Back In My Life

 

This is my very first song fic! It is a bit mushy and it doesn't exactly follow the Gundam Wing story line thing so much, but I like it. Hope you enjoy! (^_^)

Disclaimer: Most of this fanfic comes from my own mind except for all the characters who belong to the Gundam Wing series and the song "Crazy For This Girl" by the twin brothers Evan and Jerin. This fanfic is for entertainment porposes only so there should be no reason to sue me... Hopefully...

/.../=song lyrics

 

***

 

Heero Yuy stared at the computer screen in a dark room. The lighted screen bared a picture of Relena Peacecraft and some information on where she was living at the moment. He stared into her image's aquamarine eyes and remembered the time they first met. It had been on a beach after he crashed to earth in a spacecraft. She had come to his aid, although she did nothing to help him, the thought was kind.

He kept glaning at the information containg her address and phone number next to the picture. It had been so long ago. Would she even remember him after these past years? The picture of Relena Peacecraft was recent and he noticed how diffrent she looked but also how similar.

He recalled the last time he saw her: it was at a ball and it was the last one he ever attended. He remembered staring at her across the room as she danced with her brother Millardo. That night she was as beautiful as he ever remembered her being. Before she danced she told him to wait for her so they could talk, but as much as he wanted to be with her, he turned away and left. He didn't exactly know why he ran from her. May-be it was because he was scared to tell her his true feelings or may-be because he felt in case he was ever needed to go to war again, it would be safer for her if he kept his distance.

He could call her if he wanted to. He could just pick up the phone and say, 'Hi, Relena. You may not remember me, but my name is Heero Yuy. Oh, you don't remember? Well I was the insane, suicidal Gundam piolet who ditched you that one night at the ball. Oh, now you remember? And you don't care? You already have a boyfriend? He's more than just a boyfriend. Okay, I understand. I'm going to hang up now so I can cry my eyes out then finish the job you did on wrenching out my heart. Okay, bye.' He sighed at the conversasion in his head. She won't care about me anymore he thought. If she did then she would have looked for me over the past 5 years. He looked once more into the beutiful eyes of Relena Peacecraft. Altough they were only a computer image he felt her beauty and grace flow into his heart.

He focused again on her address and phone number. I can't call her... I just can't... What if she hangs up on me? May-be I should go to her house. Of course she could refuse to see me... But it would be great to see her in person again.

He stood up and turned off the computer. I'll go see her again. Just one more time...

 

***

 

Later that evening Heero stood on the doorstep of the small blue house now belonging to Relena. It seemed she wanted to get away from all the glamor and riches of her old life. It was what Heero wanted after the war. He had just wanted to enjoy what he never could before: a stroll through the park; a sunrise at the beach; a good night's sleep; and Relena's company. He couldn't fulfill the last longing for his normal life but soon he would at least hear her voice, smell her sweet perfume, and see her beautiful face.

He balled his fist and held it inches before the door. I hope she remembers me... He pulled his hand back and then brought it forward again to lightly knock on the door.

"Hold on!" a woman shouted from within the house.

May-be this isn't such a good idea. I should have called her first.

"I'm comming!" Footsteps could be heard hurring towards the door.

You can run too, Heero. There's still time. Run! In spite of what his mind wanted it seemed that his heart was in control of his body. He couldn't move. So he stood at the door step with a sweaty brow and palms.

The door opened and revealed a cheerful woman with honey-colored hair and aquamarine eyes. "Hello," she said with happiness in her voice. "Can I help you?"

She doesn't remember me. I should just go. He smiled slightly. "No. I don't think you can." He turned around to leave.

"Heero?" she called out softly. Her voice was filled with hope and at the same time pain.

He looked over his sholder at her. "You remember me, Relena?"

She clasped her hands together in front of her chest. Her smile looked painful for her to show and her beautiful eyes began to water. "Heero," she said with tears welling up. "Of course I remember you. How could I ever forget you?"

She's so beautiful. And she remembers me! He smiled and turned the rest of his body to face her.

The two stared into each other's eyes. They were so absorbed with each other that everythibng else in that moment seemed to be on a far distant planet. The only witnesses of the moment was the birds singing happily in nearby trees and the people who passed them by in their cars.

I could stay like this forever. Just soaking in her beauty. It was worth it not to run again.

 

/She was the window down./
/And she talked over the sound/
/Of the cars that pass us by./
/And I don't know why/
/But she's changed my mind./

 

Relena broke the trance by finally speaking. "Do you want to come in?"

Heero nodded. "I'd love to."

Relena stepped aside and let Heero pass her so he could get through the door of her home. She followed him in and shut the door behind her.

He looked around the lovely and cheery envioment of the house when somthing caught his eye. He walked up to a pink shelf where some pictures were sitting. He looked through the framed photos of her family and friends then saw one that surprised him.

Sitting in the middle of all the other photos was a picture of him and her dancing at one of Relena's many balls. She was wearing her lovely blue dress and he wore a black tuxedo.

"You didn't know I had it, huh?"

He turned to Relena who was now at his side looking at the same picture. "No."

Still transfixed on the picture, Relena said in a happy but serious tone, "It's my favorite."

He tore his gaze form the photo and looked at her intently.

She felt his eyes on her and stared back at him.

 

/Would you look at her./
/She looks at me./
/Got me thinking about her constantly./
/But she don't know how I feel./
/She carrys on without a doubt./
/I wonder if she's figured out./
/That I'm crazy for this girl./
/Yeah, I'm crazy for this girl./

 

"You wanna go somewhere?" he asked her.

She nodded. "I'd like that."

He took her hand in his and started for the door.

Relena didn't move, she just stood in the same place and when he walked out of reach his hand was torn from her grip.

He looked back at her. "What's the matter?"

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Where ever you want to."

"I can't right now," she explained. "I have to wait till Mike gets home."

"Who?"

"Mike." She looked back at the pictures. "He's my husband."

Heero felt like he had been hit by a ton of bricks. "Your husband?"

She continued to stare at the pictures.

He approached her and looked at the same picture she was. There was two people in the picture. One was Relena who was wearing a long, beautiful, white wedding gown and next to her was a tall and hansome man in a black tuxedo.

"But... Your last name... I assumed you weren't married."

"I don't believe women should change their last names to suit their husband's."

He bowed his head. "I understand."

She faced him. "I'm sorry, Heero."

He felt the tears welding up in his eyes but fought them back. "It's okay. I understand." He turned around and walked towards the door.

"Heero! Wait!"

Heero didn't stop. He kept walking, fighting back the burning in his eyes. But it's not okay. It's not okay. I should have called. I should have... He opened the door and slammed it behind him. Relena has no place in her life for me. I should have let her remember me the way I was in that picture: a brave soldier, the perfect soldier.

He found a bench along one of the sidewalks and sat down on it. He burried his face in his hands and let the tears flow. I'm so stupid. I should have called. It hurts so much... I never felt so much pain before. I never want to feel it again. Never...

Heero felt a hand on his hunched over back.

"Don't cry, Heero," a sweet voice behind him pleaded. "Please don't cry."

He wiped his eyes with the back of his hands and looked up through blood shot eyes at Relena's heavenly face.

She walked around to the front of the beach and sat next to him. "Don't cry," she wispered.

He stared into her aquamarine eyes. I wish I could hold her. Just once... His feelings overpowered him and he fell towards her. He reached his arms around her and pulled her close. Then he burried his face in her shoulder as his eyes began to tear again.

"Heero," she wispered.

"It hurts, Relena," he wispered to her.

She placed her hand on the back of his head. "I know."

He pulled back. "You do?"

She smiled with slight amusment. "This is how I used to feel after you left me that one night."

"Oh, God," he relized. "I'm so sorry, Relena. I didn't mean to put you through this pain. I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

She reached out and wrapped her arms around him. "It's okay," she wispered to him. She stroked the back of his head. "It's okay."

"Are you happy?" he asked her.

She hesitated. "Yes."

There was a long pause between the two. But Heero finally broke the silence. "I want you to be happy."

"I am," she admitted. "I'm even happier now that you're back in my life."

"For the longest time I wondered how it would be like to see you again. I'm glad I came."

"I am, too."

 

/She was the one to hold me/
/The night the sky fell down/
/And what was I thinking when/
/The world didn't end/
/Why didn't I know?/
/I know now./

 

Relena pulled back and stared at Heero in the eyes. "I hope you're happy with your life, too."

He smiled. "I am. Now that you're back in MY life."

She smiled at him, too and once more they gazed at each other as though there was no other thing in the world.

 

/Would you look at her/
/She looks at me/
/She's got me thinking about her constantly/
/But she don't know how I feel/
/She carrys on without a doubt/
/I wonder if she'll figure out/
/That I'm crazy for this girl./
/Yeah, I'm crazy for this girl./

 

Relena finally spoke again, and this time it was of the words from her heart. "I honstly thought you and me would end up toghther. I know it sounds crazy for a fifteen year old girl to think about marrage, but I thought I was in love."

"You did?"

"Yes. And now that I'm grown up I belive it even stronger."

Heero's eyes softened as he listened to her words. She loved me. She really loved me.

 

/Right now,/
/Face to face./
/All my fears/
/Pushed aside./
/And right now,/
/I'm ready to spend the rest of my life./
/With you./

 

"Relena?" Heero asked.

"Yes, Heero?"

He smiled as he spoke the true words of his heart, "I'm glad your happy. But you have to promise never to let me run away from you again."

She stared into his pursian blue eyes and smiled. "I promise."

He stared back into her aquamarine eyes. This time they were her real eyes and not a computer image. He felt her beauty and grace radiate to his heart. It was a good idea to come here. But it won't be my last. I'm never letting her leave my life and I'm never going to run away again. Never...

 

/Would you look at her/
/She looks at me/
/She's got me thinking about her constantly/
/But she don't know how I feel/
/And then she carrys on without a doubt/
/I wonder if she's figured out/
/That I'm crazy for this girl./
/Yeah, I'm crazy for this girl./

How'd you like it? I know it was mushy and Heero was really out of character... But you never know, it could happen! All those years of pain finally got to the guy. Okay, okay, so it's not likely. But I don't care! It's my world and anything can happen in it!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

__________________________________________________