Well, here it is! The long (or not-so-long) awaited sequel to "Bouncing Off The Ceiling"! I'm SO happy that everyone liked the first one. To tell the truth, I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out, but I'm happy to say that it went well. This one goes back to my usual style, though. And again, I put the PG rating on this because some people might not understand the story if they aren't older than at least 10, NOT because of inappropriate content. And a BIG thank you to Goldberry for sending me the correct lyrics to "Bouncing". And another big thank you to everyone who read and reviewed "Bouncing Off The Ceiling". You guys really made my day! Please continue to review! And now, on with the story! Enjoy!

Angel~

Disclaimer: Let's get one thing straight, buddy. I don't own Gundam Wing, and if you don't like it go away now. I don't own the song "Before Me And You", either. It belongs to Shedaisy who, BTW, have to be one of the greatest singing groups ever!

Before Me And You

By Angel of Death

 

Relena Peacecraft sat in her room, watching the rain fall outside. It was ironic, actually, because every other rainy day before then had been gloomy and depressing which didn't match Relena's present mood in the slightest way. The cause of her happiness was the anticipation of the arrival of her secret (or not-so-secret) love, Heero Yuy, at the Peacecraft Mansion. The day before had been her 19th birthday, and had been her happiest birthday so far only because Heero had been there. Now the leader of the peace-keeping army called the Preventers, Lady Une, had requested that Heero come and stay at the Peacecraft Mansion for awhile so he could help the Preventers with "some stuff" as Lucrezia Noin had so quaintly put it. But Relena could tell that they were doing it to bring her and Heero closer together, not that she was complaining. She sighed happily and looked out at the rain that was now evolving into a storm. I don't think I'll wish the rain would go away ever again. she thought as she traced a raindrop down the window with her finger.

"Every kiss

Before this

Was nothin' but a waste of breath

And every 'I love you'

Was just a whoop-de-doo

Never knew what I missed

Before this . . ."

Heero Yuy stepped out of his taxi and met the storm that was raging just outside the Sank Kingdom where the Peacecraft Mansion was. The driver hopped out as well and inspected the flat tire that had popped a minute before. Heero turned to get his luggage, which consisted of one small backpack and a laptop in its traveling case, and spoke to the taxi driver. "You get back in the car and I'll walk the rest of the way to the mansion. I'll send someone out to help you when I get there." he said, turning in the direction of the Peacecraft Mansion. In five seconds he was soaked as if he'd just come out of a swimming pool, but it wasn't surprising as he was only clad in his usual green tanktop and black shorts. This didn't seem to affect him, however, as he had been trained to be able to ignore extreme temperatures to a certain extent. But his training wasn't what was keeping him walking. In fact, he didn't appear to even notice how wet and cold he was. His thoughts were already concentrated on the girl living in the mansion he was heading to.

"Relena."

"Yeah, and every love song

Before you came along

Was always about someone else

Oh, and every star

Was just a wish too far

Always the realist

Before this . . ."

Relena was now pacing back and forth across her bedroom floor, anxiously awaiting Heero's arrival. She looked at the clock on the wall, which read 6:17 p.m. She went back to her pacing. Why isn't he here? He was supposed to be here almost an hour ago! she thought nervously. She stopped pacing and forced herself to sit down at the window. Before her eyes, the storm grew into a howling deluge. Her eyes widened as a new thought hit her. He couldn't have gotten in some sort of accident, could he? Relena pushed those thoughts away quickly. Of course he hasn't! And even if he has, he would survive. After all, he is the Perfect Soldier . . . Relena looked around her room, her eyes falling onto the worn brown teddy-bear that Heero had given her for her birthday. She smiled and reached over to pick it up. Hugging it close, she went back to her vigil at the window, hoping fervently that Heero was okay.

 

"And the way things go

You never know

Where love will lead you to

And everything

We've ever dreamed lies

Before me and you . . ."

 

Heero trudged across the muddy ground toward the Peacecraft Mansion, all the while thinking about Relena. He wondered why Lady Une had so suddenly needed his assistance, but he didn't dwell on that for long. He wondered what was going to happen over the next 6 months, for Lady Une had called to tell him that was how long he'd be staying. But his thoughts were interrupted when his foot suddenly sunk into a hidden pothole. He fell forward with a sickening crack. His left foot was engulfed in flames of pain but, soldier that he was, he ignored it as he got up and steadied himself. Heero immediately knew he'd broken something, though he didn't know exactly what. But he couldn't tend to it out in the middle of the gale, so he continued toward the mansion that was now visible and looked about 5 more miles away. As he trudged through the wind and rain, he consoled himself with the thought that at least he'd see Relena soon. Heero pictured her dazzling smile and dancing aquamarine eyes, and all the pain just seemed to vanish.

"Relena . . ."

 

"People say

It's not every day

That you find the perfect fit

But when I fell for you

I found the other shoe

Cupid was a myth

Before this . . ."

 

Relena still kept her vigil at her bedroom window, her sharp eyes alert to any outside movement. For a moment, she averted her attention to the sound of the TV that her brother, Milliardo, and his wife, Noin, were watching downstairs. "And now, the weather." she heard the news anchorman say. Then he went on to say that the storm raging outside was predicted to get worse, and that anyone driving is greatly advised to get inside. Thanks for telling me. Relena thought bitterly, but took it back as she couldn't really blame the news people for the storm or for the fact that Heero was still out in it. She sighed and reverted back to her watch, hoping that Heero would arrive soon. She waited for another half hour, and when he didn't show up, she walked down the stairs and got ready to go outside. Noin was just walking to the kitchen when she spotted Relena and hurried over.

"Relena, what are you doing? You're not gonna go out there are you?" she asked incredulously.

"Yes, I am. We gave all the servants, including Pagan, the day off so I'll have to go on foot." Relena replied, zipping up her waterproof coat and picking up her umbrella.

"But Relena-" Noin began but was cut off by Relena.

"Noin, we live way out in the country so I couldn't ask for anyone's help even if I wanted to. You and Milliardo stay here." Relena ordered in her no-nonsense tone. She opened the door and stepped out before Noin could stop her. Noin smiled as she watched Relena walk into the darkness.

"I think this is a bit more than just a crush." she whispered to herself and went back to watch TV with her husband.

 

"And the way things go

You never know

Where love will lead you to

And everything

We've ever dreamed lies

Before me and you . . ."

 

Heero slowly made his way to the mansion, his leg hurting more than ever. He was still carrying his luggage, stubborn as he was, when he tripped over something and landed on his stomach. This time, he couldn't get up. He was too tired. He would just have to wait for someone to find him. And I was so close. he thought, laying back down on the cold ground.

Relena walked in what she hoped was the general direction of the road, her head bowed against the wind and rain. She had grabbed a flashlight before she'd left the house, and she was currently darting it's beam every which way, hardly giving it a chance to show her anything.

"Heero!" she called, hoping that maybe he'd respond.

"Uhnn . . ." was the response she got.

It came from about three yards to her right.

"Heero?" she called, louder in desperation.

"Relena?" Heero replied weakly, the weather and temperature finally getting to him.

The umbrella fell from Relena's numb fingers as she hurried over to her injured friend.

"What happened, Heero?" she asked as she helped him up.

"I-I tripped into a pothole and broke something, I'm not sure what." Heero replied, wincing ever-so-slightly at the pain in his left leg.

"Let's get you to the house and we'll have Noin look at that." Relena said, helping Heero get to the mansion.

 

"And the way things go

You never know

Where love will lead you to

And everything

We've ever dreamed lies

Before me and you . . ."

 

***2 HOURS LATER***

 

Relena sat next to Heero in the room that he was to occupy until his "job" was finished. Heero was in bed and was sleeping like a log, which was unusual for him. Relena was sitting in a chair by his bed, leaning over and stroking his hair. Although she looked weary outwardly, she was yelling and rejoicing inwardly. Poor Heero, it might be tough for him over the next few days with a twisted ankle. Relena chuckled quietly. What am I thinking? Heero, the Perfect Soldier, be troubled by a twisted ankle? That'll be the day . . . Her smile grew as Heero let out a sigh, something she'd never heard him do. He looks so peaceful, who would know what he's like when he's awake?

"Relena, I've got some papers that need to be signed ASAP!" came Milliardo's voice from downstairs.

Reluctantly, Relena got up from her chair. But before she left the room, she leaned over and gave Heero a soft kiss. When she was out of the room, Heero opened his eyes and looked at the spot she had previously occupied, a the first smile he'd ever smiled on his face.

 

"And the way things go

You never know

Where love will lead you to

And everything

We've ever dreamed lies

Before me and you

 

Yeah, before me . . .

Me and you . . ."

 

THE END