IF ONLY I KNEW
BY: EMILY AKA LINH
E-MAIL: angelst8r1778@hotmail.com
 
Disclaimers: Gundam Wing doesn't belong to me. They belong to whoever made them.
 
AN: Finally, this chapter is out. Sorry it took so long, but I was having writer's block and other stuff too. I know I said that I'll have it out in a couple of days, but that was like a year ago, so sorry again. Well, to start off the New Year, here's the next chapter. 1/1/03
 
Ch. 10
 
"Let me go, TROWA." She screamed. She tried desperately to break free, but he had a strong grip on her.
 
She was surprised, scared, pissed, saddifferent emotions were rushing at her at once and she didn't know how to sort it out. It was a little uncanny finding out the person that kidnapped her was someone she knew and trusted, but at the same time she was relieve it wasn't a stranger under the mask. Still, a little part of her had wish that it wasn't Trowa, but the person she been dreaming of all this time.
 
'Who else is in on her kidnapping?' She thought. 'All my friends?' the people she knew and trusted? She didn't know whether to interpret this as a bad thing or a good thing.
 
Trowa let go of her slow and she backed away as fast as she could to the bed. They both sat in silence thinking about what to do next. Trowa broke the silence, "I don't know how to explain this to you, but" He stopped, not knowing how to break it to her without upsetting her. It was probably better if she didn't know because her emotions might get the better of herat least until she go have a talk with someone first.
 
"I want an explanation, Trowa! What's going on here? Is this some kind of a joke? Because if it is, it's not funny!" Her voice was shaky and it took every ounce of energy she had to choke out the words. She knows something isn't right and somewhere deep inside of her she has a weird feeling that Trowa is not the masked person she was with before. The image was starting to get clear in her head now. The masked person before was a little shorter and his eyessomething about those blue eyes. The way they stare straight into her, reading her mind and feeling her heart. 'Something'
 
'OMG!' Realization hit her hard on the face. "Heero" she whispered.
 
"Heerohe'sI don't know how to explain this to you. It's complicated and well, I think it's better if he explain it to you instead."
 
"Heero. He's here. All this time I thought I was done for and no one was going to find me and I might never see anyone again, butthisI don't believe itI was trickedand lied to."
 
Trowa felt guilty. He didn't want her to feel like she was tricked and lied to, but it was true, she was. It was for her own protection, but they could have done it a different way.
 
"I'mwe're sorry for having to put you through this."
 
"I want to see Heero!" She demanded.
 
Trowa got up and open the door, he led her inside. Waiting for her on the other side was the person she long to see, lying on the bed sleeping, obvious tired. Trowa continued on his way to another door opposite of the one they entered it. He opened it and left, giving the two some alone time.
 
'They need to sort out a lot of things.' He thought as the door closed behind him. 'Hope I'm doing the right thing by letting her see him. Man, he's going to be pissed when he wakes up. Shit! I'm getting careless by letting her caught me like that.'
 
"Heero" Relena whispered his name like it was her last word. Tears start forming in her eyes and no matter how hard she tried, she can't stop them from falling. She doesn't know whether it was the shocking of seeing him laying here, sleeping like a baby, or the fact that he had something to do with all this crazy-ness that's been going on. Either way, she was glad to see him again.
 
Relena sat down on the bed and stroke his face lightly, not wanting to wake him up. She wanted to savor the moment with him before he gets up and walk away again, leaving her alone. She found his hand and held it. It was surprising how all this didn't wake him up. 'He must be really tired to be dead asleep. OMG! He's not dead is he?' She checked his pulse to make sure, letting out a sigh of relieve when she found one. Relena let out a soft chuckled, 'how silly of me? Of course he's not dead.'
 
She didn't know how long she sat there staring at him, but it wasn't long before he woke up.
 
'Am I dreaming? This can't be real.' For the last couple of days, Heero has been dreaming only of Relena. In a couple of them they were having a good time, laughing, dancing, just being together, in others she was killed in front of his face and he couldn't do anything about it.
 
"Relena?" He said out loud.
 
"Heero, I want an explanation."
 
He sat up straight and looked at her straight in the eye, confused as to why she was out here, sitting on his bed, looking angry, and not on the other side of that door.
 
"Heero! You owe me one!"
 
"RelenaI" How was he going to tell her? That she's in danger and this is the only way to protect her, by kidnapping her because she's too stubborn to go into hiding herself, that he loves her more than anything, but he doesn't know how to express it? This whole thing is making him go crazy.
 
He reach out and touch her face lightly. A drop of tear rolls down her face, and he brush it away. Heero pull her into his arm and she wraps her arms around his waist. This was the only thing he can do because no words were forming in his head.
 
Lost in their own world, the two didn't care about anything, not even the sound of footsteps outside the door or the door opening.
 
"Well, well, well, looks like I'm safe." Came the voice of Duo Maxwell.
 
Heero turned his head to him, giving him the famous death glare and the 'if-you-don't-get-out-of-here-now-I'll-kill-you' look, while still holding on to Relena, not wanting to let her go.
 
"Well! Look at the time! Lunch! NoumDinner! Bye!" He shit the door so hard the wall shook.
 
Relena couldn't help, but laugh. Heero was glad to see that she was no longer mad, didn't want her to get too worked up and start running away from him. It's too dangerous right now if she leaves the hideout.
 
She looked at him then with a smile and she kissed him. He was surprised, but he kissed her back with everything he had. Finally, they broke off for air.
 
"I'll explain everything to you later, but right now there's something I want to tell you. Ilo" He didn't get a chance to finish before the door came flying open. Heero turned his head, expected to see Duo or maybe some other bastard that wants to die, but he came face to face with a gun. Then everything went black.
 

AN: Well, looks like that's the end of it. Hoped you like it! I don't know when I'll be able to get the next one out. I remember the last time I promised a few days, it turned out to be over a year. That's not a good thing. I just don't know how to end it. Well, I'll think of something.