Ch.3

 

She sat staring at the diamond sky overlooking the majestic beach. The cool breeze blows her hair gently behind her, making it easier to see her face, which is calm and peaceful. The moonlight shining brightly on her. Making her look angelic to any figure that happens to walk by.

 

ëItís so beautiful here. I should have thought about coming here sooner. Well, all thanks to Hilde anyways.í

 

Hilde Schbeiker, one of her best friend, rented a cabin by the beach, but at the last minute cancel. She didnít want it to go to waste, so she convinced Relena to go instead. Knowing Relena and all, she didnít want to leave her work. So Hilde volunteered to substitute for her, after hours of convincing, of course. It has been days since she arrives, but somehow the view always seems to amaze her each time.

 

ëHeero, I wish you could see this with me. Itís so beautiful and everything is so calm. I feel like thereís no worry whenever I gaze at it. There really is something more than just paper after paper, day after day, huh?í She thought, while chuckling to herself. She was too busy thinking, that she didnít notice someone was walking up behind her.

 

ìRelena? Actually laughing? There really is a god,î the figure said half joking.

 

The voice from behind snapped her back to attention. ìDuo, I didnít hear you coming.î

 

He couldnít help, but laugh. ìI wonder why. Does this have something to do withÖohÖI donít knowÖa certain reason about someone that youíre thinking about?î

 

Now it was Relena turn to laugh. ìOf course not,î half lying, ìI was just thinking how beautiful the sky was. You can actually see the stars shining bright here, then in the city.î

 

ìYeah,î he said sitting down next to her. Duo Maxwell, the other person that jumped at the chance go, was here to protect Relena, if any unexpected danger happens, but everyone knows that really reason he was here. Free vacation of course. ^_^

 

ìDid Hilde call yet?î

 

Duo nodded his head sadly. Relena looked surprised as to why the most energetic person she has ever met was looking down right before her. ëI never thought that one day I would witness Duo not having a happy expression on his face. He was always the most joyful person out of all the Gundam pilots. Heero would love to see this. In fact, he would give anything to see this.í She thought while smiling to herself.

 

ìWhatís wrong?î

 

ìHilde was just checking in, thatís all.î

 

Oh, so this is about Hilde. I should have known.

 

ìShe didnít even want to talk to me. She asked for you the minute I picked up the phone. She didnít even say hi,î he continues whining.

 

There was a moment of silence, until Relena spoke, ìDo you like her?î

 

That made Duo looked up. ìOf course I do. Sheís like my best friend. Iím her roommate for crying out loud.î

 

ìNo, I donít mean like that. I mean do have feelings for her in that you know kind of way?î

 

ìLike you like Heero?î

 

ìYeah, something like that.î

 

ìWHAT? Of course not. I was merely saying that she didnít seem to care enough to even say hi to me,î a nervous looking Duo screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

Relena raise and eye brow at him while covering her ear.

 

ìOkÖokÖI do. I really like her. I care for her. In fact, I love her. Too bad she doesnít know.î Once again the sad expression was on his face.

 

ìWell, then tell her,î Relena suggested.

 

ìWHAT? You nuts. I donít want to die so soon.î

 

Relena couldnít help, but laugh as Duo sat half worrying, half scared. Duo was the kind of person that is shy about anything. Maybe there is a whole other side of him no one knows about.

 

ìWhy would you have to die?î She couldnít help, but ask him.

 

ìSheíll probably think Iím trying to pull something on her again,î said thinking about the last time he put a fake rat in her bed and about the time he put color dye in her shampoo, ìSheíll probably pull a gun out and shoot me right there. Although, that would be better, then if she said she doesnít feel the same way about me.î The last sentence he said to no one in particular.

 

Relena couldnít help, but feel sorry for the young man sitting before her.

 

ìHow do you know she doesnít feel the same way than?î

 

ìI just know she doesnít.î

 

At that point, she doesnít want to make the conversation go any farther. Duo upsetting Duo is going to damage him. Changing the subject she asked, ìHave you heard from Heero?î ëGreat subject to change to.í She thought scolding to herself.

 

ìNo,î was all he could say. He didnít want to lie, but he also didnít want to betray his friend, knowing what would happened if he do.

 

ìDuo, does he hate me?î

 

ìNo.î

 

ëHe doesnít hate you. He loves you. Oh, man. What if thatís what she believe? Heero would kill me for sure.í Feeling a little scared, he kept quiet and just stared at the beach.

 

ìThen why did he need to start over? I can understand that he doesnít want to remember the battles, the innocent lives that was lost during it, but I thought he has some really good memories too, you know. Does he really want to forget all his friends?  About me?î She felt like crying.

 

ìNo, thatís not the reason, well, yeah, you were right about him wanting to forget about the war, but he will never want to forget his friends and most of all he will never ever want to forget you. Heíll come back, you can count on it. Didnít he promise to always protect you or something? Heero is a man of his word and his gun.î

 

He last part made her laugh a little. ìYeah, he did.î Feeling hope rising in her, she stood up to go inside.

 

ëWhatever it is you need to forget, forget it fast and come back to her before itís too late,í was Duo last thought before he went inside.

 

~~~~The Next Morning~~~~

 

Relena woke up bright and early the next day. She felt different today. Something she hasnít felt in a long time. ëDuoís right. Heero has always leaved, but then come back to whenever Iím in danger. So heíll be back again. Although, if he did I would be in danger of some kind. í She thought as she put her clothes on. ëHopefully that wouldnít happened.í

 

There was a message on the answering machine, when she walked into the living.

 

ëI wonder who itís from. Probably Hilde checking in again.í

 

 

Miss Relena,

The food you have order is ready. Unfortunately, our delivery truck has some technical problem and therefore could not make the delivery. We are truly sorry. If itís not a problem for you, could you please come pick it up, we donít know when the truck will be fix. Just come to 243 LAN LAN Dr. Thank you.

 

ëDuoís still asleep, so I guess Iíll go put it up.í

 

She wrote a note to Duo and was out the door.

 

~~~~Duoís room~~~~

 

Duo got up 2 hours after Relena did.

 

ìMan, I slept like a log. Probably cause of that dream about Hilde,î he said smiling to himself. He got out of bed and got dress.

 

Walking around the house half asleep, he looked for Relena when he didnít find her in her room. ëMan, where is she?í Then a note on the table caught his eye. It was from Relena.

 

Duo,

            I went to town to pick up some groceries. I got a message from the store this morning. Donít worry; Iíll be back soon.

Relena

 

ëWhat Iím I suppose to do while sheís gone? Oh, well, at least I didnít have to pick up the groceries. Sheíll probably have to get ten big strong men to help her. (AN: Duo eats a lot) At least there be more food soon. I think weíre running out again. (Third time this week)í

 

~~~~2 hours later~~~~

 

ëWhere is she? She should have be back by now.í Duo was getting worry. ëIíll wait a couple more minutes and then Iím looking for herí

 

~~~~15 Minutes Later~~~~

 

ìWhere is she? Itís been likeÖohÖI donít knowÖ a long time. Where could she be? She just have to pick up the groceries thatís all,î he yelled angrily as he pace around the room.

 

The doorbell rang a couple of minutes later. A nervous Duo stopped pace and open the door. A man in his late twenties was holding two bags of groceries, and there was at least 5 or 6 more at his foot.  

 

ìHere are you groceries. I hope I got everything. Thank you for using Lennyís Quick Food Deliver. Have a nice day sir.î

 

ìI think you have the wrong house. My friend was supposed to pick these up?î

 

ìNo, I got the right one. A delivery for a Miss Dorlain, right?î

 

ìYeah, but I got a message from you guy andÖwellÖwhy donít you h ear it for yourself.î Duo leads the man inside the cabin. He didnít feel like arguing right now.

 

He played the message for him. ìIím sorry to say this, but our delivery truck doesnít have a problem. I donít know who call you and lied, but as you can see, Iím here now so thereís canít be anything wrong,î the man said after the record was done playing.

 

ìCould it be that someone else call because they were suppose to delivery today?î Duo asked the man standing before him.

 

He was getting worry. Not only for Relena and also for his life.

 

ìNope, I do all the deliver around this area. Hasnít had a substitute since my very first day. I donít intend to start now. Beside I want to have that rise, which by the way I am, pretty soon. My boss say Iím the best man he has yet.î

 

ëMan, this guy brags.í

 

ìSoÖî he began.

 

ìSomeone must have lie to your friend to get herÖî

 

Before he could finish the sentence, Duo was running toward the front door.

 

ìHey, where are you going?î

 

ìIíll be back.î

 

ìWhat about the food?î

 

ìTake it inside and remember to lock the door on your way out.î

 

He didnít get a chance to reply because Duo was in the delivery truck and has starting the engine already.

 

ìHey, thatís my truck,î he yelled angrily for Duo to stop, but was too late. He was already gone. ìGreat just great. How am I going to tell my boss that I did finish? COME BACK HERE YOU BRAID BOY?î he yelled.

 

ëRelena, I hope Iím not too late.í

 

To be continueÖ

 

Man, that was too long. Howíd you like it? Good, bad, ok? Oh, I want to say that, Iím sorry for making Duo act a little weird.