Deadly Intentions: Chapter 13

 

During dinner things were a bit awkward.  Duo, Hilde, Quarte, and Dorothy were chatting away talking about how nice it was to be in the country away from the pressure of their daily lives.  As for Heero and Relena they both ate and once in a while they would stare at each other from the corner of their eyes.

 

 

 

The next day came quickly everyone was about his or hers business.  Quarte and Dorothy were out in the backyard taking a walk together, Hilde in her room listening to some music, Relena also in her room reading a book, Heero in his room typing away on his laptop, and Duo walked in to Heero's room about to tease him.

 

"Hey Heero sorry about yesterday".

 

"What are you sorry about?" Heero asked as he continued to type away.

 

"You know".

 

"I don't have time for games Duo".

 

"You and Relena looked kinda busy when I interrupted".

 

"You didn't interrupt anything".

 

"Oh come on someone will have to be blind in order not to tell that you guys were about to kiss.  Now you really have to admit you love her".

 

"I have work to do so leave".

 

"I'll leave after you admit it".

 

"I have nothing to admit".

 

"I'm your best friend.  If you won't admit it then I'll stay here annoying you until you do".  Duo started humming.  "Hmmm, Hmmmmmmmmm, HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Heero couldn't take it anymore.

 

"DAMN IT DUO!  Fine I'll tell you yes I do love her.  I've been in love with her ever since I first lyed eyes on her.  I thought about her everyday during the years we were apart.  There you heard what you wanted to hear now leave!"

 

"I knew it.  I knew it all along".

 

"Duo leave before I hurt you".

 

"Not before I give you some advice.  Heero buddy why don't you tell her?  I see the way you look at her.  Whatcha waiting for?  Trust me you won't regret it", with that Duo left leaving Heero deep in thought.

 

 

 

Relena on the other hand was lying on her bed reading a book but was having trouble concentrating.  "I can't take this!"  Relena said and threw the book on the ground.  Samson startled barked.

 

"Oh sorry Sam.  Didn't mean to startle you, come here".  Samson put his head in Relena's lap and petted him as she spoke.  "I don't understand him Sam.  He's Heero the cold-hearted boy . . . well man now.  He's train to kill, yet he's so sincere.  His words helped me, maybe that's why I love him so much I see the good in him . . . "I would do anything in my will to make that happen".   His voice played in Relena's mind.  "It's almost . . . almost . . . almost like he cares about me.  No. No, it's crazy just completely crazy.  Heero caring about me?  Now that's a laugh . . . yet what I saw in his eyes was . . . was it love?"

 

"Relennnnnnna", called Dorothy from the first floor.

 

"Yeeeeees?"

 

"I need your help in something".

 

"In what?"

 

"Actually I was wondering if you liked to joy me in a card game or something".

 

"Sure I'd love to".

 

"Do you guys mind in speaking a conversation to each other instead of yelling it?" yelled Hilde from her room.

 

"Sorry Hilde", yelled Relena.

 

"Yeah sorry", yelled Dorothy.

 

"Come one Sammy".  Relena got up and headed out with her book in hand, as she was about to make her way downstairs she bumped into Heero.  "Oh . . . umm sorry".  Once again she was about to make her way down the stairs when suddenly Heero grabbed her wrist.

 

"Wait . . . I umm . . . I . . . "Why don't you tell her?  Trust me you won't regret it"  Heero heard Duo's advice running though his head.  "I . . . you dropped this", Heero grabbed the book from the floor and handed it to her.

 

"Thank you", Relena said and headed down the stairs.

 

"Damn it!  Why can't I just tell her?  Every time I'm with her I lose myself", he said to himself.  Angrily he went back to his room and slammed the door shut.