Deadly Intentions: Chapter 14

 

Relena and Dorothy were in the living room over by the table, playing a game of poker.

"It's the moment of truth Dorothy, show me what you have".

"Okay but, I think I finally won. Try to beat this Relena, straight in diamonds", Dorothy said as she put her cards down on the table.

"I must admit you're a good player, but I'm afraid not as good as me", it was then that Relena put her own cards down. "Full house, I win!"

"Unfair, you cheat! What is that . . . three in a row?"

"No, four in a row. But who's counting?" Relena said sarcastically.

"Again, another game."

"You don't give up easily do you?"

"Not until I beat you".

"Okay, but we're going to be here for a while."

"Just shut up and cut the deck."

 

Outside the mansion, Steven and thirty men were setting up the preparations for the attack. "Okay men does everyone have a rifle, bullets, and a CS gas ball?" asked Steven.

"Sir, yes sir," the men replied.

"Sir, what are CS gas balls?" one man asked.

"If you throw it to the ground, white gas will automatically emerge and this blinds the opponent only for a brief moment. Use it against the gundam pilots when I say."

"Yes sir".

"Now men hear this, if anyone grabs a hold of Miss Relena Peacecraft no harm is to come to her. If for some reason harm does come to her I will have your head! Now then, half of you will be assigned to the roof. There you will set explosives and once they explode, attack. The other half will attack around the mansion, understood?"

"Sir, yes sir", they all replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"YES! I finally win", Dorothy cheered.

"I guess you did . . . with some luck".

"What's that suppose to mean? Wait, did you let me win on purpose?"

"No, of course not. Why would I do a think like that?" Relena said as she chuckled.

"Because you probably felt sorry for me".

This time Relena couldn't surpress her laughter any longer. "No I didn't", she said as she laughed.

"Yes you did".

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes" . . . etc.

Suddenly Samson sat up and started barking up toward the roof.

"Sam what's wrong with you?" asked Relena.

(Meanwhile fifteen men were climbing up the roof. One lost his balance and fell on his back, which made a thump sound)

"Did you hear that?" Dorothy asked.

"Hear what? All I hear is Sam barking."

"Exactly, he must sense something."

"It's probably some bird or little animal on the roof."

"I don't think so Relena. I feel that something's wrong".

"Dorothy you're starting to scare me."

Just then an explosion was heard. BOOM!!!! The mansion shooked and fifteen men jumped down from the roof with rifles in their hands ready to shoot. The girls braced themselves and Dorothy stood in front of Relena.

One man suddenly spoke "No harm will be done to you Miss (indicating to Dorothy) all you have to do is hand Miss Peacecraft over."

"You'll have to kill me first," said Dorothy.

"Then so be it", he raised his rifle and was about to shoot when he fell back as a bullet entered him. Both Dorothy and Relena looked back and saw that smoking gun that was held by Heero. Everyone (Duo, Quarte, and Hilde) was by his side, armed and ready.

"Relena come here", Heero spoke. She obeyed.

Steven was among the men and decided to speak "I will let that incident that you shot one of my men pass, however like he said hand Miss Peacecraft over and I will guarantee you all will not be harmed."

"No chance", Duo said.

"Then pay the consequences".

Gunshots broke out and the gundam pilots along with Dorothy and Hilde sprand into action shooting at the men.

Heero pulled Relena to him. "Just stay right behind me, no matter what do not leave my side".

"Ye ­ yes I understand".

Soon all the men were dead except of course Steven. "Bravo, I must say that I'm very impressed."

"Unless you don't want to be hurt as well, I suggest you give yourself up", Quarte said.

"You see I kind of knew this was going to happen. That is why I had a back up plan. NOW!"

BOOM!!! Another explosion was heard and the house shook once again. Throwing and sending everyone in different directions. Relena was separated from Heero as she was also thrown.

"Now I have you", Steven said as he grabbed Relena off the floor and held her to him The gundam pilots and girls on the other hand were busying dealing with the additional fifteen men that came in and started shooting.

"HALT!", Steven screamed above the shooting.

"HEERO!" screamed Relena.

Everyone stopped and directed their attention to Steven and Relena.

"Just let her go. You don't have any business with her", Heero said between his clutched teeth.

"You're right pilot 01, I don't have any business with her but my leader does. I bet he'll have a big reward for me. So you see Miss Peacecraft here is my key and I won't by any chance let her go".

Samson apparently wasn't too thrill that a strange man held Relena to him because he instantly ran and launched toward him with his sharp teeth bulging, ready to kill. Steven saw this so he took out his gun and shot several times at the dog, Sam went down dead.

"NOOOO!" cried Relena.

"NOW MEN!" shouted Steven.

All of the men took out the CS gas balls and threw them to the ground causing big clouds of white smoke to emerge. The gundam pilot, Hilde, and Dorothy were blinded and couldn't see a thing. Steven took this opportunity to take Relena out of there and into a helicopter that was waiting outside.

"Heero! HEERO!" screamed Relena.

"RELENA!" he responded.

But by the time the white smoke had cleared the fifteen men, Steven, and Relena had disappeared. There was nothing left except the bodies of dead soldiers as well as Samson's.