Deadly Intentions: Chapter 2

The next day at the meeting Relena was bored out of her mind. The meeting was about enforcing some new weapons and the effect it will have on peace. All she was looking forward to was the lunch she was going to have with Duo and Hilde. When the meeting ended Relena went to the ladies room to freshen up a bit before she met up her old time friends. It was a pity that she had to eat lunch in her uniform, it was a simple pink shirt, that went slightly longer than a mini shirt, a white tank top, a body tight jacket with the Sanc Kingdom symbol on it, pink platforms, and wore her hair down loose. Relena walked as fast as she could, she hated being late.

"Excuse me, Miss Peacecraft, would you give me the pleasure of joining me for lunch?" asked Derek a representor from Colony L2.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I already have a lunch meeting". On a few occasions she had noticed that he had had his eyes on her for a while.

"Oh . . . well . . . maybe some other time?"

"I would be delighted", Relena smiled then left and went to meet Pagan by her limo.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So then I told the guy to just chill out and man I thought he was really going to give it to me", Duo said.

Relena and Hilde were laughing their heads off. "Ow, my stomach is starting to hurt. Hilde did that really happen?" asked Relena.

"Yup, it sure did ", said Hilde.

"Lena, what have you been up to lately?" asked Duo.

"Well, nothing much really. You know it's always some meeting, party, or conference I have to attend".

"Bummer".

"Yeah. At times I wish I wasn't the "Symbol for Peace" or the "Famous Relena Peacecraft". I would like to be just a regular 21 year old woman living her life freely". Just then she glanced at her watch. "Oh dear, I must go or else".

"Or else what?" asked Hilde.

"Or else my brother will give me a lecture about how I can't be late because of my schedule. At times he can be really annoying, but I know he does the things he does for my own good".

"Well okay then, maybe we can go shopping next weekend or whenever", Hilde said.

"Sure sounds like fun". Relena then hugged Duo and Hilde then left in her limo.

"Well Hilde babe why don't we go home and have some fun", Duo said with a smirk.

"Sure, you can help me with the dishes". *that wasn't what I had in mind* Duo thought

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile some million miles away a young man with brown hair, blue eyes, and well build was sitting at his desk in his bedroom, typing away in his laptop. An older man with white hair and glasses just then entered the room and spoke. "Heero what else have you found?" asked Dr J.

"So far the leader's name of the new Oz organization is Maximus Strife and they call themselves Swift Vengeance. The two things I don't know is when they will attack and where their hiding place is. Fortunately the Gundams were never destroyed and are being upgraded as we speak", Heero answered.

Dr J nodded and left the room. Heero turned to the vid phone and dialed a number.

"Hello, Duo here."

"Duo I have some business to discuss".

"Heero buddy! Hey what have you been up to? Wow, I haven't seen or heard from you in like 4 . . . no 5 years. Sometimes I wondered where the "Famous Suicide Boy known as Heero Yuy" is and I came up with the conclusion that you -

"Shut up and listen".

"Gee, okay okay. Can't blame a guy for trying to be nice".

"There's a new Oz organization that wants to end peace and restore war. I arrive next week, until the time being I need you to protect Relena".

"Wait let me get this straight, there's a reform Oz unit that what's to end peace . . . so that's probably means Relena is their prime target. And you want me to protect her for you?"

"Yeah Duo, do you think you can handle that?"

"Sure buddy! Just answer me one question for me, would yea?"

"What is it?!"

"What do you really feel for her? I mean this is more than just another mission, isn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about".

"Oh please, why don't you just admit it, you love her and that's that. Come on go for her. If she wasn't one of my good friends and if I wasn't already taken then I think I would go for her . . . WAIT! . . . don't tell Hilde that!"

"I don't have time for this! Just protect her until I arrive."

"Sure, anything for the one you love". (sounds familiar) With that the vid phone went black and Duo was left staring at a blank screen. "Well I think this is going to be one interesting mission Heero". Duo said to himself.