Disclaimer: sniff, sniff. You guys are MEAN! Gundam Wing isn't mine, and it never will be! WAHHH! I don't own the song "No one knows who I am" from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It's the prettiest song!!!

No One Knows Who I Am By Fyerbelle

 

"Vice Foreign Minister Dorlain, our economy is suffering!"

"Vice Foreign Minister, colony X18999 wants a war with our colony!!"

"Vice Foreign Minister Dorlain, we need you back on Earth right away!"

Relena Peacecraft-Dorlain pinched the bridge of her nose to ward off the on-coming headache, trying to block out the shouts and annoying comments directed toward her weary form. She was seventeen years old, why did so many people rely on her? Why was she so trusted? Poor Relena now knew how the gundam pilots had felt during the war. They were just children, yet the fate of the galaxy was resting on their shoulders. Now it seemed that it rested on hers alone. Relena Peacecraft-Dorlain, the princess of the Cinq, the queen of the world, and now, Vice Foreign Minister replaced the sweet, innocent daughter of the deceased Mr. Dorlain. Somewhere amongst all the name changes and responsibilities that little girl got lost.

Look at me and tell me who I am
Why I am, what I am.
Call me a fool but it's true I am
I don't know who I am.

"Miss Dorlain, your shuttle to Colony X18999 was canceled, so you'll have to stay here for the night. But that's alright, because I'm sure the colony delegates still need your help." A young lady at the departure desk in the spaceport announced to the tired teenager before her. Relena sighed heavily. Yes, they still rambled on about how they didn't trust anyone but her--still needed to drown her in flatteries. Relena Dorlain, free-ranged consultant, negotiating sweet-talker from the Earth. No one knew what lay beneath the heavy costume of the Vice Foreign Minister Dorlain.

It's such a shame,
I'm such a shame
No one knows who I am.

Relena settled her small suitcase on the floor of her decent hotel room and flopped on the bed. Meetings always drained her mentally and physically...sometimes certain delegates of certain boundaries got a little violent with each other. Relena always had to restrain them.

The teenager picked herself up and grudgingly trudged to the bathroom. The florescent lights flickered and hummed noisily as she gazed at herself in the mirror. Relena didn't see a girl seventeen years old. She saw an aged, weak and decrepit looking kid, with hair tumbling from the messy honey colored bun on her head and into her drooping seaside eyes, dark bags underneath them.

This isn't me. Where is Relena? What am I doing in this body? Why can't I go home?? Where is home anyway??' Relena slid to the floor, memories clouding her vision.

Once there were sweet possibilities,

A six-year-old version of herself pranced around in a light pink tutu, her hair twisted into an elegant braided bun. Her foster parents watched with gently laughing eyes as they applauded her graceful dance.

I could see, just for me

Then an eight-year-old Relena wearing a white apron cradled a little kitten in her arms as she plodded to the bathroom to retrieve Band-Aids for its wounded leg.

Now all my dreams are just memories,

She watched an adult Relena cook and clean and care for a large batch of small children. She saw herself in an adult Heero's arms before he left for work, saw them and their children together as one happy average familyñno butlers, maids, or chauffeurs. Just an AVERAGE HAPPY family. Fated never to be.

Relena stepped off the shuttle and immediately noticed Pagan waiting for her. Ever faithful Pagan, who had been by her side ever since she could remember. Did he know who she was?

"Hello, Miss Dorlain. Did you have a good trip? The ESUN delegates are waiting at the main building. They seem to think that colony X18999 is planing on waging war on them. What do you think?"

Nope.
He doesn't have a clue...and neither do I.
Time's not a friend, hurrying by.
I wonder who am I.

"Miss Dorlain? Are you alright?"

"Oh yes Pagan, I'm fine. We'd better get over there now. The trip was fine, and I don't think that any of the colonies want to wage war."

"Let's go get your suitcase, Miss Dorlain."

Pagan turned away from Relena, who stifled a sob. He had stopped calling her Relena long ago...now she was a stranger with a formal name. Miss Dorlain.

 

 

"Vice Foreign Minister! Thank goodness you're here! You must talk some sense into those crazy lunatics on X18999 !"

"They want another war!"

"Mairemeia is still alive!"

"Off with her head!!"

"They have mobile suits over there!"

"Please!! One at a time! Sir, I assure you X18999 doesn't want a war. There are no more mobile suits and never will be, and I'm very aware that Mariemeia is, in fact, alive--and I see no reason to decapitate a seven year old child." Relena said as calmly as she could. Why were the ESUN delegates such pinheads? Was it the gossip that floated through the wrong ears? What makes them think I have all the answers? Since when am I the only one who can ensure a peaceful future? Am I the face of the future?

The meeting ended, the delegates wrongs were righted, and Relena now sat at her desk taking calls from people who still believed the rumor about X18999. She made sure to add Throttle whoever started the rumor about wars mercilessly' to her to do' list. And some of her callers had even had the nerve to address her as Queen Relena, whom she had hoped would be a piece of forgotten history.

Am I the face of the past?

Relena placed the phone back on her desk with a weary sigh. The clock on the wall read one o'clock. In the morning. Everyone else was gone by now.

Am I the one who must finish last?

A sneeze escaped Relena as she slipped into the comforting sheets of her bed. That's the tenth time today! I must be getting a cold...' She snuggled close to her pillow and closed her eyes. She only had about five hours of rest before the next long squabbling match between delegates, five hours before she went out as the person she didn't know.

 

 

Negotiator Relena leaned back in her chair and waited. It was ten o'clock in the morning and no one had bothered her yet. She had taken a nap at eight o'clock, visited the lounge twice, called her mother, and daydreamed about clouds. "I must have cleared up that whole X18999 is starting a war' deal yesterday..." she said happily to herself. Then the videophone buzzed, startling her out of her reverie. "Spoke too soon..." she muttered grudgingly. "Yes?" Relena looked at the screen.

"Vice Foreign Minister Dorlain?"

Look at me and tell me who I am,
Why I am, what I am Will I survive?
Who will give a damn,
If no one knows who I am?

"Millarido!?"

"Hello, Miss Dorlain. I just wanted to inform you of our progress of the terraforming project on Mars."

Nobody knows,

Millarido's words were lost to Relena's ears as he dived into a long report about terraforming. He hadn't even called her Relena...

Not even you,

Little Relena Dorlain, the spoiled daughter of the former Vice Foreign Minister Dorlain was lost forever, never to return. It looked like no one would ever realize that she was trapped in someone else's body.

No one knows who I am...

 

 

 

A/N Well? How was it? Really stupid? Didn't make sense? TELL ME! Please review, I would love feedback!!!! As Tygerlilee (My dumb sister) likes to say, feed my inbox!!!!!!!!! Also, I think I'm going to make this into a series instead of a one-shot song fic. Tygerlilee gave me a GOOD idea about how to go about it. Do you kind reviewers out there want me to do it?