Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wings nor the song 'Love won't cry yet'. They belong to Bandi and other rich companies.



Love Won't Cry


Her feet pounded the pavement with each stride, water splashed up on her legs. Ragged breath emitted from her pale face drenched with tears and the down pouring rain. She stumbled with exhaustion, halted her run, and clung to the nearest lamp-pole. A saturated body slid down the length of the pole until it was just a heap on the concrete. Arms wrapped around the solid pole, the blue eyed beauty let out a sob and then another until she was literally howling in agony. The rain poured down mercilessly on her shivering form, the crescent moon stared down with distaste, the stars twinkled in cruel laughter.

The woman tilted her head, wet tresses hugged the sides of her face as her skyblue eyes, clouded with tears, looked out into the black sky.

"You have to be strong Relena," she tried to calm herself. "How can one boy have so much of an effect on you?"

On shaky legs she got up and unconsciously walked into the park that brought back so many memories. Relena sat on the nearest bench.

"Why does this look so famillar-" she held back a sob when she recalled why. This bench where she and Heero were having their first *real* conversation, where she met him after the war, where he said goodbye before he left on the mission they both knew he would never come back.

Relena tossed her head back and closes her eyes. Tears, again, stremed down her face but is lost in the rain.

"Your eyes don't look back at me," she said to no one. "Even if I pursue you, my heart trembles in sorrow."

"Ah... but I want to believe," she buried her face in her hands and bends over practically in her lap. "Ah... in this straightforward feeling."

Relena straightens herself and emits a pained sigh. "Love won't cry yet. Even when all I can do is look, because this feeling in my heart is no lie. I can think of you without crying from the pain."

She stands up from the bench and takes off her shoes. There was no use in wearing them, they were soaked. She placed them under the bench and preceded to the Peacecraft mansion.

"All I want is to become stronger than I was yesterday." She stopped at the lamp-post where she held earlier and felt it's cold metallic skin with the tips of her fingers.

"I want to fight for my dream," she places the same hand that touched the pole to her heart. "The way you do. I won't give into tears, either."

Relena begins her journey back home and stumbles. "Ah... I want to be proud of these straightforward days. Love won't cry yet."

The mansion becomes visible and grows clearer with each step she takes. "These memories I hug close are only tranforming into the courage to live."

Relena stares at the front door, soaked. She nods to herself in a determined fasion. "I won't cry, however lonely I feel because you are in my heart."

She twists the doorknob and a squeak is released. Relena steps inside and before she closed the door she whispered into the night air, "thank you Heero."

Somewhere, someone smiled.



Author's note: Thanks for reading. Comments are appreciated.