"An Oldie But a Goodie" by: the archduke

disclaimer: I don't own GW, but I do own Samantha. I also don't own this premise. It belongs to the owners of "It's a Wonderful Life".

 

Chapter 10: The End

 

Heero was on the bridge overlooking the now very familiar river. He was alone, no Samantha, no other person there with him. He looked down and saw that he was once again wearing his own clothes. He quickly ran down the road, heading as fast as he could to Preventer's Headquarters.

 

 

 

Once he got to Preventer's Headquarters Heero went straight to the group of offices that held his friends and fellow pilots. He rushed into Wufei's office without knocking and when he heard the "Injustice!" he knew that Wufei was back to normal.

Next was Trowa's office, where the former circus performer was doing some paperwork. When Heero burst through, the occupant looked up surprised, but pleased. His pleased expression quickly disappeared.

"You're an idiot who thinks he has an answer for everything, always butting your nose into other people's business. And you pilot a Gundam like an OZ soldier."

Trowa stood up out of his chair, made his way around his desk and walked towards Heero. He then proceeded to punch the offender right in his face.

Heero merely smiled and said, "Glad to see you're following your emotions." And with that Heero left, leaving a confused Trowa behind.

Quatre was surprised when Heero unexpectantly entered his office. "Heero, are you all right? I haven't seen you for so long. Do you need any help? Come and sit down. Can I get you some tea?"

Heero gave a Quatre a slap on the back and said, "I'm fine Quatre. Just came for a little visit."

"Well you're welcome back anytime Heero. Sure I can't get you anything?"

"No thanks. I'll see you later though."

Heero then went in seach of Duo, heading for the cafeteria instead of his friend's office.

Sure enough, Duo was in the cafeteria, settling himself down for some lunch. Just as he was about to take a bite out of his sandwich he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he turned around he did not expect to see who he saw.

"Heero!? What are you doing here?"

"How have you been Duo?"

"Uh, fine, just fine. And you?" Duo didn't know what to make of the situation.

"I'm doing better. Have you seen Relena lately?"

Dou grinned and crossed his arms over his chest. "I get it now. Finally come to your senses I see."

Heero chuckled and nodded. "Yes I have. Have you seen her?"

"Yup, she's currently at a conference one floor up. I guess today's your lucky day."

"You can say that again Duo."

 

 

 

"Gentlemen, I do believe we can reach an agreement regarding trade between colonies L2 and L4. I am very pleased that the governments of the colonies came to ESUN for help on this matter." Relena paused to give a smile to the different delegates around the table. "It is my-" She was cut off by commotion coming from outside.

"Please excuse me." As the host of the conference it was her job to make sure it ran smoothly, and that included keeping the atmosphere quiet and free of disruptions.

As soon as she had opened the door she saw the person who had been making all of the noise. It was Heero Yuy, and it seemed as if he were trying to pass by the guards in order to enter the conference room.

 

 

 

When the conference room door opened Heero turned away from the guards and looked at her. She was dressed in her Vice-Foreign Minister outfit, with her hair held loosely behind her neck.

"Heero!?"

When the guards saw that the Minister knew this person they let him pass, relief showing itself on their faces.

Heero walked up to Relena and engulfed her in a hug, feeling her body tense up in surprise. This just made him hold her tighter, until she relaxed and hugged him back.

"It's good to see you again Relena."

"It's good to see you too Heero. But what are you doing here?"

He pulled back from her and looked at her confused face. "I missed you."

She brought her hand up and pushed his bangs out of his face, oblivious to the crowd that they were attracting.

"It's about time."

They met in a kiss, one filled with hope and promises.