"An Oldie But a Goodie" by: the archduke

disclaimer: I don't own GW, but I do own Samantha. I also don't own this premise. It belongs to the owners of "It's a Wonderful Life".

 

Chapter 2

 

Heero slowly opened his eyes. He was on the ground on the banks of the river underneath the bridge, with a very sore head. He looked around for any signs of that strange girl. Upon finding that he was very much alone, he closed his eyes and sighed. He figured he must have jumped from the bridge and washed ashore, hitting his head in the process, which caused him to have that weird dream.

"Damn," he muttered to himself, "mission failed."

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Heero. I mean I am a very formidable opponent. Really, you didn't stand a chance."

Heero's eyes snapped opened at the voice. Standing in front of him, with an amused expression on her face, was the girl from his "dream". He supposed it wasn't a dream after all.

Heero stood up and asked, "Where did you come from? You weren't here a second ago. And what did you do to me? My head is aching." He still didn't know who this girl was or what she wanted with him. He was trained to never trust anyone. That was suddenly turning out to be very sound advice.

Samantha looked up at Heero and then tooked his arm, leading him away from the river and towards the road.

"You should really be more trusting Heero. Even if I wanted too, which I don't mind you, it's not like I could harm you in any way." The girl then got a gleam in her eyes. "You aren't afraid of me Heero, are you? Because I can tell you that I'm perfectly harmless. No need to be scared." She then gave his arm a comforting pat.

Heero looked down at the girl and quickly withdrew his arm from her grasp. He could tell that she was making fun of him, and no one made fun of Heero Yuy without consequences. Duo could vouch for that.

"Look little girl," Heero started, but was quickly interupted with a, "It's Samantha, Heero, my name is Samantha." Upon seeing the glare he was throwing her way she quickly shut up.

He stopped in his tracks and looked down at his companion. "Listen girl, I don't know why you're following me, but stop. Go back home to your parents or wherever you came from and leave me alone."

Samantha suddenly broke out in a huge grin, making Heero wonder if this girl was sane or not. He was leaning towards 'or not'.

"We're here Heero."