"An Oldie But a Goodie" by: the archduke

disclaimer: I don't own GW, but I do own Samantha. I also don't own this premise. It belongs to the owners of "It's a Wonderful Life".

 

Chapter 5

 

Heero woke up with a start. He looked wildly around at his surroundings while putting a hand up to his chest expecting to find his own blood staining his shirt. When he found himself on the banks of the river where he tried to kill himself and no bullet wound in his body he breathed a sigh of relief.

"All a dream," he whispered out loud, "just all a dream." He stood up, thinking that when he had jumped from the bridge he must have been knocked unconscious and then washed up on the shore, his injury providing the stimuls for that weird dream where Wufei shot him in the back. As Heero was starting to make his way back to the road, he heard someone, a very familiar someone, call out his name.

"So how was it Heero? How did you like the way Wufei turned out?" There stood Samantha, with her hands behind her back and waiting for Heero to respond.

"YOU!" Heero yelled while pointing at the girl. "What did you do to me?"

As Heero furiously made his way over to Samantha, she slowly backed away, knowing that he was pissed off big time. She looked around for something to defend herself with, when a thick branch caught her eye. She ran towards it, with Heero still advancing towards her, grabbed the makeshift club, and swung it behind her, trying to scare the young man away. As the branch made contact with something, she realized that Heero was closer than she had thought.

Samantha stared at the unmoving form on the ground and winced. "Well, that's one way to proceed onto Trowa."