Past, Present and Future

Prologue and Chapter 1-> Dreams

By Calypso

AN: Hey everybody, this is my first... okay maybe second time that I wrote a fan fic. My first one was written with Shinigami, and the fanfic It Started Like This. Anyways, since this is my second time writing a fan fic, I hope you enjoy this story. Please R and R, read and review, thanx.

P.S. This is a LONG prologue...longer than it should be...hehe... I think it should be a chapter, but oh well...... Think of it as a prologue and chapter one.

Bold = flashback, or dreaming

Italic = thinking

Bold, Italic, and Underline = conscious

Disclaimer: Me don't own GW...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Relena's P.O.V.

 

Darkness... darkness surrounded everything but a light leading to the past...

 

...a lost memory...

 

...a distant relation...

 

...it was freezing cold, yet I continued walking. My long sun-streaked blonde hair whipped around me, surrounding me like a cocoon. My sea-blue eyes traveled towards the light at the other side of the mountain of darkness... Wrapping my arms around myself, I walked on. As I passed through the shadowy darkness, I shivered with both fear and excitement.

It seemed like forever, but I finally reached the light. Slowly, inch by inch, I walked closer, fear eloped me, as I suddenly realized I didn't know what was one the other side. What if there's like a murdered on the other side? What if it's a bottomless pit? Ooooohh... Stop thinking like a five year old Relena...Get a hold of yourself... Yea... but what IF there really IS someone waiting for us on the other side? Then I'll just have to deal with it...But wha- NO! I will NOT think like that...A million thoughts forged through me, as I made myself think rationally and calm down, but my stubbornness and curiosity, got the better of me and pushed me froward.

Stepping through the light, I tensed up, waiting for something to come to me. A flash of pain, cold air, anything, but nothing came, and upon realizing that nothing came, I opened my cerulean eyes, only to see scintillating brightness, and fields of flowers, and trees of evergreens and birches. There were paths that led towards distance streets, but all traces of traffic were gone. Only natures call and children's laughter flowed through the spring time air. When I saw this, my eyes blurred at the beautiful sight, and embarrassment flowed through me, when I thought about what I thought was going to happen to me a while ago. Stupid me...

I continued watching everything, as I sat down on the all too familiar bench. I remember how this was a private mini park, that was built behind our backyard. It was built because my brother, Milli, and I always dug holes into the ground, looking for treasure. At the thought of that, I smiled in remembrance. I closed my eyes and sat in thought for a while, then opened them slowly, as I heard the familiar laughter erupt through this park again.

I never realized it until I saw it, but I saw young girl, no older than 5 or 6, run through the fields, with a young boy chasing her. They continued on, running straight past me without even noticing it. When I looked closer at her, the little boy, and the surroundings, I realize that it was me when I was smaller, and Milliardo was chasing me or her.   I smiled again when I saw Milliardo push the little me on the swing.

After another few minutes, which seemed like hours to me, the two children started running again. I watched as the little me fell, and scratched her knee. Milliardo, being the brother he is, started to help her up... "Don't cry 'Lena, it'll be alright..." I slowly waked towards them, but as I reached them, they just walked past me... It's like they can't see me...why? Duh! You're still dreaming Relena! Yea, I know, but- But it's still a dream... don't push it... You're right. Aren't I always? Came the smug voice of my conscience. Sitting down on the place where Milliardo and lil' me just sat, I closed my eyes and just stayed there thinking... who knows for how long, I just sat there thinking.

Standing up, I brushed my nightgown with my eyes still closed... nightgown... am I still dreaming... I must be... but... why can't I remember this scene...I remember Milliardo pushing me, but then I never remembered scraping my knee...hmmmm.... Opening my eyes, I came upon another scene... I stood in a long corridor, leading towards my families' rooms. Our house was decent, small Victorian, yet it still had enough space, and the air of arrogance and special importance around it. I walked towards the door I knew was my brother's room.

I slowly opened the door, and saw Milliardo cleaning my knee and putting my favorite bunny Band-Aid on the small cut. I smiled inwardly and thought he always knew what I liked and didn't like. I walked out of the door, and went to my room, knowing what I would find in there. Upon opening my door, I wasn't disappointed. I saw horse pictures and posters posted on the walls, and stuffed animals every where. Not to mention a lot of pink, and baby colors, I was a little girl after all. Leaving my room, I headed towards the den. I saw my father and mother do their own reports... well actually my dad doing the reports, and my mom reading a book, looking closer I read the title: How to Dismantle Bombs. Huh? Mom never read those books. All was well so far... except for the book thing... Closing the door, I headed towards the kitchen, where I knew Pagan would be cooking dinner. Smelling the waft of spaghetti on the stove, I walked quicker, and pushed the kitchen door open.

Mmmmmm...I always did love Pagans' cooking...to bad he disappeared all of a sudden...Stupid people... they killed my parents, and destroyed the only place I've known as home at least there's still Milli and Pagan... I know he's out there some where... the newspaper stated that the whole family was supposed to be dead...I laughed grimly to myself as I watched Pagan cut and minced the herbs expertly.

I slowly made my way towards the porch. As I sat down on one of the swinging chairs, I heard something whiz be me, and shatter the glass window, making me yell in surprise. I heard terrified screams from my mom, dad, Milli, lil' me and Pagan. I quickly ran back inside, only to see people dressed in black shooting everything, not even noticing me. Hearing running feet, I saw my parents, Milli, Pagan and little me run outside. My father was limping, while my mother and Pagan supported him. Milli and I ran a few steps ahead, then stopped, and we saw our father get shot again. I screamed... and was going to run forward, when I realized I would either make the situation worse, and I wouldn't be much help anyways since they won't notice me.

I stared back at the scene unfolding before me, my father lay there saying his good-byes, as my mother just held onto him and wept, knowing he was leaving. Pagan had tears falling from his eyes, and Milli and lil' me were standing there shocked and surprised at the outcome... I saw little me start crying with tears, just as I was now, but Milliardo just listened to our mother, trying not to let the tears get the better of him. Pagan, also listening to mother, promised to keep us safe, as he picked both of us up, and sprinted into the distance, rather reluctantly in my opinion, while mother distracted the murderers, killing her life as well. I knew that she killed herself not only to save us, but because she wouldn't be able to live a single day without father. Not without thinking about suicide.

I fell to my knees, as I watched the murderers carry my parents bodies inside, and throw a grenade into the house. Still standing only ten feet away from the house, I felt the full blast of the explosion. Now sprawled on the ground, I just stared in horror at the once beautiful Victorian house... now burning a blaze, and slowly turn into ashes.

Pounding the soil beneath me, I shed the tears I thought I forgot about and left more imprints into the earth. "RE ­ LE ­ NA!!!!" I lifted my head slightly as I heard my name. "RELENA!!" There it was again; didn't they know I wanted to be alone? "WAKE UP!!!" The voices kept on pestering me... no... not right now...let continue dreaming...I want to see what happens... "RREEEELL~~LLEENNAA!! WAKE UP!!!" "Go away..." I heard myself say. Then as if I felt it, I turned around, only to be face to face with a gun barrel stuck into my face. Screaming, I saw the man in black press the trigger...

 

BO~OM!!!!

 

SPLASH!!!

 

Awaking in horror, Relena gasped for air as she sat up in bed, only to realize that not only was she soaking wet, but she was staring straight into seven very upset and concerned people.

"Hey girlfriend, what's up with ya?" a concerned Hilde asked, "You were screaming, crying and thrashing around like a wild banshee!"

"Yea, we could here you down the hallway, you ok?" questioned Cathy, turning into mother hen, with Noin agreeing with her. (AN: I'm going to use Cathy, Catherine is too long to type... hehe...besides my fingers are going to break soon).

"Yea, Yea... I'm fine... just having a re-occurring past experience." I said, holding my hands up.

Sally and Anne (AN: Lady Une), started to pester around me, checking my forehead, and acting all so doctorly-like. "Your forehead isn't TOO bad, are you having a fever, you know you can talk to us right?" Sally said, concern evident in her voice.

"Yea, lucky for us, you're okay." Anne threw in as she fluffed my pillow so I could lean on it.

"Thanks Anne," I whispered to her, as she nodded to me, speaking louder I said, "Nah... it's okay, seriously. You guys worry WAY too much for me." I finished by shaking my head.

"Yea well, you're the youngest out of ALL of us, might I remind you, so we need to worry." Dorothy whispered softly, "I mean, we're like all practically sisters, and we need to stick together."

Smiling I replied, "Awww... that's so sweet, but honestly, I'm only the youngest by a month, you don't have to treat me an differently."

"Yea, but you ARE still the youngest." Said a laughing Midii, "Besides, if anything happened to you, Milliardo will MURDER us." Midii finished of by laughing, making everybody laugh... okay maybe everybody but me, I just sat the sulking.

"I agree," Noin wittingly agreed, "Milli might be my hubby, but he's still that over protective brother of yours... hehe... NONE of us can change that"

"Ay!" everybody in the room said simultaneously, only to break out into fits of laughter after seconds of silence.

"I know what you guys mean," Anne said, "Trieze can be so unbearable."

"Admit it, all guys are." Noin retorted, while everybody just nodded their head.

"So... since we're all in my room, and its like seven in the morning, do you guys want to girl chat?" I questioned, and all traces of my dream and why they were here dispersed. Almost at once, everybody jumped onto my queen size bed, and started talking at once, only to be stopped by me, when I said in an all so curious voice "Sooo... Midii..." All at once, everybody stared at me and raised an eyebrow, knowing that this meant trouble. "How was the date with the one and only Trowa Barton?"

Seven heads turned with full attention to Midii, who was currently fidgeting and found Relena's bed sheet all so interesting. "Umm... good?"

All eyebrows raised higher, asking MORE INFORMATION...

Gulping, Midii did what any girl would have done, and started from the beginning.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Sooo~ooo... how was it? Good? Bad? I'm prepared for any flames, or comments.  It was...a BIT longer than I expected, but all's ok.

If you're confused then let me sum everything up. Relena had a dream, and in it she saw how her family died or got separated. She's not a princess or anything, but her parents had something important. In this dream, she sees how everything happened, but doesn't remember most of it.

The girls, Hilde, Noin, Sally, Anne (Lady Une), Dorothy, Cathy, Midii, and Relena only know Milliardo and Trieze so far, and Noin is Milliardo's wife. Midii went out with Trowa. I'll put up more info on how the girls and Milli all meet in a chapter ... I would have used Cathy, but I find the she and Trowa are sister and brother, sorry peps.

Everybody in this story is 18, except Milliardo, Noin, Trieze and Anne. They're 20. Don't ask me why, they just are.

The book has an importance of it's own later... hehe... part of the ever growing plot.