Past, Present and Future

Chapter 3-> Meeting Each Other

By Calypso

 

AN: Okay... this is my third chapter, and I'm going to start introducing the characters to each other, you know Duo and Hilde, Quatre and Dorothy, Richard and Cathy, maybe Relena and Heero, (depends if I'm in the mood) * cough * and I'm going to talk more about the two married couples... meaning Milliardo and Noin and Trieze and Anne... hehe... maybe... Oh yea, this is PG or PG 13, and I'm planning on keeping it that way. There are SOME mild words...like shit or damn, nothing else. Oh.. and another thing... there might be one or two spelling mistakes, even WITH spell-check. This is going to be mostly about Duo and Hilde and probably Quatre and Dorothy.

P.S. * cough cough * This is going to be a LONG, LONG chapter..

Bold = flashbacks/ dreams

Italic = thoughts

Italic and Underline = consious speaking

Disclaimer: ............GundamWing........Is........Not........Mine..............

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hilde's P.O.V.

 

Tired... So tired... need sleep... shouldn't have waken up at seven... damn... not fair... Aww... suck it up. You're acting like an over grown baby. I AM an over grown baby. You're 18 for god's sake! So? So? Start acting like it! Man... I really need more sleep; I'm talking to myself. Don't you always? You shut up! I walked slowly, slouchingly towards the kitchen, I need milk, or tea, or some really, REALLY strong caffeine. You said it... to this I made no reply.  What time is it now?  Looking at the hallway clock, I saw it was 10 o'clock. Man, I shouldn't have stayed up those three hours. Not on a Sunday morning. As I reached the second floor, I started the second flight of stairs, Shouldn't have agreed to have the third floor room either, to high up... Your problem I know, now stop harassing me. Finally reaching the main floor, I forced myself not to collapse. Walking slowly towards the kitchen, I turned the corner, and made a beeline towards the fridge. Opening the door, I see that we have no milk... okay, no milk today, how about tea? Walking towards the teapot, I fill it with water. Reaching for the tea bags container, I lifted the lid and put my hand inside, looking inside my only thought- Damn.  Man... This just ain't my day at all. You forgot coffee... Who cares about coffee, I HATE coffee. Shouldn't have even thought about it having coffee. Besides, we have no milk what so ever, I cannot drink black coffee... besides the girls finished all traces of coffee... Ohhh...you could have said something... Guess it's time to go shopping.

Heading for the front door, I heard Dorothy's voice travel down to my ears, "Where ya going Hilde?"

"We need food, not to mention milk, tea-bags and other crap."  I replied, looking over my shoulder, to see that Dorothy leaning against the wall smirking, amusement clearly in her blue eyes. "What in the world are YOU smirking about?" I snapped, not at all happy this morning.

"Nothing, just that you DO know that you're still in your, * cough cough * nightgown right?" Dorothy made way for me, as I dashed up both the second and third floor and into my room. As I ran up, I heard her laugh amusedly, as she walked into the living room, her LONG blonde hair swishing side to side behind her.

Upon entering my room, out of breath I might add, I grabbed the first thing that I saw, and headed into my bathroom, turning on both the taps full blast. I slowly undressed and slide into the tub. Grabbing my mini soap bar, I slathered myself with soap, before I continued to wash my hair with both shampoo and conditioner. I proceeded to rinse myself thoroughly. After another ten minutes of just laying there, I got out and wrapped a towel around my toned body. Putting the blow dryer on, I dried my hair up, and styled it into my usual style; hanging to one side. I added some gel to the hair at the back of my head, which annoyingly enough, would not be tamed.

Grabbing the clothes that I conveniently picked up, and looked it over: a black leather mini skirt with a red Tommy Hillfigure baby t-shirt. Looking rather disgustedly at it, (ONLY because I was going GROCERY shopping, not to the mall), I walked out of the washroom, (still in my towel, which was either conveniently or inconveniently to small), walking towards my dresser, to pick something more appropriate for grocery shopping.  Rummaging through my draws I grab a blue jean three-quarter pants, which flared out at the bottom, and picked out a baby blue spaghetti tank top, which had the words; I MAKE BOYS CRY, and a cute kitten under it. Walking back into the washroom, I dressed up, (underwear and all), and applied a light layer of make-up on myself. Satisfied, I ran back downstairs grabbing my wallet, and gray fleece jacket on the way out and yelled a quick good-bye to everyone then I proceeded out towards the local grocery store. Hmm... maybe I'll stop by at McDonalds too...

 

 

Duo's P.O.V.  (there's a bit a Hilde's thought in here)

 

Walking along the streets with my pals, I stop at a local McDonalds. Running inside, I queued up in the line, as Richard slide in behind me. Slowly, minute-by-minute passed, until fifteen minutes later, I was at the front counter.

"Hey Duo, Sup?" greeted a cheerful girl, her name was Janet, and as a regular costumer, she tended to remember such things.

"Hey babe, nuttin' much. How's a fine thing like you?" I replied, flashing my one in a million smile at her.

Blushing, she answered, "Going great, now, lets see, you want: 2 Big Macs, 2 Chicken Fillets, 3 Mc-Chickens, 2 dozen chicken nuggets, 3 large McFluries, 4 fries, and two Nestea's."

"Yep, the usual, only make the nuggets to 3 dozen, ok?" I nodded, grinning even wider at the beautiful girl in front of me, trying to allure her to me.

"Hehe, yea, yea, anything ELSE?" Janet questioned, tilting her head to side, making her long hair lean over to the side.

"Nope," I answered, while I waited at the side. After another ten minutes, my food arrived, piled high. Joining the others, I sat down and pigged in, chowing down all the food as if it was going to be the end of the world. As people walk pass the table, they stared in awe, disgust and wonder, at how a young man so wonderfully fit, could consume so much, and still eat on.

"Duo, slow down will ya? People are staring at us, besides you're going to choke the rate you're eating." Said a both amused yet concerned Quatre.

"Nah, never happened yet, and never gonna happen." I replied, still stuffing my face with the nuggets. Just then, a beautiful raven-haired girl walked past the window, (AN: hehe... you can guess what's going to happen...hehe... sorry couldn't resist). And promptly passed us boys, while my mouth hung open, and just stared at the girl, as she lined up in the still rather long line up. Still staring at her, I turned to look at my friends, who were snickering like crazy, not even making an effort to stop. Giving one of Heero's death glares at them, they laughed even more... okay maybe Quatre and Richard were just laughing, but Trowa and Wufei were still chuckling. Heero... well let's just say if he can't smile, he can't laugh... not yet anyways. But damn, I just hate that smirk of his... why couldn't he just stay emotional? It looks so... devious. "Stop your laughing... it's not funny."

"Yea it was, you should have seen the way you were looking at her, oogling her every move-." Rich retorted, laughing making the guys.. Most of them... laughed away.

"You would too... I mean come on... she IS FI~NE..." I replied, ignoring them all. Looking down at my tray, I noticed that it was empty, damn, I'm still hungry, as my stomach gave an unmistakable noise of agreement. "I'm gonna get more foo-... the God of Death has got an idea... hehe"

"Uh oh... whatever it is, leave us out of it." Wufei said.

"Second,"

"Third,"

"Fourth"

"Hn"

"Hey... all I'm gonna do is get a date with that beautiful girl." I protested, standing up and putting my arms in a sign of surrender. "You guys will probably just screw me up."

"Humph. Here. Make you a deal... if you get a date with this girl... today, scratch that, now, I'll do your chores for a week." Richard bet.

"Two" was my reply.

"One,"

"Two,"

"One,"

"One,"

"Two,"

"And it's a deal!" shaking Richard's hand quickly, as he just stared at me.

"That's my trick... he used it against me... not fair..." the others snickered as Rich just sat there shocked. Then as if shook out of his trance, he said in a rather loud voice, "DAMN!"

Walking up to the beautiful raven-haired girl, I decided to do the indirect approach. Hmm... looks as if we got someone who's innocent... Looks can be deceiving... Standing behind her, I turned suddenly, and 'accidentally' whipped my braid against her shoulder. I watched as she turned around, and looked me in the eye, "Hey, sorry 'bout that."

"No problem," she answered.

"Name's Duo, Duo Maxwell. Might I add it's a pleasure to meet one so charming as yourself."

"Hilde. Hilde Schbeicker, pleasure's all mine."

"So... your names Hilde right? A beautiful name, for a beautiful lady." I replied, flashing her my billion-dollar smile.

Blushing cutely, Hilde then turned her expression into one that said: 'okay what do you want?' Raising an eyebrow, making her cuter in my opinion, she asked, "Okay what do you want?"

Showing a mock surprise, I asked, "Moi? Nothing..."

"Yea right," Hilde replied, "Don't give me crap, what does a charming guy like yourself want from lil' innocent me?"

Looking back towards my friends, and to a staring Richard, I thought okay, I got her on my hook, now all I have to reel her in. Cutting to the chase, I asked her quickly, "Okay fine, do you wanna hang out with me today?"

"Hmm..... why? Don't you want to hang out with your friends back there?" Hilde tartly said, as she took another step towards the line up.

"Nah, I'd rather prefer hanging out with a beautiful girl like yourself." I quickly answered, then decided to start charming her, "Come on, you're gonna have fun... and besides I could stare at your eyes forever."

Blushing again, Hilde's only answer was, "First introduce me to you're friends, and I see that you're worth it, it's a deal."

"ALRIGHT! Okay let's go."

"Nope."

"Bu- But you just said-"

"I need my tea first."

"Oh..."

"Uh huh."

As I waited somewhat patiently for the one who so quickly stole my heart, I stole a glance at my friends. Quatre, as usual, just smiled kindly, as his gaze went from me to Rich. Wufei was muttering something, probably about justice and whatnots. Trowa had the slightly small smile on his face. Heero just sat there, hands behind his head, eyes closed. Man.. he's been my best buddy forever, but honestly, I'll never know what's in his head. I was suddenly saddened, but as soon as my gaze went to Richard, I was jumping for joy. Looking back at Hilde, I found her staring past me, looking straight at Trowa, and him at her. Jealously over-took me, and I asked her what she was ordering.

"Huh?"

"I said, what are you going to order?"

"Oh... just some tea... hang on, the lines almost up..." that was the end of our joyful conversation until she got her tea, which happened to be ten minutes later.

~*Ten Minutes Later*~

"Hey, come on, I'll introduce ya to my buddies." Gently taking a hold of her arm, I steered her to our table. "Hey guys, this is Hilde,"

A polite wave of greetings come, and one by one I introduced them all:

"This blonde Arabian is Q-man, also known as Quatre Winner." I watched as she raised an eyebrow to the last name Winner. Hilde thought back to the picture in Dorothy's room... the one in the picture frame, Why does he look so familiar?

 

(AN: This is from Hilde's P.O.V)

"Dorothy?... Doro-san? You okay?" a scared Hilde, around seven at the time.

"Hmm... yea, I just fell of my chair... ugh..." Dorothy replied.

"Do you want me to call Sally?" I asked.

"No... no it's okay..." with that she slowly walked to her room.

As I sit on the couch, I heard sobbing noises coming from Dorothy's room. This was an hour later, when I was playing Barbie's... (AN: Yea... Barbie's... I know...)Walking into her room, I see her holding a worn picture to her chest. "Dorothy? You okay?"

"Uh huh... just...j-just a bit  sad..."

"Why?"

"Because today was my friends birthday, and I can't say happy birthday to him..."

"Him?"

"Yea... he was my best friend..."

"Is he dead?"

"No... I just can't see him..."

"Oh... Is that a picture you're holding of him"

"Yes..."

"Can I see it.." slowly she handed me the worn picture... when I looked at it, I say two jubilant children hugging each other. One I recognized as Dorothy, a mini one with her hair still long, and unique eyebrows. The other person in the picture must be her friend. The boy had beautiful platinum blonde hair, with right blue eyes. "Is this your friend?"

"Yes"

"What's his name?"

"Quatre Winner..."

"That's a nice name... I got an idea..." after barely finishing the sentence, I ran to my room, and looked for my extra picture frame... the one I had since I was young... finding it in my box of treasures... I stole a quick glance at it... and was about to change my mind, when a crying Dorothy came into my head, and a quick peek at the picture told me I was doing the right thing.

Placing the worn photo into the frame I ran back into Dorothy's room, and jumped onto her bed smiling. "Here..." was all I said before shoving the frame into her hands.

Looking up from her knees, she barely managed to move her head away and position her hands so that she could hold the frame. "Hilde... I can't... you know I can't... this is your only thing from the past that you have..."

"No... keep it... that way you can keep and protect the picture and the frame forever. Besides... knowing me... I'll end up breaking sooner or later... hehe"

"Okay... you're the best Hilde..."

"I know..."

 

Quatre Winner... that's why... hehe... Hilde's got a plan. Snapping out of my trace... only nod at Wufei... he looks like one of those formal people anyways.

 

 

(AN: sorry... back to the story... with the guys. Duo's P.O.V. again)

 

"Here is Wu-W- * cough cough * sorry, I meant Wufei." Nodding her head towards him, she looked at me, when I coughed, "You okay?" "Yea, yea."

"This is Richy, or Richard, Q-man's cuz. And here is the anti-social, Heero Yuy." There was a greeting from Richard, who still looked slightly crossed, and a slight nod from Heero.

"Last but not least, here's" She cut me off.

"Trowa Barton." She said while smirking looking him up and down. "You have to admit, Midii does know how to choose her guy." Relief flooded me as I heard Hilde say Midii's name. Why am I so jealous and protective of Hilde? I haven't even gotten to know her yet...damn, she's screwing with my heart already...

To this Trowa raised an eyebrow and asked, "You know Midii?"

"Oh yea, girlfriends since as far back from grade school." Hilde turned to me, as she looked over Quatre again, making him gulp, "I'll take your offer if..."

"If?"

"If you friend Q-man comes along on a double date..." Hilde finished of while smirking and turning to look into Quatre's eyes. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"Okay, Q-man, you're going." Duo yelled victoriously.

"Tell me first... then I might agree on the double date."

"Nope... sorry... no can do, my lips are sealed." Hilde smirked, then took a long gulp of tea.

"Come Q-man, you aren't gonna let me down are you? Besides you're nice, and kind, you won't want any of your 29 sisters get you a date-..."

"Duo, if I won't let my sisters find me a date, don't expect me to find you getting me a date." Quatre smartly snapped at me... Ouch.

"Aw... come on Q-man.." Hilde complained sweetly, all heads turned to her, "You don't want to let your friend down do you? Besides I got a friend you CAN NOT resist."

Raised eyebrow... "Really?"

"Really."

"In that case... okay... but if I don't like how it turns out, you're doing my chores for a week Duo."

I gulped suddenly, and turned to hug Hilde, who ducked and moved aside. Handing me a piece of paper she said, "Here's my phone number, and the location of our house."

"Our?"

"The girls and my house. Gotta go now, see ya at six." Giving a blow kiss, I watched as Hilde walk out the door and into the grocery store next door.

"Man... whatta girl..." I gave a huge sigh, as I heard Q-man behind me groan and say, "What have I gotten myself into?"

 

 

AN: The third is FINNALY done, hehe, please review.