Disclaimer: Gundam Wing is not mine.  I don't own the characters.  The story alone is mine but not the characters.  I would also like to thank those that inspired me to write this fanfic and they have kept me going.  Some parts may sound like some other story parts but if it will make it better and no arguments, I thank those and I will state as well that they were the original writers.

Title:  Unexpected

Chapter two:

 

"Where are you from?  Who do you work for?"

"L1..."  Heero murmured thoughtfully.

Danny inwardly grimaced. 'Oh man.'

"Who is Death Strike?"

He sighed with relief.  He hadn't remembered.  "Death Strike is an organization.  They're mad about what you and Miss Relena did or succeeded.

****

Relena awoke a couple of minutes later.  She knew Sally had ordered her to bed rest but she wanted to see what was going on.

Carefully she stood up.  She shrugged into a robe and left the room.

Upon hearing voices, she headed in that direction, avoiding the recovery room. She figured the older woman and the other two gundams would be there.  She didn't feel like being forced into bed so she decided to see how Heero and Duo were doing.

She entered the room just in time to hear the stranger say: "They're mad about what you and Miss Relena did or succeeded."

Frowning she answered before the others could.  "All we did or succeeded was to bring peace."

All turned to look at the young blond.  Heero felt a slight blush flowing into his cheeks.  Relena looked a little better than when they first brought her in.  She was wrapped in a baby blue robe, which showed off her curves perfectly, with a dangerous V-neck.  The robe also parted up to her mid-thigh exposing her long slender legs.

"Relena..." Danny stared. 'Wow' he thought.

Heero glared at Danny's look on his woman.  She blushed under his gaze unaware of Heero's anger.  Though Duo was fully aware of the situation, he waited to see what happened next.

****

"Vampire Woman!"

"Oh shut up!"

Trowa mainly rubbed his arm and waited for Sally to finish.  He snickered as Wufei actually listened.

Sally removed the needle and told Wufei to stay lying down for a while.  She motioned for Trowa to lie down on the other side of Quatre.  He did and began to do his part in helping his friend.

****

-Click-

"Heero! Stop it!"

Heero froze.  Relena eyed him.  He needed to do something about this emotion thing.  She sighed, 'Heero.'

****

"Okay you can go down now."

"Finally."

Sally rolled her eyes as Wufei left the room.  Trowa remained, looking at Quatre.  He wasn't as pale and he did look better.  Still he remained.

"He'll be ok Trowa, really."  Sally reassured him.  He nodded and left the room.  She sighed and finished putting away her equipment.

 

****

Duo broke the silence. "Why did you kill him?"

Heero looked annoyed, "Because he was going to shoot Relena and Quatre."

"Not you," Duo's gaze fell upon Danny. "Him."

"Nani?" asked Heero with a blank expression on his face.  Relena was just as confused.  Danny features were of indifference, though there was something in his eyes that Duo didn't understand.

"There were two bullet wounds on the guy.  One in the front and the other in the back."  He informed them.

Relena sat down in an armchair near Duo.  "What do you mean?"

"We know Heero shot you killer in the front, but he had a wound in the back also, dead center on the heart."

"That would mean..." her voice trailed off as it dawned on her.

"Yeah, that shot forced him to shoot higher than he intended."

Heero couldn't help it; he gave a small smile.  When he realized that everyone was watching him, it disappeared.  Trowa and Wufei entered.

"Did Heero just smile or was that just me?" asked Trowa.

Wufei stared at everyone; his eyes fell on Relena.  "Woman! You're supposed to be in bed!" he yelled. "We didn't rescue you to prance about in a disgraceful robe! Injustice!"

She gave Wufei an innocent look.  "Wufei, I didn't know you cared. How sweet!" she cried, clasping her hands.

"Nani?!" He cried taken aback. His appearance was crossed between horror and anger.  The whole room erupted with laughter...well except Heero and Trowa who were trying to hide it.  Sally giggled as she entered.

"We could hear you all the way upstairs, Wufei." Referring to the young blond pilot and herself.

"Shut up!"

Trowa and Heero snickered.  They were losing.  Wufei became aware of that and death glared them into silence.  They did their best to compose themselves but were still laughing inside.

Trowa decided to switch topics, "So did you figure out anything?"

"Kind of.  We learned that his full name is Danny Torres and that he works for an organization called Death Strike, but he was just about to tell us why he shot his friend or partner whatever he was," replied Duo.

"He's was not my friend nor was he my partner."

"Then what was he?" inquired Relena.

"He was a soldier, forced to work with me.  A weak, arrogant, jerk that would do things his own way without thinking.."

"I see." She glanced at Sally.  Sally shook her head then smiled indicating that Quatre was not awake but that he was fine.  Relena sighed with relief.  Now she could center her attention on the matter in front of her.

Meanwhile Danny was watching everyone's moves and expressions.  The three new people that entered, he identified them as Chang Wufei, Trowa Barton and Sally Po.  Heero looked with a mixture of emotions, Relena seemed a little more relaxed and interested on what information he may give, while Duo kept staring at him.  Wufei appeared bored, Sally tired, and Trowa didn't really care or at least that was the vibes he was giving.

Danny was starting to feel uncomfortable.  He needed to get out of there. 'Come on think!'  His mind raced trying to form a plan.  Suddenly his gaze fell on Relena. 'Aw man, this is going to suck.'  While the others talked, he gave her a flirtatious smile.

Relena blinked a couple of times.  She had been caught off guard.  A slight blush flowed to her cheeks, she returned a shy, polite smile.  That didn't go unnoticed.  Heero fully caught that.  He growled. 'Information or not, no one flirts with Relena or they die.' He thought and pulled out his gun.

Danny pretended to be shocked. 

Heero drew his gun and Danny pretended to be shocked.  He knew he was a dead man either way, still...

"Heero, stop it right now!" Relena yelled. She knew the soldier had flirted with her and she had a vague idea that Heero may be jealous, but his words still burned in her heart and her mind.

 

-Flash-

"It's our mission to protect you."

"Protect me? Why, because I'm your mission? Is that it?!"

"Yes."

-Flash-

 

"Heero, I am not a mission," she whispered carefully choosing her words. "You don't have to act his way.  I can defend myself."  She looked up sharply, "I may be a mission to you but I consider myself human..  A human that loves one who doesn't return her love, you once gave someone advice to act upon you emotions..."

Heero's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.  He hadn't expected that.  He couldn't remove his eyes from the young ex-vice minister in front of him.

Relena glared at him, "Take your own advice, Heero Yuy!"

'This is it!'  Danny watched them carefully, waiting for an opening.  Taking the opportunity of the situation, he high kicked the gun out of Heero's hand.  Then punched him.  Racing towards the window, time seemed to have slowed.  Duo, Trowa, And Sally being at the other side of the room would not be able to stop him.  Relena was sitting down and Heero was just getting up from the room with a look that could kill.

'I'm going to make it. Yes.' He neared the window leading to the balcony.  Suddenly someone grabbed his arm! Danny turned.  Wufei!  Wufei was tightly holding his arm; he was strong even though he had given blood.

"Let go!" He yelled throwing a punch.

Wufei dodged; enraged he tried to grab Danny by the hair, taking hold of the soldier's cap.  Danny twisted out of his grasp so he would not be able to do that. The cap came off when Danny pulled away.  Relena gasped and Wufei's eyes went wide with disbelief.  Black hair cascaded down his shoulders like a dark waterfall as he just stood there; surprise written on his face.  'No!' he thought when he felt the cap come off.

Wufei growled, pulling out a dagger, he slashed it down Danny's front, ripping the uniform. Wufei gasped and Danny stood there horrified.

"No way!" cried Duo as he shoved past Heero to get a better look. Trowa's jaw dropped, Heero was dumbstruck, Sally gasped, and Relena's eyes watered.

Danny's chest was bandaged, the reason obvious.

"A woman!" yelled Wufei, letting her go.

"Karen!" cried Relena.

Karen, wrapped her arms across her chest, a faint blush crept to her cheeks. She glanced at Relena, knowing she had been recognized.  Now there was no way she would be able to leave.  'I am in deep...' her thought trailed off as she met everyone's glances and confused expressions.

Author's note:  Whoo! Intense huh? Who is Karen? How does Relena know her? How does she know the gang? What's going to happen next? Please review and let me know how you liked it and I would really appreciate no flames at the moment.  This being my first fanfic, I'm a little sensitive about it. Sorry hehe. I just am.

"Wimp." (Wufei crosses his arms and smirks)

"Watch it, Wufei..." (growl)

"What are you going to do?"

"Oh you'll find out. Don't worry, you will find out." (Huge grin.) "Laters." (wave).