Disclaimer: Gundam Wing is not mine.  I don't own the characters.  The story alone is mine but not the characters.  I would also like to thank those that inspired me to write this fanfic and they have kept me going.  Some parts may sound like some other story parts but if it will make it better and no arguments, I thank those and I will state as well that they were the original writers. Plus I am not making any money so don't sue, you really wouldn't get anything.

 

Title:  Unexpected

Chapter three:

 

Everyone stared at her; there was no way that she would be able to leave now.  Not easily at least.  She covered her chest and glanced quickly over the gundam's and their girl's faces.  Mostly shock and disbelief, she sighed, she was in deep trouble.  Movement caught her eye...Relena.

Relena took a step forward, "Karen?"  Her hands trembled as her eyes locked with the girl in uniform.  Suddenly she rushed to her and threw her arms around her.  Karen panicked and shoved her away.  The shocked looks she got were only adding to her discomfort.  Although it couldn't compare to the hurt look she received from the blond girl. 

"Karen, don't you remember me?"  Relena placed her hand to her chest in hope.

'Damn it!'  She forced herself to look up with a confused look she answered, "Remember you? I've never seen you before in my life!"

Relena's world caved, she burst into tears right on the spot.  She wrapped her arms around herself as if to hold in the pain.  She knew no one would understand why she was hurt.  Never had she given to tears easily not even when she faced death.  Duo took her into his arms and held her gently.

Karen tried to turn away but she couldn't.  Dang it, not only was she stuck but there was a wailing female and the glare Heero was giving her would and should be taken as definitely not good news. She was never one to lie but this time she had too, even if it was tearing her apart.

Meanwhile Heero was pist.  And Relena's cries caused him to snap.  He aimed his gun, "Omae o Korosu!"  (Or however you spell it ^_^)

"Noooooo!" Relena sobbed.  Duo tried to restrain her but she refused.  Then out of nowhere she pulled out a gun.  Her eyes flared and streams of tears flowed down her cheeks.  "If you kill her...I'll kill you, I swear it!"  Though her hands shook her voice was deadly calm.

Sally's mouth dropped while Wufei's eyes widened and the dagger, which had been forgotten, fell from his hand.  Silence filled the room the knife's clatter echoed and remained even after it had settled.  Duo took a step back not recognizing the girl he had tried to comfort a couple of minutes before.  He looked over to see how Heero reacted and gasped.

Heero was frozen in statue-like-form.  We are talking rock here!  For good measure Sally walked up to him and tried to get the gun from him.  After a couple of minutes she removed it by force while Trowa took Relena's.

Duo winced as Sally slapped Heero just to get him to respond.  All of a sudden he turned towards the door as another slap was heard.  "Hey!" yelled Duo.  Karen had taken the opportunity to sneak out of the room to escape.  Hearing Duo she broke out into a dead run for the window in the next room.  She didn't make it very far.  Duo tackled her just before she reached her exit.

"Damn it! Get off!"  She tried to kick him off her.  He grunted and grabbed her wrists while straddling her.  He succeeded in pinning her down.  Forcing her hands up to be parallel to her head.  Frowning he glared at her.  While violet eyes met deep blue, his anger slowly disappeared.  They stayed looking at each other then he closed the distance and kissed her.  She kissed back but when she felt him relax she turned the tables on him.

"Ha!" she cried in triumph as he lay under her.  Duo mentally cursed but Karen didn't have time to live her sweet moment because she passed out right after.  Duo sat up and looked at the girl, then up in front until he met Wufei's eyes.

Wufei had his hand curled in a way that makes it look as if he were holding something very small, with his two first fingers and his thumb an inch apart.  As Duo stood he asked Wufei what he did to her, half afraid he killed her.  Wufei slowly looked at the form... "I pinched a nerve..."

"Oh." 'Is she dead?' he wondered. 'She looks like it...and if she's not she'll probably die anyway.'

Wufei turned to leave.  "You know Maxwell, you shouldn't get too close to the prisoner."

"Prisoner?"

"She'll have to remain here until we don't need her anymore."

"I thought you were going to kill her if you haven't already done it." Duo accidentally blurted out.

"She's asleep but I should have..."

"So why didn't you.  I mean you do know how to stop the circulation in someone's body so why did you just put her to sleep?"

Wufei looks back at the body.  "It really doesn't concern you." Then he smirked, "But I wouldn't let anyone else see you kiss her again."

Duo shifted uncomfortably.  Wufei smiled at his discomfort and left taking one last look at the motionless girl.  Needless to say Duo stuck his tongue out at him when he exited the room.  Then stood there to wonder what he should do next.

****

Heero stared at nothing in particular, a red mark on his face where Sally had repeatedly slapped him, hoping for a reaction.  It took her a couple of minutes but she got one alright, lucky for her and with a little help from Wufei's teachings, she ducked out of the way...barely, as Heero lashed out at her.

He watched as Trowa helped Relena into an armchair across from him then knelt down and whispered soothing words to her.  Slowly she calmed down and would nod every now and then to what she was being told.  Finally Trowa stood and left, he had to get to work.

Wufei came back from a different room and talked to Sally in low tones.  Heero caught the word "leave" but Sally seemed reluctant to do so.  Wufei growled something out and haughtily Sally turned her heel and left.  With him following closely behind, of course they went their separate ways once outside the door.  Him to his room and her to the library, there was a computer there plus a phone, she needed to find out more about this Death Strike gang.

Heero was left alone with Relena.  Neither of them knew what to say.  He actually wished the long-braided baka were there.  At least he could break the silence.  Maybe not in a good way but still... Relena's words kept playing in his mind over and over.  Why did she care for this girl, for this soldier, for Karen?  Who was she?  And how did Relena know her?  He was hurt all he wanted to do was protect her 'cause he loved her, heck he always loved her but never told her.  Deep in thought he touched his cheek.

Relena wiped away her tears.  She was sorry of what happened and she was probably going to regret it badly.  Everyone was confused and they would start to ask questions sooner or later but she wasn't ready to tell them.  She felt worse on what she had told Heero.  Now he was in front of her.  They were alone...she wished she could say something, anything but nothing came to mind.  So she stared at her hands.  Looking up she saw Heero touch his cheek.  What shocked her most was that whether Heero realized it and didn't care or even if he hadn't...a lone solitary tear slid down his cheek only to die at his hand.  His eyes seemed unfocused.  Relena stood and walked up to him.  She reached out and stopped when she noticed that Heero was watching her.  Tucking her hair behind her ear she stood there looking at the floor unable to meet his eyes.

Heero rose and studied her.  He had come to a conclusion concerning what had occurred when he noticed Relena's hand reaching out to him.  Surprised he waited.  Though the expression never came surfaced he hoped that they would be able to understand each other.  Now he knew he had to be the one to make the first move.

Relena longed to gaze into his eyes and see what he felt but she could not bring herself to do so.  Fresh tears appeared in her eyes unshed.  Heero placed his hand on her chin and raised her head so he could look at her.  She looked and seeing the coldness in his eyes she adverted her eyes, one tear slipped down her cheek.  'He hates me...'

"Relena..."

She looked back at him.  He searched her face.  Wiping away her tear he pulled her closer raising her chin.  Time seemed to have slowed down as Heero closed his eyes and moved forward.  She closed hers and waited.  She couldn't have gone to meet his lips because Heero held her chin in place so she wouldn't move.  Heero leaned closer inches away then centimeters finally when he was about to kiss her...he stopped.

"Don't cry Relena.  I'll always be here."  Mentally kicking himself he pulled away.  She opened her eyes.  Inwardly sighing she replied, "I know."  Mentally she screamed.  Suddenly he hugged her.  Stupidly and confused she hugged him back.  She had "uh" written on her face.

He wanted her so bad.  He wanted to be with her so much.  Yet he couldn't bring himself to do it.  Or even to tell her.  But he did want to be part of her life so... "Relena, promise me that when you're ready you'll tell me what's going on, please."  Hugging him tightly she agreed.  She would tell him one day.

 

 

Author's Note:

"Well everyone what do you think?" *Innocent smile*

"I'll tell you what I think?!"  Relena picks up a bat.

"Uh Relena, calm down...please!"  ^_^;     

"How could you do that?!"

Author runs, "Someone call 911!!"

"Yeah for you! Come here!"

"Relena this is very un-princess like!"

"I don't care!  He was about to kiss me!!! Do you have any idea how long I have waited for that?!?!"

"You're overreacting!"

*shouts can be heard as the author and Relena run outside*