Disclaimer:  It's the same as in Ch. 1-3 *laughs* anyways thanks for being patient and sorry for the delay just had some problems and stuff.  Here's chapter four, enjoy!

 

 

Quick Update on past events (or you could read the chapters again ^_^): 

There's a new girl named Karen that was caught but the gundams and they want information from her concerning their new enemies.  To say from the beginning, someone has been attacking the group, unfortunately Hilde was the first to get it.  She was shot and on her funeral Duo was left heartbroken.  After some time they go back to the way things were.  Then all of a sudden on a night both Quatre and Relena are attacked.  Quatre in an attempt to save Relena gets shot but lives.  Relena refuses to go inside and remains.  When both are about to die, the gang comes to the rescue. (Yay) A soldier is caught and taken inside while Quatre's in the recovery room with Sally and Relena has been sentenced to her room, of course she doesn't listen, she goes downstairs to hear the conversation that is passing through the guys and becomes involved in the discussion. 

They talk and stuff.  The soldier, Danny Torres, gets an idea to escape and uses time to outsmart Heero, on the same night okay, and tries to escape.  Wufei catches him and they all find out that Danny...Is a GIRL!!! (Bet you didn't see that one coming lol) Heero being stupid pisses off Relena, who holds a memory/feeling for this girl who is Karen, and therefore gives her time to leave the room only to be tackled by Duo.  Duo lets his guard down and she ends up being on top (literally).  Wufei once more comes to the rescue and she is unconscious for now. 

Heero and Relena have to talk and they do (hey I'm not explaining the whole thing! Lol come on, what type of author would I be if I just gave it to you hmmm?) Heero is about to kiss her then backs out and here is where I begin chapter four, too bad it's not with them kissing. Tsk tsk tsk I'm evil...lol

 

Unexpected

Chapter four: 

 

Relena really would tell them one day but she didn't want to hurt them either.  How would she explain what went on in the living room?  She stared out the window knowing that Heero was taking a shower so near her, in her room.  The others didn't believe that she should be alone, period, especially now.  She sighed; the walk upstairs by herself didn't clear her feelings.  Heero entered a couple of minutes later but walked past her and into the shower with his duffel bag.  She knew they were on rocky ground, big time but she couldn't help it.   Staring at the moon she sighed and leaned heavily on the balcony window frame.  The lights were out in her room darkness engulfed her except for the light radiance that flowed into the room, like waves.

Closing her eyes she cried silently hugging herself, yearning for someone to understand, yearning for what would never be.  Rivulets streamed down the sides of her face and she clutched herself tighter.  'Karen...' 

Heero had finished showering and looked at Relena.  He was stuck dumb by the form she made.  She looked beautiful...beyond words.  The moon bathed her in it's light, shining on her magically.  Suddenly he noticed the tears.  Sadness filled him as he gazed on.  'Pain...' he knew it so well.  Walked its path and obeyed its rules in life, chained forever, or so he thought.  This girl had helped him slowly out, urging him on with encouragement and love.  She had always been there, now she was the one hiding something.  But why did she continue to...if it hurt her so?

Relena felt the warm contact as someone pulled her into his or her arms.  She didn't have to see to know who it was.  Heero held her as she cried, not talking just offering strength.  She'd tell when she was ready; he just hoped it would be soon.  Resting his head on hers he looked at the moon, that was silently spying on them behind a cloud.  'Soon...'

 

****

 

Sally walked into the kitchen.  She found Duo leaning against the counter staring at the girl on the floor...who was unconscious.  'I don't want to know...' Walking up to him she asked him a favor.  "Duo, would you watch her?  I need you to guard her."  He looked at her with annoyance in his eyes.  Sally quickly explained why, "Trowa's at the circus, Wufei flat out refuses, Quatre's still recovering, and frankly Heero would probably kill her."

Duo nodded after a moment's hesitation.  Sally thanked him and left.  She had to find out information on a particular person's reaction.  She turned once to look at the girl, wondering before she walked out.  Duo's eyes trailed after her frame until she was gone.  Sighing he bent down to pick Karen up.  He took her to his room and laid her on his bed.  Staring at her for a minute he reached into his desk drawer.  After rummaging around a bit he pulls out a pair of handcuffs, handcuffing Karen to the bedpost he went to set up a cot so he could sleep and watch her at the same time.

'Man, why do I have to baby-sit?' he grumbled fluffing a pillow and then tossing it on the cot.  Duo flopped down on the makeshift bed.  His braid slightly hanging tucking his arms behind his head, he stared at the ceiling.  Pretty soon he fell asleep.

"Oh...I'll never drink again."  Karen put her left hand to her forehead and sat up a bit.  Rubbing her neck she turned to her right side. 'Damn it! What am I doing? I have to get out of here!'  Swinging her legs over the side of the bed she tried to sit up and run.  'Whoa!' she was forced back.  'What the...' Glancing to her right arm she noticed the cuffs.  'Oh shoot me,' she looked around, her eyes falling on sleeping beauty at the end of the bed right in front of the window. 'Typical...but now at least I get what happened.' She smiled at him then at the cuffs, 'I can pick these no problem.'

She reached into her uniform to remove her kit.  'No!' her eyes widened 'No, oh please no!' Frantically she tore at the uniform, 'It's not there!' She stood up searched her pockets, and then stamped her foot. "It can't be!" she whined no longer caring that the gundam pilot was only feet away. 

Duo watched, propped up on his hand, with amusement dancing in his eyes.  He had woken up when he heard her.  Chuckling when she flopped back down on the bed.  Glaring at him she growled, "It's not funny."  He burst out laughing, "Yeah, it is." Still laughing he turned away from her, content that she couldn't escape much less move past his desk. 

-Wham! -

"Ow!!!" Duo whirled around almost falling off.  Karen was getting back onto the bed trying to hide a smile.  She failed.  She just looked at him and gave him a HUGE grin, then lay down to sleep.  Laughing she curled under the covers enjoying the feeling.  It had been some time since she had a good rest.  She'd figure out a plan tomorrow.

Duo looked at her surprised then down at the floor.  A hard-covered book glanced back at him.  Picking it up he noticed that it was his mystery novel.  He put it away and then quickly looked back at her expecting another to zing past the bed at him.  He lay down but this time facing her.  He didn't want anything else to be thrown at him.  Sleep won over paranoia and beauty fell asleep. 

                                   

****

 

Knock, Knock                    

Sally waited.  Finally deciding that he wasn't going to answer she'd risk it and piss him off.  Better than just standing out there.  Or was it?  Sally didn't really decide on anything because the door opened.   

"Come in!" came the yell.  Sally sighed and entered.  She walked around the room.  'Statues, pictures, very neat, organized, hmm...what else do you have here?  Ah but of course,' she thought smiling, 'the swords.  Wouldn't be his room without them.'  It was a fine collection.  All of them racked from size to weight.  Something caught her eyes.  A framed picture of a girl next to it was a single blood red rose.  'This must be Meiran.' Sally studied it closer.  She was quite pretty but from what he had told her she died in battle.  'So young...'

"Onna..."

Sally looked off to her left.  Wufei was sitting on his bed cross-legged; eyes closed, hands over knees upturned.  Meditating he waited for her to state her business.  He was pretty sure she hadn't come to see his room or examine him from afar.  He opened one eye and raised an eyebrow.

Sally walked over to him.  Standing in front of him, he resumed his meditation moving slightly to let her sit.  Sally watched him putting space between him and her in case it got out of hand.  She didn't feel like arguing.  She watched him now up close.  Strength flowed through his veins and vibrated into the air.  Confidence and wisdom portrayed itself in his form.  His soul hidden, yet open.  To him and him only.  No one would share his life, he refused; keeping to himself he lived day after day.  Pain, memories, his past...they were his and his alone. 

"Are you going to just keep staring at me or are you going to state your business."  He grumbled.  Obviously he didn't want to be disturbed.  "I don't like to be studied."

"Sorry." She looked away from him.  "Wufei, is everything alright?  You didn't seem like yourself back there."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He replied frowning. 

"So you're alright then?"

"Yes." He resumed meditation.

'Stubborn.'  "You sure?"

Wufei's eyebrow twitched.  "Yes."

"For real."

"Damn it yes woman!  I don't lie."

"Yes, you do." Sally stood to leave.

"What?"

She turned to face him.  "You just lied, Wufei."  He just stared at her.  "You said you never lie and you are wrong.  You just did."  He remained silent but pale.  "You think I don't know what's going on.  Wufei, even after everything that has happened, you still have not opened up to anyone not even me..." she saddened at the thought.  "You refuse thinking you're alone in the world, that no one will understand your pain.  There are the other gundams who each have their own story to go through but none of them keep much to themselves not even Heero.  He has started to open up to Relena and has saved her various times.  He may be the perfect soldier but even he knows his limits.  Why won't you acknowledge yours?"

"You wouldn't understand." Standing he made eye contact.  "You don't know what goes on."

"Then tell me."

"I can't."

"You just don't care do you? You'd rather hurt yourself more but locking yourself up in your room.  You haven't even bitten Duo's head off lately." 

"I don't have to, the baka can do it by himself."

Sally sighed in defeat.  Turning to leave she decided to give him something to think of.  "You should really talk to someone because I don't want you to dig yourself too deep into your own world," She looked over her shoulder.  "I don't want to lose you, Wufei."

He remained still.  Never, he would never let her near him it was too risky.  'I'm sorry.'  Sally studied his eyes searching for an answer anything but found nothing, nodding she said good-bye.  Wufei raised his arm, "Sally..." She stopped her back to him.  Wufei sighed, letting his hand fall back to his side.  He curled his fists.  "You'll never lose me...Sally."  She went rigged. 'He...he said me name...' eyes widening she looked back at him.  He had resumed meditation.  Sally walked out of his room unaware he was watching her the whole time. 

Upon hearing the door close, he stood and went to his dresser.  There a picture cursed him.  Meiran...anger and guilt ran through him.  It was his fault.  He always lost someone close to him.  He frowned.  No he had no one and he would make sure of it.  'Sally.' She was strong enough but could she last?  Would she break through and get to him?  Not if he had anything to do with it.  She had no relation to him.  Nothing.  No one will reach him.  Never again, never...

   

****

 

"And that's what happened."

"So you don't know who she is?"

"No but Relena seems to, she's just not willing to tell."

"She probably has her reasons.  Still if what you say is true and if Duo's right...this girl saved our lives."

"Probably."

"Trowa, I want to meet her."

"You will, Quatre.  When you're strong enough."

"Thank you."

"Good-night, Quatre."

"Night, Trowa."

 

AN:

Oh come on people, you don't really think that I had forgotten Quatre now do you?  I hope you've liked this chapter and I will try to get more put up or at least sent to Raichuu.  I've been going through a tough time so please excuse my lateness.  Is that even a word?  Man I am soooo sorry.  Forgive me.

Anyways I hoped you like this chapter.  Let me know. Laters.