Disclaimer:  I do not own Gundam Wing, or any of its characters.  How many times do I have to write this?  Anyway, Gundam Wing belongs to its creators, who are probably living it up in the lap of luxury.  I wonder if they are hiring.  Hey, don't laugh.  A girl can dream can't she?  OK, I can take a hint.  I'll shut up, so you can read my wonderful story.  So READ ALREADY and ENJOY!
 
A.N. - A word in Italics indicates emphasis of emotion placed on that word.
 
 

A Weekend to Remember


 
Chapter One: Hilde's Gift


 
It had been a wonderful twentieth birthday, but now it was almost over.  Hilde was so excited because she got to see her friends.  Relena had thrown her a surprise party at their house.  Yes, their house Hilde had moved in with Relena a year ago.  Relena wanted a chance to get out of the Peacecraft mansion, and Hilde wanted a roommate.  Duo had to move with the other Gundam pilots on the Preventer base, and Hilde did not like living alone.  The arrangement worked out for both of them.  They found a big old two-story house in the country with six bedrooms upstairs.  Each room had its own bathroom and a balcony.  The downstairs had a kitchen, living room, dining room, a library/study room, and Relena's office.  They both used the study room quite often, since they decided to attend college.  Relena said she always wanted to experience college life, and she is now able to with Milliardo and Lucrezia's help.  Milliardo is the current ruler of the Cinq Kingdom, and Relena is only Vice Foreign Minister part-time. Lucrezia gets the job the other half of thetime.  Relena and Hilde are happy with their living arrangements.  They even feel safe because Relena's bodyguards live nearby, and they keep a constant visual over the house.  Except for tonight, Relena told them to take off for the weekend.  After all, why should they stay, when five very capable bodyguards were staying the weekend?  Yes, everyone came.  Well, everyone except Sally, Lucrezia, and Milliardo who were not able to make it.  Also, since the party was scheduled to end late Relena arranged for all to stay for the night.  They did have a six-bedroom six-bathroom house.  It could work.
 
"Hey Hilde, where are you at?" came a voice from inside her room.  "I'm in here Relena."  Relena walked out onto Hilde's balcony, and took a seat in a chair next to her friend. 
 
"Why are you out here all by yourself?" Relena asked.  "I thought you were just coming to change shirts, since Duo spilled his drink on you."
 
"Oh, I did, but I just wanted some fresh air for a minute.  Then I got sidetracked looking at the moon and stars.  By the way, thank you for my party today.  I really enjoyed seeing everyone again."
 
"No problem.  It was the least I could do.  Hilde, you have been a great friend to me these past few years, and today was my way of saying 'Thank you'." Hilde gave Relena a smile and Relena smiled back then looked up at the sky.
 
"Wow, the moon sure is beautiful tonight," Relena, said.
 
"Yes, it is."
 
"It is one of those rare beautiful night when the moon is full, lots of star twinkle in the sky, and there is not a cloud in sight to block the view," Relena said.  She glanced over at Hilde and noticed her birthday gift to Hilde was around her neck.  "You're wearing the amulet I gave you.  I thought you might like it."
 
"Yes, it's great.  I love it."  It was a silver amulet of a full moon, and inside the moon was the image of a dragon's face.  The dragon had two emerald eyes that seemed to always be watching.  It really was an intriguing antique. 
 
"Hey, it looks like it is glowing in the moonlight.  You did not tell me it could do that," Hilde said.
 
"I did not know it could do that."
 
"Well, I like it.  It gives it a very mystical and mysterious look."  Relena started giggling, "Hilde you are something for the books."
 
"Yeah, I know, but I bet I know someone else who is worse than me."
 
"Who?  Pray tell," Relena said in mocking enthusiasm.
 
"I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count."
 
"Ha Ha Oh boy let me guess. Does he have violet eyes and long brown braid?"
 
"UmmMaybe... Hehe."
 
"Oh. You are hopeless."
 
"No I am not, and you are one to talk Miss. I refuse to admit I have feelings for a certain Gundam pilot."
 
Relena gave her an innocent grin. "What?"
 
Hilde laughed.  "See, I knew it.  You can't fool me.  I'm a genius."
 
"Huh." Relena snorted in protest at the genius part.
 
"What on God's green Earth is that suppose to insinuate."
 
"Nothing"
 
"Yeah right."  Then after a few moments of silence between the two friends, Hilde asked, "Relena, do you ever wonder what it would be like to be in their shoes?"
 
"What brought that question on?"

"I mean, you're the Foreign Minister, he's the Gundam pilot, you're the Pacifist, he's the Perfect Soldier.  Have you ever wondered what it would be like from his point of view?"
 
"If you mean like being able to read his mind, no thank you.   I think he has too much in that head of his to ever be analyzed be anyone else."
 
"No.  That is not what I meant."
 
"Then what else do you mean?"
 
"I mean switching roles.  Seeing how the other half lives, even if it is just for a day or two."
 
"You mean do I ever wonder about seeing the world through the eyes of a Gundam pilot?"
 
"No, one Gundam pilot in particular."
 
"Oh, I don't know.  I never really thought about it."
 
"Well, think about it."  Relena thought for a minute then said, "Uh not really."  Relena stood up and put her hand on Hilde's shoulder.  "I need to make sure everyone has a place to sleep."
 
"Oh! You lie!" 
 
"No.  I'm serious.  It's late.  I'm tired, and I'm sure everyone else is too."  Relena removed her hand from Hilde's shoulder and placed it over her heart as an innocent gesture.
 
"Oh yeah we do need to tend to that, but first things first."  Hilde said standing up to face Relena.
 
"What?"
 
Hilde lightly grabbed Relena's arm. (Unnoticed to them the dragon amulet started to smile) "I know you didn't truthfully answer me Relena Dorlain Peacecraft."
 
"Oh all right.  Yes!  Maybe sometimes it would be nice to have a different role in life.  There, are you happy?"
 
"I am now."
 
"What about you, do you ever wish to trade places with Duo?"
 
"Silly question.  Why would I have asked you, if I never thought about it before?"
 
"Enlighten me."
 
"Well think about it Relena.  For one I would get to fly a Gundam, and a pretty cool one at that.  Two, I would be a lot stronger, and three, which is the best one, I would be able to legally walk into the men's locker room on the Preventer base." 
 
Relena started laughing hysterically.  "Who can argue with that kind of logic?"  She gave Hilde a sideways hug. "I think I am prone to agree with you on all three accounts, but right now we need to go tend to our guests.  I'm afraid we've been gone too long." (The amulet returned to normal, but the two friends still no longer paid it any attention.) 
 
"Yeah, you're right.  Let's go see how things are downstairs." 
 
That said they walked into Hilde's room to go back downstairs only to come face to face with two young men.  One grinning wickedly with his hands tucked behind his head, and the other giving a semi-stern look with his arms crossed over his chest.  "Uh Oh."  The two women said in unison.
 
"We were wondering what was keeping you two so long.  We started to worry about you since there are no guards on duty tonight," Duo said.
 
"Well, um you see we got side tracked um you know girl talk and all," Hilde managed to stammer out.
 
"Yes, we heard." Heero said trying not to smirk, but the corners of his mouth slightly went up.
 
"Hehe um I would of thought you guys had better things to do than listen to women's chatter." Relena said trying to sound confident.
 
"Usually yes, but your conversation sparked out interest," Duo answered.
 
"Especially the part about wanting to enter a men's locker room," Heero cut in to say, smirk now gone.
 
"Oh, you two didn't take all that seriously now did you?" Hilde said trying to lighten the mood in the room and to keep from laughing or turning red all at the same time.  Whenever she was nervous, she always laughed.  She did not know where she got that trait.  Relena on the other hand was already beet red.  'Oh damn.  I can see I am never going to hear the end of this one.  The look on Duo's face is nothing but mischief.  Damnit, sometimes life just is not fair,' Hilde thought.
 
At the same time, Relena thoughts were similar to Hilde's 'Oh, why me?  I wonder how much he heard?  Oh, damnit, Relena, you can handle stuffy politicians all the time you can definitely handle a nosy Gundam pilot.  A very handsome, nosy Gundam pilot.  Oh, whom am I kidding?  A very ruggedly, handsome, dangerous, wonderful Gundamshit.  Don't let yourself get distracted, Relena, you dumbass.  If you're smart you would change the subject and turn the tables on the two bakas (1) who should not have been listening to your conversation in the first place.'
 
"Well, whether or not how serious they took our conversation, they should not have been listening.  It's rude, and it's called eavesdropping.  However, all can be forgiven, if they will kindly step aside like the nice gentlemen I know they are and let us pass to tend to our guests."  Relena said
 
Still having his mischievous grin Duo said, "Alright I'll move in a second, but first I have a question." He walked up to Hilde, wrapped his arms around her, and asked, " Which room do I get?"
 
"Mine."
 
"Yyyyeeeeeeeessssssss!"
 
"Cool your jets lover boy because those two are sleeping in here also."
 
"WHAT!" shouted three voices at once.
 
"I'm not sleeping in the same bed with Heero!" Duo stepped away from Hilde and gave her a disgusted look.  At the same time both Heero and Relena were looking at Hilde in shock.
 
"You didn't let me finish you baka, and you two stop looking so surprised.  Just hear me out."
 
"By all means continue." Heero said since he was the first to recover from Hilde's outburst.
 
"All four of us are just sleeping in the same room not the same bed.  I have a pop up bed underneath mine.  I'll just fix it and put it on the other side of the room for you two."
 
"Well that explains one misunderstanding, but why do we have to share a room.  I kind of thoughtwell you know that " Duo said as he leaned closer to Hilde, but he didn't get to finish because Hilde yanked on his braid. "Ouch! What was that for!?"
 
"Oh, don't be selfish you can be good for one night."
 
"But I don't want to," Duo whined.
 
Sighing Hilde said, "Me and you are the only two who are officially boyfriend and girlfriend and those two are not far from it.  Even though they both are loath to admit it.  I can read between the lines.  The other five people in this house are unattached, and I doubt very seriously that they would want to share a room with any of us four.  I figured Dorothy could have Rellie's room, Catharine could have the next room, and Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei could each get their own room across the hall."  Hilde looked toward Heero and Relena.  "Plus you two should thank me.  I'm giving you two a chance to sleep next to each other without arousing too much suspicion from everyone since you won't be totally alone."
 
"You are forgetting two things.  One, I am not very fond of having to listen to Duo snore all night, and two, I'll have to find a way kill him if he insists on making jokes about the situation all night." Heero stated matter-a-factly.
 
"Can you think of a better alternative?"
 
"No"
 
"Well then let's go downstairs and let the rest of the party know the arrangements.  And don't worry too much Heero I can get Duo to behave and if he starts snoring all I have to do is stuff a sock down his throat."  Hilde giggled and walked out.
 
"HEY!" Duo said defensively as he followed Hilde out of the room.
 
"Heero." Relena called Heero back before he left the room also.
 
"Yes?"
 
"If these sleeping arrangements bother you, I can find somewhere else to"
 
"No, it's alright" Heero quickly replied not letting her finish.
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Yes, now lets go downstairs with everyone else."  Then he turned around and walked out of the room.  Relena followed not far behind him to the living room where everyone else was.
 

<>

 
In the living room:
 
Wufei and Trowa were sitting at the table playing chess, while Quatre sat near by watching the intense game.  Trowa had Wufei in check at the moment, but the battle was not over yet.  On the other side of the room by the fireplace, Dorothy and Catharine were sitting by the fire drinking cocoa and chatting.
 
"I wonder what is keeping them so long.  I hope nothing is wrong," Catharine said.
 
"I am sure everything is fine," Dorothy said to reassure her.
 
Just then Duo and Hilde walked in.  Duo decided to check on the ever-going chess match, but Hilde decided to sit by the girls. "Where's Miss. Relena?" Dorothy asked Hilde once she sat down.
 
"Oh, she's coming she and Heero were right behind us."
 
Catharine and Dorothy leaned in closer to Hilde.  "Heero and Relena? Come on you have to give us the scoop," Catharine pleaded.
 
"You mean you guys have never taken notice."
 
"Notice what?" Dorothy asked now very curious.
 
"Oh come on. I have been catching them two looking at each other all day, and today is not the first time I've caught them doing that."
 
"What?!" The two girls said in unison.  They said it kind of loud, which gained four looks from across the room.  Hilde cleared her throat and gave an 'I'm sorry' smile to the guys for interrupting their game.  Then she leaned in closer to the other two and whispered, "Well, they weren't making goo-goo eyes at each other, but at different times of the day I caught one looking at the other, while the other's head was turned the other way."
 
"You're kidding." Catharine whispered excitedly.
 
"Yeah, neither one saw me looking when they did it."
 
"Oh, this is too rich," Dorothy, said.
 
"And do you two want to hear the best part," Hilde said enthusiastically.
 
"Do tell," Dorothy encouraged.
 
"Yes, the suspense is killing me."
 
"I've rigged the sleeping arrangements tonight to where they are sleeping next to one another."
 
"How the hell did you manage that?" Dorothy asked very surprised.
 
"They get the spare bed in my room, and each of you get your own room."
 
"But won't that cramp you and Duo?"
 
"Oh, he can be good for one night.  I'm on a mission.  Besides it's all I could think of so they wouldn't be worried about what the rest of you guys would think with them being alone in a room together."
 
"Oh, you are devious.  I love it." Dorothy said proudly. "Can I be a part of thismission."
 
"Why Dorothy, I didn't know you cared about other people's relationships?" Catharine asked mockingly.
 
"I don't really, but when it calls for the use of clever tactics I want a part of it." Dorothy said while rubbing her hands together and having a mischievous look on her face.
 
"Me too.  Can I help?" Catharine asked.
 
"Sure, if you want.  I can use all the help I can get."
 
"Help with what?" All three girls turned around to see Relena standing there with a curious look on her face.
 
"Oh, um I was asking for help to get all the rooms set upstairs." Hilde said nervously.
 
"Oh." Relena said with a frown on her face.  'Somehow I doubt that's the truth Hilde has that look in her eye she gets when she is up to no good.  Oh well, How bad could it be?' Relena thought.
 
"Yeah.  We also got excited when we found out we get our own room for the night.  Oof." Catharine said, but Dorothy lightly elbowed her in the side to shut her up.
 
"Really?" Relena said with a raised eyebrow.
 
"Yeah, well come on girls we got work to do.  You know the guys aren't going to fix the beds, and it needs to get done somehow." Hilde said.
 
Relena sighed, "Yeah let's go."  All four girls walked out to go upstairs and left the five guys to themselves.
 
Quatre looked up to notice they were gone.  "Hey where did all the girls go?" he asked.
 
"They probably went to get the beds ready for the night," Heero said.
 
"Yeah, I'm sure you're looking forward to sleep tonight. Huh pal." Duo said putting his arms around Heero's shoulders.  All of which earned him a very serious death glare.  "Eep! Ok I can take a hint. Sheesh." Duo said then took his arm away.
 
"Maxwell, you baka, shut up.  I'm trying to concentrate on the game." Wufei said as he moved his knight to take Trowa's queen.
 
"Sorry Wu-man.  I didn't mean to distract you."
 
"Well, you did, and don't call me that."
 
"Checkmate" Trowa declared.
 
"WHAT!  Impossible.  How did you? Aaaaaahhhhhh! Injustice."
 
"Uh! Oh!"
 
"Maxwell! You'll pay!"
 
"Eep!" Duo screeched as Wufei tried to grab his shirt, but he missed since Duo dodged out the way.  Wufei was about to run after him, but Heero stopped him. "You shouldn't let distractions bother you in battle." Heero said very sternly.
 
"Besides Wufei, it was just a friendly game of chess.  It should no matter who the victor was."  Quatre said
 
Trowa nodded his head in agreement and said, "And plus, it is not honorable to place blame where it doesn't belong.  Duo had nothing to do with that last move."
 
Wufei hung his head in defeat and sighed.  Duo who had earlier made a mad dash around the corner pocked his head inside the room.  "Is it safe to come back now?" he asked.  Heero nodded his head.  Duo hesitantly reentered the room keeping his distance from Wufei.  Quatre was the one who finally decided to break the ice. 
 
"I think I'll go see how the rooms are coming along because I am about ready for bed myself."
 
"Good idea.  I think I'm ready to hit the sack too. It has been busy day," Duo said
 

<>

 
A little while later upstairs in Hilde's room:
 
"Well the other rooms are ready.  Now all we have to do is make Heero and Relena's bed."  Hilde said while giving Relena a wink.  The only response Hilde got was Relena rolling her eyes at her.
 
"Hey you guys, I need some help over here."  This came from Catharine who was trying to move Hilde's nightstand aside so they could pull the bottom bed out from under Hilde's.  "Hilde's crap is heavy."
 
"My stuff is not crap."
 
"Well whatever you want to call it, it needs to be moved out the way, but it's too heavy."
 
Dorothy helped her move the nightstand away, while Hilde and Relena pulled the bed out.  Now that it that was out it needed to go in a different corner.  "So now where do we put it?"  Relena asked Hilde. 
 
"It can go over there."  She pointed to a corner on the far side of the room.  "OK that will work."  Relena agreed.  After the bed was in its corner, Hilde pulled a lever under the bed, and it popped up to a normal bed height.
 
"Phew, I'm glad that's done." Dorothy said wiping her forehead.
 
"Oh come on it wasn't that bad."  Catharine said.  Dorothy just gave her a dirty look to answer her.
 
Hilde just laughed at the two.  "Well the hard work is done.  You can go to the other rooms now, if you are ready for bed."
 
"OK.  We'll see you guys in the morning.  Goodnight."  Catharine said
 
"Yes.  Goodnight."  Dorothy responded.
 
"Goodnight."  Hilde and Relena said in unison.
 
Catharine and Dorothy left, then Relena turned to Hilde.  "You can have the bathroom first.  I'll go get the sheets and stuff to make the bed."
 
"Nonsense.  I'll go get the sheets."
 
"But.  I should be waiting on you.  It is your birthday."

"Oh, Pish Posh.  You've done enough for me today it was a great birthday.  Besides it is no longer my birthday.  It ended half an hour ago."
 
Relena looked at the clock and sure enough it said 12:30 am.  "Oh all right you win."  She said and walked toward the bathroom.  "Hilde." She said turning around.
 
"Yes."
 
"Since Dorothy has already gone to bed in my room, and I forgot to get my stuff out for the night.  Can I borrow some of your pj's to sleep in?"
 
"Sure.  No problem.  All of my gowns are on the second shelf in the bathroom closet.  You cannot miss them.  It is the shelf below the towel shelf."
 
"OK.  Thanks Hilde."  Then she walked into the bathroom and shut the door.
 
Hilde walked out the room to go get the sheets, blankets, and pillows from the hall closet.  While she was getting the stuff, she saw the guys coming down the hall.  "Well that just figures, you guys would make an appearance after all the hard work was finished."  She scoffed at them, but she said it with a smirk.
 
"We are sorry Miss. Hilde.  We didn't mean to."  Quatre said with a sad look on his face.
 
"Oh don't be.  I was just playing with you."  She said, and then Quatre gave her one of his adorable smiles
 
"Which rooms do we get to use?" he asked.
 
"Take you pick.  You, Trowa, and Wufei each get one of those rooms."  She pointed toward the three unoccupied rooms.
 
"Thanks.  Goodnight Miss Hilde."
 
"Goodnight you guys.  Sleep tight.  Don't let the bed bugs bight."
 
Quatre chuckled, while both Trowa and Wufei only nodded goodnight to her.  Then all three each went to a different room.
 
"You two come here and give me a hand."  She said to Duo and Heero.  She gave Duo a big blanket and Heero two big fluffy pillows.  She grabbed the sheets for her to carry.
 

 

About 15 minutes later in Hilde's room:

 
Hilde had made the beds.  Relena was still in the bathroom.  Duo was sitting on Hilde's bed watching television.  Hilde was sitting next to him reading a book, and Heero was laying down on his and Relena's bed staring straight up at the ceiling.  'What the hell am I doing?'  He thought to himself.  Hilde, who burst out laughing, suddenly interrupted his thoughts.  Both him and Duo turned to look at her.  Duo looked at her book.  She was reading something called Knight of a Trillion Stars by a Dara Joy (2).
 
"What is so funny babe?"  He asked.
 
"Oh this book is hilarious.  I can't believe she actually thought that shit was clay.  Ha ha ha ha."  She was laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes.  Duo and Heero just continued to look at her like she had gone crazy.  To them no book had ever been that funny.  Just then the bathroom door opened and Relena stepped out.  Duo's mouth dropped open, and Heero's eyes got the size of saucers.
 
"Oomph!" Duo cried when Hilde elbowed him in the side. "Hey!"
 
"She's not for you to stare at."  Hilde whispered sternly.
 
"Sorry."  He apologized slightly blushing.
 
But Heero continued to stare.  She was wearing a light blue silk gown that brought out the blue in her eyes.  The gown went down to mid thigh.  It had spaghetti straps and the neckline made a V-shape.  The gown did not show off any flesh it shouldn't, but it fit just right showing off curves and longlegs.  'Get a hold of yourself Yuy.  You don't want her to see you drooling do you?'  He had to mentally slap himself.
 
Hilde was the one who finally broke the silence.
 
"Wow.  I'm jealous.  That is one of my favorite night gowns, but it never looked that good on me."  If Duo and Heero's staring was not enough to make her blush, Hilde's last comment make her turn beet red. 
 
"Well, um... I am finished.  Who is next?"  She replied nervously, trying to get everyone's attention away from her. 
 
"Heero you can go next.  We'll go after you."  Duo said winking at Hilde.
 
"Oh no you don't.  Duo, what do you mean we?  You are going to be a good boy tonight and that's final."  Hilde reprimanded him.
 
"Ah, but Hilde!"  Duo pleaded trying to give her his puppy eyes.
 
"No, buts."  She said trying to stay serious.  He knew she always fell for his puppy eyes, but she was determined not to let it work this time.
 
"Oh. Damnit."  He sulked.
 
"But Heero, you are more than welcome to go next."  Hilde said wanting to change the subject.
 
"OK." He replied in his usual monotone voice.  It was all he could say since he was trying not to laugh at Duo's display.  Keeping his head down, he got up, grabbed the small overnight bag he brought, and walked toward the bathroom.  But he stopped suddenly, when he almost ran into Relena.  He forgot she was still standing in the doorway because he had to look away earlier to keep from drooling.
 
"Oh sorry."  Relena said stepping aside to let him pass.  But the two caught eye contact with one another and neither seemed to be able to look away.
 
"Relena."  He said in a hushed whisper.
 
"Heero." 
 
"Um Excuse me.  There are still two more people who need a bath."  Duo said interrupting them. 
 
"Oomph Ouch!  Hilde that hurt!"  She had yanked on his braid pretty hard.
 
"Well you deserved it you big lug.  You ruined the moment they were having."
 
"Huh?"  He asked totally confused to what she was saying.
 
"Oohh!  Men!  They just don't get it."  Hilde screeched.
 
"Get what?"
 
Half an hour later everyone was lying down to go to sleep.  Considering Heero only took about five minutes.  He did not want to leave Relena; in the nightgown she was wearing, without him too long in the same room with Duo.
 
"Well, goodnight everyone sleep well."  Hilde announced.
 
"Yes, now you two kids be good over there.  Don't make me have to come separate you."  Duo said cheerfully to Heero and Relena.
 
"Shut up Duo and goodnight."  Heero said sternly.
 
"Goodnight."  Duo said sarcastically.  "Sheesh.  No one can take a joke now days.  They always have to get so defensive."  He said under his breath so Hilde was the only one who heard him.
 
"Oh don't take it so hard sweetie.  I am sure he did not mean to be too gruff with you."  She sweetly whispered into his ear to cheer him up.
 
"You do not know Heero very well do you."
 
"No not really, but hey I don't have to, because you are all the man I need."
 
He raised both his eyebrows at that comment and gave her a half smile.  "I should hope so."  Then his face softened to an innocent look.  "Besides, who could ask for anything more?"
 
Hilde giggled.  "Duo you are too much."
 
"And don't you forget it."
 
He leaned in closer to give her a kiss, but she put her hands up to stop him, when his face was only and inch away from hers.  "Um Duo, Honey, you did not forget we are not alone tonight.  Did you?"
 
"Oh yeah.  Damn!"  He muttered under his breath.
 
"Well can I at least get a kiss goodnight."
 
"Um sure, but only if you promise to be good."
 
He gave her his puppy eyes and crossed his hand over his heart.  "I promise.  Scout's honor."
 
"But you are not a Boy Scout, so how can you"
 
"I know" and with that she was silenced with his kiss.  At first it was an innocent kiss, but then he deepened it.  It got more passionate, and Hilde so caught up in the moment forgot she and Duo were not completely alone.  Reality came crashing back down on her though, when she heard a sneeze come from the other side of the room.  She immediately pulled away from him.  They were both staring at each other with eyes full of passion.  However, Hilde could not allow anything to happen tonight.  So she sweetly smiled at him and brushed her hand over his cheek.  Duo closed his eyes and leaned his face more into Hilde's hand to saver her touch.  She then took his face in both of her hands and brought it down to hers.  She kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "Goodnight my love.  I'll see you in the morning."  Then she let go of his face and rolled over on her side putting her back to him.  She knew if she continued looking into his passion filled eyes any longer, she would cave in and that could not happen.
 
Duo just stayed in the same position for a few minutes and starred at her back. 'Damn.  Dismissed.  That Sucks.' He thought to himself, and he let his mind continue to wonder.  'Well, I know I have to be good.  I just have to be very discrete.  Hehe.  Duo you are a genius.  Besides, I'm used to the way we always fall asleep together.  I have not had a good night sleep in my room on the Preventer base because I do not have Hilde to sleep next to.  And I'll be damned, if I am going to loose sleep tonight.'  He leaned in closer to Hilde.
 
Hilde felt his chest against her back and then his arm came around her waist.  'Oh Duo, you are such a big teddy bear.  You can't go to sleep without a little bit of snuggling.'  His legs then intertwined with hers and his hand went up the tank sleep shirt she was wearing to gently rub her breast.  Hilde began to giggle to herself on the inside.  'This is how he always likes to sleep.  Hehe.  I'll give him this much.  Actually, if truth were to be told, I would admit I find it hard to sleep at night without his arms around me.'
 
As if reading her thoughts, Duo leaned in closer and whispered in her ear, "I hope you don't mind at least this much.  I find it hard to sleep at night without you in my arms."
 
"SSSShhhhhh. It is fine.  Besides, I can't sleep at night either without you right beside me."
 
He lightly chuckled then whispered to her, "Goodnight Hilde Babe.  I love you."  Then he laid the rest of the way down and rested his chin on top of her head.
 
"Goodnight Duo.  I love you too."   She whispered back.
 
Finally, the two of them started to drift off to sleep just as they were.
 
Meanwhile on the other side of the room, the two occupants of the bed in the corner were wide-awake.
"I think they actually already fell asleep."  Relena whispered out loud, more to herself than anyone else, but Heero heard her.  A grunt was his onlyresponse.  "Heero, you are still awake too."  Relena thought she was the only one still awake.
 
"Yeah"
 
"You know I think we were set up.  Here we are two people trying to sleep in a single bed, when five other single people in this house each got a double size bed or larger."
 
"What was your first clue?"
 
"Don't you start pointing fingers at me Heero Yuy.  You could have backed out of this sleeping arrangement just as easily as I could have."  She paused to finish the last part, when she realized what she was saying.  They both continued to stare at one another in the darkness, after Relena's last comment.  Finally, it was Relena who decided to break the uncomfortable mood.
 
She smiled then whispered in his ear, "You know we can make this work."
 
"How?"  He asked with a skeptical look on his face.
 
"Well for starters, how do you prefer to sleep?"  He raised an eyebrow at that question.
"No silly.  I mean, do you prefer to sleep on your back, your side, or your stomach?"
 
"My back."
 
"Then lay on your back."  He did as she requested, but then
 
"What are you doing?"  He asked because she was climbing on top of him.
 
"I prefer to sleep on my left side so I'm getting over here."  She crawled over Heero to lay on the other side, but she kept her right side still draped over him.  She also decided to use his chest as a pillow, and her right leg became intertwined with his.
 
'My goodness.  What the hell am I doing?  He is probably pretty ticked at me right now, but this is more comfortable.'  She thought to herself.
 
'I don't believe it.  She actually has more guts than I thought.  She actually made the first move.'  He smiled at that thought.  Then he did something he never thought he would be able to do.  He wrapped his arms around her to pull her closer to him.  She lifted up her head to look him in the eye.
 
"Is this better?" she asked with an innocent look on her face.
 
"Yes much."  He said as the side of his mouth formed a half smile.  Then he lifted her up closer to his face, and gave her a light kiss on the lips.  Relena's eyes got huge, his kiss caught her completely by surprise, but it did not take her very long to overcome the initial shock.  After he pulled way, she rubbed the back of her hand against his cheek then she leaned in closer to give him her own kiss, which he quickly took over.  The next thing she knew Heero's mouth was covering hers.  He then rolled over putting her underneath him.  She wrapped her arms around his neck.  It was like she wanted him closer, but he could not go any further.   His mouth left hers to form a trail of kisses around her neck toward her right ear.  His hands started working magic all over her body and she became completely caught up in the moment.  Her hands also began to explore his body.  He was only wearing a pair of boxer shorts so she had free rain to every muscle on his chest, arms, and abdomen.  When her hands molded to the smooth toned area of his chest, his mouth found hers again.  Relena let a soft moan of pleasure escape as Heero's hands continued their exploration.  The moan, however, was muffled because his mouth was covering hers.  Suddenly a sound came from the other side of the room reminding them they were not completely alone. 
 
Relena broke away, when she heard Duo's light snoring on the far side of the room, and looked up at Heero.  Both were breathing very hard and trying to regain their composure.  Heero was the first to speak.
 
"UmI'm sorry I didn't mean to"
 
"SSSShhhhhh." She said putting a finger to his lips. "It's all right.  You did not do anything wrong."
 
"Are you sure?"  He whispered to her still a little breathless.
 
She smiled and nodded her head.  She pulled his head closer and whispered in his ear, "I would be lying, if I said I did not enjoy it."  Her words made Heero blush slightly.  However, she could not be too sure, since she only had the light of the moon to see with.  "One night our time will come.  It just can not be tonight." She whispered.
 
He kissed her forehead and nodded his agreement.
 
She smirked and then a mischievous look came to her eyes.  "After all, we don't want to run Hilde and Duo out of the room.  Now do we."  He softly chuckled at her little joke.
 
After a moment, he decided it was his turn to use her chest as a pillow, and then they both wrapped their arms around one another.
 
"Goodnight Heero.  I'll see you, when you wake up."
 
"Goodnight Relena."
 

 

~~~To Be Continued~~~

 

 
(1)   bakas ­ fools, idiots
(2)   Yes, Knight of a Trillion Stars is an actual book, and, NO, I am not promoting Dara Joy's book.  It is just one of my favorite romance novels.  I thought it would be funny to fit it into the scene.  Anyone who has read the book will understand the joke.  Hilde is reading a scene from (in my opinion) one of the book's funniest moments.  However, I don't think I am allowed to describe the book's scene for those of you, who have not read it, because I don't think Mrs. Joy would appreciate me spoiling part of her book over the World Wide Web.  So I guess if you want to fully understand the reason Hilde is laughing, you will have to read the book for yourself.  And for the second time, NO, I am not promoting Mrs. Joy's book.  I just really loved the book and wanted to put it in my story.
 
Well, that is the end of Chapter One.  I hope everyone liked it.  Please review.  I want to get reviews.  PLEASE! Oh, in case anyone did not notice, this story has nothing to do with my first one, Reflection.  So do not try to connect the two stories, it will only cause confusion.  Well, I got to go for now.  Bye!