Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing.

PAR-TAY! Pt. 1

Relena smiled as she posted up the piece of paper she had. She stapled it onto the schoolís bulletin board and walked away, smiling, knowing people would love to come to this dance. Only, it wasnít her idea. It had been Laura Snickbick, the school President.

"Post it, Relena," she commanded.

"Yes, your majesty," Relena muttered under her breath, not letting Laura hear. She then posted it for her.

*******

"So, who are you going with Hilde?" Dorothy asked, smiling slyly at her friend, but Relena caught up with them before Hilde answered, sighing with relief.

"Hiya, Rel!" Hilde smiled, grinning, and stuck her tongue out at Dorothy.

"I was asking who Hilde was asking to the dance. How about you, Rel?" Dorothy asked again, leering at her.

"Oh," Relena blushed, smoothing out her high school uniform. She pressed down her blue skirt and then tightly clasp her hands together. "Er, well, no, not yet anyway."

"Ooh, does Relena have someone in mind?" Cathrine teased. She shook her dark brown hair and then her gray eyes lightened up. "And here they come now." She muttered, under her breath.

 

********

"Woah, did you see what Cathrine did?" Duo gasped, staring along with Trowa. Trowa then regained his posture and hit Duo over his head. "She taken, idiot."

"By who?" Duo asked, rubbing the sore spot over his head.

"Me. I already asked her to the dance," the 16 year old pilot smirked, staring at Duo. "But I hear Hildeís not taken yet, though some guy was talking about asking herÖ" That was all Duo needed to hear. He scrambled up and ran towards the girls, then stop in front of Hilde. He asked her something, and the girlsí jaws dropped open.

"You didnít hear someone taking Hilde, did you?" WuFei asked, his arms crossed.

"Nope," Trowa said lightly, smiling.

"Iím going to ask Relena." Quatre announced, glancing slightly at Heero. "Sheís been really nice to me, and wellÖ"

"Donít look at me, I donít care. I donít like her," Heero said coolly, turning his back and walking away from the group.

Duo just then returned, a smug look on his face. "I asked Hilde, and then Cathrine and Dorothy looked over at Relena and Sally. Guess those two donít have dates, but then Relena said quite loudly that sheís not going with anyone at all. Think sheís waiting for Heero to ask her?"

"I doubt it," WuFei said, watching Heero walk away. He said loudly so Heero could hear, "Heero doesnít like Relena. Go on Quatre, go ask Relena. Sheís not going to wait for Heero all her life."

Heero made no effort to turn and smack WuFei, but continued walking like he didnít hear, butÖ

ëIs it my imagination or is he walking more stiffly than before?í Duo thought, an idea popping into his head, and then he shared it with the others, beckoning the girls to them.

***********

Relena smiled as she reached the bus stop. No one was there, and she had time to read the book she wanted. She pulled out "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings" (Iím reading it right nowÖitís pretty good!) and shifted the weight of her backpack. Unfortunately, this caused the seem to rip, and spill her textbooks onto the ground.

"Oh no!" Relena moaned, and bent down to pick them up, not noticing the shadow of another figure above her.

*********

ëYeah, right, WuFei, I like Relena,í Heero thought, walking home. ëIf I did, IídóIíd probably carry her books home for her or something like that! And it wonít happen!í

He was almost at his house across from the bus stop when he saw a girl in his schoolís uniform bending over to pick up her textbooks. He walked up to her, hearing cursing coming from her.

"Stupid, god-damned books, always falling, baka!" She cursed, "Shouldíve gotten the new backpack when you had the chance, but noooooo you had to wait until this happened."

"Uh, you okay?" Heero asked softly, trying not to scare her. She jumped and the books spilled out again. She looked up to glare at himóbut instead of another girl he saw Relena.

"RELENA?" Heero asked, sputtering, surprised. "Since when do you know those curses?"

"Heero?" Relena asked, squinting in the sunlight. "What are you doing here?"

"Never mind," he said, helping her pick up the books. His hand rested on the book she was reading.

"Are you enjoying it?"

"Excuse me?" Relena asked, startled, to see he was holding Tolkenís Lord of the Rings.

"Are you enjoying the book?" He asked again, a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Yes," Relena answered, placing everything hastily back into her demented bag. "Thanks for helping."

Heero was shocked; he never saw this side of Relena. She was usually so quiet and shy. Here, she was up front and loud, almost like she acted that way on purpose.

He then realized that she had a Korn choker and had Blink 182 stickers over her binders.

"Korn?" He asked, frowning. "Since when do you like them?" He felt like he never knew this girl: that he just met her for the first time.

"Well, since I heard one of their songsÖand same with Blink. I really like them, but need to listen to them on CDís or Millardo would kill me," laughed Relena, tossing her honey-coloured hair over her shoulder.

"You hairó?" Heero sputtered, staring at it. "Thereís red in it!"

"Did I just hear the Great Perfect Soldier stutter?" Relena teased. "Yes, I streaked my hair with Kool-Aid."

Heero was speechless. Then he blurted out what had been on his mind, "why are you so shy and here you are soÖso, loud!?"

"I guess Iíve never gotten to allow people to see my wild side. Iím always branded as ëMiss Relena Peacecraft, heir to Sank Kingdomí, and never as ëRelena Darlian, the Vice Foreign Ministerís daughterí," Relena laughed, her voice sounding so innocent. "I want people to know Iím not a little school girl that does everything people ask. Iím not innocent. But Iím also not too loud or a slut. I just want to have fun, Heero."

Heero stared at her. Confessing? Her? The truth? ëNo way,í Heero thought, shocked.

"Are you really like this?" Heero gapped at her.

"Ask me to the dance and youíll find out," Relena said slyly, and Heero couldnít resist that charm and flirtatious smile.

"Relena, would you go to the dance with me?"

"Gladly, Heero, gladly," she said, then began to read again, wrinkling her nose as she got into the book.

Heero then walked along, almost home. He fell onto his couch, and thought about Relena. He knew they could wear whatever they wanted to the dance, and he was afraid of this. ëWhat is she going to wear?í He thought, thinking of later tomorrow night, Saturday. Relena would be waiting, with a surprise. Then he groaned.

"I canít believe! She half-tricked me!" Heero cried, slapping a hand over his eyes. "I have to sing a duet in front of the whole gym with her!"

********

Relena smiled serenely as she got Heero to go to the dance with her. ëGuess heíll learn to sing soon enough,í she thought, as the bus pulled up and she began her way home.

********

THE PIECE OF PAPER THAT RELENA POSTED UP:

WELCOME ONE AND ALL! THERE WILL BE A DANCE TOMORROW AT NIGHT IN THE GYM AT 8:00 PM. ALL THOSE COMING WITH A DATE ARE REQUIRED TO SING A DUET, AND THE STUDENT COUNCIL WILL ONE BY ONE (ALONG WITH FRIENDS IF WANTED) A SONG IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL. SEE YOU TOMORROW NIGHT, ALONG WITH YOUR DATE!

 

Wadda think? The next part is coming soon, which is the party scene! Hope you enjoy!