Disclaimer: You know the drill.

Author's Notes: Sorry if you get queasy about this sort of thing.

Dedication: To my dad, who used to make me file autospy reports in his client's files at his office, thus giving me a greater knowledge of the subject than I ever thought I would need until I started this story.

****

Close Your Eyes
by Kristen Elizabeth

****

Autopsy report for Heero Yuy.

Performed by Preventer Forensic Pathologist Jonathon Brimbsy, M.D. on March the fourteenth, After Colony 203.

Initial observations: Deceased is an Asian male, 22 years old, five foot nine inches, weighing in at 135 pounds. Cause of death is immediately recognizable. There are two sets of entry and exit wounds in the upper chest and back. A closer examination produced excessive gunpowder residue around the bullet holes and revealed cauterized flesh on one of the wounds. My first guess would be that the gun was fired with the barrel pressed against the victim's chest for the first shot and from a distance of no more than a foot for the second shot. Following the path of both bullets, we can conclude that they were both fired from the same direction and same general height. Other than these wounds, the deceased appears to have been in reasonably good physical health at the time of death.

Upper body internal results: The internal organs all weigh in at the proper amounts for the victim's stature. In the heart, there is the path of a bullet straight through the left atrium. Death was quick, if not instantaneous. Liver, kidneys, heart, pancreas, small and large intestines all appear to be normal. However, there are several large masses on the insides of the lungs. A biopsy was taken.

Biopsy results: Malignant tumors. There are no signs of radiation or chemotherapy.

Chemical results: Blood alcohol level is completely normal. No traces of any known illegal drugs or poisons. There were, however, significant amounts of codeine and morphine, both well within normal limits. Hypothetically speaking, the amount present in the bloodstream is consistent with that of a patient under a doctor's care.

Conclusions: Cause of death was most assuredly two gunshot wounds to the upper chest. However, given the results of the internal organ examinations, I would have to say the victim had no more than two to four months left to live without radiation therapy.

Post autopsy notes: The body was taken from the Preventer Medical Bay to a private funeral home for burial preparation.

****