I don't own gundam wing or any of the characters!

 

A Fantasy

Chapter one

 

A great hush settled upon the crowd as the young blonde girl walked slowly toward the great alter where the four lower counselors and the supreme elder sat above the crowd.

The girl looked questioningly at her mother. "It is true." The girl nodded and kept steadily walking. Stopping at the steps that led up to the highest parts of the alter, she knelt down and lowered her head toward the ground.

"So it is true then," the girl said never changing her position, her forehead almost touching the ground "I am to leave the village in pursuit of the people's mission, but elder forgive me but I must ask, why me? Why do I carry this responsibility?"

The oldest of the men looked up and smiled, "Relena you have been chosen for this mission because of a special prophecy that foretold a child of our village being born with the sacred mark on them. That symbol on your forehead is that sacred mark you are the child of that prophecy." The elder said calmly.

Suddenly Relena stood straight up from the place she knelt, all in the crowd gasped and whispered. "I cannot do this, this mission is too important to send some one like me. I am not even what could be considered a mage yet; elder I beg you send one of the master mages. This mission will require skills of a mage, and I am not that." Relena said hanging her head crying.

"How dare you show such blatant disregard for the supreme elder, your action had better not have offended the elder!" the counselor Wufei said.

Suddenly all became quiet as the elder descended the stairs to where Relena was standing; with a wave of his hand Wufei was silent.

"Don't worry child" the elder said as he smiled. "Now let's see what's on your mind"

Ah, you think you cannot do this for lack of skill, you also think that if you fail you will disgrace yourself and will not be able to return to your home.

"Relena don't be afraid, you can return home no matter what, and as for lack of skill there are those in the outside world who will help you, seek out a beast man, he can teach you, and Relena, do not forget the code of the mage." The elder said

"Thank you elder" Relena said bowing. "I will remember."

"I shall destroy nothing that I had a hand in creating." She thought to herself.

Relena turned from the elder's gaze and faced the crowd. Smiling she raised both arms in the air. "I shall accept this mission given to me by the tribe of Mali." Relena shouted.

The crowd went into an uproar with cheers and happiness. But Relena felt as if she would die. Suddenly Relena's best friend ran up. "OH! Lena you're so lucky I wish I could come, but I suppose I can't. I'll miss you!" Hildie said hugging Relena.

"I'll miss you too Hildie." Relena said with tear filled eyes.

An older woman walked up to the hugging pair, "Hildie," she said.

The two broke apart, Hildie bowed and walked away.

"Mother, I shall miss you and my brothers and sisters" Relena said holding back tears. Her mother smiled as Relena turned and walked away heading for the exit of their secluded village.

"Be safe, Daughter." Her mother said with a broken voice.

 

 

Well that's the end of the first chapter! And my first fanfic! Sooo, tell me what you think of it! I'm kind of open to constructive criticism but try not to be harsh! I'm sensitive! Thank you, Kittikat