Fantasy

 

Chapter 2

The old man quietly walked into the candle lit room. He stood in the corned and watched a with long brown hair practice his art, The arts of the mage. The boy summoned an antique crystal vase to him from across the room. It landed safely in his hands. He turned and faced the old man.

"What do you want?" the boy asked the old man.

The old man chuckled and turned from the boy. "I'm just checking to see if this is what you really want to do." The old man said.

"Just because I actually want to help the people, and I mean the people who don't own a large farm, doesn't mean I'm not making a good decision. Don't you even think about the people who are poor out there? The ones dying of the plague, who cant afford to heir a mage to make them a cure? I do!" The boy screamed at the old man as he attempted to walk out of the room.

The old man held out his arm in front of the boy.

"Duo, is this about your mother?" the old man asked

"would it matter? I really don't think you ever cared about her! As a matter a fact, I think you were ashamed of her, of what she was. But I wont let you make me feel bad. I know you were relived when she died." Duo yelled at his father.

"you must know that isn't true, I was sad when your mother died, but life goes on duo! You can not bring her back, magic cant do that no matter how powerful you become." His father argued.

"I know that. I do, but I can help the people that she used to live with, the poor, common people. And I know that you will never admit that I am your real son, because then you would have to explain who my mother was, and you wont risk your reputation. So from now on I will just leave you to your thoughts." He said as he once again tried to leave.

His father blocked him again.

"It would ruin us duo! You can hide your unusual feature, but your mother, there was no denying it! If anyone knew what you are, or that I loved your mother we would have nothing! We would be peasants! I would have everything that I was to ever gain stolen away." The old man said on the verge of tears.

"well, I hope the money is worth it father, but this is also something I have to do. I will see you again I assure you. But for now its goodbye." Duo said as he walked out the room.

"WAIT! Duo wait!" his father called after him. Duo stopped and turned, he faced his father.

"I know that you don't like the lifestyle you lead, and I know that you don't like having money, but I insist that you take this with you, you may need it in the future. And I would also like to tell you, whether or not people see you as adopted or no, you are my son and that's what matters. You are my real son and I love you" the old man said as he handed duo a heavy bag of gold.

He took the bag and turned away.

"I love you too father" he whispered as he walked away.

@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#

Yay! That is the end of chapter 2! Sorry to anyone who really got into this fic! First restriction and then my evil computer got a virus! Grrr! Any who! I hope to have this fic finished soon, and I should be able to. There are no report card so I cant be put on restriction and my computer has been replaced with one that does not mess up so bad soooo! Later and thanx 4 reading !

kittikatt