Okay, first off IíM SO SORRY it took this long to come out with Chapter 3. But Iíve been extremely busy since starting a new high school. My midterms are almost on me, and I have to study for them while getting my homework done, preparing my science project for states, and working in between mock trial and forensics. The little free time I have to myself isnít enough to write in, and even if it was I couldnít. School is just living hell with new people, and some of them I happen to not want to fight with. I know you all need an explanation for my disappearance off the face of the Earth, so this is why Iíll be writing a fic with the GW characters, but basing it on my life at school, or life in general. Over Christmas break I should be able to get out the next chapters of And Never Let Her Go and Learning to Love Again and start on this. So expect quite a bit out from me before the New Year, or in the beginning of. Also, I realize the last chapter was mostly talk, but I had to build up to whatís coming and I think this will be more detailed. Once again, this is a PG-13 for language and the normal stuff. Just enjoy and review. And once again, thank you to all those who do review.

Disclaimers: I donít own it (Would I really need to write this if I did?); Iím just playing with them. I swear. Eventually, as much as I donít want to, I will return them.

And Never Let Her Go

Chapter Three



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Relena shut the door to her office, having just returned from another exhausting meeting. She sighed and set down the new stack of paper work next to her computer. When were these people going to grow up and stop placing all their burdens on her shoulders? Or at least listen to her ideas, stop arguing and make her job easier? She wasnít thinking it would be anytime soon.

ëHeero, where are you? You said you come, now hurry up. I need a break.í

Relena leaned out of her office door to speak with her secretary.

"Lynn, how long before my next meeting?"

"You donít have anything until five. That gives you about four hours."

"Thanks Lynn. Will you send Heero in when he gets here? You can have the rest of the day off after that."

"Sure thing. Thanks boss."

The door closed behind Relena.

ëWonder what thatís all about. Well, I wonít worry about her business and think about what I can do until Mark gets homeÖí

"Hello Lynn, Iím here forÖ"

"Relena. Go on in Heero, sheís already given permission."

"Thanks Lynn."

Heero entered the office and Lynn left with a small smirk on her face.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 

Duo walked down the hall towards Relenaís office, a stack of new documents for her to look over in his arms. He shifted the stack to speak to Lynn, only to discover she wasnít there.

ëOh well, if Relena isnít there, Iíll just leave them on her desk.í

He shifted the papers to his knee and moved to open the door, but a pair of familiar voices stopped him. He set down the papers and bent down to listen through the keyhole.
 
 

"Oh Heero, Iím so glad you came. I know my brother wonít approve, but I need this release so bad. Iíll pay you, of course."

"You know thereís no need for that. Itís not like weíre still fifteen."

ëWhat the hell?í Duo thought. ëYou donít need to pay me like when we were fifteen? Was Heero aÖ.í

"Maxwell! What are you doing? You were sent to deliver papers."

Duo hit his head off the doorknob at the sound of the voice.

"Gah, Wu-man, donít do that! You scared me!"

"Serves you right, spying like a woman instead of doing your jobÖ"

"SSH!" Duo hissed. "Theyíll here us."
 
 

"Youíre sure? I still feel like I owe you."

"Donít worry, I get enough just seeing you happy. But are you sure this is where you want to do it?"

"Yes, this is the only place we can lock the door and get it done. Thereís always someone at the house and the last time we were at your place Duo found us. This is our only choice."

"Okay. This is some pretty heavy duty stuff, you need to take it all off."

"Well, help me, silly. I canít do it all in my condition, can I?"

"Of course not, Iíll help."

"Ah, Maxwell, you are truly sick."

"What has he done this time, Wufei?"

Both Wufei and Duo jumped at Quatreís voice, Duo banging his head off the doorknob once again.

"Damnit Quatre! Why do people keep sneaking up on me?" Duo whined.

"Duo, whatÖ"

"SSHH!"

Ooh! This is bigger than I remembered!"

"But fully equipped and completely versatile."

"Show me."

"Of course."

"Duo, Duo, Duo." Quatre shook his head in amusement.

"What!? You expect me to just walk in, deliver the papers and walk out? This is the second time and Heero will kill me."

"What are you dying for now?"

"Argh!" Duo banged his head again. "I should have expected that. Trowa, what the hell are you doing?"

"I should be asking that to all of you. You disappeared one by one and I wondered what was going on. May I ask whatís so interesting about the door to Relenaís office?"

"Trowa, Ssh! I didnít hear what Heero said!"
 
 

"Ooh! Thatís amazing! Howíd you do that?"

"Slow down, Relena. Iíll do it again."

"Auh!"

"Like that? Thereís more."

"I can hardly wait."
 
 

Trowa cocked an eyebrow and sighed.

"What?" Duo asked.

"Ridiculous. Duo, Iím not surprised, Quatre, I thought better of you, but WufeiÖ. You Wufei, Iím downright shocked. Isnít that dishonorable?"

"Whatís dishonorable?"

This time, everyone jumped. Milliardo did NOT need to hear this.

"Um, uh, the stain on this carpet! Wufei, clean up your mess, itís dishonorable to leave it for the weak cleaning onnas!" Duo invented.

Milliardo raised an eyebrow. "Youíre hiding something."

"Us?" Quatre feigned indigence. " What would we have to hide?"

"I donít know, but whatever it is, it's behind Relenaís office door."

Milliardo stepped closer in time to hear the next part of the conversation.
 
 

"Ugh, Heero, this isnít working!"

"Thatís because you forgot the lubricant."

"Oops, silly me. Iím too excited."

"Concentrate. This is a group effort."

"Sorry. Auh, complete!"
 
 

Milliardoís eyes widened in rage. He burst through the door, causing Heero and Relena to look up. Relena sat cross-legged on her recently cleared desk, Heero in the chair behind her. A newly erected model of Wing Zero sat in between them. All eyes turned to Duo, who laughed nervously and walked into the office.

ëHey Lena, I got some papers for ya. Now that you have them, Iíll be going now. See ya later!" And Duo promptly bolted out the door.

Milliardo glanced back to find the same murderous glare in Trowa, Quatre, and Wufeiís eyes.

"DUO!!"
 
 

Heero and Relena exchanged identical glances of confusion.

ëWhat was that about?"

"Search meÖwait.."

Relena met Heeroís gaze, understanding. "DUO!!"

Heero promptly joined the others in the chase. It didnít take him long to find them, all he had to do was follow Duoís frustrated cryís. It didnít take him long to catch up, either. It wasnít long before heíd passed the others and cornered Duo in the meeting room. Stuck between Heero and the table, Duoís only choices were over the table or under the table, either of which was a risk. ëUnder the table is the biggestÖtoo many chairs in the way. Iíll go over.í He figured being in the room with an angry Heero was a risk any way you looked at it and was better to try to escapeÖright? He slowly moved back against the table, pressing his ass into the chair and slowly sliding up onto it. Heero stepped forward for every step Duo moved backward.

"I have you now." Heero smirked. "Thereís no where to run and hide. Now, maybe youíd like to tell me why you were spying?"

"Spying? Man, I had to deliver papers. I was just waiting for my chance to go in, when she had the chance to read over them."

"Bullshit. You were spying."

"N...no I wasnít." Duo scooted further onto the chair, and up onto the table. Heero caught the slight movement and grabbed Duoís ankle, making Duo to yank further back, rolling onto the table and into the stack of newspapers. Duo rolled off the table with a thump, dragging several of the newspapers with him. He moved to push himself up and run, but a headline caught his attention. He stopped dead.

"H-Heero... HEERO!" Duoís voice faltered, then got more urgent. Heero stopped in mid-punch, hand positioned above Duoís face. "Oh, a last word or two before you die?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. "L-l-look at the paper." Duo stuttered, pointing at the headline. Heeroís quirked eyebrow went down to join the other in a look of frustration.

"Stalling isnít going to save you, Maxwell." This time Duoís face hardened in anger.

"Heero, Iím serious, look at the goddamned paper!" He snapped. Heero kept his mask of anger firmly in place.

"This had better not be a joke MaxwellÖif you run..." Heero slowly moved his eyes from Duoís to the paper and read the headline Duo had pointed out. His eyes slowly widened as the meaning behind it hit him. They knew. They and all hell was going to break loose. Under a bold headline was a picture of Relena greeting the Prime Minister for the New Years celebration to be held the next evening. As she was facing the Minister and the picture had been taken from the side, her slowly rounding stomach was visible. Heero read the headline again, not sure he had read the words right. But they remained the same as the first time. Vice Foreign Minister Pregnant. Father unknown. He scanned the rest of the page. Of course, such a story as this was on the front page, and took up most of it. His well trained eyes picked up parts of the article, guesses as to just how far along Relena was, speculations to who the father wasÖ Heero didnít want to read anymore. He slowly pushed himself off of Duo and stood, crunching the paper in his hands.

"We have to report this." His voice was low and commanding. There would be no question, if there were someone to blame, Heero was going to find and punish them. The mask of the Perfect Soldier that Duo thought had vanished was back, firmly in place.

"Letís go." Heero commanded. Duo rose, but looked at Heero questioningly.

"Heero buddy, you sure you donít want to sit down first? Calm yourself down a little?" Heero just gave him a blank stare.

"Iím fine, Duo. This needs to be reported NOW." Despite Heeroís calm tone, Duo was unconvinced. He knew Heero was worried, but wouldnít show the weakness. He still wasnít completely free of the soldierís training and logic. But Duo didnít argue, he knew it was pointless. "Alright man, whatever you sayÖ"
 
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 

The paper slammed down on the desk, under Millardoís angry fists. His ice blue eyes held a furious fire not seen since the Eve Wars. He looked up at Heero and Duo, anger, frustration and worry apparent on his face all at once.

"How did it get out?" He asked. It was a simple question, and even though his voice was deadly soft, they both felt the emotion behind it.

"It has to be a mole." Heero stated. "Until now, no one outside this office knew of Relenaís pregnancy. Since it says father unknown, it was most likely someone not particularly close to Relena, a lesser part of the preventers, who wouldnít know of the relationship between Relena and myself. Also someone closely related to the control of Relenaís publicity. It would take a very well-trained eye to notice the slight difference in the size of her stomach, unless given the tip-off to photograph her from the side."

The perfect Soldier had completely taken Heero over again, Duo noted. Even if he spoke in full sentences now, they were devoid of emotion, just based in fact and logic. Milliardo nodded, understanding that logic.

"Relena needs to be removed from office now, before this blows up in her face. She canít be here when everyone finds out." Heero sated the obvious, his mask still firmly in place.

"Finds out what? Is there some kind of danger Iím in?" The three men jumped at the sound of Relenaís voice in the doorway. Heero let the mask fall and tried to look normal, while Duo turned around, flashed Relena a bright smile and hopped up on the desk, hiding the paper underneath him.

"Hiya, ëjousan, what brings you down this end of the office?" He asked her, the fake smile plastered across his face.

"I need to speak to my brother about what heíll be covering once I take my leave next week. Now, why must I leave? Whatís happened?" Relena wasnít fooled by duoís casual act; the conversation had been too intense to be nothing serious, as duo was making it out to be.

"Nothing to concern your pretty little head about ëjousan. Itís near lunch time, Heero, why donít you take her to the cafeteria and Iíll deal with this, ok?"

ëNo Duo, I wonít go. I want to know whatís going on." Relenaís face hardened and she fixed Duo with a searching stare. "Duo, what are you sitting on?" She asked, squinting at the corner of the paper sticking out from under Duo.

"This?" Duo looked at the paper like he didnít know it was ever there. ëNothing. Well, duh, itís something, but just whatever Blondie over here was working on." Duo gave Milliardo a whack on the back. Relena scowled again.

"Likely story." She muttered, and walked around to the side of the desk, opening the drawer. Heero caught the gleam in a second.

"Duo, watch it, she has scissors." He warned. Duo gave a small squeak and scuttled backwards, falling off the desk. He hit the floor with a thud, and moved away from Relenaís feet.

"NO! Donít cut it! I promised I never would!" Duo crawled even further away from Relena and the gleaming scissors. Relena stopped, a puzzled look on her he face.

"You what?" She asked.

"I promised Iíd never cut it! To Sister Helen, right before she died! PLEASE donít touch it!" He cried, back further away, almost out the door in his panic. Relena stopped, put the scissors on the desk, and looked Duo in the eye.

"Iím sorry Duo." She said sincerely. "I didnít know. I just wanted to see what was under your-" she trailed off, and Heero and Duo mentally swore. In the confusion of Duoís escapades, no one had removed the paper, and now Relena had seen the headline. She acted calm, but Heero noticed the little things like her pursed lips and arched eyebrows, signs she was upset. Keeping his voice even, he said, "Iím sorry you had to find out like this, but now do you see why we have to get you home? We canít have you here when the press gets here. We need to leave now."

"Too late." Duo said from the window. "Theyíre already here."
 
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

TBCÖ Ooo, cliffhanger. Nice way to end a chapter after a long wait, ne? Well, with midterms coming up the 16th and 18th, I donít know when the next pieces of work will come out, but it will be after January, thatís for sure. Drop me a mail at Heero_obbsessie@hotmail.com whether you liked it or not
 
 

Ja!

Haruka Kou