Made of You: Prologue

by Kysra

 

~ I came a long way

From out of nowhere ~

 

Heero took in his surroundings with a wary eye, noting possible escape routes should something violent occur, as he moved with catlike grace and ease through the darkened mansion.

 

Memories of the past came to the fore as he did so, his history with a certain honey blonde playing with startling clarity in his mind's eye. He could remember clearly how her eyes had betrayed her concern for him, a boy that had fallen out of the sky, into the ocean, only to be discovered by her . . . and he had run . . . only to return out of nowhere to rescue her again and again . . .

 

~ I stand before you

All alone ~

 

He stood at the door, the knowledge that the goal of this mission lay in wait just beyond it. Reaching for the slightly tarnished gold plated knob, he wondered briefly why he had even taken this project on. He had always been alone, never wanting help, never allowing himself to be dependent on someone else, but she . . . she had changed that . . . He didn't want to be alone anymore, didn't want to be without her.

 

Needing to see his mission fulfilled to its conclusion so that he could focus on more serious business, he turned the knob slowly, wincing when the damn thing let out a small squeaking sound that was probably very quiet but seemed to him as loud as a thunder clap. With slight pressure, he opened the door to his goal. There in the center of the expansive room was a bed and atop the satin covered mattress was the form he had so yearned to see. Relena.

 

~ Like a wolf's cry in the distance

I heard the calling

Of your soul ~

 

Padding on silent feet to the bed, Heero reflected on what had drawn him to her in the first place. From the moment he had first left the colonies to come to Earth where the fateful meeting had occurred, Heero had unconsciously known that something pivotal was going to happen on the planet of his origins. He could admit that now. His soul . . . something he had been denying he even possessed was crying out for something only the Earth could give him, and another soul, one that still held a true innocence in the ways of life and humanity, answered his. It was truly a twist of fate which had found the two of them on the same beach at the same time, a time when their circumstances would cause a need to burn within both spirits for the other.

 

~ Oh . . . I hear you cryin' ~

 

He had never been one to express himself outwardly, preferring to keep his emotions locked up within where no one could exploit them. His world was wrought with danger and held no room for someone as pure as her, and after he had finally admitted to himself what she meant to him, he had to also accept that they could never be together as long

as war existed, as long as his enemies were alive, as long as his inner self was at war with itself . . .

 

Dropping to one knee beside the bed, he looked upon that angelic face, the blue eyes that had captured him from the first glance were closed to his vision. Golden hair spilled over the white pillows and held silver highlights as the moonbeams fell upon her form. She looked like an angel, and Heero felt something in his chest tighten painfully at the thought of leaving her.

 

A new mission . . . the last of his short life, he was sure. He hadn't wanted to come back, but as soon as he heard what the misson entailed, he knew he wouldn't be returning here or anywhere else. The thought of just dying without one more memory of her didn't sit well with him, and that was when he knew that he had lost the internal war.  Somehow, despite every mechanism he had set within himself to protect his heart from becoming hers, he had failed. He had fallen in love with Relena, and now that he had realized it, he had to leave her. He knew that if he actually said goodbye while she was awake, he would never be able to stand her tears, never be able to resist her pleading, for no matter how strong Relena was he knew she was ruled by her emotions.  It was one of the reasons he loved her so much.

 

~ With your love

Show me how to live

'Cause you are made of me

And I am made of you ~

 

When had she become everything to him? When had she become his life? He imagined it had begun when they first met, but what had really opened his eyes to this extraordinary girl was the encounter on the platform . . . the same day he had first met Duo. She had stood firm in the face of his gun, her stubborn bravery something that had inspired a grudging respect within him even if he had considered her an obstacle, someone that needed to die for the simple crime of seeing his face and wrecking whatever anonimity he had. However, she had surprised him by trying to protect him from Duo, and further shocked him by binding his wounds by tearing her new party dress.  It had amazed him

that someone he had just met and outright threatened to kill would care about his well-being.

 

In that one moment, she had shown him something that before had held no classification in his world of violence and emotional void: life. He caught a glimpse of what it was to live, care, . . . love, and despite his better judgement, he had felt a disturbing yearning for that feeling. From that point, she was inexplicably a part of him just as much as he

was a part of her.

 

Giving into a temptation that had existed for some time but he had always staunchly refused to acknowledge, Heero reached out and caressed a smooth cheek, and winced when he saw her eyelids flutter open and focus on him.

 

~ With your life

Show me how to give

You are made of me

And I am made of you ~

 

Startled, Relena levered herself up on her elbows, never breaking eye

contact with the man before her.

 

"Heero??" she whispered, questioning. Could he have come to kill her for real this time? She didn't think so, but where Heero was concerned, one was never really certain. Fear, however, was never an option when facing him, only a bitter regret that things couldn't be different, a longing to be with him forever.

 

With something unidentifiable in his eyes, Heero stood up still looking down at her calm face. The years had been good to him, his muscular torso filling out the well-worn green tanktop which was standard for Heero. He had replaced the black spandex with jeans for this nocturnal visit, and his brown hair was as unruly as ever. His face, while youthful, was still frozen in its emotionless expression, but his eyes, those gorgeous Prussian blue eyes of his were open and reflected the feelings of his heart and soul.

 

Sitting up, Relena waited patiently for him to explain why he was there in the first place (not that she wasn't happy he was there mind you, but waking up with the man of your dreams next to your bed when no one was supposed to be able to get into the house from the get-go . . . well, it was just a tad of an awkward situation).

 

He stared at her silently, debating with himself whether to just leave as quietly as he had come, or tell her what it was he had wished to say to her sleeping form. He took a step back when Relena swung her legs over the bed, and swallowed hard when he saw her attire in the full light of the moon. Her arms and shoulders were bare, her white silk night gown held to her body by nothing but two impossibly thin spaghetti straps while the neck line plunged down, giving any viewer a tempting glimpse of cleavage. The plain shiny

fabric skimmed her curves to end at midthigh. Heero observed the glowing blush that rose to the girl's face as he studied her appearance intensely.

 

Relena stood and stepped cautiously toward him, hoping he would stay, praying he would allow her to just show him how much she had missed him these past months. Everytime he left, it became that much more frequent she cried herself to sleep at night when she was totally alone, when she didn't have to be strong for anyone but herself.

 

Upon the far wall, her shadow approached his, becoming one . . .

 

~ We'll walk together

Through the fire

Through the darkness

To the sun ~

 

"Heero, why are you here? Have you come to fulfill your promise?" Her innocent blue eyes looked up into his, only a suppressed love burning in their depths. She stood only a few feet away, allowing him enough space to escape should he begin to feel trapped while close enough to where all he had to do was reach out in order to touch her should he feel the desire.

 

"I . . . needed to see you," he whispered, the sound echoing through her awareness. He had decided to be honest with her without telling her the reason for it.  It would be his last gift to her.

 

Relena stepped up to him, raising a hand to his face. She needed to touch him, to make sure this wasn't some fantasy that would vanish with the sun. She needed to know he was really there with her, that he was truly saying what she had always wanted to hear.

 

For once, Heero decided to let his heart rule instead of his head. Wordlessly, Heero let one arm snake around her waist, pulling her roughly against him, her supple body fitting against his.  She gasped, feeling his hard body against her soft one, and Heero took advantage of the moment, leaning his head down to take her lips with his own.

 

At the contact, a burst of light filled Heero's awareness as her scent filled his nostrils, surrounding him, enfolding him in her essence, her life . . . In that one kiss, he could feel her very soul reaching out to him, beckoning him, and he was a willing captive to that call, soaring with her in their own private universe.

 

~ Like two raging rivers full of passion

At the ocean

We are one ~

 

In a haze of passion, their clothing disappeared, shed slowly yet with seeming haste, and then Heero was laying her on the bed, his lips and hands taking precedence in her mind. The sensations he was producing were heavenly and more than she had ever imagined, even in her most daring, erotic fantasies. She moaned and writhed under his ministrations, never questioning this moment, never once fearing what this unguarded act could possibly mean.

 

Heero was lost in her. He worshipped her body with his own and revered her spirit with his soul.  The sound of her breathy moans were enough to convince him that this was right for her, that he wasn't taking advantage of her. He had no intention of making love to her when he had decided to come, but she had always been able to weaken his resolve just by her mere presence. Surprisingly, he didn't want to stop where this was going, didn't want to leave without giving himself to her.

 

The two lovers floated in the sea of desire, giving in to their every whim, touching and tasting of each other until the moment of culmination was upon them. Heero thrust into her, their bodies joining as their souls united as one.

 

~ Oh . . . I hear you cryin' ~

 

Their voices mingled together as they cried out each other's names, bodies still joined. Relena looked up into his face, hovering above her own, and smiled as tears of happiness slid down her face.

 

"Stay with me?" Relena whispered and Heero nodded silently, rolling over to lay beside her, his arms wrapped protectively around her. She snuggled up to him, sighing contentedly, and he smiled a true smile for once, tears coming to his eyes as well. He felt complete.

 

~ I am made of you

You are made of me

And everything you are

Is what I'm meant to be ~

 

There in her arms, close to her, Heero knew he was home.  She was where he was meant to be.  She was the other half of his soul.

 

~ I am made of you

You are made of me

And everything I am

Is what you made of me ~

 

Wide awake, Heero lay in the darkness, Relena's head tucked under his chin as he held her to him, guarding her sleep. He reflected on the changes that had occured in him after their initial meeting. He now acknowledged and sought to understand and express the feelings inside of him that had once been condemning weaknesses. She had changed him, made him a better person, and he loved her for it.

 

~ Oh . . . I hear you crying

Oh . . . Through the darkness

To the light . . . ~

 

Dawn arrived quickly, illuminating the two in a yellow light. Heero stared down at his lover, burning her image into his mind to get him through the troubles ahead. Kissing her on the forehead, he untangled himself from her embrace carefully, trying his damndest to avoid waking her. That accomplished, he stared down at her with a soft smileunconsciously fixed on his face as he watched Relena whimper his name softly to bury her face in the pillow he had just vacated.

 

He began to dress silently, hoping Relena would stay asleep until he had gone. She had pulled him from darkness, but he would not wait to see her light be extinguished.  He would not wait to see her tears.  He wasn't worth it.

 

~ With you love

Show me how to live

'Cause you are made of me

And I am made of you ~

 

Running a hand through his unruly hair, Heero took a step toward the door, but was stopped by the sound of his name. Relena was awake. He turned to face her, his face once again the emotionless mask that had served him so well in the past, but Relena wasn't fooled.

 

Rubbing her eyes, the blonde girl sat up in bed, not caring that the sheet had fallen, exposing her nakedness to Heero's gaze. Her love-filled eyes held his as silence stretched out between them.

 

~ With your life

Show me how to give

You are made of me

With your heart

Show me what is true

'Cause you are made of me

And I am made of you ~

 

"Promise me that you'll be careful Heero. That's all I ask," Relena bit her lip until it bled to keep the tears burning her eyes in check.

 

Heero took a deep breath, "I promise."

 

Relena nodded, wrapped the sheet around her body and proceeded to approach him, "Will you come back to me? I . . . I don't know if I could stand it . . . if things went back to the way they were." Her confession warmed him and he wanted -- no, needed -- to give her comfort in return, and in another lapse of rationality he kissed her,

 

"It won't."

 

~ With your soul

Walk my spirit through

You are made of me

And I am made of you ~

 

As a last ditch effort to give her some sort of closure, Heero kissed her again, letting all the love, fear, and hope he felt pour into her. He felt a little thrill when he broke the kiss to find her breathless.

 

"Aishiteru, Relena."

 

Then, with one last goodbye kiss, Heero was gone. Relena stared at the door, her face set in a neutral expression. She turned around the go back to bed but broke down into a sobbing wreck when her eyes fell on the location of last night's bliss . . . her bed. How would she ever be able to sleep without Heero now?

 

Tears streaming down her face, hands gripping the sheet tightly, Relena collapsed on the bed, burying her face in Heero's pillow, breathing in his musky scent. His parting words to her echoed in her mind, but her spirit found no joy in it. The only thing she knew was that Heero was gone again, and it was tearing her soul apart. She needed him to make her whole.

 

~ Oh . . . I hear you crying

Through the darkness

To the light . . . ~