Masterpiece Conspiracy

"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can and keep moving..."

~ Ulysses S. Grant

 

Prologue

AC 199

Evil eyes behind their smiles

It was from Hell, no other place could a savage such as that be spawned. It resembled an angel, yet, was not pure. It resembled a god, yet, was not holy. She created the mental image of the monster being a minion of Satan, sent by him to destroy all she held dear.

Metallic black wings gleamed in the afternoon sun; they held the look as if each tip of every feather had been dipped in liquid silver. Its eyes were a striking mechanical crimson shimmering from within an ebony and sterling frame. The tension it seemed was so thick between their locked gaze that it burned the air around them and made her own eyes want to bleed.

You swallow it up with sincerity lies

She stumbled backward as panic began to set in just beneath her skin. It messed with her conscious and clogged up her brain. It made her thoughts seem jumbled and distorted.

The impact of the monster's landing forced her to her knees. With each step it took it seemed that the Earth, just like herself, was also quivering with fright. Her hands were planted firmly against the marble flooring in an effort to keep from being knocked around.

Then through the fog and mists of her mind came one thought born of both calm and alarm..."Am I going to die?"

Lock me up, label me 'dangerous files'

"Come, Noin. They'll certainly need us."

"But Zechs!" she protested whilst stealing a glance at the blaring screen behind her. She turned back to her partner with navy blue eyes glazed over with the tears she refused to shed. "What about Relena?"

With the look she saw in his eyes, it made him seem so wise and ancient. When he spoke, it was said in a tone just barely above a whisper, "Hope, Noin. That is all we can do, now."

Fear of the unknown, so scared of my style

The only warning she had was of the stranger screaming her name until she felt his body slam into her. The force of the assault made them roll away just as the sound of crashing metal and shattering glass breached her ears.

Groggily, she blinked open her eyes to look at her assailant, and aquamarine irises stared into fear laced indigo orbs.

Alert the press and address the states of emergency

Preventer Headquarters was in chaos.

Lady Une's voice announced orders to the technicians on the computers and the security detail. Soldiers ran in an unorganized frenzy searching for an escape, for hope, for answers.

We the crew you love to hate

Two Gundams were stationed in front of the Earth Sphere United Nations Council Building. They stood there unbreathing, nonliving and intimidating to anyone who looked upon them.

The first was painted different shades of red and orange; it was colored in a way that made it hold the expression as if it were made of fire not metal. It was armed with a double barrel cannon on one arm and a knife on the other.

The next was pigmented by shades of blue and green. It was armed with a hypo-thermic* energy weapon in the style of a turquoise trident being carried in the machine's right hand while the left was armed with three long silver claws that came and slightly curled over the gray fist. It appeared to somewhat resemble a dragon.

"You have been ordered to release and hand over all weapons," came a feminine tone from the first mecha. "I repeat, you have been ordered to release and hand over all weapons."

First mistake, you were never ready

The panels glowed with an eerie black- violet light around him. His eyes darted left to right scanning orders as they scrolled across the screens. His lucid fingers nearly flew across the keyboard by their intense inhuman speed.

For a man that felt nothing, any emotion, he began to experience guilt as he thought about the shattered kingdom. The world's only prayer, only hope of surviving would once again land on her shoulders.

"Relena..."

Dance with the dead...

She heard a terrible noise. It was the kind of noise that played on your fears and grated on your nerves. Her body began to tremble from underneath her bodyguard, who looked down on her grasping tighter.

"Don' worry, 'Jousan. I won' let anything happen t' y'; I promise."

She nodded her head numbly as crystal tears coursed from her eyes.

... Better be ten times more deadly

Relena forced herself to move her head to look for the origin of the sound. Then what she saw pierced her very heart. A split had begun to mare to walls from the floor steadily moving upward. As soon as it had reached the ceiling, many more had formed following in the same direction that their predecessor had wandered in.

"Holy God," whispered her protector in a mix of awe and horror, "It's gonna fall..."

This is me, I'm always the same

He heard the vernea engines and the ground's hard jolt as another Gundam landed next to his own. A melodic female voice came through his communications system.

"Is it over, yet?"

"No, just beginning. Now, all we have to do is wait."

Virus in the system, crash the mainframe

"Lady Une! We are intercepting a transmission from Mars!"

Zechs, she thought as her chocolate eyes widened somewhat. "Put it through!"

Then his image showed onscreen looking weary and not like the Lightning Count. He looked haggard and drawn, far beyond his age. He reminded her of a tired old man instead of a tired young soldier.

"Lady Une..."

"Hello Zechs, I am relieved to see that they did not attack Mars."

"I am also relieved to see that you are still alive, as well." He looked away from her as screams of his identification reached his ears and aroused his audience. Turning back, his expression changed from that of an elderly man to that of a fearful little boy. "Lady Une, it appears we..."

Static, cold unfeeling static resounded from the speakers as the screens twisted into a black and white snowfall. Murmurs of shock mingled with dread began to rumble over it. Une, however was furious.

"What happened?!" she screeched, turning to the technician closest to her. "Bring back the signal!"

"We- we're trying, M- Ma'am," he fumbled as he typed like a madman. "B- But the- the signal seems t- t- to have d- dis- d- d- disa- Ahhh!"

Suddenly, the lights began to flicker until they came back on. The white radiance turned to scarlet as if the rays were being shone from behind a veil of blood.

It did not help the fact that the sparks from the poor officer's terminal made the machinery blow a fuse causing the poor man's squeals to steadily rise in volume.

The shrieks from the Corporal and the color altering lights plunged every occupant of that chamber into the cryptic indentations where their bleakest aspirations resided. This truly was to be a day of reckoning and the worst was yet to acquire announcement of arrival.

All screens turned black as red letters scrawled across them. These same words were being spoken over the loudspeakers by a feminine voice no one recognized. The voice they did not have to know the name they knew well enough.

"You have just been injected and infected by the BLOOD Virus... Love, Kitty**..."

Uprise, now fall in line

She had always gone out of her way to avoid battle and war, but she constantly ended up in the middle of them. Now, it seemed that the war was being brought to her once more.

All she could do was cry as the walls much like her heart splintered more with every passing moment. All she could do was look back at her protection with glassy eyes. All she could do was utter his name as her 'invincible' fortress let out a great yearning discord.

It was all her concern could muster.

Roll with the pack or get left behind

Time stopped.

Fear clawed at each soul.

The Government's children*** drew collective gasps.

Mother Earth along with her innocent offspring witnessed history in process as the Cinq Kingdom's Palace surrendered under pressure. The ground claimed it with the Princess trapped inside its rubble enclosure.

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

Now, it seemed as if only God could save them from this nightmare.

I'd rather hear it from you then be lied to

The Winner Foundation was much like Preventers. Employees (mostly women) ran from one place to the next with no real destination in mind. The two people that stood completely obvious to the commotion behind them were Quatre Raberba Winner and Trowa Barton.

Tears slowly dropped from Quatre's eyes leaving small wet spots on his off- white dress shirt. His shoulders shook as a ragged sob coursed through his body. He bit his tongue to keep from wailing aloud as he gripped his chest as pain budded in his heart consistently increasing in its intensity.****

It was only the hand on his shoulder that gave him strength. It was only that warm hand that kept him from releasing everything.

Call it what it is like the heathens do

"Trowa..." slowly spoke out the Arabian's voice from between clenched teeth. "What are we going to do now?"

Trowa stared down at his unwaveringly struggling friend, feeling an excruciating sadness that he could not help him. He could only offer him honesty.

"I'm... not sure, Quatre. I'm not sure."

Red lights of betrayal, deceived again

Sapphire blue eyes watched solemnly from within the safety of his Gundam's cockpit. The contraption that used to be standing next to him was now reaping havoc on the broken kingdom.

It certainly looked as an underling in his army.

It resembled a mix of Deathscythe Hell Custom and his own mecha. It was painted in an array of black and silver. Its spiritless eyes were an ice blue that accented on the frost lined bat wings. The scythe it held in its fists was the same shade of its eyes.

Exposed by the light, true colors ascend

"Lady Une, we are retrieving another transmission!"

She turned silently to him her brows furrowing in slight confusion. "But... the virus..."

He interrupted her. Normally she would punish a soldier of her guard for such insubordination, but what he said next threw the thought completely from her mind.

"It's an enemy message, Ma'am..."

Take down the regime, break the trend

Two other Gundams landed outside of Preventer Headquarters, causing the building to shake under pressure, however, not harming the structure.

Frantically, another tech. managed to uncover one of the cameras and bring the vision up. Their superior stared in an expression of undoubted horror, not fully believing what she was seeing.

"My God... It's Epyon!"

It was as well in every aspect except the color. It was hued a dark, deep violet and the eyes were indigo shaded.

The other reminded her of Wing Zero (not Wing Zero Custom), but yet again the coloring was different. It was pigmented a silver, black, and royal red. The sphere- like gem in the middle its chest was red colored instead of emerald green and its eyes were the same cast as the gem.

Bumrushed by your peers, and your so- called friends

From the back of the control room, Wufei stared at the screen wearing his obvious disgust like a shield. He knew very well that Epyon had been destroyed. In truth, he did not even think it looked like Epyon. It occurred too feminine.

Or so it seemed to him.

He did not realize how accurately he had hit the nail on the head.

Keep your people tight...

Silence spread over Preventers in the Control Room like an immortal plague. Some shook in enunciated fear, including Sally Po.

She could never really remember being scared except for when she was a child. Now, she shivered in distinct foreboding next to her scowling Chinese partner. She tried to hide it; Wufei either not noticed her doing anything or he just chose to ignore her.

...Watch your enemies close

Without warning the two Gundams aimed their weapons at the building, a beam saver and a buster rifle. Despite that, the pilot of the first Mobile Suit, the one Relena had labeled a 'minion of Satan,' ordered them not to fire.

His image clicked on the Preventer's communications screen, but his features were hidden by the glare on his helmet by the panels in his cockpit.

"Hello, Lady Une..."

Trust what you know, soon enough they'll choke

Outside the ESUN Council Building, the pilots of those two mechanisms were getting tired of waiting. So the woman giving the orders to the Council began to threaten them.

"If our demands aren't met, we cannot guarantee your safety or that of the citizens of this town."

Where were you when we started this thing?

That voice, thought Lady Une self consciously not completely aware of the fact that she was thinking anything. That voice is so...familiar...but how?

No one but Sally saw Wufei stand up straighter.

No one but Sally saw Wufei's scowl turn dark and feral.

No one but Sally...

You weren't around, this ain't yours to claim

"Surrender, Miss Une," spoke out the pilot and she could plainly hear the amusement in his tone. "Resistance is futile."

She was really starting to hate that man.

You'll never take what's been given to us

Maybe they had a prayer before that moment, but it no longer mattered. For with a single syllable, their superior condemned all of their lives.

"No..."

Wipe that smile off your face and that look of disgust

The pilot adverted his head showing his mouth and the cold smirk that danced upon his thin lips.

It was that moment that Wufei snapped.

An animalistic growl escaped from deep in his throat. His lips pulled back to expose gritted teeth. His feline black eyes narrowed into dark angry slits. His body became terse and rigid as his skin took on a slightly flushed appearance.

He had not lost his sanity.

He was completely normal.

Sally did not believe so as she looked at him with wide blue eyes

He did not believe so himself.

He may have been the first to know who the pilot was, but soon they would all know, they would all see. Then and only then could they rest in peace.

Uprise, now fall in line

The unknown commander turned to his left to look off screen.

"Andy, Xena, commence op-"

"Let me see your face."

This must have caught him off- guard because he turned back to the leader of Preventers, barely stuttering. "W-What?"

"Let me... let us see your face. You at least owe us that much." It was spoken lowly as if she was having doubts about even saying it.

Roll with the pack or get left behind

It seemed even stranger when he sighed wordlessly complying to her request. Fluidly and almost hesitantly, he did as asked. Revealing tasseled brown hair and Persian blue eyes, he leveled his gaze onto Lady Une. Unspoken words were said between, and they meant more than any apology.

Two things happened.

If Wufei had been holding back, it did not matter. With a war cry he lunged but did not get far. Sally along with three other Preventers held him back from the front of the room. He was mumbling under his breath and his partner could catch some words such as, "Of all injustices... dishonorable..."

Lady Une bowed her head obvious to the scene going on behind her back. Symbolically, she offered him her defeat and words meant only for his ears alone, "So be it, Heero. I only wish it did not have to be like this."

"So do I, Lady..." The soldier mumbled in response.

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

It's a Masterpiece Conspiracy

"My name Alexander Heero Yuy, Jr., the grandson of the legendary Heero Yuy and currently second in command of the Delegation and Army of Red Baron.

"On behalf of my Grandfather, we are avenging upon his assassination. For decades the death of Heero Yuy has befallen the world in half- truths and whole- lies. Unlike what you were told the Organization of Zodiac, otherwise known as OZ, was not responsible for his demise.

"In truth, we are only waging war on the two influential families that carried out the terrible act. The world must only get involved because everyone has been brainwashed by these people's lies. In order to correct this, the world has to be cleansed.

Liar

"Someone once told me that she will one day figure out 'what it is that gives everyone the urge to fight.'***** She never has accomplished her goal according to my knowledge. She can only hope to understand her vow by realizing that each group has a different motive. This fact has been proven over recent years.

Back Stabber

"The Alliance hoped for global control. In OZ, Treize Kusheranada wished for world domination. In White Fang, Millardo Peacecraft thought that colonists were superior and dreamed for the destruction of the Earth. Mariemaia Kusheranada desired to follow in her father's footsteps, while my family wants revenge.

Deceiver

"Despite all of this, we are requesting that the Preventers, the ESUN, and all citizens of the Earth and the Colonies to surrender to demands. If you refuse to cooperate, death is an immediate consequence."

Liar

Heero looked back at the defeated Une as words came from his past, clogging his brain, making his vision swim as the screen clicked off.

You're such a Back Stabber

"Don't over do it. Like he's going to listen. Of course, he's going to over do it..."

You're such a Back Stabber

"Everything this guy does is thorough and well thought out. Everything Heero Yuy does..."

You're such a Back Stabber

"Is kindness necessary in a war?"

You're such a Back Stabber

"I need to determine for myself whether peace at the expense of lives can really be defined as peace. And I will become evil itself to find out..."

You're such a Back Stabber

"Destruction is a human nature that can never be gotten rid of..."

You're such a Back Stabber

"I'll live right to the bitter end... 'Til we meet again, Heero..."

You're such a Back Stabber

"You give me both hope and a reason to live. I'm sure the ones around you feel the same way..."

You're such a Back Stabber

"Seven blackbirds in a tree,

Count them and see what they maybe;

One for sorrow,

Two for joy,

Three for a girl,

Four for a boy,

Five for silver,

Six for gold,

Seven for a secret that's never been told..."

* * * * *

 

YES!!! I finished the Prologue! It took me so long! The song however did not inspire the story, believe it or not. The story was originally titled 'Conspiracy'. Of course then I heard the song and freaked out! The song gave me the idea to give the story a whole new plot but with the same themes.

This fanfic was really inspired by the mini- series 'La Belle Mafia' and the rest kind of went from there.

On a side note, the poem at the end will be cleared up in later chapters.

* In Episode Two: The Gundam Deathscythe they called Duo's scythe a hypo- thermic energy weapon. Think of Altron's pitchfork.

** The name Kitty will be cleared up, I'm thinking in Chapter One so be patient. It may take a while.

*** The phrase 'the Government's Children' is used by the Red Baron troops in Chapter One. I'm sort of iffy about that but don't worry it will be cleared up! I promise!

**** This sentence is referring to the fact that Quatre experiences empathy or feels other people's pain. This fact plays a vital role in the plot.

***** The person Heero is talking about is Relena and she did actually say that in The Glass Kingdom.

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or the song 'Masterpiece Conspiracy.' They both belong to their respected owners (Bandai and P.O.D.). However, the story does belong to me.