My Angel
Written by: Lady Eclipse
Lyrics from "Angel" were written and preformed by Aerosmith

 

 

 

Heero sat up in bed in quiet meditation. He stared down at the peacefully sleeping woman lying next to him in thoughtful wonder. Heero had not meant to stay the night with her, nor had he intended to do so for all of those countless past nights. However, when the sun set and he saw her to her door as his job demanded he found that he could not just walk away. It was frightening and yet strangely exciting to have completely lost control of his own actions. It had never happened before and never again with anyone else except for her. From the moment he had met her she had invoked in him an unnamed emotion born from respect, curiosity, and admiration. Those emotions evolved over time as fate would have their paths cross and he grew to know her. The emotions converged and left him even more bewildered with the new sensation that was left in their wake.

I'm in love
Yea I don't know if I can face the night.
I'm in tears
And the crying that I do is for you.

 

Heero reached down and gently stroked her cheek with a knuckle. She made a small sound and her eyebrows twitched dangerously but she did not wake. Heero smiled softly yet withdrew his hand in fear of waking her up. Relena seemed to never sleep and the responsibilities of being vice foreign minister often followed her to even to her dreams giving her little peace. It was for this moment; watching the great Relena Peacecraft, one time ruler of the world, in a state of sweet surrender without her diplomatic mask that made every night without worth it. Every night spent in the barracks awaiting missions or another day of ruthless training. Every night that he slipped into the darkness to strike lethally at anything he was commanded to. Every night that he questioned himself and the very world that had created him. The night that he had caught Relena at a vulnerable moment and realized what the cost of his outward hardness might be. Yet, Relena had managed to surprise him time and time again with an uncanny ability to see right to the core of him and understand him completely. That accompanied by an infinite amount of patience to let him meander through the days rediscovering his purpose.

I want your love
Let's break the walls between us.
Don't make it tough
I'll put away my pride
Enough's enough
I've suffered and I've seen the light

 

Ever since he had committed to surrendering to his love of her he had lost the ability to push her away even if it was for her own good. The moment he had kissed her Heero had shed the last of his desensitizing training and could return to the life he had forsaken for the purpose of retaining peace. Now, it was time for him to rediscover his own personal peace and serenity. It was time to put his remorse of mistakes to rest; to let that little girl and her puppy go. Somehow Relena's endless acceptance and understanding for a tainted past had released him of remorse for tragic mistakes.

 

Baby, you're my angel
Come and save me tonight
You're my angel
Come and make it alright

Don't know what I'm gonna' do
About this feeling inside
Guess it's true
Loneliness took me for a ride

Relena frowned in her sleep, her fist curling into a ball. 'Another bad dream...' Heero mused. He leaned down and brushed his lips against her forehead. Relena shifted and her eyes fluttered open. After a moment of sleepy disorientation, she managed to smile at him; the remnants of the dream lingering in her eyes.
"Thank you." She murmured. Heero nodded taking her into his arms and began to stroke her hair in a soothing manner. Relena snuggled up against him and let sleep retake her. She always slept peacefully in Heero's arms. 'I'll always protect you Relena, even from your own dreams.' Relena never asked for more of him than he was ready to give. She made no demands asking only with an unspoken plea that he remain honest with her and made no liberties with her fragile emotions. That was all that he could do for now; starting over was a hell of a lot harder than those simple words implied. So he did what he could and stayed true to the promise he had made to her three years ago.

Without your love
I'm nothing but a beggar
Without your love
A dog without a bone
What can I do?
I'm sleeping in this bed of love.

Baby, you're my angel
Come and save me tonight
You're my angel
Come and make it alright.

You're the reason I live
You're the reason I die
You're the reason I give
When I break down and cry
Don't need no reason why

Upon hearing Relena's breathing become slow and even Heero settled himself on the soft mattress while securely holding his beloved treasure to claim some sleep for himself. Tomorrow would doubtlessly be very busy for the young vice foreign minister and, in effect, for her silent bodyguard who lingered in the shadows watching carefully.

The future remained painfully uncertain for Heero, yet he could think of no better place to be right then was there in her room holding her and guarding her from her nightmares.

 

Baby, you're my angel
Come and save me tonight
You're my angel
Come and make it alright