Disclaimer: Well, let me see if I remember…hmm, how does that go again…oh, yeah. Gundam Wing and its characters do not belong to me. They belong to Sotsu, Bandai, Sunrise, and anyone else that I am unaware of or did not mention. I don’t know any of them personally, but I will forever be indebted to their brilliance and pure genius. The world they have created is so much fun to play in…hehehehe!

Author’s Note: I tried…I truly did, but I couldn’t stop the creative process from invading my dreams on a day-to-day basis. Although I am very gung-ho about finishing Legacies first, I am finding myself distracted by too many new ideas. I am afraid that this one…I could not ignore. To those of you still reading and reviewing Legacies (and you know who you are), I want to thank you for putting up with me. Your kind words and support have brought me to where I am in my writing. And I thank you immensely. I hope you enjoy this latest attempt at fanfic.

 

War’s Restitution by Luvspook

Prologue

 

Several months have passed since the brief uprising of the Barton Foundation, led by Mariemaia, the daughter of Treize Khushrenada. Thanks to the Preventer Group, the Earth Sphere Unified Nations remained at peace, and the ideals posed by the Barton Foundation, were forever silenced.

The former Gundam pilots were taken into the ranks of the Preventers, helping to once again, protect Earth and the colonies, against the threat of attack.

In recent weeks, though, rumors of a new threat have arisen…

 

"Phoenix…This is Water..." Heero Yuy’s communicator crackled to life; the static covered screen, hazing into an outline resembling that of fellow Preventer, Sally Po.

"This is Phoenix." He confirmed, abruptly, as his hands worked to sharpen the image. "Securing a line to .073…"

"I copy that Phoenix…matching that frequency…" Sally’s voice replied, the comm. link finally working its way into focus.

Sally Po smiled as the picture cleared on her end as well, and she was greeted with the familiar visage of cobalt blue eyes, which glared at her from beneath a mass of tangled mahogany locks.

Heero’s face was set in its usual no-nonsense expression, but his eyes appeared sullen and dispassionate, from what she could only assume to be lack of sleep.

"Heero, we have good news. It seems that the source where those containment blocks we found, originated from, is in your vicinity…"

"What are the coordinates?" Heero questioned, his demeanor seeming to perk up at the possibility of acquiring his latest targets.

"It’s from one of the new colonies…Colony Z-12195. But, Heero, the containment block that we examined had far more in it than what we initially expected, and it seems that we’ll have a bit more than just a few new mobile suits on our hands, this time."

"What do you mean?" Heero asked, his icy glare matching the chilled tone of his voice.

"The containment block was transporting what we have determined to be, some extremely volatile chemicals, but in crystalline form. The composition and chemical makeup suggests a dangerously high level of toxicity. Judging by the size of the shipment, I’d be willing to guess, it might even be enough to destroy an entire colony’s population."

Heero’s eyes narrowed at the thought, as if sorting out inside his mind, which question to ask first.

"Any ideas on who might have set it adrift?"

"Not yet." Sally replied. "Apparently Colony Z-12195 has a high scientific constituency. I suppose, it is possible that the block was meant to be disposed of, but…"

"But, not likely." Heero commented, dryly, finishing the thought. "What does Une think?"

"She’s devising plans for a complete grid-pattern search around that entire area of space. She wants to make damn sure that there aren’t more of these containment units, just floating around out there." Sally responded, sharply.

"I’m going to do a little searching of my own." Heero said, suddenly, the minuscule hint of inflection in his voice, quick to catch Sally Po’s ears.

"Heero…be careful. I may have underplayed the potential risk in this operation. The containment units that we found housed a special coolant system, which maintained the chemicals in a crystalline composition. However, with the right amount of heat applied, their structure could be altered. If that happens, we could be facing a serious threat…"

"That’s why we don’t have time to waste." Heero interrupted, his jaw set with firm determination.

"All right…" Sally sighed, defeated. "But I’m sending you backup this time."

She could immediately see the argument rising inside Heero’s mind, and quickly silenced him.

"I’m placing the highest level of priority on this…I’ll even get Une to sign off on it as an order, if I have to."

"…Hn…"

"Make sure you report in regularly. Keep us informed if you find out anything. And I mean anything…"

"Roger that." Heero replied, before the screen faded to black, leaving Sally alone with a heavy burden of fears.

"Good luck, Heero."

 

END

 

Okay, okay, I know the opening leaves a bit to be desired, but I’ve got big plans. Really, I do! **falls to hands and knees, shamelessly begging and groveling at the reader’s feet** Please, I promise it will get better. Please don’t stop reading…