Disclaimer: Okay! Okay! You got meNo, Gundam Wing does not belong to me. I'm just seriously disturbed enough to think it does, sometimes. (Just kidding!) And the charactersNo, they aren't mine eitherwell, except for that weasel Colton Reid. But I don't know what inspired me to write that guy! The devil made me do it!

Author's notes: It's me again! I really hope that those of you reading are getting into this. I know this is a bit slow going right now, but it will get better later on, that I can promise you. Most of this is introducing new characters and setting up the plot. A little faith goes a long way...so please stick with it. Thanks!

 

War's Restitution by Luvspook

Episode 2: Monsters Begetting Monsters

 

 

Everything was going straight to hell

..Two weeks ago, I was a normal kid...Brock thought to himself, as the scene blurred before his eyes. Colton Reid had arrived just in time, as usual. However, as he glimpsed the unconscious body sprawled out, quite unceremoniously, on the hard wooden floor, he was beginning to wonder who he feared more.

"Colt...What are you doing?" He screamed, having no desire to witness a cold-blooded murder. "You can't just kill him! COLTON!"

"He's a Preventer, Brock. He'll expose us and the entire groupand don't think for even an instant, that he wasn't about to kill you and that pretty little sister of yours, without so much as a second thought."

"But that doesn't mean he has to die! Come on, he doesn't know anything." He argued, again, watching helplessly as Reid clicked off the safety on his gun, slowly tightening his finger on the trigger.

"It's him or all of us, you fool. This isn't a matter of choice." Colton replied, harshly. "Now why don't you take little sister there for a walk while I finish up my business with our young friend, here."

"Brock, don't let him do this..." Krysha cried, softly, pleading with her brother. "Please, don't...You'll never be able to live with yourself, Brock. You won't be able to look at yourself in the mirror. Don't let him do this!"

Her argument was cut short as the small bell attached to the front door rang, and all eyes in the room quickly turned to find the source of the interruption.

"Good. I see I'm not too late." Cairn Selleste stated, with a smile, as she approached the three, her eyes quick to examine the felled Preventer. "It seems we may have found a suitable purpose for this one, after all."

"You what?!" Colton asked, his tone bordering between confusion and rage. "No way, Selleste, keeping him alive will jeopardize everything we've worked for. You don't know him. He'll expose you and your project. We kill him, now!"

"Are you really that foolish, Reid?" She sneered, stopping him cold. "Une rules over those Preventers like some kind of god. She's untouchable, even to you. That group is the only defensible organization of the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. If something were to happen, ESUN will be looking for someone to blame. And the person they'll find...will be Heero Yuy."

"But even if you could manage to set him up..." He debated, quickly silenced by the young doctor's cruel and maniacal laughter.

"There will be no need for such deplorable tactics to convince the world of his involvement. When I'm finished with him, Heero Yuy will be swearing his allegiance to us.

* * * * *

"Has Vice Foreign Minister Darlian checked in this morning, yet?" Une asked, softly. "It is imperative that I discuss Preventer protocol with her, in the event that the delegation meetings in space should be allowed to proceed as scheduled."

"I'm afraid the Vice Foreign is currently attending a peace conference in Bremen, and is not scheduled to arrive back here until early tomorrow evening." Relena's secretary replied, quietly. "But if you really must get in touch with her, I can give you the number for..."

"That won't be necessary. But, please have her contact this office as soon as she returns, though."

She abruptly terminated the connection, stepping over to the enormous expanse of windows, to think. She often found herself searching for answers as she looked out across the Earth's ever-changing horizon. Today was just one of many days that hoping to find those answers weighed far too heavily on her heart.

A knock at the door stirred her from her thoughts.

"Has there been any word?" She asked, as Lucrezia Noin entered her small office.

"I'm afraid not. And Heero should have checked in by now"

Noin's voice faded, as if afraid to mention the reasons why he wouldn't have.

"Has Quatre left to rendezvous with him, yet?

"Yes. He should be arriving at Colony Z, shortly." Noin replied. "With any luck, we'll have a better idea of the situation, then."

"Good. I want to know the minute he arrives. Has Sally Po made any progress in identifying the substance found inside the containment block yet?"

"Not yet. It's like nothing we've encountered before..." Noin answered, her express severe. "It may take finding whoever created it, to destroy it."

"Then let's just hope that Heero is successful in his mission" Une finished, turning back to the window. "Otherwise, there will be no way mankind can survive..."

* * * * *

Trowa and Quatre had been in fairly constant communication, since Trowa's assignment had placed him in close working vicinity to the colony. Both were strong believers in the safety in numbers debate, and had made up their minds even before the briefing had officially ended.

"This is Quatre...Preparing for final descent..."

"Roger that, Quatre." Trowa replied, softly, adjusting the frequency so he could pick up an image of the small shuttle on his view screen. "I'm on stand-by."

"I'll contact you as soon as I'm inside."

Trowa watched the view screen, intently, as the colony transformed before his eyes; seeming to heave and grow until finally, it opened its giant metal shell and swallowed the small shuttle, erasing it from view.

Within minutes, Trowa's radio crackled to life, and his whole body trembled as Quatre's words reached his ears

* * * * *

Lady Une had just hung up the phone with some of ESUN's top ranking members when the door to her office flew open.

She could tell by the look on Noin's face, the hollow fear burning in her eyes, that something was terribly, and undeniably, wrong.

"We just got a transmission from Trowa and QuatreThey're all dead...Colony Z...Everyone is dead..."

 

 

END

 

Gee, can't tell that I like the cliffhangers, huh? Please, if you made it this farat least stick around long enough to let me know what you thought of it. Hope you liked it as much as I liked writing it! But, if not, let me know that, too! Till next time