**Eeep, my series have been stagnating! I really can't get into the writing mood right now. :-( Hope y'all will forgive the crappiness of this installment. Also, WARNING: BIG LEMON right here! My first one, and boy is it...explicit. LOTS OF LEMONADE!!!

~LS-U***

Till There Was You

Part 4: Implementation

by Lady Scarlet-Une

 

    I closed the front door and leaned against it wearily.

    "I take it the meeting did not go well, Miss Relena?"  I looked at my butler Pagan sorrowfully and shook my head.

    "Ah."  

    The grandfather clock in the foyer ticked on endlessly and I remained in my position against the door.  Pagan, concluding that I was too overwrought with sadness to move, gallantly offered me his arm and escorted me to the stairs.  "Try not to think about it anymore tonight, Relena.  Just take a break and pick it all up tomorrow."

    I smiled at him in simulated gratefulness.  "Thank you, Pagan."  I started up the stairs but stopped short around the third or fourth.  "Where's Heero, by the way?"

    "In the upstairs study."

    "Thank you."

    Pagan shook his head as he watched the young mistress walk up the stairs. 'The weight of the world is quite heavy, even on the shoulders of the young,' he thought sadly.

    I took deep breaths and concentrated on each step one at a time.  The euphoria rushing through my body was mind-numbing.  I was one step closer to my goal, to what I...we...had been working on for so long.  Smirking, I turned right at the top of the stairs and headed towards the study.  Someone needed to be congratulated.

***

    "You did a good job, Heero."

    He turned around and eyed my figure in the doorway.

    "Did you expect anything less?"

    "Now that's a silly question."  Smiling, I pushed myself off from my leaning position and slowly walked over to him.  I put my hands on his chair and twirled him around for the hell of it.  The chair stopped with a small squeak and he once more had his back to me.  I leaned over, wrapped my arms around his neck, and watched our reflection in the computer screen.

    "Is everything set?" I whispered into his ear.

    "Hn."  He reached up and wove a hand through my hair.

    "Good."

    He tugged on my hair till we were face to face.  I watched the fire ignite in his eyes and shivered as he licked his lips.  "The microchips are planted.  Each Mobile Doll they produce will contain one.  Each Mobile Doll will be ours."

    "Well, isn't that peachy," I murmured distractedly, wishing he'd stop toying with me.  As if sensing my pique, his eyes locked back with mine and he smiled.  Wrapping his other hand behind my neck, he tilted my head to the side and kissed me.

    The sensations were, as always, exquisite.  Deftly, I ran one hand through his hair while the other fumbled with the hem of his green tank top.  I broke our kiss and hissed softly in pleasure when I touched his warm skin.  He lunged and began sucking on my neck, his teeth nibbling softly on my sensitive skin.  Lost in my drugged pleasure, I was only vaguely aware of him unbuttoning my shirt.  The cold air hitting my chest cleared my head somewhat, but then he began rubbing my hard nipple between his fingers and the clarity disappeared once more.

    Breaking his lip lock on my neck, I quickly drew his shirt off and clumsily took off mine.  He deftly unclasped my bra with one hand while the other left my hair and slowly traveled up my skirt.  His eyes were glowing in the darkness and my breath kept hitching as his hand skimmed higher.

    "Yo-you're going to have to stand up so that w-we can get your shorts off," I whispered shakily.  His hand stilled and I whimpered.

    "But then I'd have to move my hand," he replied huskily.  He leaned forward and gently sucked my earlobe.

    "Just as long as it comes back."

    He wrapped an arm around my waist and abruptly stood up.  My eyes widened in surprise and I forced my unsteady legs to support me.  He worked off his shorts and sat back down, legs spread.  The hand at my waist was slowly pulling up my skirt and I shivered as the cold hair hit the back of my thighs.  I felt his other hand caress my hip and finger the waistband of my underwear.

    "Look at me."

    I opened my eyes and watched his mouth tilt into a smirk.  He yanked and I heard my underwear rip.  Heero flung the remnants over his shoulders and t floated gracefully onto the computer monitor.

    "Sit down, Princess."

    Slowly I placed my hands on his shoulders and straddled his lap.  Our eyes locked and I smiled as I began to lower myself.  I reached the tip and stopped, partly to tease him and partly to revel in the delicate sensation.  I felt his hand tighten at my waist.

    "I don't think so."

    He thrust hard and I cried out in surprise and pleasure.  He thrust again, but this time I was ready and pumped my hips in return.  Our pace was fast and soon our soft cries were echoing across the room and bouncing off the walls.  I felt his mouth on my breast and I swallowed down a small scream of pleasure.  My senses were beginning to cave in and I felt myself tightening around him.

    "Who loves you, Relena?" he whispered raggedly into my ear. 

    "You, Heero," I gasped out.  I was rewarded by a harder thrust.

    "And who do you love?"

    "You, you, you," I chanted, almost incoherently.  I could feel it coming and I began pumping harder and faster.  Suddenly he stopped moving and I almost howled in frustration.

    "And you will love me forever," he whispered softly, his eyes searching mine.  I caught my breath and raised one trembling hand to cup his cheek.

    "Forever."

    He  started thrusting again, furiously bucking his hips while I held onto his shoulders and just felt.  The climax threw me out of my mind and my sharp cry bounced all around us.

    "Relena," he gasped and I wrapped my arms around his neck.  I felt him shudder beneath me, his arms convulsively squeezing my breath out.  Sighing, I dropped my head onto his shoulder and smiled.

    "Relena."

    "Yes?" I replied drowsily.

    "I love you."

    "I love you too, Heero."

    I kissed his neck and promptly fell asleep.

    I awoke later to find myself in our bed alone.  Sitting up, I saw him across the room in front of his laptop.

    "What's wrong?" I asked, eyeing his tense shoulders.

    "The Gundam Pilots have been called back into duty.  The colonies have decided not to face annihilation threats lying down."  I shivered and wrapped the blankets around my shoulders. 

    "Have any of them contacted you yet?"

    "They left messages."

    "So you're going?"

    "Of course.  I have my duty to uphold."  He turned around and smiled at me.  I smiled back.

    "Of course.  What a silly question."

****

    Hey Quatre, long time no see."  Quatre smiled tiredly.

    "Yea, Duo, it's been awhile."

    And that was the extent of their conversation.  Silently, the two Gundam pilots looked at the stars streaming past their shuttle.  Lost in their own private thoughts, they ignored each other and tried to ignore the situation at hand.  Quatre was the first to break, sighing and dropping his head into his hands.

    "I don't want to go, Duo."  

    Duo let his head fall back against the head cushion of his chair.  "When have our opinions ever mattered, Quatre?" he replied bitterly.  "We are a tool of the people.  We are the protectors of the people.  We are the fucking nannies of humanity.  What you or I want or need is inconsequential."

    Quatre stayed silent. Duo stared outside at the stars once more.

    "I left her behind again, Quatre."  Quatre turned his head and watched the stream of emotions dance across Duo's face.

    "A long time ago, I told her I'd never leave her again, that I would be there for her and our son."  Duo took a ragged breath and swiped his bangs off his face.  "You can't imagine the way I felt when she started crying.  She didn't make one sound, not one sob or even a fucking curse.  She just cried silently, tears dripping down her cheeks."  Duo turned around and stared hard into Quatre's eyes.  "But her eyes said it all, Quatre.  Hilde's eyes said, 'Liar.'"

    Quatre opened his mouth to say something comforting, but closed it back up when he realized he had nothing to say.  There was nothing he could even think of that could comfort the man beside him.  Quatre took his hand instead and gripped it tightly.

    "You'll make it back to her, Duo," Quatre said quietly.  "We'll all make it back."

    The rest of the shuttle ride to L3 was spent in silence.

***

    I frowned and slapped an irritating balloon from my face.  A big heap of them was tied to an aluminum pole next to me, and the damn wind kept blowing them in my face.

    "...and we will not back down and lay defenseless as the colonies wish we would.  Their action was a calculated strike against the sanctity of our Earth-Colony relationship and a direct refutation of all the Earth Sphere Unified Nation represents."

    I tuned out Deacon Smith's voice and scanned the crowd in front of me.  I was standing, along with all the other non-colony Cabinet members, on a platform at Cromwell Military Base above a swarm of dignitaries, onlookers, and reporters.  Today was the first day of the new war, a.k.a. 'Operation Vengeance.' I rolled my eyes. God, even the name sounded tacky.  But then again, given the person who thought it up...

    My eyes drifted back to Deacon Smith.  As anticipated, Smith had been elected Prime Minister on the power of his surprise triumph at the last board meeting.  I watched him pound the podium and flourish his hands grandly, imbuing his speech with jingoistic sentiment and anti-colony bullshit.

    "And so, we launch these Mobile Doll carries today to not just honor a slain leader and comrade, but to reiterate and reaffirm our commitment to justice.  Today, we show the colonies that we will NOT take betrayal and duplicity lightly.  Instead, we will punish them with the full force of our might!"

    The crowd went wild as Smith flourished extravagantly.  'A big ending to top a big piece of shit,' I thought cynically.  Suddenly, a loud roaring sound filled the field, drowning out the raucous roars of the crowd.  In the distance, behind the platform, the first fleet of Mobile Doll carriers lifted off and made their way into the sky.  I watched them silently, a small smile on my lips.

    "Why Miss Dorlian, tell me you enjoyed the event greatly."  I wiped the smile off before turning around to face a smug-faced Prime Minister Smith.

    "Even with the use of Mobile Dolls, Smith, thousands of people will lose lives.  How can I enjoy the signing of the death warrant of so many victims?"

    "We do it all for the greater good, Miss Dorlian.  The lives sacrificed will be remembered throughout all eternity.  They will heroes who helped preserve the name of justice," he replied pompously.  I could see some people standing behind him nodding approvingly.

    "But who's justice is it?"  I turned around and walked away.  He was getting tiresome and one could take only so much baseness before one started to feel dirty.  I walked away from the platform silently, all the while feeling all their eyes on my back.  Justice was such an indefinable word, subject to the interpretation of both the user and the recipient.  One definition was needed, a universal standard that could be held up in all instances.  The present system allowed for too much leeway.

    'I will bring this world to one unified peace," I thought to myself as I walked away.  There was no need for useless banter and debate.  My word would allow for unequivocal, encompassing peace.

***

    Quatre and Duo wearily stepped off the shutle and eyed the long black limo in front of them.  The driver eagerly walked up to them and tipped his hat.

    "Good evening, gentleman, my name is Brad Walker and I was sent by the L3 Minister to chaffeur you to your hotel."

    Duo gave Quatre a broad grin, traces of his old natural ebullience peeking out from behind his current mask of frustration and anger.

    "Quite a change, eh, Quatre boy? No more slumming for us! From now on, we're Official colony freedom fighters."

    "Yep."

    They walked to the limo where Quatre proceeded to watch in amusement as Duo eagerly peered inside the mini-fridge, pushed all the buttons twice, and used the loudspeakers for karaoke purposes.  His smile became a frown, however, as the minutes ticked by and the limo remained motionless.

    "Where's the driver?"  Duo looked up from his freshly made martini and shrugged.

    "Beats me."  Worried, Quatre decided to check outside.  He flipped the door handle, but the door remained closed.  Eyes wide in horror, Quatre began desperately tugging at the handle, the full ramifications of the situation sinking it.

    "Duo, we have a problem."  Duo looked up sharply and quickly assessed the situation.  Reaching over, he pushed the button to slide down the windows and cursed in frustration when they didn't move.    

    "Fuck."  He pulled out his gun and aimed it at the nearest window.

    "Shield your eyes, Quatre," he commanded.

    The limo exploded in a ball of flames before Duo could pull the trigger.