Disclaimer: Standard.

Author's Notes: Ha! I see some of you caught onto my brilliant plan to test whether or not anyone pays attention to what they read by writing the wrong story title on the last chapter....okay, you got me. I'm a scatter-brained dork;) Guess this is what happens when you try to write more than one story at a time.

Ah yes, this chapter gets a little lemony. Well, maybe more like limeish. Hehe...

Dedication: To my over-worked, under-appreciated co-workers at Blockbuster.

****

Two Can Play
by Kristen Elizabeth

****

Relena was in ecstasy. A low moan escaped her lips. "Heero..."

His fingers worked their magic below the covers, teasing the very center of her body with maddening delicacy. His hot lips played with hers as he murmured words of encouragement. "Come on, Relena....open up for me..."

She threw her head back as another sweet wave of pleasure washed over her. "Heero!"

"Come on, Relena....Relena....come on...open up!"

The wonderful dream began to fade. Heero's fingers disappeared from her body as she opened her eyes. There was a loud pounding on her bedroom door.

"Relena! Come on....open up this door! You're going to be late!!"

The Vice Foriegn Minister bolted upright in bed. "Millardo?" She put a hand to her flushed cheek. "What time is it??"

"Nearly eight", her brother replied through the door. "The opening speeches begin in an hour and if you don't get up this minute, you're going to miss them."

She scrambled out of bed, straightened her twisted nightdress and ran for the door. Her brother stood in the hallway, impatience flashing in his blue eyes. "I overslept?"

"Just a little bit." He pointed to her nightclothes. "Get dressed. Quickly."

Giving him a weak smile, Relena closed the door and ran for her private bathroom. Twenty minutes later, she emerged in her bathrobe, a thick towel wrapped around her wet hair. She was starting for her closet when her communicator beeped. She frowned; if she answered it, she was going to be late. But then....only a handful of people had her private communicator number.

And Heero was one of them.

She sat at her desk and punched up the call. "Heero?", she said hopefully.

As if the gods were listening to her, his familiar, handsome face appeared on the screen. "Morning", he greeted her. "Did I get you at a bad time?"

Relena put a hand to the towel around her head. "I just got out of the shower."

Heero's eyes flickered hungrily. "You realize I'll be thinking about that all day now."

"Oh really?", she replied, coyly.

He nodded. "Trust me." Blinking, he tried to focus. "I just called to remind you to wear your bulletproof vest today."

Her mood cooled. "Heero...do I really have to?"

"Relena, I'm not going to get into this again. You agreed to wear it, discussion over."

"But...it's so heavy", she complained. "I feel like my breasts are being crushed."

He shook his head. "I'd rather you had flat breasts than a bullet through your heart."

Relena's lower lip protruded. "Isn't there anything I can say to change your mind?"

"No."

"Fine then." She stood up and reached for the heavy, metal-lined vest. "Do you want to watch me put it on?" Before he could reply, she yanked on the ties holding her robe closed. The silk garment parted, baring her breasts.

Heero's jaw dropped. "Relena..." His body tightened in reaction. "What are you...doing?"

She pushed the robe off her shoulders, leaving her completely naked in front of the communicator screen. "What you told me to do." Relena turned the vest around her hands, studying it. "It goes on this way...right?"

"Um....yeah", he nodded as she stuck her hands through the vest's sleeves. She fitted it around her torso, covering her body again. "No...wait....you've got it on backwards." He watched as she removed the vest and her breasts came into his sight again. He smiled until she put it back on. "Damn...I'm sorry. You had it right the first time. Take it off and try it again."

Relena gave him a knowing smile. "Enjoying yourself?"

"Immensely", he replied.

With the vest still in her hands, she sat down. Heero's eyes never left her breasts as they bounced with her every movement. "Heero, look up for just a minute." His gaze lifted. "I'm glad you called....even though I'm going to be late now."

His eyes flickered back down to her breasts, then back up to her face. "I'm glad I called too."

"I was dreaming about you..." Her fingers absentmindedly touched her throat. As she spoke, they slid down her chest until she was playing with one peaked nipple. "It was just getting good when I had a most unwelcome wake up call."

Heero's mouth was dry as he watched her. Right then, he would have done anything, killed anyone to be in her room. "Funny...I had a dream about you too."

Relena let her hand drop away from her breast. "I want us to make love, Heero. And I don't feel like waiting for the ball. Three days is just too long to wait."

He swallowed. "What are you suggesting?"

"After the speeches today, we have a three hour break before the meetings begin." She blushed. "I was hoping we could meet somewhere and..."

"Yes", he interrupted her. "Yes, absolutely."

She smiled. "Find us a quiet place. Quatre and I are seated next to each other for the speeches; get a message to him and he'll pass it on to me." She touched her screen as though it was his face. "I love you, Heero."

He nodded. The words weren't always necessary. One of the things he loved about Relena was that she didn't need to constantly hear the words. She could tell just by looking at him. "I'll expect to have to take that vest off today", he warned her.

Relena groaned. "A promise is a promise. I will wear it, Heero."

Nodding again, Heero ended the call. He sat at his desk for several minutes, but the image of Relena's breasts refused to budge. Eventually, he stopped trying to get it out of his head. There were worse mental images to be stuck with all day, he supposed.

And one of them popped his head through Heero's office door. Without waiting to be invited in, Duo stepped into the office, two cups of coffee in his hands. "I come in peace."

Heero stood up and eyed his friend warily. "Why would you do that?"

"Cause..." He held out one coffee cup to Heero. "I'm still your best friend." When Heero didn't reach for the cup, he sighed. "I promise it's not laced with raspberry flavoring."

"Oh, I know it's not. Because you know that if you ever do that again, you will experience pain beyond anything you have ever known." Heero took the coffee. "I only spared you last time for Hilde's sake."

"Speaking of Hilde..." Duo sipped his coffee. "I have to give you snaps for the whole impotancy thing. Even I would never have thought of that."

Heero raised his cup. "One good turn deserves another."

"Yes it does." There was a pause. "So, how's Relena?"

"Busy. The conference." Heero sniffed his coffee before taking a hesitant sip.

Duo shook his head. "That's too bad. It's getting kinda close to Christmas..."

"Yes, about that. I've been thinking....since you're going to be cutting your hair, why not go all the way and shave it off? Hilde might like it."

His braided friend laughed and shook a finger at him. "Don't be too confidant, Yuy. You're running out of time and you know it." He reached back to touch his hair. "Have you started thinking about what pair of Relena's underwear you're going to wear to work? I'd avoid the thongs if I were you."

"Now who's too confidant?" Heero took another sip of coffee. "We'll see who's laughing by the end of..." He smiled. "...today."

Duo was instantly on guard. "Why is that? Do you and Relena have...plans?"

"You must really think I'm stupid, Maxwell." He set his coffee down. "Say Relena and I did have plans. Do you honestly think I'd tell you so you could burst in on us and stop things?"

"You're right", Duo gave in. "My bad. What was I thinking? It's not like you'd just..." The coffee in Duo's hand seemed to take on a life of its own. Without warning, it fell, splattering a wide stain across the carpet. "Oh geez! I'm such a fucking klutz."

Heero sighed. "Damn it, Duo. How old are you?"

Duo bent down and started rubbing at the stain, succeeding only in spreading it further and deeper into the cream colored carpet. "Don't worry...I'll take care of it."

"You're making matters worse." Heero started for the door. "Stop what you're doing. *I'll* take care of it." He left the office, heading towards the bathrooms.

A wicked grin spread on Duo's face. Quickly, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, metal device. After checking to make sure it was working, he went to Heero's desk and attached it just underneath the wooden surface. He managed to straighten up and move away from the desk just as Heero came back with a handful of paper towels.

"Guess I should be more careful in the future", he apologized.

Heero glared at him. "I guess so. Now, is there anything else in my office you'd like to destroy before you go?"

Duo thought for a moment. "No, not really." His friend pointed to the door, indicating that he was free to leave. "Fine, fine. I'm going." He stopped in the doorway, turned and gave Heero a broad smile. "Have a nice day."

****

Relena fidgeted all throughout the conference's opening speech, given by the newly elected President of the Earth Space Alliance. Beside her, Quatre noticed her anxiety. He leaned a bit towards her. "Is everything all right?", he asked.

She flashed him a smile. "My feet are falling asleep."

"Really? It couldn't have anything to do with what Heero just told me through the com link?" Quatre laughed softly at seeing her confusion. He touched his ear and the small device placed just inside it. "He's telling me..." Quatre paused, listening. "...that he can't stop thinking about your bulletproof vest."

Relena hid a wide grin behind her hand. "Can he hear what I'm saying?"

"Only if you speak up."

She leaned closer to Quatre and brought her lips just up to his ear. To anyone else, it merely looked like she was telling him a secret. "Heero", she whispered. "Have you found us a place yet?"

Quatre blinked. There was a long pause. Finally, he replied. "He says to meet him in the third floor ballroom as soon as the speeches are over."

"I'm looking foward to it." She sat back in her seat and focused on the President's speech.

Taking the device out of his ear, Quatre shook his head, amused. It looked as though Duo was getting a hair cut.

And Trowa was getting laid.

****

Two floors below, in the basement security headquarters, Duo Maxwell turned down the volume on his radio link and congratulated himself, once again, for having had the amazing idea, as well as the technical smarts, to bug Heero's office.

"So...the third floor ballroom", he mused. "Quiet, private....a great place to spend some quality time with the one you love." He reached for his communicator. "And a great place for assassins to camp out. I had better warn Millardo..."

****

Relena listened to the applause filling the conference hall, a sign that she hadn't lost her touch when it came to speeches. She flashed the world leaders a brilliant smile before stepping down from the podium. Now that the opening speeches were over, it would be three hours before the meetings began.

She had attended the speeches as a virgin. She was determined not to attend the meetings as one.

Trowa Barton was waiting for her as she started out of the hall. "Heero told me to take you directly to the third floor."

"You know, I am capable of walking up a flight of stairs", she informed him, hands on her hips.

"Of course you are." He gently took her arm and steered her towards the stairs. "But Heero didn't want anything or anyone to distract you. I'm here to ensure that nothing will."

She sighed, exasperated, but touched at the same time. This obviously meant a lot to Heero and it wasn't just the promise of getting laid. "Thank you, Trowa."

"Really....it's my pleasure." When they emerged from the stairwell into the empty third floor hallway, Trowa pointed towards the ballroom. "He's waiting."

Her heart thudded in her chest. She placed a hand over it, feeling the hard metal of her vest underneath the silk of her blouse. In a second, Trowa was gone and she was all alone as she walked towards the ballroom. She let herself in tentatively. The room was dark.

"Heero?", she called out softly.

The sound of a match being struck. A small, but bright light flared to life, illuminating part of the room. The man holding the match lit a candle. "You're right on time."

"Well, Trowa is a very good bodyguard." She closed the ballroom door.

Heero took a step towards her. "Come here." She walked foward until she was only a few inches away from him. Before he touched her, before he even kissed her, he reached behind her head and undid the thick bun her hair was wrapped in, letting it spill around her shoulders. She swallowed. "Are you nervous?", he asked softly.

"A little. But I want this." She cupped his face in her hands and brought his lips down on hers. The kiss moved from gentle to ravenous in no time at all. Their tongues met and entwined as their arms folded around each other. Heero's hands slid up and down her back. Before she quite knew it, he had pulled her blouse out of her skirt and was working on the buttons. She helped him by pulling her arms out of the sleeves.

In return, she tugged his shirt over his head until the only thing separating them was her bulletproof vest. He reached for the velcro straps. "You wore it", he murmured between kisses.

"A promise...is a promise", she whispered. There was a ripping sound as he pulled the vest apart. It dropped to the floor with a loud, metallic clank.

Heero leaned back to study her bare torso in the candlelight. Her skin was smooth and pale. Her breasts were perfectly shaped; their rosy peaks tempted him. "You're beautiful", he said simply.

Relena's eyes misted. She pulled him back for a kiss; the tips of her breasts brushed against his muscled chest. She gasped at the sensation. Heero pulled his lips away from hers and kissed her jaw, dropping tiny kisses all the way down her throat.

"Heero..." She tilted her head back.

Still kissing her slender neck, he walked her back towards the candle. A blanket and several cushions were lying on the ballroom floor. Her heart lept into her throat. This was really going to happen. She and Heero were going to make love.

Seeming to sense her sudden apprehension, he drew back. "Relena, tell me now if you want to stop."

"No. No, I don't want to stop. I just..." Relena bit her lip. "I don't have any sort of..." A blush spread on her cheeks.

Heero reached into the back pocket of his jeans and pulled out a small package. "Did you think I wouldn't take care of you?" She smiled in relief; the Perfect Soldier had thought of everything. Heero kissed her again and together they knelt onto the waiting blanket.

Taking a breath, Relena pulled back and shifted her body until she was lying down. Heero gazed at her for a second before moving over her, supporting his weight on his elbow. Relena's arms pulled him down for another kiss. As his tongue explored her mouth, his hand moved down her body. He worked his fingers under her skirt, sliding them up her thigh. The silk stocking gave way to bare flesh. Heero grinned. Nothing was more exciting than a garter belt.

The skirt was too tight for him to maneuver much underneath it. He withdrew his hand and reached under her for the zipper. As he did, his kisses trailed down to her breasts.

Completely without warning, the ballroom door flew open. A bright shaft of harsh light hit the lovers, shadowed only by the man who stepped into the room. Heero and Relena's heads instantly swung over to see the intruder. As soon as Heero realized who it was, he pulled Relena up and twisted her around so her back was facing the door.

Millardo Peacecraft had never been so shocked in his entire life as he was to open the ballroom door and find his sister and Heero Yuy half-naked and entangled on the floor. His shock gave way to rage. In his hand was his gun, already drawn and ready to go. He pointed it straight at the man holding his little sister.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Humiliated, but determined not to show it, Relena laid her head on Heero's shoulder. Millardo couldn't see her face, but he could hear the wobble in her voice. "I don't think I need to explain myself", she replied.

Her brother's eyes widened. After a moment, he began to laugh. It was a dangerous sound. "You don't think you have to explain yourself? I find you like this and you don't think you have to explain yourself??"

Heero's eyes were narrow. He held his girlfriend tighter. "Just what are you doing here?"

"I recieved an anonymous tip that assassins might have set up in here. Before I got the Preventers involved, I thought I'd check it out myself." Millardo shook his head. "You had better be glad I did, Relena, or this might have been a lot more embarassing."

She drew in a breath. "I think...the most embarassed person here is you, Millardo. I have nothing to be ashamed about. Neither does Heero."

"Relena..."

Her head turned just enough to see him. "I refuse to have a conversation with someone who is pointing a gun at me."

He lowered his weapon. "Relena, I realize that that you are twenty years old. And I realize that you're in love. Or at least that you *think* you are."

Relena's eyes flashed. "Don't you dare condescend to..."

"What I don't think *you* realize is that you are one of the most important figures in current politics. That is your responsibility, first and foremost. My god..." He spread his arms. "Can you imagine if someone else had found you? Another minister or the President himself? Not to mention some reporter....Relena, this could have ruined your entire political career!! Would it really have been worth it?"

"Yes", she whispered into Heero's shoulder.

Millardo apparently didn't hear her. "I expect to see you downstairs, getting ready for your first meeting in fifteen minutes. If you care about your career...if you care about me, you'll be there." He backed up and reached for the door. "Fifteen minutes."

As soon as he was gone, Relena picked up a cushion and hurtled it towards the door. Tears of anger and frustration slipped down her cheeks. "I'm not a politician first and foremost!!", she screamed. "That's not all I am!!"

Heero drew her towards him. She fought him, but he held on until she gave up and let herself cry against his shoulder. "I know it's not all you are."

"It's not fair", she cried. "It's just not fair." Her sobs began to quiet after several minutes. "Heero...I'm so sorry."

Swallowing back his disappointment and sexual frustration, Heero shook his head. "Relena, we have all the time in the world." *Even though there's only two weeks until Christmas....* "This can wait."

She gave him a soft, salty kiss. "I don't know why you put up with me."

"Simple. Because you put up with me." He pulled her to her feet. "Come on. I'll walk down with you. If you want me to."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

As Heero watched her redress, one question ran through his mind, over and over.

How the hell had Duo done it?

****

TBC