Choosing Fate

Chapter 11

By Lady Saffir

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the characters associated with Gundam Wing.

***************************

Love is the most wonderful thing in the world. Oh, I'm sure the cynics would laugh at that statement, but anyone who has ever loved and been loved in return knows what I'm talking about. Love isn't about being giddy and disgustingly happy all the time; it's more like carrying this little ball of happiness deep inside you, which you can touch at any time and instantly feel better.

And that's how I feel about Heero. The thought of him can always bring a smile to my face, and a happy lilt to my voice.

Just in case you didn't catch it the first time, I love Heero Yuy. With all my heart.

That being said, I feel that I can safely say that Heero returns the emotion with the same fervor. I could babble for hours about the sweet things he says or does - but I won't. My prattle about how sweet Heero is to me usually leaves people gagging and in need of insulin.

Suffice it to say that I have no complaints about our relationship, save one: he's at college, and I'm stuck in our hometown. The university he's attending is four hours away, so I can't exactly hop over to see him whenever I want. Not that my parents would let me - since Heero left for college, they've become paranoid about the two of us being alone for extended periods of time.

Not that we really have a reason we need to be alone - yet. I've been thinking more and more about how I feel about Heero, and I think I'm pretty close to taking that last step.

Sex doesn't scare me, and while the thought of an unwanted pregnancy is frightening - especially what my father would do - it can be avoided quite easily. I love Heero, there's no doubt of that. And he isn't exactly in the relationship for the sex; I say that safely since we've been together for a year and a half now.

No, the one thing that's stopping us from going all the way is ambience. I mean, I'm a teenage girl - I want the romance and sweet gestures that ultimately lead up to intercourse. I don't want a rush job in the back of a car. I want my fairy-tale scene.

And by god, I'm going to get it.

*************

*************

"You're forgetting something."

"Take a good look at me and tell me you're surprised by that fact."

"Hn. Point. Anyway, what did Heero get you?"

"What?"

"Before he left for Japan - you said he called and told you he had something for you."

"Oh, that. It turned out to be a music box. The figurines were that of a prince and princess, and they danced to a classical song. Heero told me the princess reminded him of me."

"Gah. Such a sap. And please wipe that smile off your face; it's disgustingly cheerful."

*****************

*****************

At any rate, the Fates looked kindly upon my plight. Two weeks later Heero called to say that the organization he'd joined was sponsoring a ball, and he wanted me to come up and go with him. He also requested I wear the gown I'd worn to his senior prom.

The memory of that night made me smile. He'd shown up promptly at six, ready to whisk me away for dinner and a night of dancing. His expression when I came down the stairs is still vivid in my mind. It was a look that every female wants, whether she'll admit it or not. It spoke of desire, of appreciation, and the possessiveness that only men can show with a simple look.

I felt my heart do a flip with that look.

When I reached him, he took my hand into his, and brought it to his mouth to place a gentle kiss on the back of it. There is just something about the way he does that, that turns me into a puddle of goo.

But I digress.

Throughout the night I received so many little gestures from Heero that I thought my heart would explode from happiness. Heero has never been one for PDA's, or excessive sap, so I knew just how much he appreciated both the outfit and the gesture.

Back to the current time. My parents, able to see things clearly from time to time, reluctantly agreed to allow me to attend the ball, under the condition that I stay at Sally's apartment that night.

Of course I was going to stay at Sally's apartment that night. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

It was decided that Wufei would also go along, so that he could see Sally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school day Friday couldn't go by fast enough. We were leaving directly from the school, which should put us at the University around 7. Of course, if I were driving, we would get there around 6:30. I happen to have a little bit of a speed demon in me.

Unfortunately, I wasn't driving, but all in all, that was okay. I could handle spending an extra half-hour with Wufei.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We talked for about the first hour or so, but after that we lapsed into silence, letting the CD player fill in the space for us. I think that's why Wufei is one of my closest friends. Marie talks constantly, and Cathy's even worse; Duo can be a chatterbox when the mood strikes; but with Wufei, the silence isn't awkward or anything. If you have something to say, then by all means, say it. But if I just want to ride along and enjoy the scenery, that's fine by Wufei as well.

It's nice to have such a friend in your life.

As it was, I was extremely grateful for the lack of chatter. Because I was trying to figure out how to seduce Heero. Now, I've read countless smut stories, but I can't actually picture myself ripping Heero's shirt from his chest and then running my tongue along his body in a daring manner.

The mental picture sent me into a fit of giggles, making Wufei raise an eyebrow in my direction.

"It's nothing," I managed to stutter out. "And if it was, *giggle* I couldn't tell you!"

"And why not?"

"Because, er...." logic packed its bags and fled, leaving me high and dry.

"Because, er...." Wufei prompted.

"Because it's embarrassing!" When in doubt, stick to the truth.

"Oh, I see. I thought it was because you were trying to figure out what line to use on Heero."

Jeez, I swear the boy can read minds.

I considered not answering for a moment, and the scenario of me trying to rip Heero's shirt and breaking his arm or something made my dignity cave in.

"Yeah. And I'm not having a bit of luck. What do I do, Wufei?" I wailed, causing him to swerve at the unexpected volume.

"Relena! You aren't going to get to practice if you make me wreck! Now keep the hysterics down," he ordered, chancing a look in my direction.

Several minutes of silence passed.

"You could always use the line Sally used on me the first time," Wufei finally offered.

"What?! I can't do that, it's too weird! And what do you mean, first time? Why wasn't I informed of this event?" I demanded, turning to glare at my friend.

"You didn't ask," Wufei replied.

I could practically see his nose rise in the air.

"Hmph. Fine then. And what did Sally say?"

"But you can't do that," Wufei parroted back at me, smirking as I punched his shoulder. "Fine, fine. She said, 'How many different sounds do you think I can make if I let you put your mouth anywhere on my body.'"

Curiosity aroused (and I assure you, pun is intended) I leaned over to poke him in the shoulder when he didn't go on.

"So? Did it work?"

Wufei smirked the smirk that only a satisfied male can smirk. "Like you wouldn't believe."

We left the conversation at that for a while.

*****************

When we pulled in to Heero's apartment complex's parking lot, he was waiting for us. And as always, my heart did a little flip at the sight of him. Best of all though, I was here, he was here...and no parents were in sight.

I pretty much zoomed into Heero's arms the minute the car door opened, and I'm pretty sure I was brusque with Wufei when I retrieved my stuff from his car. I'm sure he understood though.

The first twenty minutes I was there, the only thing we did was hug and kiss. It was wonderful. All the time spent away from Heero melted into nothingness with those first few minutes.

When we finally did separate, it was just long enough to eat dinner. Heero cooks very well, so it wasn't a hardship eating what he'd prepared, but to this day I couldn't tell you if I put sirloin in my mouth, or pig's feet. I was focused entirely on being with Heero.

And afterwards we settled onto the couch to watch TV. I have no idea what was on; most of the time I had my back to the TV, cuddling against Heero as we lay there. I was biding my time, waiting for an opportunity to try my seduction skills.

If a seventeen year old can be said to have seduction skills.

Anyway, I got up on the pretense of getting something to drink, leaving Heero comfortably sprawled on the futon. I came back with my drink, setting it on the coffee table as I sat down next to Heero.

I was apparently staring, because Heero looked up, raised an eyebrow, and asked, "What?"

Okay, deep breath, here we go.

Oh god, this idea is going to crash and burn.

"Well," I leaned over to give him a kiss, "I was wondering," and here I pulled his shirt up to plant a few kisses on his stomach, "what kind of sounds you would make if I ran my tongue all over your body."

I looked up and into Heero's unblinking stare.

*********************