Disclaimer: The plot is mine but the GW characters are from Gundam Wing (obviously).

This is it, the final installment of Ever After. I hope that I met your expectations for this fic. Though I still think that this is more evil than Eternally. And when I say more evil, it's definitely more evil. For comments, suggestions, flames or reviews, you can email me at raizenheero@aol.com.


Ever After
by Neesah


Part 2: Where the path leads



The King and the Queen were always the last ones to sleep and the first ones to wake up. Fifteen minutes after sunset, Relena woke up from her slumber. She didn't need to look at her husband's face to see if he's already awake. Aside from the fact that he always wakes up just as the sun sets in the horizon, she can feel his grip around her shoulders tightened. She smiled and snuggled closer to him. They remained like that for a few minutes. Finally, Heero asked, "Why so quiet, kirei?"

Relena looked up and saw him gazing lovingly at her. She knew that he could just read her mind but he respects her privacy and he'll like it more if she's the one whose going to tell him personally. "I just feel sorry for the guys. They waited for 200 years to find their girls and now that they did, the girls refused to be with them."

"I feel sorry for them too. But we need not worry. You heard what they said. They'll have their girls back whether they like it or not."

"It would be better if they won't force the girls. Being a vampire of your own free will is better than being forced to it. I should know. You five should know about that too."

Kissing her forehead, Heero answered, "I understand what you mean. Though I'm certain that the girls will come around eventually. Being born many times didn't change their feelings for the guys. They wouldn't change now. They just need to get over those things that are holding them back."

Relena sighed. "I hope you're right. I don't want to see Wufei, Quatre, Trowa and Duo that miserable ever again. And it would be fun if we'll all be together again. Just like old times."

"Hn," he acquiesced. Out of nowhere, a sly grin appeared on his handsome face. "Let's get out of here. I'm more comfortable in our bedchamber than this coffin."

Relena raised an eyebrow. "What are you planning, Mr. Heero Yuy?"

"Oh nothing special. I just want to make you scream tonight. And to take you to heaven since we're not going to die and even if we do, we won't be accepted there," he answered mischievously.

She smiled impishly at him, tracing a finger on his chest. "You've taken me to heaven and back for 200 years, Heero. And you always managed to make me scream. Even without supernatural hearing, every vampire alive could hear me." Heero couldn't help but smile at her remark. "Maybe this time, I'm the one whose going to make you scream."

It's Heero's turn to raise an eyebrow. Him, scream? The King doesn't scream --- in pain, in anger, even in pleasure. But he decided to humor her. "Let us see about that." He lifted the lid and helped Relena off the coffin they were in. They walked towards the stairs and started climbing up. When they reached the top, Heero waved a hand and the wall parted, revealing a large elegant room. He swept her off her feet and marched towards the four-poster bed. Depositing his precious cargo, he climbed in and started accomplishing his mission of taking her to heaven.



An hour laterÖ

Sally heard a knock on her door. "Sally, it's Dorothy. Can I come in?" Sally went to the door and opened it.

"Hi," Dorothy greeted her.

"Hi," Sally greeted back, gesturing for her to come in. After closing the door, both women sat on the bed. Sally stared at the cross hanging on the wall.

"You've seen him too, haven't you?" Dorothy asked.

Sally looked at her questioningly. Dorothy smiled. "How did I know? Well, besides the way you've been acting since we returned from the patrol last night and the way you're looking at the cross right now, I happened to see Quatre too."

Sally returned her gaze at the cross. "Did he ask you to come with him?" Dorothy nodded. "What did you say?"

"I said no. That I'm a slayer and he's a vampire. We couldn't be together."

"I said the same thing to Wufei," Sally told her. Silence. Then, Sally said, "They'll be back, you know. They wouldn't just give up."

"I know. But that's what I'm afraid of, Sally. I'm scared that just a few more push I might actually agree to come with him."

"Same here. Half of me wanted to fling myself at him and be with him forever, even if I damn myself in the process. While the other half is clinging to the idea of heaven, of salvation. We've been reborn more than enough times, Dorothy. I don't want to continue being reincarnated nor would I want to live forever. There's no doubt that I want to be with him, but I don't want to be a vampire. And in the end, I only have to choose one."

Dorothy remained silent. She didn't need to talk, they both know that she's feeling the same thing. Glancing at her watch, she stood up. "The patrol team will be leaving any minute. Are you coming?"

"No. I think I'll pass tonight. You?"

"I'll skip it too. I think I need some time alone. See ya." She walked out of the door and left Sally with her thoughts.

Sally stared at the cross one last time before going out of her room. Whenever she needed to think, she went to the rooftop of their building. Unknown to her, a pair of obsidian eyes silently watched her.



Hilde dabbed the towel on her wet face, then stared at her reflection on the bathroom mirror. She was torn between her past and her present. And whatever comes on top will decide her future. She heaved a big sigh before going back to their bedroom. She stood frozen by the bathroom door when she saw Duo waiting for her inside the bedroom.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"You know why I'm here. I'm here to take you with me."

"I told you before, Duo, that I can't. I already belong to someone else. I already have a husband. Can't you understand that? It'll be for the best if you just forget about me."

Duo stared at her solemnly. "I couldn't forget you, Hilde. I lived for 1100 years and still, it's you that I love. I couldn't just let you go. And I don't believe that you really want me to forget you or that you'll forget me."

Hilde couldn't tear her gaze away from those violet orbs. You already have a husband. You cannot go with him. What about Blair? He loves you. He needs you. You cannot just turn away from him because the person you loved forever has asked you to, her mind chanted. Gathering all of her remaining willpower, she looked away. "My answer is still no, Duo. I couldn't come with you. My husband will be here any minute. I suggest that you leave."

"You know that I don't take no for an answer, Hilde. Besides, I don't think your husband can do anything for you now."

The tone of his voice made her look at him again. Duo gave her a wide grin, a very malicious grin. Her blood ran cold. She then saw a huddled figure by the window. She slowly went to it, afraid of what it might be. When she came closer, she gasped when saw her worst fear right in front of her eyes. "Blair!" she cried out as she kneeled down and cradled him in her arms. She rocked him back and forth, his brown eyes staring lifelessly at her. She can see two pin-sized bite marks on his neck. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she said to him as tears fell unbidden on her face.



Sally looked down from her position. The building is 10-story high, she'll definitely wouldn't survive. If ever she decides to jump that is.

"Sally."

She whirled around and saw Wufei standing a few meters away. "I have come for you. Its time to go," he said as he slowly approached her.

"Don't come any closer, Wufei. I'll jump if you do."

Wufei stopped on his tracks. "Why are you running away from me? Don't you want to be with me?"

"I do, but I don't! That's the problem. I wanted to be with you so much but I don't want to be a vampire. I don't want my soul to be damned forever."

"Is that all? Is that what's stopping you? The solution to your problem is very simple, Sally. If you come with me, your soul might be damned but we'll be together. We'll share eternal damnation together."

Sally smiled. "You make it sound so simple and inviting."

"It is. Believe me it is."

"But it still doesnt seem simple to me." Gazing at his eyes she said, "I love you, Wufei. I always had and I'll always will. But I can't be with you. I just can't." With that, she jumped off the building.



Quatre entered Dorothy's room through the window. He saw her standing by her bed, her back against him. He looked around the room. For a modern room, this sure has a lot of torches, he said to himself. "Dorothy."

Dorothy turned around to face him. "I have thought about what you said, mulling it over many times. And each time I arrive at the same answer --- No. I can't come with you, Quatre. Not in the expense of my soul."

Quatre walked towards her. "Do you think that I'll just accept your answer then fly away? I guess you don't know me that well, my dear Dorothy."

Dorothy smiled. "Oh,no. In fact, I know you too well, Quatre. I know that you wouldn't just give up. But I wouldn't give up easily either." She grabbed a bucket and threw its contents on Quatre.

Drenched, Quatre just stood there. "Gasoline," he stated. Then he saw her took two torches from the wall. "So, you have prepared for this," Quatre said, smiling. "I'm impressed."

Dorothy aimed the torches at him. "You're a vampire. I'm a slayer. I kill vampires, Quatre. That's why I'll kill you."

"Go ahead. Burn me. I'm not really sure if I'll die, though. But go ahead. If you got the guts to burn me, I'll let you go and I promise not to bother you ever again."

Dorothy narrowed her eyes and moved closer, the two torches nearing Quatre's gas soaked body. He captured her gaze, his blue eyes boring intently at her gray ones.



Catherine kneeled down in front of the altar and uttered her prayer. Dear Lord, please forgive me for I have sinned. I have found turning to darkness very tempting, even for a second. I know that he'll be back, please help me resist him. Protect me from evil, Lord. Amen.

She stood up and went to the Mother Superior's room. She asked her earlier if she could stay in her room for only a few nights before going back to Africa for another mission. The Mother was curious why so she told her that she's having nightmares and it'll be better if she had some company while sleeping. With this reason, the Mother Superior agreed. But the truth of the matter was, Catherine is afraid. She's afraid to be alone. She's afraid that when Trowa returns, she might not be able to resist him. So she decided to leave for another mission, even if she originally planned not to go for another year. She'll do anything in her power to get away from him.

When she entered the room, she saw the Mother already sound asleep. She went directly to the open window and gently closed it. When she turned around, she had the shock of her life to see Trowa standing right in front of her.

"It's time to go, Cathy,"

"No! I won't go with you."

"Why resist your destiny? Don't be stubborn. Come," he told her, offering a hand.

Catherine looked at his hand, wide-eyed. She's fighting a losing battle. Please Lord, help me, her mind cried out. As if an answer to her prayer, she heard the Mother Superior's voice.

"Who are you? What do you want?" the Mother said, walking towards the pair. Catherine ran to her.

"I came for Catherine," Trowa answered.

The Mother Superior regarded him. "I don't know who you are and how you got inside but I'm asking you politely to leave. I wouldn't let Sister Catherine go with any stranger."

Trowa didn't budge. He just stood there, silently staring at Catherine. The Mother was beginning to get nervous. She could only see one of his eyes, but it's enough to make her shiver. There's no mistaking the dangerous glimmer in it. "Come, child, let's go," she told the younger nun. They walked toward the door. Out of nowhere, Trowa appeared in front of the door, blocking their escape.

"Mister, if you don't let us through, we're going to scream," the Mother threatened in her most authoritative voice.

"Then scream," he said evenly. He grabbed the Mother Superior's neck and flung her to the wall.

"MOTHER! NO!" Catherine screamed. She ran to the older nun and kneeled down beside her.

"You can't run away from me, Catherine. Do you think that changing rooms, having another person with you or going to Africa can hide you? I'll kill anybody who will stand in my way. I'll level any place down just to look for you. Do you understand that?"

Catherine didn't answer him. She reached out and closed the Mother's eyes, her tears falling like rain on her cheeks and on the dead nun's face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Mother," she whispered. At the corner of her eye, she saw a dagger tucked under the bed. She quickly reached for it and unsheathed the blade. She then placed it at her chest, aiming for her heart.



Hilde felt Duo's breath at her neck. "You felt relieved that he's dead, don't you, Hilde babe? You felt relieved that finally, there's no one that'll hinder you from making your decision to come with me. You cried because he died, because he cares for you, and that he died because of you but not because you love him. I am the one you love. Admit it, Hilde. I can read it in your mind. I can hear it screaming in your soul. You love me and you want to be with me. Forever."

Hilde stayed still for a moment. She then whirled around to face him. "You're right, Duo. I love you," she said, wrapping her arms around him as she kissed him viciously. Duo kissed her viciously back. When they broke apart, Duo smiled at her before plunging his fangs down her neck.



Sally closed her eyes as she fell down, waiting for that moment when her body will crash to the ground. Instead, she felt herself rising as strong arms wrapped around her, breaking her fall. She opened her eyes and saw Wufei looking at her. "Do you think that I'll let you die after just finding you again? Never, Sally. I wouldn't let myself live without you ever again."

Sally's eyes started to water as the last of her defense broke down. She loved him very much. And she wants to be with him. If it'll cost her her soul, then so be it. She leaned over and captured his lips, desperately telling him of her consent. Wufei kissed her back before sinking his fangs on her neck.



Dorothy's hands trembled as she aimed the torches closer, never breaking eye contact with him. Finally, she said, "I can't." She turned around and returned the torches to the wall. With her back still facing him, she said, "I just can't seem to kill you. I killed many vampires before, butÖ"

Quatre waved a hand all over his body and the gasoline dried up. He then appeared near Dorothy, wrapping his arms around her waist, his head resting on her shoulders. "Why can't you kill me, Dorothy?"

Dorothy didn't answer. She remained facing the wall. "Say it, Dorothy. Tell me what you really want."

She whirled around to face him. "I want you, Quatre Raberba Winner. I want to be with you."

Quatre smiled. He kissed her forehead, then the tip of her nose before brushing her lips with his own. When they pulled apart, Quatre gave her a smile again before biting Dorothy's neck.



Before Catherine had the chance to plunge the dagger to her heart, Trowa grabbed her hand. They locked gazes as he took the dagger and threw it away. He helped her up, enveloping her in his arms.

"Don't fight your destiny any longer, Catherine. Don't suppress your longing, your deepest wish. You wish to be with me right? You wish to be with me forever. I can make your wish come true."

Catherine couldn't control herself any longer. "Yes, Trowa. I want to be with you forever. Please, make it come true," she pleaded.

Trowa removed her head dress then leaned down to kiss her on the mouth. His tongue traveled to the side of her face, then to her neck. Catherine moaned with pleasure. She gasped when she felt Trowa's fangs deep in her neck. She closed her eyes and sighed in contentment.



Heero finished his meal first. He glanced at Relena and saw her still drinking from her victim. When she finished, he can clearly see the pain and the guilt etched on her face. She carefully laid down the body and closed its eyes. Heero approached her and gave her a hug.

"It's pathetic isn't it? After all these years, I still feel guilty," she told him. "And it's not only because I kill. I'm guilty because I gave in to my desires, resulting to the fulfillment of the Prophecy. I'm weak, I'm selfish and I caused all of this."

Heero held her at an arm's length and looked directly at her eyes. "Don't feel bad about it, Relena. It's not only you who made the Prophecy come true. The two of us did. The two of us caused this chaos, this darkness. I'm just as weak and as selfish as you. That's why our titles as the King and Queen suit us perfectly. And if it's any consolation, I still feel guilty too. Not only because of the prophecy but also because I managed to drag you with me to eternal damnation." He stopped for a moment before asking, "Do you have any regrets?"

Relena smiled at him. "As long as we're together, I wouldn't have any regrets."

Heero smiled back and gave her a quick kiss. Then, arm-in-arm, they took a stroll in the park. After walking for 10 minutes, they sat down on a bench by the pond. Heero wrapped his arm around her shoulders while Relena rested her head on his chest, gazing at the pond.

"This is the first time we've hunted together after 150 years huh?" Relena remarked.

"Hn. This is also the first time I've hunted after 150 years."

"You know, I missed hunting with you, Heero."

"Same here."

"I think we should do this often," Relena suggested.

"If you want to. Your wish is my command, my Queen."

Relena giggled. Then her face grew serious. "Do you feel that?"

"Yes. They succeeded."

"And I'm certain that they did it with the girls' consent. The bond formed between each of them is too strong to be forced," Relena said.

"Finally. Things are the way they should be," Heero remarked. He then took Relena's hand. "We better get back to the castle to welcome them."

Relena nodded. Hand-in-hand, the two of them rose to the air and flew in the direction of Mt. Everest where the castle stood at its peak.



Who would have thought that fiends such as they would find eternal love and happiness? All they did was to give in to their desires and to pay for it with their souls. In Heero and Relena's case, they paid for it in the expense of the future of all humanity. And so from then on, the King and the Queen, together with their friends lived happily ever after. Though the same thing couldn't be said for the rest of the world. At least they're safe from the wrath of the five most powerful vampires running amok with broken hearts.