The long awaited chapter is here!!!! Finally!! Thanks for all of your reviews and your patience.
 

 
 
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN GUNDAM WING OR THE OTHER NAME BRAND ITEMS MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER.
 
ENJOY
 
ON TO CHAPTER 13
 
LIFE LOVE AND FAMILY
 
THE AFTERMATH
 
BY ORACLE AT DELPHI
 

 
The crowd gathered in the moonlight to watch the trailer sway back and forth and to and fro.  The one thing the circus performers loved more than putting on a show is watching one.  Catherine and Jase never let them down.  About an hour after each show, they all gathered near Catherine's trailer placing bets on whether the it will tip over on the left side, right side or stay upright.  The last time it fell over on the right side.  The bearded lady and the midgets won a tidy sum that night.  The trailer finally came to halt upright.  Groans, mumbles and swearing could be heard from the losers as they paid the manager for he was the lucky winner.  The manager smiled as he counted his winnings on his way back to his own trailer.
 
'I wonder what they all will say when they find out Jase bolted the trailed to the ground with springs.'
 
~*~*~
 
"Damn, the trailer didn't tip over." Catherine said as she lay atop of Jase.
 
"That's cause I bolted it to the ground with springs."
 
Catherine smacked Jase with the pillows, "Whatcha go and do that for?"
 
"Cause the last time the trailer tipped over and broke your imported china.  And if you recall you REFUSED to let me touch you for a whole two weeks."
 
Jase flipped Catherine on to her back, "I never want to go with out touching you again." He said as he traced the outline of her face with the back of his hand.
 
Catherine smiled a pulled his face in for a passionate kiss.  When they broke apart Jase began kissing and sucking on her neck while she played with his yard long chestnut hair.
 
"Ya know", Jase said in between kisses. "I wonder if Trowa and Kellee are doing what we're doing."
 
"Why would they be doing what we're doing?" Catherine asked confused.
 
"Cause", he replied between more kisses, " Trowa took Kellee out and", he paused, "I know they want to."
 
Catherine stopped what she was doing, "What did you just say?"
 
Jase grunted and hoisted himself up on his elbows, "I said Trowa took Kellee out and..."
 
"GET UP! GET OFF! GET DRESSED!"
 
Catherine shoved Jase off of her and bolted for her laptop.
 
"Damn babe" Jase said as he scratched his head bewildered, "was I really that bad? I love to hear ya respond to me but thats not exactly what I had in mind."
 
Catherine ignored him as her fingers flew across the keyboard bringing up the tracking system. She stared at the screen noting four blips, Relena, Hilde, Sally and Kellee all converging on the Loft. She grinned evilly as she noted Jai was still there.
 
"That bitch did it." Catherine said excitedly as she jabbed her leg into her jeans.
 
"She sure did. What the bitch do?" Jase said with a mixture of excitement and confusion although he had no clue what was so exciting.
 
Catherine threw Jase his clothes smacking him in the face, "Hurry up, we don't want to miss this."
 
"We sure don't. What don't we want to miss?" he asked getting more confused by the moment.
 
"Jai's reaction when she finds out she lost the bet." Catherine answered as she grabbed her shoes.
 
"Oh. OK." Jase replied putting his arms in his shirt.
 
Jase was buttoning his shirt and then suddenly paused, "Wait a minute. What bet?"
 
~*~*~
 
Duo was the first to arrive back at the Loft.  He wanted to hear how Hilde's date went.  He snickered as he thought back to the food fight and her wimpy date.  Duo noticed that the room was lit with candles.  Curious he walked over to the table and found four bottles empty bottles of wine and the unfinished Monopoly game.
 
Duo chuckled, "Leave it to Quatre to come up with a way to make Monopoly romantic. Way to go Quatre."
 
Duo sprawled himself on the love seat to wait for Hilde to show up. He closed his eyes and began dozing. Eventually he fell asleep.
 
***SMACK***
 
Duo awoke with a start and a stinging handprint on his cheek.
 
"What the Fuck!" he shouted disoriented.
 
When he finally focused his vision he came face to face with hell and all its fury.
 
Duo rubbed his cheek, anger flashing in his eyes, "Hildeya knowI'm getting really tired of you smacking me."
 
Hilde put her hands on her hips and leaned forward, "Duoya knowI'm getting tired of having a reason to smack you."
 
"You ruined my date you bastard." She seethed, "plus you got me arrested."
 
Hilde bawled up her fist, drew back and aimed for his jaw. Duo caught her fist mid punch, pissing Hilde off.
 
"When will you take the hint that I DON"T WANT YOU!" she spat as she threw another punch in which Duo easily caught.
 
"NEVER!"
 
Hilde struggled with Duo trying to free her hands from his tight grip. As soon as she'd get one hand free he'd catch it again.
 
"Damn it, Duo!" she said as she continued to struggle, "what do you want from me?"
 
"EVERYTHING!"
 
Duo yanked on Hilde's hands causing her to fall to her knees and in between his. He crushed her lips with his in a fierce kiss. He let go one of her hands and placed his free hand at the base of her neck. He ran a finger up to her hairline causing he to gasp. When she opened her mouth he slipped his tongue in and pulled her closer to him deepening the kiss.  Hilde was seeing stars, moons and comets.  She often wondered what it would be like to be kissed by Death but she had no idea it would be like this.  If being kissed by Death is always this good, she will spend eternity dying in his arms.  Duo was desperate and he was tired of playing this game. He was putting all that he had to give her in that one kiss. It might just be his last shot. He held her close to him as if his life depended on it.  Hilde was still dazed when the kiss ended. As soon as she came to her senses she punched him in the groin. Duo's eyes crossed and tears sprang to them as he doubled over holding himself. He fell over on his side.
 
"Why? Why?"
 
Hilde grabbed him by his chin and looking into his pained filled eyes said, "The devil made me do it."
 
Hilde left Duo to his agony and walked over to the table.
 
"I see Jai beat Quatre." She said survey the game board.
 
"How do you know that?" Duo asked in a whisper for that was all he could manage at the moment.
 
"There's a hotel on Marvin Gardens and that is her favorite property.  She always wins when she has it. Speaking of which, where are they?"
 
Duo was finally able to sit upright on the love seat, "I guess Quatre got lucky."
 
***BAM***
 
Relena slammed the door open as she entered and with all her might tried slam it in Heero's face but he caught it and slammed it for her.  Hilde and Duo stared at the dripping wet couple.  Relena walked over to the nearest table, grabbed the vase and hurled it at Heero's head. Heero effortlessly ducked and the vase crashed into the wall.
 
"'Reyna' will you stop throwing shit at me." Heero calming said.
 
Relena picked up the a small statue, "Well if you stop moving so I can hit you, I won't have to keep throwing stuff at you."
 
Relena threw the statue at his head and he caught it effortlessly, pissing Relena off.
 
"Look 'Reyna', you should be thanking me for protecting you from that bastard."
 
Relena advanced on Heero, yanked the statue from his hand looking in his eyes she said, "Damn you Heero! I don't need you to protect me! I don't need you to follow me around! I don't need you to spy on me from the shadows! I NEED you to LOVE ME! That is ALL I NEED from you!" punctuating every word with a poke of the statue in his chest, "Sadly, Heero you are a "perfect coward" when it comes to giving me what I need."
 
Heero was stunned and dumbfounded. Relena put all of her cards on the table. Now it was time for him to do the same.
 
Duo and Hilde remained silent in the dark. Heero and Relena had reached an impasse in their relationship or lack there of.  They wanted to see the whole show so they could relate all of the details to the others.
 
'Heero buddy don't blow it.' Duo thought trying to will the message to Heero.
 
Heero the man wanted to pull her to him and show her just how much he loved her but Heero the soldier refused to acknowledge such things as feelings, emotions, desires.  Heero still needed time to reconcile the two persona's. Unfortunately as Jai told him earlier his time has ran out. The next move was his and he needed it to be the right one.
 
Heero held out his hand to touch her cheek, "Relena I"
 
"There's nothing wrong with the way I drive, Onna." Wufei said as he and Sally entered the Loft.
 
"Wufei, its not my fault that old "Onna" passed you in her wheel chair and flipped you off." Sally replied as she flicked on the lights.
 
"Why did you drive so slow and take the long way back anyway?"
 
Wufei didn't bother to respond.
 
"Hmph", Sally said as she crossed her arms, "I just wanted to see if you would admit that you actually liked having my arms around you."
 
Wufei glared at Sally and in a warning tone said, "Onna"
 
"What the hell happened to you?" a shocked Sally asked a pink haired Relena oblivious that she just interrupted the couple.
 
Duo and Hilde began laughing from their respective places.  Heero and Relena looked at the pair for that was the first time that they realized that they were there.
 
Holding her sides Hilde said, "Relena, if you put your hair in two ponytails you'd look just like the Rini kid from Sailor Moon."
 
Duo and Hilde continued to laugh while Sally tried to hide her laughter behind her hand and Wufei smirked.  Relena looked at herself in the mirror hanging on a nearby wall. She had to admit, Hilde did have a good point. Relena then walked over to the table and stood on the Monopoly board. She tried her into two makeshift ponytails, got down on her knees and waving her arms said, "In the name of the moon I shall hit you in the knee caps and kick you in your ankles."
 
Hilde hopped up on the table. Both girls stood back to back and said, "We will punish you!"
 
The room erupted into laughter, which effectively broke the tension created by Heero and Relena.
 
Relena looked down, realized she was kneeling on a Monopoly board and smirked, "I see Quatre tried to play Monopoly with Jai. Speaking of which"
 
The door flew open, smacking Wufei in the back causing him to stumble into Sally.
 
"DAMN!" Wufei shouted as he steadied Sally and himself to keep from falling.
 
Wufei glared at the overly excited couple.
 
"Did we miss it?" Catherine asked as she looked around the room.
 
"Miss what?" Relena asked.
 
"Jai's reaction." Jase answered.
 
"Jai's reaction to what?" Heero asked confused.
 
"To losing the bet." Catherine replied.
 
"What bet?" Sally asked.
 
"What is this 20 questions?" Jase replied.
 
"Why don't you tell us what has you two so damn hyper?" Wufei said annoyed.
 
It hit her and Hilde's eyes widen in shock, "You mean Kellee actually got your brother to take her out. Hell has frozen over."
 
"Uh, can someone supply some details, a summary, something?"  Duo suggested.
 
Catherine inhaled deeply, "Jai and Kellee made a bet that if Kellee could get Trowa to take her out, Jai would go out with Quatre. Jai was sure not to lose, Kellee talks too much for Trowa but she did. Where is Jai I know that she's here, unless she's not wearing her tracker."
 
All of a sudden the heard a loud thud from the kitchen and all eyes turned toward the kitchen door.
 
"WHO THE HELL IS GRANT?!"
 
~*~*~
 
Quatre's voice jolted Jai back to reality.
 
"What?"
 
Quatre got up from the floor and walked towards her.  Looking her in the eyes said, " You said not again Grant and then you punched me. Now tell me, who the hell is Grant?"
 
Quatre felt a different kind of fear emanate from Jai and knew that what ever she was hiding she was afraid of it.
 
She turned from his gaze, "I have no idea what you're talking about." She replied nervously as she hopped off of the opposite side of the counter.
 
Quatre folded his arms over his chest, "Then why did you shove and punch me?"
 
"Maybe I was sick of you touching me." She shot back.
 
"I doubt that." he responded smirking.
 
Jai was indignant, "Oh really? That's one hell of an ego you have Casanova. Never been turned down?"
 
Quatre leaped over the counter and with a predatory look advanced on Jai causing her to back away.
 
"I could tell by the signs you gave me. You said you didn't care where I was going as long as I hurried up and got there. So I did. Or maybe it was the way you sighed when I was nibbling on your ear. Or maybe it was the way you pulled me closer to you when I was licking the chocolate off of you."
 
Jai backed into the wall and Quatre caged her in with his arms on each side of her head, his face mere inches from hers "Or maybe it was the way you wrapped your legs tighter around my waist as I kissed you. I know you liked it you couldn't even form one coherent thought."
 
She began to get lost in his eyes as he pinned her to the wall more with his stare than his body. Her eyes narrowed in realization.
 
"You were reading my mind." she stated rather than asked.
 
"I don't believe you Quatre. I don't believe that you were reading my mind.  That's the ultimate invasion of privacy. How could you?"
 
"What did Grant do you?"
 
"He didn't do anything to me."
 
"I thought you didn't know what I was talking about?"
 
Jai shoved Quatre out of her way and stormed out of the door.
 
"Nai Nai wait." Quatre called after her.
 
Jai stormed through the kitchen door dressed in only her shorts and her bra oblivious to the eight pairs of eyes staring at her. A shirtless Quatre emerged right behind her.
 
"Nai Nai wait." he said as he grabbed her by her arm, "I want to know who Grant is and what he did to you?"
 
"You called Quatre, Grant? Why?"
 
Quatre and Jai's head snapped toward the voice.  Jase was staring at Jai with anger in his eyes. Catherine took note that Jase was pissed at Jai.
 
"Not now Jason"
 
"Why not now Janai. You lied to me. You told me that you've put it all past you."
 
"Now is not the time Jason."
 
Quatre looked from Jai to Jase, "Who the hell is Grant, Jase?"
 
Jase ignored Quatre's question, "Janai you need help."
 
"There's nothing to help because nothing happened." Jai shot back.
 
"You're in denial Janai! You're lying to yourself! Can't you see that?" Jase yelled.
 
Janai picked up an empty wine bottle and hurled it at Jase's head. Jase ducked just as the bottle hit the wall with great force and shattered.
 
Jase looked at Jai with anger blazing in his eyes, "That just proved my point."
 
"Jai, what the hell were you two doing? And who the hell is Grant?" an irritated Heero demanded as he stared at the couple.
 
Jai looked down and noticed that she was wearing her bra. The bra had chocolate smears all over it particularly where her nipple was.
 
"Fuck!" she said as she turned on her heal and stalked back to the kitchen.
 
"Uh, Quatre. You have chocolate on your chin." Duo said smirking.
 
Quatre turned an evil glare at Duo, "Shut the fuck up, Duo."
 
Jai remerged from the kitchen buttoning her shirt and heading towards the door.
 
"Nai Nai? Where are you going? We really need to talk."
 
"Quatre, you've been reading my mind all night. I think you've had more than enough conversation from me. Heero, if you stop fucking up with Relena you could be doing what I was doing. "
 
Jai looked at Jase, "And Jase, AARGH!! Just fuck you."  She said waving her arms and then reaching for the door.
 
Jai swung the door open and a kissing Trowa and Kellee fell in.  Trowa stretched his arms out just in time to stop their fall while Kellee clung tighter to his neck in order to keep herself from slamming into the floor.
 
Jai looked down at the kiss swollen lips of the couple in the floor, indicating that they have been at it for a while. She then looked up the ceiling and out stretched her arms, "At some point during the night the heavens opened up and said JaiFUCK YOU!"
 
Jai let her arms fall to her sides and walked to the liquor cabinet. She removed a fifth of tequila and proceeded to drink directly from the bottle, downing the bottle without stopping.
 
Trowa and Kellee got up from the floor to face eight stares. Kellee quickly diverted attention from her and Trowa to Quatre.
 
"Quatre, I have a surWhat happened to your shirt?" Kellee asked.
 
Quatre never took his eyes off of Jai, "Now is not the time Kellee."
 
"But Quatre I have the perfect date for you? She's"
 
Kellee never got to finish her sentence for Quatre released all of his anger, "Who in the hell got the idea I need my sisters to find me a fucking wife in the first place. You of all people should know how I feel about that shit and here you go finding someone else to waste my time. If I were you, I would choose another time to piss me off."
 
"I have to agree with Quatre. All 28 of his previous dates have all been failures the 29th won't be any different." Jai said.
 
"Jai now you know..." Kellee began.
 
"Kellee, I refuse to go out on any more blind dates. How many times do I have to drill that into that fucking thick skull of yours."
 
Quatre then turns to Jai, "How in the hell do you know about my previous dates?"
 
"I always like to check out the competition." Jai replied smirking.
 
"What the fuck?!" Quatre said then continued, "what competition?"
 
"But Quatre, you don't unde..." Kellee began.
 
"Kellee, tell who ever the hell this date is thanks but no thanks. If you haven't noticed, I already have my hands full." He said looking back at Jai.
 
"Quatre!"
 
"You heard the man Kel" Jai said smirking, "he said thanks but no thanks."
 
Jai walked over to the fireplace and moved the poker to the right.  The wall of the fireplace rose to revel a slide tunnel exit.
 
Kellee noticed that Jai was going to make a break for it.
 
"Oh hell no bitch, I won the bet fair and square."
 
Jai looked at Quatre, then Kellee and smiled, "Yeah you did but he said "thanks but no thanks" and I can't force him to fulfill it. Besides it looks like things worked out better for you because of it", she said and then jumped in the tunnel.
 
The tunnel closed behind her. Kellee ran for the fireplace.
 
"Janai Yuy, get your ass back here." She yelled through the wall.
 
Kellee moved the poker to the right but the wall didn't open, "That bitch locked me out!"
 
Kellee ran over to the sofa, ripped the cushions off and lifted the metal lid that was located under the cushions.  There was a hidden stairwell and she ran down it to try and catch Jai.
 
Quatre stared at the fireplace. Duo walked up to Quatre.
 
"Sucker."
 
Quatre looked at Duo with narrowed eyes, "Do I look like I want some damn candy, Duo?"
 
"I think Duo was calling you a sucker." Trowa said.
 
"What?"
 
Trowa walked over to Quatre, "Quatre, I think there is something you should know."
 
Quatre turned his attention to Trowa.
 
"To make a long story short, Jai and Lee made a bet. If Lee could get me to take her out then"
 
"Jai would have to go out with me, right."
 
Trowa nodded.
 
"So, Jai just suckered me out of our date?"
 
All heads in the room nodded.
 
Quatre bawled up his fist and rammed it straight through the kitchen door causing the girls on the room to jump in surprise. Quatre removed his hand from the door and ran it though his blond locks.
 
"Jase, who is Grant and why does he have Jai so bent out of shape." Catherine asked.
 
Jase faced Catherine with sad eyes, "Babe, please don't ask me that question and that way I won't have to lie to you."
 
"What the hell does that mean?" Relena asked.
 
"It means that I can't tell you. I promised, now I wish I hadn't"
 
Quatre out stretched both hands, placing them on the wall and lean into the wall, flexing his tensed back muscles. The girls looked at the blond pilot in awe.
 
"Damn." Hilde said looking at Quatre in a whole new light.
 
"No shit." Sally agreed inspecting the well-toned muscles.
 
"I never would have guessed that you were carrying a six pack." Relena said astonished.
 
"I was thinking it was more like a 40." Catherine said.
 
Quatre turned and glared over his shoulder at the russet haired woman.
 
Kellee came in the front door slamming it behind her, "Bitch left on her bike before I could catch her. Plus she rode over her tracker.  What the hell is her problem?"
 
"By the way, Quatre" Kellee began, "you may want to put your shirt back on."
 
"That would be nice but Jai just left wearing it."
 
"We'd better split up and find her." Jase said.
 
Heero reappeared from one of the bedrooms and tossed Quatre one of his shirts.
 
"Where do we start looking?" Quatre asked as he pulled the shirt over his head.
 
Heero reached for the door, "The shadiest bar in the shadiest part of town."
 
"Why would she go there?" Wufei asked.
 
Sally snorted, "To pick a fight."
 
The group paired off and when in search of the crazed terrorist.
 
~*~*~
 
It was 3:13am when Jase spotted a dark purple bike with yellow lightening bolts.
 
"Hey Duo, stop the truck. That's Jai's bike."
 
Duo pulled his truck into the parking lot of a seedy bar.  The red neon sign was supposed to read "Swankey's" but the "S" wasn't lit so it read "wankey's".
 
Jase looked at the bar and frowned.  It reminded him of the house made of sticks that the three little pigs built. With a huff and puff the whole damn thing would blow down.
 
The twins got out of the truck and hoisted Jai's bike up into the bed of the truck. Duo pulled out his cell phone and dialed.
 
"Yuy" Heero answered.
 
"Hey Heero, we found your sister. She's at some dive called Swankey's."
 
"Roger that. I'll call the others and we'll meet you back at The Loft.  And Duo, watch your ass."
 
"Heero! I didn't know you cared."
 
"Literally Duo, watch your ass." Heero said and disconnected.
 
Duo stared at the phone a moment before putting it back in his pocket.
 
"Well you ready." Duo said gesturing to the entrance.
 
Jase looked at the door in disgust, "Nope but I don't have a choice."
 
Duo and Jase began walking toward the entrance.
 
"Hey just think of it as an adventure." Duo said as they reached the door.
 
"Don't worry when Jai gets drunk it always is." Jase replied as he opened the door.
 
The brothers walked into the bar.  There were people from one wall of the bar to the other.  Old country music blared from the speakers.  The bar stank of cigarette smoke, alcohol and stale piss.  Jase was grateful he and Catherine didn't have time to get a bite to eat earlier.  Duo and Jase shouldered their way through the crowd earning a few stares and appreciative looks.  They finally arrived at the bar.  The bartender looked them both over.
 
"YOU HERE FOR THE GIRL?" The middle-aged man in a dirty white tank top that said "Angel" and blue jeans with his belly hanging over the top asked.
 
"YEAH HOW DID YOU KNOW?" Duo shouted back.
 
The man jerked his head toward the crowd, "JUST LOOK AROUND YOU."
 
Duo and Jase looked into the wall length mirror behind the man.  And for the first time they noticed that a very important element was missing from the crowdwomen.  Jase looked at Duo, Duo looked at Jase then they both looked back at the bartender who flashed them a smile.
 
"SHE YOUR SISTER." The bartender asked.
 
"YEAH" Jase answered.
 
"HERE" he said as he handed them a wad of money, "SHE'S BEEN DRINKING ALL THE REGULARS UNDER THE TABLE. THAT GIRL'S A REAL FIRECRACKER.  BROKE BIG JIM'S ARM WHEN HE TRIED TO FEEL HER UP. NOW SHE'S TAKEN ON BUTCH IN A DRINKING CONTEST. THEY'VE ALREADY DRANK TWO BOTTLES OF BARCARI, A BOTTLE OF JACK DANIELS, THREE BOTTLES OF SMIRNOFF AND NOW THEIR WORKING ON THEIR THIRD BOTTLE OF TEQUILA. I DON'T KNOW WHERES SHE PUTTING IT ALL." He shouted over the noise.
 
Duo let out a long whistle, "MY GUESS SHE'S GOING TO PUT IT ALL IN STREET AS SOON AS SHE HITS THE AIR."
 
Jase felt eyes looking at him and turned around. A gray-haired man licked his lips, blew him a kiss and winked.
 
Duo's eyes widen as he felt hot alcohol smelling breathe in his ear, "HEY BABY, I'M BI AND I'D LOVE TO SINK MOBY INTO YOUR SWEET OCEAN WHILE YOU WRAP THIS LIFE LINE", pulling on Duo's braid, "AROUND MY NECK. I JUST LOVE A WOMAN WITH LONG HAIR."
 
Duo cringed turning to faced the man and through clenched teeth said, "LISTEN BUDDY, I AM NOT BI. I AM NOT A WOMAN AND IF YOU BRING MOBY ANY WHERE NEAR ME I'M GONG TO HARPOON HIM."
 
The man held up his hands in surrender and backed away.
 
"LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" Jase shouted to Duo.
 
"THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, UH", he pause to read his shirt, "ANGEL." Duo shouted to Angel.
 
"TAKE CARE FELLAS." Angel shouted back.
 
Jase and Duo made their way over to the back corner table that was surrounded by a crowd. As Jase and Duo arrived at the front of the crowd they saw Jai downing a shot of tequila as a big, burly, hairy faced man sitting directly across from her watched.  Jai closed her eyes as the burning amber liquid made its way down her throat. When it was done, Jai opened her eyes, smiled at the man and slammed her glass down on the table.  The crowd whooped and hollered.  With a steady hand Jai poured the last of the tequila in the glass.  Butch picked up the and quickly swigged the liquor down his throat and slammed his glass on the table. The crowd whooped and hollered again.
 
"All gone." Jai said in a kiddy voice as she turned the tequila bottle upside down. And then threw it over her shoulder.
 
"OK Jai its time to go home." Jase said.
 
Jai looked over at the source of the voice. Her eyes crossed up and her lips pursed as she tried to focus her vision.  Jai looked back at Butch.
 
"My bro wer", she said jerking her thumb in Jase and Duo's direction, "say I cain't play no mo. I got ta go om."
 
Jai bawled up the money on the table and began to stuff her winnings in her pockets.  She started to get up from the table with a little help from Duo. Butch slammed his huge iron fist on the table, "Yous gos nose 'ere. I ont mi moneys. DDDor nuttin'. Yous choose drank."
 
Jai jerked her arm from Duo and plopped back down in the chair, "K" she said in a childish voice with wide eyes.
 
Jai put the balled up money back on the table and Butch put his up to match hers.
 
Waving her arms she hollored, "ANGEL!!! TWOF BOWLES OF SAKI!!!!"
 
The crowd ooh, ahhed and cheered as Angel walked over with two bottles of SakI'. 
 
Jai took the bottles from Angel and handed one to Butch.
 
"Chug on free.  Onetwoffree"
 
Jai and Butch began chugging the bottles of Saki.
 
Duo and Jase looked at the two amazed.  Jase shook his head Jai was going to be hell to deal with in the morning.
 
The two finished at the exact same time and slammed the empty bottles on the table.  Jai and Butch entered into a staring contest.
 
Jai smiled at Butch.  Butch smiled back baring his missing two front teeth and then fell over out of his chair.  The crowd cheered.
 
Jai stood on shaky legs and peered wide eyed over the side of the table at the man sprawled on the floor, "Thatsh double fo mi an nuffin fo yoush."
 
Jai began stuffing her pockets with the money. She stopped suddenly and whipped her gun out as
Butch rose from the floor with a gun in his hand.
 
"Yoush ont fuck wid mi cause I's ot one bullet fo da ech of yas." She said waving her gun from Butch to the space next to him.
 
Jase and Duo realized Jai was seeing double. It was definitely time to go. Jase and Duo were about retrieve the drunk terrorist when they both felt a pair of hands grabbing on their ass and working their way forward.
 
"We've always wanted to fuck a set of twins."
 
Both Jase and Duo turned at the same time and their fists collided with the faces that belong to the men with the offending hands.  The men flew back and landed on a couple of tables breaking them. Jai drew back her fist and landed it on Butch's nose. She then turned to the nearest person and kneed him in the groin.
 
"Damn it!"
 
"Uh, sorwy ooh oh." Jai slurred as Duo continued to hold himself for the second time tonight.
 
A few of the patrons began throwing chairs and punches.  The Friday night brawl at Swanky's began.  Jase hoisted Jai over his shoulder and Duo punched path out of the bar.  When they were out of the bar, they all got in the truck putting Jai in the middle and burned rubber out of the parking lot.
 
"And just think, I thought I was going to get away without throwing a punch." Jase said looking at Jai.
 
"Welsh, at leash dis time I didshn't ave a gun to mi ead." Jai slurred and passed out.
 
Duo looked at Jai shocked then he looked at Jase.
 
"What the hell is she taking about?"
 
Jase banged his head on the back of the seat. Jai was going to make his life hell.
 
~*~*~
 
The door to the loft swung open and Jase walked in wearing a pair of pink bunny boxers and carrying a sleeping Jai in his arms.  A laughing Duo followed them in and closed the door.
 
"Pink bunny boxers? Have you no shame?" Wufei asked as Jase laid the sleeping terrorist on the couch.
 
"I left it on the side of the road along with my pants."  Jase replied.
 
" Well she did tell you to 'ove out o mu ay" Duo said imitating a drunk Jai.
 
"She was slurring?" Hilde asked shocked.
 
Duo began laughing, "Boy was she ever."
 
"And you didn't get it on tape!" Hilde shouted.
 
"Hey I was too busy dodging MobyDick.  By the way, Heero why didn't you tell me it was a gay bar."
 
Heero looked at Duo, "I told you to watch your ass."
 
"Do you know what she had to drink?" Heero asked as her kneeled down by his sister.
 
"Well when we found her, she was in a drinking match and according to Angel the Bartender she had at least two of Barcardi, three bottles of Smirnoff, a bottle of Jack Daniels, three bottles of Tequila and after we got there a bottle of Saki, straight." Jase said.
 
Relena let out a long whistle, "That is a lot of alcohol."
 
Jai shot straight up on the couch and looked at Heero wide eyed.
 
"Heero you're alive!" she shouted as she launched herself at him knocking him on his back.
 
Quatre, Kellee and Trowa emerged from the roof stairway just in time to see Jai tackle Heero.
 
Heero pried Jai from him, "Why wouldn't I be alive?"
 
Jai jumped up from Heero, "I was in Madrid and I saw Wing go BOOM!" she said throwing her hands in the air.
 
"And then your body flying", she pretended to be flying around the room, "through the air and then it bounced, " she bobbed her head up and down, "and landed on the ground."
 
She grabbed Heero by his collar, "And then I saw the blood drain form your body.  And your eyes, your eyes stared vacant at me. They were saying Jai Jai, You let me die."
 
Jai fell to her knees, "And in the middle of that square I cried. I promised momma I would take care of you and I let you die.  She asked me to take care of you with her last dying breath and I let you die."
 
Tears began to fall from her eyes, "And then I ran through the streets screaming and crying to the heavens for forgiveness.  I ran until I couldn't breathe any longer.  I cried so long and so hard that I never heard them when they came for me.  Then they killed me.  That was my penitence for letting you die, " she finished staring at the floor as tears rolled sown her face.
 
The whole room was silent as Jai continued to cry on the floor.  Heero got down on his knees in front of his sister.  He put a hand on each side of her face and raised it to meet his.  Using his thumbs he wiped away her tears.
 
"That was not your fault. It was my choice to self-detonate. You didn't let me die and you didn't let momma down.  You have always taken care of me and I have always taken care of you. I will always be here to take care of you just as I know you will always be there to take care of me."
 
Jai threw her arms around Heero as he did the same.  Heero felt Jai go limp against him.  He pulled back slightly to see that she had fallen back asleep.  Heero picked up Jai and carried her to her room located in the hidden hallway.
 
Heero emerged from her room about 15 minutes later. He sat down in the chair and put his head in his hands.
 
Guilt weighed heavily on his heart, "I had no idea she saw Wing self-detonate. She never mentioned anything about it."
 
"I remember when Trowa was going to self-detonate. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone."  Catherine said sadly.
 
"Whose "they"? Does it have anything to do with this Grant guy?"
 
Jase clenched his fists, "It has everything to do with him."
 
"QUATRE!!!"
 
Quatre took off for Jai's room with the others close behind.  As soon as Quatre reached the door, it swung open.  A pair of arms reached out and pulled him in.
 
 
~*~*~
 
Dorothy looked the raven-haired aristocrat over, leaning back in her chair, "Are you sure she will remember you? I need her to be distracted."
 
The six foot three stocky built man flashed Dorothy a smile, "Trust me, Janai Yuy could never forget me. When she sees me she's not going to want to have anything else to do with Quatre Winner." He finished with a wink.