HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL WHO HAVE READ AND REVIEWED!!!!!
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!
 
DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT MAKING MONEY FROM THIS SO DON'T SUE ME.  I DON'T IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM OWN GUNDAM WING OR ITS CHARCTERS.  I'M JUST BORROWING THEM. J
 
CHAPTER 7
 
LIFE, LOVE AND FAMILY : AND SO IT BEGINS
 
BY THE ORACLE AT DELPHI

               
 
 
RECAP:
 
"YOU WERE AWAKE!!!"
 
Sally laughed as she opened the door to the conference room and entered.
 
KABOOM!!!!
 
The bomb exploded.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The five couples hide under the table as the bomb exploded sending concrete glass and other debris flying around the room.  When the dust cleared there was a hole the size of a semi truck in the wall.
 
"SALLY?!  ARE YOU THERE?!" Jai shouted.
 
She saw Sally enter the room before the bomb went off.  Before she could give a warning.
 
"I'M FINE!" Sally shouted back.
 
As Sally opened the door Wufei saw Heero pull Relena under the table as Sally entered the room.  He quickly grabbed Sally by the waist and pulled her back in to the med lab as the bomb went off. He was still holding her tightly.
 
***Wufei Vision***
 
"MEIRAN!!" he yelled as he approached a young, Chinese girl laying on the ground.
 
He kneeled down to her and held her in his arms.  The girl lifted her hand to caress his face.
 
She looked up at him and smiled, "It's not your fault.  Go to her and be happy."
 
***End Wufei Vision***
 
Sally turned her head to look at Wufei.  He was miles away.
 
"Wufei?" she said softly as his breath warmed the side of her face.
 
After a few moments Wufei came to himself to find Sally looking at him.
 
"Are you OK, Wufei." She asked.
 
"Are you?"
 
She nodded but he still didn't let her go.  He had almost lost her. 
When he saw Heero pull Relena under the table the only thing he could think about was saving Sally.  He wouldn't know what to do if he lost her.  She was an excellent partner, an excellent soldier, an excellent friend, an excellent .kisser.
 
He frowned at himself.
 
'She is my partner that's it'
 
'Right.  She's a lot more than that.  And you know it.  That's why you haven't let her go yet.'
 
Sally relaxed in his arms.  She wasn't about to tell him to let her go. 
She loved having his breath on the back of her neck.  It made her spine tingle.
 
'What the hell are you thinking? He doesn't want you. And you don't want him..yeah right'
 
Wufei inhaled the scent of her hair and closed his eyes as butterflies fluttered in his stomach.
 
'What the hell am I doing?'
 
He let go of Sally and resumed his "I don't care" attitude.  Sally turned around to look at Wufei.  She noticed that he put his mask back on.
 
'Tender moment over' 
 
She sighed and turned to enter the conference room to survey the damage.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Everybody came out of their hiding places to view the damage.  Sally and Wufei entered from the med lab and Milliardo, Noin, Duce and Lady Une entered from the hallway.
 
"What the hell happened in here."  Milliardo said as he scanned the damaged room
 
"Milliardo! You're awake!"  Relena said as she tried to run to her brother to give him a hug but the mess in the room slowed her down.
 
Heero crossed his arms and looked at Milliardo, "Someone sent Relena roses and a vase with a card that indicated that I had sent them to her."
 
Milliardo raised an eyebrow.
 
"Don't worry" she said to Milliardo, "Heero would never SEND me anything"
 
Heero narrowed his eyes at her and Relena did the same.
 
Jai immediately grabbed Heero's laptop and began typing furiously.  By the look on her face you knew she was in soldier mode.  Catherine grabbed the computer built into the table and began hacking on it.
 
"How did you know that vase was a bomb", Heero asked.
 
"Because I designed it" Catherine said not looking up from the computer.
 
"Catherine. Initiate Preventer System shut down sequence", Jai said in that Yuy monotone voice.
 
"You can't shut down the system.  Only ComCor International CEO's  can shut down the system." Quatre said.
 
"We are ComCor International." Kellee said as she walked toward Catherine.
 
The guys were puzzled.  ComCor International was the computer company in charge of designing and maintaining the Preventer Computer System as well as other big corporations including the Winner Corporation.  On a personal note, the guys were shareholders in ComCor International, which made them fairly wealthy men.  Not as wealth as Quatre but they could live very comfortable.
 
"I take it you never read the memos I send you Quatre." Jai said to the confused man "ComCor has the computer contract for Winner Corp.  I thought you would know that."
 
Quatre thought for a moment and his eyes grew wide.  "You're Janai Jamenson?"
 
"In public I'm Janai Jamenson. Jamenson is my mother's name.  Those that matter know that my last is actually Yuy.  I felt it would be better if I didn't go by Yuy in public.  That way people won't make the connection between me and Heero."
 
Jai stopped typing and looked at the readouts on the screen and she frowned.
 
Catherine began the shut down by entering her authorization code and moved out of the way so Kellee could enter hers.  Hilde came over and did the same.
 
"Jai we need your authorization code" Hilde said as she finished.
 
"Heero.  Take a look at this" Jai said in her monotone voice as she left the laptop and walked over to Hilde.
 
Heero stared at the screen.  "The diagnostics says the firewalls are clean.  So?"
 
"Preventer System shut down in 30 seconds" the computer acknowledged.
 
"So? Catherine and I uploaded that bomb design yesterday to our private weapons database.  Someone's been hacking in the Preventer System and there are no holes in the firewall."
 
"Inside job" Duo said.
 
Hilde nodded.
 
"We've been infiltrated", Lady Une stated not hiding her anger.
 
"That would explain why the guards were waiting for us when we got to that base.  They knew we were coming."  Catherine said.
 
"Well apparently they can't follow directions."  Kellee said.
 
"Why would you say that?" Trowa asked.
 
"Because we are all still alive.  When Cath makes a bomb, she makes a BOMB.  And that" gesturing to the hole I the wall " is not her handy work.  Its too small time."
 
Trowa looked as his sister in amazement.
 
"You'll be amazed at what your sister can do." Jase said as he looked at the shocked pilot.
 
"I am"
 
"But if they had the plans to make a stronger bomb, why didn't they?"  Noin asked.
 
"They only wanted to kill Relena" Milliardo said.
 
"Very good deduction."  Sally said.
 
"Yeah I should think so." Jai said.
 
Quatre noticed Jai was holding something back.  'I'll ask her later'
 
"Lt. Chang!" Samone shouted as she leapt on Wufei nearly knocking him over.  Everyone looked at the odd scene as Wufei extracted the black haired girl from him.
 
" I heard the explosion and I just had to come and see if you were OK." She said exasperated.
 
"Uh..I'm fine"
 
'One day I'm going to hurt that girl' Sally thought.
 
"Heero? Are you Ok?"
 
Heero and Jai turned around to see a red head girl walk through the hole in the wall.  Melissa St. John was a new recruit and apparently had some interest in Heero.
 
Jai eyed Heero, "Fan of yours?"  
 
Heero snorted, "It's Lt. Yuy. Do I know you?"
 
"Oh sorry Lt. Yuy.  Uhactually we meet during orientation." She said as she smiled at him.
 
Relena looked at the girl.  If looks could kill she'd be a corpse.  Sally, Catherine, Hilde, Noin, and Kellee noticed this and hid their giggles.  Jai was staring at Melissa narrowing her eyes.
 
'I don't trust her.  She's gonna be trouble.  I can feel it'
 
Quatre turned his attention from Samone to Melissa.  He sensed Jai's apprehension.  He'd admit, women hitting on Wufei and Heero was an odd occurrence.  Wufei and Heero are not what you would call "sociable" and women tend to shy away from those two.  Trowa got his share of attention from women.  He usually looked at them and kept going ignoring themwell all except Kellee.  Trowa was always looking for something and maybe Kellee could give it to him.  Women were falling all over Duo and himself, Duo for his good looks and charm and him for his money.  Duo didn't seem to mind the attention but he couldn't stand it.  Women only saw him as a walking piggy bank. He hated it. He'd rather be alone.
 
Samone smiled at Wufei, "Well, I'd better get back to work.  Take care" and she left the room.
 
"I'd better be going, too" Melissa said flashing another smile at Heero.
 
"Yeah you do that." Relena said just above a whisper but Milliardo and Noin heard and started snickering.
 
Melissa saluted and vanished out the way she came in .
 
"The walls have ears.  Meet me at The Loft.  Heero knows where it is."  Jai said, as she left.
 
The others followed behind her as maintenance team swarmed the room to begin making repairs.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Two people met in a dark hallway.
 
"I see the bomb has missed its target."
 
"It missed everyone"
 
"Her excellency is not going to be happy"
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Relena, Sally, Jai, Kellee, Catherine and Hilde left ahead of every on else in Relena's White and Gold Cadillac Escalade. They burned the Pink limo with her clothes.  Actually they put all of Relena's clothes in the Pink limo and let Catherine have fun with it, which she did.
 
After the guys had changed, they were ready to go to The Loft.  Heero and Wufei rode their motorcycles.  Quatre, Trowa and Duo rode in Quatre's Navy Blue Beamer (BMW).  Peygan retrieved Duce from Noin and Milliardo.  They rode with Lady Une in her red convertible Mustang.  Heero lead the way through the streets to The Loft as a small black car followed at distance.
 
They all came to the back entrance of a 10 story apartment building.  Heero typed in a code and the door opened to a private underground garage.  Relena's Escalade was already there.  They all boarded a private elevator and took it to the 10th floor.  When the door opened they were greeted by
 
Black smoke, yelling and "Staying Alive" blaring from the stereo.
 
"Open the windows!"
 
"Put that fire out!"
 
"Politicians and women out first!"
 
"Let all the politicians burn in hell!"
 
"If we don't stop that fire we're all gonna burn in hell!"
 
"Who the hell let Jai near the stove!?" Jase shouted as he made his way through the smoke filled loft.
 
"Susie homemaker thought it was a good idea for me to learn how to cook!"
 
"I didn't want you to cook the kitchen!" Catherine shouted.
 
"WellOuch!" Duo shouted tripping over a table as he tried to find his way to the kitchen "Staying Alive is definitely appropriate for this situation."
 
"Give me the fire extinguisher!"  Heero said as her saw the flames leaping around the stove.
 
Kellee grabbed both fire extinguishers and tossed one to Heero and the other to Trowa.
 
"Be careful Trowa! We wouldn't want that mighty bang of yours to catch on fire!"
 
"I won't have to worry about that if you would stop fanning the flames with all of that hot air coming out of your mouth, Kellee!"
 
"SHUT UP!!" Jai and Quatre said at the same time.
 
"Turn that damn radio down!" Wufei yelled.
 
After Trowa and Quatre put out the fire and all the windows were open, the smoke dissipated from the loft.  The stove was completely destroyed.
 
"What were you trying to cook?"  Milliardo said surveying his second disaster today.
 
"WHY were you trying to cook?" Heero asked.
 
"Trust me.  It wasn't my idea.  I was going to boil some eggs for the casserole and put the pot on the stove.  I forgot to put the water in the pan before I put it on the fire.  We went to play the CD player but with six women and six different songs we got in a "discussion" on who was going first and forgot all about it.  The next thing we know there's smoke everywhere."
 
"I've never met an Onna who couldn't boil water." Wufei said disgusted.
 
"Well there a first time for everything" Duo said looking at the melted remains of the innocent pot.
 
"I see Catherine has been trying to teach Jai to cook again."
 
Everyone turned to see a six foot four man with short brown hair and a dashing smile.  Lady Une's heart fluttered.
 
"Hi Si" Hilde and Kellee said at once.
 
"This" Jai said motioning to the new man " is Simon Davis.  He's our Gundam designer slash repairman."
 
"You onna's have Gundams?" Wufei asked astonished.
 
"Yes and since you have already seen them, don't start that onna's are weak shit." Catherine said already getting offend by whatever Wufei has to say.
 
"You were those new Gundams that helped us fight 6 months ago."  Trowa asked.
 
"Yup." Kellee replied.
 
"Let's get this meeting over with so we can go out to eat. I'm hungry" Jai said as she left the kitchen.
 
The apartment was too small to be called a loft.  It had a small kitchen, a connected living room and dining room.  It had one hallway that lead to three bedrooms and a bathroom.  Jai walked over to a wall and removed a picture to reveal a keypad.  She typed a code into the keypad and the wall opened to revel a long hallway aligned with four doors on each side and one at the end of the hallway.  Jai walked to the first door and open it.  It was a conference room with a huge conference table and tall leather seats.  It had a huge computer screen and a computer installed into the front wall.
 
Duo let out a long whistle. "This is amazing.  This looks like something out of a James Bond movie."
 
"It is. Spies must be prepared for anything. Each room has hidden entrances and exits.  I'll show you guys them before we leave.  You must be able to bail out at anytime in this game."
 
They all entered the conference room. 
 
"These chairs are really comfortable." Wufei said to no one in particular.
 
"I'll go get some coffee and tea for us." Relena said as she turned to leave the room.
 
"I'll go with you." Sally said and followed Relena out.
 
"Since you have already seen our Gundams, we'll skip that part and tell you their names.  My Gundam is Valkayie and I am the resident hacker." Hilde said.
 
"Mine is Avenger and I'm the strategist." Kellee added.
 
"Nemesis and I'm your handy dandy fire bug" Catherine stated.
 
"Venom and I blow things up" Jase said with a grin.
 
"Double Zero and I'm your neighborhood terrorist" Jai said flatly.
 
Heero shot her a glare.  "You finished it!"
 
"What exactly is Double Zero?" Duo asked hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.
 
"Twice as powerful than the zero system" Heero said his gaze not wavering from his sister.
 
"Hence the name Double Zero."
 
"ARE YOU NUTS?!" Duo shouted.
 
"Is that atrick question?" Kellee asked.
 
"If you're ever in my Gundam DO NOT activate the Double System you will be lobotomized."
 
"You've mastered it?" Heero asked.  You could tell he was shocked.
 
"Some what. I'm fine as long as I'm not emotionally stressed."
 
"What then?" Trowa asked.
 
"Run like hell." Catherine said.
 
"What's the status on our Gundams, Si?"  Hilde inquired.
 
"All repaired and ready to go.  Howard's going to transport them from The Playground to the Preventer hanger."
 
"I wondered what happened to him" Duo said.
 
"The Playground?" Lady Une asked with an eyebrow raised.
 
"We'll explain when the time comes." Simon answered eyeing Lady Une.
 
"Here we go." Relena said as she and Sally reenter the room with a tray of tea and Sally held the tray of coffee.
 
"Who wants what?" Sally inquired.
 
Everyone but Wufei, Jai, Kellee and Quatre wanted coffee.  Relena handed Wufei a cup of tea as well as Jai, Quatre and Kellee.
 
Wufei took a big gulp and grimaced.
 
"UGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT THE HELL KIND OF TEA IS THIS???!!!!"
 
"Why its Lipton" Relena said producing the red and white box with the old man on the front and smiled innocently.
 
Jai, Hilde, Duo, Quatre, Catherine, Noin, Simon, Kellee and Sally all broke out laughing hysterically.  Heero, Trowa, Milliardo and Lady Une tried to hide their laughter behind their masks of indifference but failing.
 
"HOW DARE YOU SERVE THIS SHIT??!!!"
 
"Wufei are you not satisfied with your tea?"  Relena replied in an innocent child like voice.
 
"INJUSTICE!!!!!!!"  Wufei raged.
 
"Actually the way you talk about women, this is JUSTICE.for us.  MAAAAAAWAWAWAWAWA!!!" Relena said with a maniac laugh.
 
Jai fell out of her chair laughing, "She finally figured it out."
 
"If you don't want to be the butt of the joke.." Catherine said.
 
"You better learn how to play 'em", Kellee, Hilde and Sally finished.
 
"And you Wufei are my first victim."  Relena said with a sardonic smile.
 
After the room quieted back down and Jai got back in her chair.
 
"Let's talk about who tried to kill Relena today" Milliardo said.
 
"Well before we do that there's something I have to tell you."  Jase said.  "Before I destroyed that base I found execution orders for all of us. "
 
"Annnnnnd you didn't think that was important enough to share with the rest of the class", Jai glared at Jase.
 
"There's more.  The list went in this order:
        Janai Jamenson Yuy
        Heero Yuy
        Relena Peacecraft
        Lucrezia Noin
        Duo Maxwell
        Jason Andrews
        Hilde Schbeiker
        Trowa Barton
        Catherine Bloom
        Kellee Deanna Winner
        Wufei Chang
        Sally Po
        Lady Une
        Quatre Raberba Winner
What's wrong with this picture?"
 
"They know I'm a Yuy" Jai said not liking this at all.
 
"My name is not on the list," Milliardo said.
 
"I'm gonna assume they were going to use you to carry out the executions probably Noin or Relena maybe both."  Heero said unmoved.
 
"They know that Jason and Duo are brothers.  As a matter of fact they seem to have all of the siblings listed together." Hilde said.
 
"Except for me and Quatre.  Who would put a Gundam pilot last on a hit list?"
 
"Someone who underestimates his abilities." Trowa stated.
 
"Or someone who has a particular interest in me." Quatre replied.
 
"That's the one that stands out in my mind." Jai said.
 
"But why would they try to kill Relena first if Jai and Heero are the first two on the list." Noin asked.
 
"Maybe they decided the order of the list doesn't matter as long as the executions are carried out."  Sally said.
 
"The enemy seems to know a lot more about us than we know about them."  Wufei added, "They know that Relena and Heero are.." he was trying to find the right word.
 
"friends" Heero and Relena said at he same time.
 
"Thank you" Wufei continued "because they sent that bomb with Heero's name on it knowing Relena would not reject it."
 
"We know that that bomb plan came from our weapons database.  The question is who hacked into it and how long have they been doing it."  Catherine said.
 
"And what other tricks of ours they have?" Hilde added.
 
"I'll gather data on the new recruits. It's got to be one of them or more."  Lady Une stated, "We're also going to have to do a sweep of Preventer HQ to see if it has been bugged."
 
"If they got into the Furies database which has an additional firewall, then we can assume HQ is bugged" Simon stated.  "I'll run a diagnostic to see if they have breached The Playground System."
 
"God helps us if they did." Relena said.
 
Jai leaned back in her chair and sighed, "And so it begins."
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Jai was standing on the roof of the apartment building. By having the whole 10th floor to herself, she has a private stairway that lead to the roof.  It was a warm summer night, not to hot, not to cold, it was perfect.  The gentle breeze made her dark brown hair sway.  She was looking over the edge of the roof, the lights setting the city below all a glow.  Quatre stood behind her watching the wind play with her hair making her look heavenly.  His heart was doing things it never did when he was with Dorothy.  He did love Dorothy but he never had this feeling and he was with her for three years.  Jai has somehow brought out feelings he never knew he had. 
 
'And just think I've only known her a week.'
 
"How long are you going to stand there before you say anything, Quatre?" Jai said without looking at him.
 
She always knew when he was near.  Her stomach would get queasy and her hormones run amuck. Part of her liked it and part of her hated it.
 
"I'm sorry Nai-Nai I didn't mean to intrude" He softly replied.
 
His voice was like a soothing melody to her ears.
 
'STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!' she demanded her body as shivers ran from the base of her neck down to her most inter sanctum.
 
"What do you want?" Jai asked coldly.  He wasn't fooled he could see right through her charade.
 
"I want to know what else you're not telling us about that bombing.  I know you're holding back something." He said as he walked to stand a foot away from her.
 
'How does he know?'
 
Jai sighed,  "If that bombing was successful, it would have started a chain reaction of events. Heero would eventually commit suicide.  He may pretend not to care about Relena but his life will end the moment hers does.  The original bomb plan has enough power to blow that room sky high and take half of HQ with it.  It's almost like someone wanted Heero to suffer because of Relena's death.  Then Heero's death would cause me suffering so great I doubt I could ever bear it.  I nearly lost it when he self detonated.  Hence I would suffer because of his death.  Do you see where this is going? Who ever sent that bomb know us better than we know ourselves."
 
Jai turned to stare out into the city.  Quatre took a moment to absorb what she had said.
 
'What would her death do to me?'
 
He walked over and stood next to Jai.  He really needed to think.
 
"Hey Jai, Quatre can I talk to you a minute?"
 
Jai and Quatre turned around to see Duo with a serious look on his face.  They knew what ever he wanted it was important.
 
"What can I do for you Duo?"
 
"I need to know how Hilde feels about me", he said in a low tone.
 
"How do you feel about her?' Jai asked with a smile on her face.
 
"I don't know?"
 
"I think you do." Quatre said as he looked at Jai with mischief in his eyes.  Jai smiled back and walked over the patio furniture she kept on the roof for lounging and picked up two pillows.  She walked back over to Duo and Quatre handing a pillow to Quatre.
 
"We are going to help you solve your problem, Duo" Jai said with a maniac smile.  Duo was having second thought about coming to Jai with this.  He moved a little closer to Quatre but when he looked at him, he had the same maniac smile Jai had. 
 
'I'm in trouble'
 
"Now Duo we're going to ask you a few questions, OK?" Jai said moving closer to Duo with the pillow in her hand as Quatre did the same.
 
"Why was so important for you to find Hilde? Quatre asked.
 
"I don't know"
 
***POOF***
 
"Wrong answer." Quatre replied as he hit Duo in the head with his pillow.
 
"Why did you spend 6 months trying to find Hilde?"
 
'Ok I don't know is not the right answer so I'll try this one'
 
"I need her help to run the business?"
 
***POOF***
 
"Wrong answer" Jai said smacking him in the head with her pillow.
 
"Why did you get mad at her when she said she was joining the Preventers the day she left?" Jai asked.
 
"There's no need for her to fight. She almost got herself killed fighting." Duo replied getting agitated.
 
***POOF***
 
"Wrong answer"
 
"Why did you get so upset when you found out that Hilde was a Preventer?" Quatre asked.
 
"Why did you get mad when you found out your sister was a Preventer?" Duo shot back.
 
"This isn't about me, it's about you." Quatre replied, "Now answer the question correctly."
 
"I don't want her to put herself in danger."
 
***POOF***
 
"Wrong answer but we're finally getting somewhere."
 
"Why does it matter to you if Hilde puts herself in danger?" Jai asked.
 
"I don't want her to get herself killed." Duo ground out through his teeth.  They were seriously getting on his nerves.
 
***POOF***
 
"Wrong answer but your getting warm."
 
"Why does it matter to you if she gets herself killed?" Quatre said.
 
"Damn it you guys are pissing me off!"
 
"Answer the damn question, Duo."
 
"Because I care about Hilde!"
 
***POOF POOF***
 
Jai and Quatre both hit him with a pillow.
 
"WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT HILDE?!" they both shouted at the same time.
 
That was it.  They had made him mad.  He was ready to rip their heads off and spit down their necks.  They'd managed to push buttons he didn't even know he had.
 
"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH HILDE AND I NEED HER!!!!" Duo yelled.
 
This time the pillows didn't come.  Jai and Quatre dropped their pillows and started clapping profusely.
 
Quatre looked at Jai "It took him long enough."
 
"It's amazing, how could he be a Gundam pilot and yet be so dense."
 
The words that tumbled out of his mouth left him numb, shocked .happy?.  Emotions that he had been avoiding came to him in a rush.  When she'd left him he felt a pain in his chest unlike any other and he didn't know why.  A black hole opened up in his soul and he did know why. His days were dark and his nights were long and he didn't know why.  When he couldn't find her the felling of hopelessness set in and he didn't know why. But now he knew whyhe loved her. She was his sun and he could not survive with out her.  When she held him when he had those nightmares, the nightmares vanished.  She healed his batter soul with her smile, her words and her touch.  She accepted him for who he was and never held his past against him.  He had been going form one relationship to another looking for something someone and he had it all along. With her he was .complete.
 
'I'm in love with Hilde and Hilde's in love withme'
 
Duo's smile returned to his face. "Thanks guys"
 
"Anytime you need some sense knocked into that thick skull of yours, feel free to come to us." Jai said returning his smile.
 
"Hey guy's were going to Chinatown for dinner.  Let's go." Hilde excitedly said coming up the stairs.  Duo took off after Hilde.
 
Still smiling Jai reached into her pocket and pulled out a hand held computer organizer and began entering something.
 
"What are you doing?" Quatre asked as he came closer to see what she was typing.
 
"Updating my cupid list."
 
"Cupid list?"
 
Quatre leaned closer to see what she was talking about.  She had set up a tab for each couple:
Heero/Relena
Duo/Hilde
Trowa/Kellee
Catherine/Jason
Wufei/Sally
Simon/Lady Une
 
"You really think Simon and Lady Une are going to hit it off" he asked looking at her.
 
She raised her head and looked straight into his eyes.  Her heart skipped a few beats, "Yes" tearing her gaze from his.
 
"Why is the Catherine/Jason tab red?"
 
"Because they're done.  They've admitted that they love each other therefore there's nothing else I need to do."
 
"You're going out of your way to make sure everyone is happy?  What about you?  Don't you want to be happy?" Quatre said still staring at her.
 
"I'm happy when everyone else is happy." Jai replied about to put the organizer away.
 
"Wait I'd like to help you with your plan of making sure everyone is happy.  Let me make a few comments about Duo."
 
Jai looked at Quatre puzzled," UhOK" as she handed him her organizer.  He after a couple of minutes he handed it back to her and walked away.  Jai glanced at it and was about to put it away.
 
"Wait a minute!" she said to herself as she looked at the organizer again.  There was an extra tab
Quatre/Janai
 
She called out to his retreating form, "It's never gonna happen, Quatre!"
 
Quatre looked over his shoulder and smiled as he continued walking toward the stairs.
 
"Arrogant Bastard" Jai said as she shoved the organizer back into her pocket and headed for the stairs.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Jai and Quatre emerged from the stairwell.
 
"What took you two so long."  Duo said as he winked.
 
Jai and Quatre rolled their eyes.
 
"Who's paying for dinner?" Catherine asked as she grabbed Jase's hand.
 
"Who elseQuatre." Duo answered as he draped an arm around Hilde's shoulders and headed for the elevator.
 
"WHAT!? Who the hell do you think I am Duo.Daddy Deep Pockets?!"
 
The room went still for about two seconds before laughter erupted. No one expected that kind of a come back from Quatre.
 
"Why do I always have to pay when we go out to eat?  It's not like you can't afford it.  You pay for dinner."
 
"Well let Relena pay for it." Hilde said not minding that Duo has his arm around her.
 
"Excuse you?  This" she said holding up her purse, "is not a money bin.  There is no way I'm paying for you and Duo to eat.  You two eat too much."
 
Jai shook her head as they all got on the elevator.  "We'll call it a business dinner and let ComCor pay for it." She said as the elevator doors closed.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
They all piled into Jai's Black and Gold Escalade and Relena's White onewell everyone except for Heero and Wufei who rode their motorcycles to Chinatown.  As they proceeded down the street a small black car followed them.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The hostess of the restaurant seated them in their banquet room to accommodate the size of the group.  After they place their order they chatted amongst themselves.  Duo and Hilde were joking with each other.  Relena was talking to Milliardo, Noin and Lady Une.  Heero sat next to Relena with his eyes closed.  Simon was talking to Catherine and Jase.  Jai and Quatre were going back and forth playing referee for the argument between Sally/Wufei and Kellee/Trowa. As meal progressed Jai was getting an uneasy feeling from someone at the table but she couldn't determine who it was coming from.  During desert the feeling only increased and she tried to focus her empath abilities.  She looked at Quatre to see if he sensed anything only to find he was deathly pale.
 
"Uh guys?  I don't feel so good." Duo said growing paler by the second.
 
"It's probably from all that food you ate." Heero said as he looked at Duo.
 
"No. I don't think it was that."
 
All of a sudden Jai felt a sharp pain.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Quatre screamed.
 
Duo clutched his chest and fell over in Hilde's lap.
 
"DUO!!!!"