CHAPTER ONE: OUR REUNION

Captain Thomas Walker rode his Titan bike with confidence that day. Lieutanant Otto, his aide had confirmed their discovery of a 20 year old mech. This mech was huge, measuring some 40 feet in height. Otto mumbled something about it being called 'Tallgeese' by the techies, who likened it to a giant white bird.

CORSICA, NEAR TALLGEESE'S DISCOVERY POINT.

<Walker>: Yo, Otto! I hear we've got an officer coming to visit! You better get the base cleaned up!I don't want Bonaparte getting all bitchy over it again!

<Otto>:Don't worry, boss. He's already in his little balloon at Corsica. Besides, I think you know this guy...

<Walker>: Enlighten me, dude.

<Otto>: Sources at Bonaparte's base say that he's Zechs Marquise.

(Walker stops in the middle of the road,holding up traffic)

<Driver>:Hey you moron! Quit dreaming and go already!

<Walker>:Hey....the man in the iron mask is back....(puts on his mask) Can't wait to see you, Tin Man...

<Soldier:> Sorry sir, Commander Bonaparte isn't here.

<Zechs>:It's alright. It's no secret that he doesn't like me.

(Walker revs up to annoy Zechs)

<Walker>:Hey ugly!

<Zechs>:...

<Walker>:You haven't changed one bit, Zechs-O-Bugeye!

<Zechs>: Walker. It's nice to see you again too. It's been..too long.

<Walker>:Is that all you can say??Geez, same BORING old Zechs.

(Kicks Zechs in the shin) Maybe you should look up Lucy.

You sure need some down time.

<Zechs:>You mean Noin. That is a good idea, really. Now to business. What's

this MS you say you want me to see?

<Walker:> Come,come, Bug Eyes.

<Zechs> On that thing?

<Walker>: Whazzamatter, Bug eyes? Scared of a widdle harley? (pouts)

<After a harrowing drive through Corsica's streets, they arrive>

<Otto>:Velkommen sir. We're working on the new mech as per orders.

<Walker:>See for yourself, Zechs...(reveals Tallgeese under reconstruction)

<Zechs>:You say this suit can rival the Gundams is it's completed?

<Walker:>Yup. From the data I got from you on Gundam, this is probably their

only equal.

<Zechs:>I don't believe something this old can be of any use to us.

<Walker:>It's more advanced than you think. Look at that Gun.

<Zechs>:Impressive. And you say I can take it from Baikonur after you patch

her up?

<Otto and Walker nod>

<Zechs>:You want to die?

<Walker>: I want to eat lunch. Besides, we suspect it has the same make as

the Gundam I fought near Tashkent. Nataku.

<Zechs:>You fought a Gundam and survived?

<Walker>: It was more like stale mate. Scorpio was out of ammo, and Nataku

was dead locked. He...squirmed free and boosted out. Beleive me,

Nataku's pilot is good.Really good.

<Zechs:>There are four to look out for. That one is not headed here.

<Walker>:Lunch.

<Zechs:>Expect the maximum enemy, Walker. Like I told you.

<Walker>:Lunch. Before I fight, I want lunch.

(Otto hands Walker a sandwich)Here ya go boss.

Zechs doesn't bother criticizing Walker. He knows that underneath that happy-go-lucky exterior lurks a ferocious warrior. Zechs remembers that Walker beat him in hand to hand at the Academy, and went on to finish first in that category.Walker remembers Chang Wufei's words, "So, Scorpio. You are strong indeed. I will remember you for some time."

<Zechs:>Let's go to Corsica base to load up Tallgeese.

<Walker:>I'll load Scorpio up too. You never know, Zechs.

[CORSICA BASE]

<Walker flies in>: Handles like a dream, eh guys?

<Specials pilot>: Yes sir!

<Bonaparte>:They think this is some sort of aristocratic playground. besides, what could dare challenge this security?

<Trowa>: Hmmmph. It's time.

(SandRock fires its missiles, ripping Leos apart and causing havoc)

<Bonaparte>:Surround him! We'll show those Specials how it's done!

(SandRock fires its chain guns and breast guns)

<Zechs:>This plane....what's with the fuzzy dice, Otto?

{Specials Aries form up on Bonaparte's blimp]

<Walker>: Okay guys, form up on me and stay focused!

<Pilots>:Right!

(Trowa runs out of ammo) :Oh dear. So soon.

(Aries pilot gets slashed with Army Knife)

Pilot:He's outta ammo! Now I'll show him what the Specials can do!

<Walker>:No, you little prick!

(Rachid's sniper shot nails the Aries, Maganacs attack.

<Walker>: Come and get me, you monsters!! (Rises and fires missiles)

Quattre: SandRock, climb!

(SandRock flies up and locks horns with Scorpio. Electric lightning lights up the sky as neither budges)

<Walker:>Come on, come ON!DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!!!

<Quattre>:Ugh! This guy's tough, I'll give him that.

<Zechs>: I'm taking off. Walker, get back here!

<Walker>: But this Gundam!

<Zechs>:Forget the Gundam. Do you trust me?

<Walker>: Whatever you say, Lieutenant!(escapes)

(Quattre faces off with Trowa,but Zechs and Walker escape)

<Walker>:OK Zechs, I trust your judgement..NOWWHYDIDYOUDOTHAT?

<Zechs:>Because Noin would not want you dead before we visit her.

<Walker:>Noin?? Otto, where are we going?

<Otto:>Victoria Base, boss.

<Walker:>Cool, where my Toruses are being produced!One of my favourite designs.But still those guys down there.....

<Zechs>:I know. There was nothing we could do.

<Otto>: Even civillian kids know that, Boss...

(Zechs tries to press comm button, but is doesn't work)

<Walker>: It's a pay phone, Zechs.

<Zechs>:*sigh*(inserts quarter)

<Noin>:Well, if it isn't Lieutenant Zechs. Long time no see. I've heard

rumors about you.

<Zechs>:I don't like where the rumors are headed.Some people are simply putting words in my mouth. That even makes my allies overexpectant.On the flip side, I hear that you've become a superior all round soldier, and a trainer of pilots..... But Noin, I thought you hated war.

<Walker>:(Appears on split screen) Lucy likes going to outer space, don't you, Lucy?(Smirks)

<Noin lights up>:Hey,hey! Is that you, Walker? Your masks get more bizarre

everytime!Yes, I love outer space...*sighs*

<Walker>: She's still as pretty as ever, right Zechs?

<Zechs>:uhh...(Noin giggles)<Noin>:You Bogart you. Are you two on your way

here?

<Walker:>We wanna load up some stuff.Also, I want to see my babies in action!

<Zechs:>Yes, the Torus suits. You're launching them today, aren't you?

<Noin>:Yup. I'll prepare quarters for you two and your staff.

<Zechs>:No need. We won't be here long.

<Noin>: Welcome back Zechs...or should I say Peacecraft. Let me help you out again...

<Chang>:He's here. I can feel him. Pity he's an OZ soldier. When I fought him, it was like wrestling a scorpion...even when he was down he still managed to hold me off (remembers Scorpio's chest gun firing at Nataku).He didn't even call for reinforcements. Now there's a worthy opponent.Anyway, I still have my mission. The bombs are in place. Just to wait for the set time....

(In the bar): Zechs>: Cheery place you've got here.

<Noin>:Most of our soldiers are young and restless. I thought this style would suit them.

<Walker>:You mean the bar hoppers...

<Noin>:You won't find any of my soldiers dying on the battlefield.I train them not to overdo things, to pull back when in trouble. The power of life over death is the key to winning.

<Zechs>:My men died.I don't agree with your philosophy there Noin.

<Noin>:Battles that risk men's lives are miscalculations!

<Walker>:And I suppose playing it safe means living? That's not how it works,Noin...I fought a Gundam to save Baikonur...do you think I made a miscalculation?

<otto on the phone>: Boss, ya gotta come here, to the East Hangar...

<Walker>: Hmmm...someone stole the fuzzy dice? That, and Scorpio's ready for its next test?The Toruses are 100%? Excellent, Otto. By the way, are you calling collect?

<Otto>:Yes.

<Walker>:I'm proud of you.(puts phone down) So, I'll leave you two to...catch up (smirks). I've gotta check on my first loves, the suits. Bye now!

{Noin taps Zechs' sword with hers): Well, Lieutenant Zechs, it's just you and me....'first loves', Hmmm...?

<Zechs>: He fixed us up, didn't he. <Fuzzy dice dangles from Zechs' hand>

<Noin>: Those were the days, Zechs....I got some time..want to..see my quarters?(Tugs at Zechs' coat)

<Zechs>:Noin...I have to go to the East hangar too.

(Noin kisses Zechs on the cheek): Don't be too long, Zechs...

(Zechs kisses her hand): Not too long... I have to dispose of something..

Stupid dice...

 

Before Noin can settle though, Chang explodes the dorms. Pilots are instantly blown up or burned. Noin is barely out of her jacket when the alarms go. She is shocked, as is most of the base. She runs to command immediate loading of the Torus suits, and Takes off in her Aries.

<Otto>:See Captain, someone stole the dice! How can I drive now?

<Walker>:This is indeed a problem....Now the plane's stuck in front of Torus

One. I swear, we're not leaving until we find those dice!

<Otto>:Alarm, boss! Someone's attacking!

<Walker>:Nataku.....It's him!

<Otto>:How do you know?

<Walker>:I just do, Otto. Inform Zechs when he gets here, I'm going after the Gundam! Prep Scorpio up!

<Otto>:Yes sir.

(Scorpio is unveiled, and Walker slips inside the cockpit)

Walker boosts out of the East Hangar, just as Zechs is arriving.Otto informs him of Noin and Walker's chase.

"They're going after the enemy..."

Noin corners Chang, but she is shocked by his age. Chang fakes her out with fireworks and zooms to Nataku. In the distance, Scorpio's jets are seen...

<Chang>:You underestimated me because you thought I was a child. That will be your final mistake, woman!(Shenlong tears apart two Aries)

<Noin>: No way! (Fires cannon)

(Chang disables her with the FireClaw): Ahhh Damn! Aries!

Scorpio: NATAKUUUUU!!

<Chang>: Well, well.... a worthy opponent!Now it gets intresting!

Shenlong turns around, meeting Scorpio's charge full on. He tries flaming his opponent, but Scorpio is fireproof. He takes out his Bo and the two grapple as Noin helplessly watches. Walker has apparently modified the control system to mirror his extensive fighting techniques. He and Nataku trade kicks, punches and slashes.Meanwhile, in base...

Soldier: I'm telling you, Otto! You move your plane out from number one!

<Otto>: No friggin way! We are not going anywhere until I find my dice!

Soldier: I could get you court martialled, otto!

Otto: Blow it in your ear, man. Where did those dice go?

Zechs: Otto's right.

Soldier:Never mind! Plane Two, move out!

Zechs:Here are the dice, Otto...

(Otto fishes the keys out of the dice):You knew, Lieutenant?

Zechs: Yes. Walker always hid his keys there.

The fight rages on...

<Chang>:Dammit! They haven't launched the plane yet? I can't use this Laser Guided Detonator without it! And Scorpio's beating the heck outta of me!

Scorpio: So, you're not so tough, are you, Nataku? (Slams fist on Shenlong's head) Think you can just kill soldiers in their beds? Where's your honour,fool? WHERE IS IT??

<Chang>: You speak of honour? You're an OZ member! What do you know about honour? (sees Plane 2 fly out) Time, to end this!

Scorpio: You give up?

<Chang>:No, you give up. (Presses detonator, Plane two goes Kaboom)

<Scorpio/Noin>: NOOO! The Torus suits!

<Chang>: You are right, Scorpio.I will grant you this victory. I didn't fight honorably tonight. Till we meet again, Scorpio! And next time, I promise, it will be one on one!

(Shenlong uses claw to jar Scorpio loose, and boosts away)

<Walker>: No....I won,but lost....The Toruses..the pilots....the base...

(Starts crying) Is this...the price of ..success? Noin...

maybe you can tell me...coz I don't know....all this death..

All coz I just wanted to win! I coulda...I coulda...

<Noin>: No...I have no answer...maybe we're just too weak, Walker...don't blame yourself...there was no way you could have known...I'm definitely out...

(Aries' carry Noin and a battered Scorpio to the pad, where Zechs and Otto await)

<Zechs, rising up on a rope>: Noin, are you alright?

<Noin:>I feel like shit..inside and out. Walker's just paralyzed, in shock.

I'm too soft. I want to retrain and become strong again!

<Zechs>:How would you like to work alongside me, Noin? You , me and Walker, just like the old days.

<Noin>:I'd love that, Zechs...where's Walker, anyway?

<Walker, standing on top of Aries>: I cannot...live like this.... I create mecha to end wars...I fight to finish things so that the kids don't die....I fight so that things like this don't happen... God Damnit, Nataku...WHYYYY?

WHYYYYYYYY??

<Otto>:Lieutenant! Up there! He's gonna jump!

(Walker free falls backwards, in a fit of insanity.Zechs grabs him just as he passes, but Walker makes no attempt to get up)

<Zechs>: Don't lie to yourself. There was nothing you could have done.

<Walker>:There's a lot I could have done....I could have built Scorpio stronger...I could have flown faster to save Noin...I could have killed Nataku outright....I could have fought harder.

<Noin>:Walker, you saved me out there. If you hadn't intervened, I would have been that Gundam's roadkill by now. Don't be so hard on yourself....

I was weak out there too...but I've chosen to stand by Zechs..you can too...together we can be stronger!

<Zechs>: Walker, you're a survivor. You fought a Gundam twice and survived.Even I haven't done that yet. You don't need equipment to be strong,Walker. A real soldier does not depend on his tools,but his mind.

 

<Walker>:Soldiers do not lose twice and live, unless they're cowards.Is that

what you are calling me, Marquise? I'm not a coward!

<Zechs>:......

<Walker>: Otto...back to Baikonur. Time to check on our little pet project.

<Otto>:Alright. Lieutenant Zechs gave the dice back. We can fly out now.

<Walker>: I'll be in touch, guys. Hopefully we'll fight together again someday. Only this time without anyone else dying senselessly.

<Noin>:Walker...

<Walker salutes>:For the Soldiers of the Future.

<Zechs/Noin>:For the soldiers of the future.

<Noin>:Zechs, I worried about him.

<Zechs>: Walker'll be just fine. You should know. He's one of the most loyal

and dedicated people I know of. Right now, we have to get on with

Trieze's plan.

<Noin>:Walker doesn't know about it yet.

<Zechs>: Noin, please don't make it harder for me.Walker is deeply

distressed right now. To tell him now would just upset him

further.He is extremely valuable to us right now.

<Noin>:You're not talking about the suits he makes, are you?

<Zechs>:No...I'm not. Walker's energy is phenomenal. Aside from you, there's

no one else I'd want in a foxhole with me.

<Noin>:You're finally opening up, Zechs....

next chapter