CHAPTER 10- GREAT CHEF + OTTO= ROSE

 

The Scorpions,Phantom Scorpio in particular are rocked by a series of revelations on Earth. For one, Zechs' Marquise's true identity makes Phantom wonder who the good guys really are-OZ or the Gundams. The Scorpions are also wondering if they are the villains. Phantom refuses to ally with Quattre after helping ShanLong,SandRock and HeavyArms fend off a 500-strong OZ force.This is because he feels that the Scorpions and Gundams do not share the same objective. Back at Moon Base, Crimson and Chef...uhh Desert Rose are fawning over their latest creation....a Gundam!

<Otto>: T'res magnifique, Crimson!

<Mardyev>: It's finished...what did you call it?

<Otto>: Gundam Jauhara. It's Arabic for Jewel. (Sniffs rose)

<Mardyev>: Where did you get that? The new greenhouse?

<Otto>: mmmmHm. *sniff* Fits the bill perfectly. If you weren't so goddamn frigid, I'd hug ya!

<Mardyev>: Don't. I'd shoot you first.

<Otto>: Alright,alright..sheesh! Can you be at least proud of this thing?

<Mardyev shakes head>: We've taken all the G parts we can find around here. Check out the head. It's Gundam, but with our Scorpion Y-shaped visor.We've had to patch this thing like a toy. You better take care of it!

<Otto, hiding in mock fear>: Ooooh! Chief Crimson Face angry! Smoke peace pipe?

<Mardyev>; No smoking in the lab.... Be serious, Rose! This unit is your new MS, for stealth missions and subterfuge....bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

<Otto>:ZZZZzzzzzZZZ....

(Mardyev smacks Otto)

<Otto>: MMhm..Lady Une..do that to me...zzZZZzz

<Mardyev>: Lady Une? Gawd, this young man has strange fantasies. I wouldn't want to see what's in his mind....or what's on it!

<Otto,awake but pretending>: What you doing to me, girl.....(Looks at recon photo again)...what's wrong with me?

<Mardyev,ho-humming>: I suggest you get some training in this thing. It's got Rising Gundam's bow/arrow set, plus part of its head. The legs we took from a Nobel Gundam. The chassis is from Rose Gundam, apparently your favourite. Anything else, besides lunch?

<Otto>: Is this really going to work? I mean, we put a whole lotta stuff together...

(Mardyev glares at Otto): Doubt.... me?Hmph!

<Otto>: No.Never thought of it.(whistles) I'm going out now. You keep Jauhara working, hear?

<Mardyev>: What am I, Crimson Nanny? YOU keep it running! Bohze moi....as if I don't have a whole colony to help....ptui!

(Spit lands in spitoon):Ting!

--LOOKING OUT DA WINDOW--

<Otto>: I don't even know what your hair smells like...I've never heard the sound of your voice...I've never kissed you.... Yet,why am I always looking at your picture....?(Stares at Siberia pic)

<Silver,back from chapter 9>: Heyyy,there you are! (pats Otto on the back)Damn, you missed meeting the Gundams!They are as awesome as Phantom said they were.

<Otto>: Hiya, Silver...mission OK,old man?

<Silver>: Yup.500 mechs,here and there, but it was fine...(sarcasm!)

<Otto>:Silver, can I ask you about something? Private-like?

<Silver>: What's eating you, kid? You look kinda down.

<Otto>: Iz about a certain femme...

<Silver>:Ah, the one that prompted your name change. We still don't even know her name.

<Otto>: She's not the type....that cares much about what we do...

<Silver>: I've had my fair experiences with women, Kavon (Russian for brother). Maybe if you convinced her, it'll be fine?

<Otto,to self>: Convince Lady Une...HAH! As if....!

<Otto>: Maybe,Silver...I still don't know why my heart ticks like it does around her...

<Silver>:That's love, bub.Hits you like a ton of bricks, then leaves you dizzy. This new persona of yours probably is your attempt at fixing that...?

<Otto>; Actually, I hear she likes roses, so..

(Silver laughs) : You remind me of my 23-year old self!Ah, to be young!..Listen, I gotta go to the potty. You get that girl already!

(Silver runs into men's room)

<Otto>:Easier said than done, old man...

(Phantom Scorpio enters from the Lab)

<Scorpio>: Hey Otto! Nice MS you got in there! Valentin really knows his stuff, eh?

<Otto,moping>; yeah,whatevA...

<Scorpio>: Is it that woman again,Chef uh I mean Rose?

<Otto>: I don't know...

<Scorpio>: You don't know. Aiight. Maybe you should take Jauhara to Moscow for a test run. Pisces will also be conducting a test run, so you can tag along, seeing if the repairs are sufficent.

<Otto>: Moscow...s'far from Luxembourg..

<Scorpio>: Luxembourg? OZ HQ? Hey, we're fighting a guerillla war here! We have to be as inconspicous as possible!Why on earth would you go to Luxembourg?

<Otto>: Nuffin, just a displaced thought. So Jauhara's test is near Moscow, eh? That's where Darlian's daughter is headed. Maybe it's a diplomat meeting.My assistant...rose gardeners aren't sure.

<Scorpio>: Just make sure Jauhara is capable of functioning with the new ScorpionCam in its head. And hey! I like that 'King of Hearts' logo!!Wonder what it means.....

<Otto>: It means I'm the King of Hearts (stands up). I gotta live up to that tag now.(slips away)

<Scorpio>: Holy mope....He's starting to sound like me!

==BRITANNY COAST,FRANCE,ON TRIEZE'S CRUISE SHIP==

<Trieze>: I want to talk to you about these nuclear apocalypse fantasies of yours...

<Lady Une>: I apologize ,Sir. It seems the Gundams did not fall for our gambit.

<Trieze>: If you were any other soldier I'd have you chained for treason! Don't you know that nuclear weapons give us a bad image?We're supposed to be liberating people from the Alliance. I urge you be more graceful next time,Lady Une...I don't want OZ to be hated so much,a target for the whole Earth.

<Lady Une>: Y-y-yessir, Mister Trieze!

<Trieze>: That is all. Remember, do not under any circumstances attack with nuclear weapons. We are going to fight with honour and courage.Simple devastation will leave nothing but a hollow sphere..

<Lady Une>: Yes Sir. Permission to return to my ship now?

<Trieze>:Yes,Lady Une. I'll be here in my office if you need me...BOO!

(Lady Une jumps)

<Lady Une>: AHHHH!...*ahem*I'll be going now.

(Chang Wufei, on the coast)



<Wufei>:Trieze....No thanks to you, I have dishonoured Nataku! Now I leave to fight you...with only my sword.(jumps into boat)

Chang Wufei is not a happy Gundam pilot. After the Siberia fiasco, and the now famous 500-mech assault,Wufei feels more alone and unworthy of his Gundam Shenlong. He feels that Trieze has dirtied the cloak of honour with innocent blood of the colonists.He is unaware it was all Lady Une's idea,but he does not care. To reclaim his fighting spirit, he must defeat either Phantom Scorpio or Trieze Kushrenada-he never has. With the former aiding him in battle at the 500-mech assault, Trieze is now the honourable choice.

(Boat springs a leak)

<Wufei>: Dammit! Now I know why I'm a pilot,not a carpenter....

==SUB ORBIT==

<Pisces>: Systems are 67%,Unit Jauhara. We're unable to synchronize properly. The Gemini assault must have fried the internal gyros enough to render the stealth fields inoperable for the moment.

Request course of action?(COA)

<Rose>: Try an orbit loop. Since you can't hang around like the Aquarius,I suggest you try to use gravity to steer you and not thrust.

Meanwhile,I'm dropping a little early,over France to test the new MS.

Remember, don't thrust until you absolutely have to... Phantom won't like this...report to base ASAP. Pickup in 12 hours.

<Female TorusScorpion>: Sir,12 hours is too long. We can't withstand 12 hours with a unit on Earth. It's too risky!

<Rose>: 5 hours,max. I dunno what I was thinking there,heh:)

<Female TorusScorpion>: New MS,sir. It's the suit:)

<Rose>: Aye aye. Beginning drop...

<Female TorusScorpion>: We'll be waiting,Desert Rose.(patches into another channel to fellow TorusScorpion) He's sooo cute,isn't he,Millie?Wonder what he looks like under that mask...

Indeed, Otto von Bahn is a changed identity. A new haircut, a new, green eyed mask. A snazzy new uniform,complete with cape. A Gundam to pilot. Heck, he even brushed his teeth today. The new Gundam is simply an excuse to get to Earth. He wants to confront Lady Une and quiz her about why he feels the way he does towards her.He will just walk around a bit, and then boost back up,confirming a failed test afterward. Whatever the outcome, he wants answers from Lady Une.Suddenly, there is a sound further down the beach.

<Wufei>:Who's there? (Overshadowed by Jauhara Gundam)

<Wufei>: Another...Gundam???I thought there were only five of us!

<Rose>: My name is Desert Rose. I too, come from the (Lunar) colonies. My objective is that white ship over there. (points to White Cruise ship)My guess is that it's yours too,correct?

<Wufei>: Hmmm...that ship,you say?

==ON BOARD LADY UNE'S SHIP==

<Lady Une>: I guess that massage didn't work. Now Mr.Trieze is mad at me! I can't fail him again! But what do I have to do to get rid of our enemies? Mr.Trieze says that I " have to understand OZ better". What did he mean??

<Controller Dude>: Ma'am, there's a stranded fishing boat hailing us. The captain says his boat has run aground. Should we send help?

<Lady Une>; Certainly not!!(Thinks of Trieze's words).....Wait, send a PT boat out.

(PT boat whizzes out)

<OZzie>: Hello? Anyone home? *CLANG* (Is hit by frying pan)

<Wufei>: OK,now to get to Trieze.

<Controller Dude>: Lieutenant Colonel Lady Une! Gundam attacking on deck!

<Lady Une>: Another one???Are they endless? Send out the Leos to fight them!

<Rose>: Phantom, ya wanted a field test, ya gonna get one!(Takes out bow and arrow)

Jauhara Gundam's attack is a welcome distraction for Wufei, who is zipping toward Trieze's ship unnoticed. Close to fifty Leos are massing on Jauhara. The new ScorpionEye attacking system allows Rose to nail several Leos with the Rising Arrow, while the rest fail to hit him. The Gundanium alloy helps,but Jauhara's strength is its agility. Dodging several hits, Rose makes brief work out of more Leos with his Arrows.Lady Une is not happy...

<Lady Une>: Can't you idiots get anything right???

<Controller Dude>: 70% of our Leos have been destroyed!

<Lady Une>: Send him into the sea! Put a Leo on the catpault and push him!

(Leo launches,Jauhara catches and slingshots it back into the ship towers)

<Controller Dude>: Whoa! DUCK! *BOOM*

<Lady Une>: AARRGH! Ready my Mobile Leo!

<OZzie>: It's ready,Colonel. It has the new mobile option,it should move like an Aries now.

(Mobile Leo launches at Jauhara)

<Rose>: What the f.....OW!

(Leo shoves Jauhara into the burning tower)

<Rose>; Who did that?Who's in there?

<Une>: I should be asking you that question!

<Rose>: Well, hello:) (Smiles mischevouisly)

(Jauhara pushes Leo off)

<Lady Une>: Die, Gundam! (Swings beam saber)

(Jauhara grabs Leo's beam saber arm)

<Rose>: I'm not here to fight you. In fact, I came here just to see you...my my,you're more gorgeous in person.

<Une,blushing but still focused>: What...? I'll finish you! (Exerts pressure)

<Rose>: Please. All I want to do is talk to you....Now that we're..'alone'.

<Une>: You gotta be kidding me,Gundam pilot!

<Rose>: Forgive me for being so bold, Lady. My name is Desert Rose. Like I said, I'm here only to meet you. I'm not here to attack you.I want to know...why are you messing up my mind?

<Une>I don't know what you're talking about!

(Jauhara takes out energy tipped scabbard,chops Leo's saber arm off)

<Une>: You're not getting to Mr.Trieze!

<Rose>: Lady,I'm here to see YOU,not your boss. Now that we've met, I want my answers.

<Lady Une>: What answers?? I don't even know you!(swings a punch)

Wufei,as we all know from the series,is engaging Trieze in a sword duel.He loses, and jumps into his PT boat feeling shamed. As Wufei zips off, Jauhara and Leo are left motionless. Leo's left arm lunges at Jauhara Gundam, but Jauhara calmly grabs it. The two pilots stare...

<Lady Une>: What do you want....?I don't understand.

<Rose>: I don't know myself...maybe another time,ma cheri. Au Revoir, ma petite.Till next time.

(Jauhara bends down and 'kisses'Mobile Leo's hand.A single red rose is left inside)

<Rose>: I guess I'll never learn....(Boosts up)Toruses, pickup time.

<Lady Une>: A rose....? What did that Gundam pilot want...?Why did he want to see me....?

<Trieze on comm>: I see another Gundam is getting away,Lady Une.

<Lady Une>: I apologize,sir. He disabled my boosters. I cannot give chase.I've failed you again,Mister Trieze.....(hangs head)

<Trieze>: Lady Une...excellent work!

<Une>: ??

<Trieze>: Your sortie enabled me to duel again with a very intresting character,a Gundam pilot named Wufei.Next time he and I meet,it'll have to be in his speciality,the Mobile suit. Thank you for dealing with the distraction.

<Une>: Y-y--es Mr.Trieze! Thank you!(Salutes)

<Une's comm off,she's thinking>: "Lady,it's YOU I want to see....."

"All I want to do is talk to you.."

He can't be one of them.....so what was he really looking for?

Good question, Lady Une. What did Otto want? Why didn't he finish her?Heck,why didn't he fight her? Maybe these Gundam pilots aren't as bad and violent as Lady Une thought.Then again, the other five are boys. This one appears like a fully grown man.The others have never met her. This one has.Jauhara Gundam and its pilot certainly won't be making its last appearance in her mind....

<Pisces>: So Otto, get any chicks down there?

<Rose,mask off>:......(Stares at Earth)

<Pisces>: Otto, you there, pal?

<Otto>: I am really screwed up......

<Pisces>: O-o-oookay...Setting course for Moon Base....Freeaky...

next chapter