CHAPTER 19 - CONVERGENCE

 

 

Otto von Bahn. Desert Rose. That's who I am. Pilot of Jauhara Gundam,loyal Scorpion. Lately I've been experiencing feelings for the one woman nobody is supposed to love-Lady Une, deputy leader of OZ. Something kept on nagging me before about her, ever since Siberia....My suspicions were confirmed when we met again in Moscow, where a fortuitous turn of events led me into her arms (in a way). I saw the true angel within her, albeit for a few brief moments.This was a completely different Une from the one at Siberia. No wicked smile, so evil in her heart....this is the woman I fell in love with. I just hope the Scorpions and Gundams can understand.....

 

<Scorpio>: We blew it no thanks to Peacecraft! Now Lady Une will be expecting us! Dammit! (slams fist)

<Silver>: At least Sylvia and the others got out. Poor Relena is still out there regretting her mistake.

<Rose>:....

<Scorpio>:Nothing to report, Otto?

<Rose>: Nothing, boss....Peacecraft threw my aim off, I couldn't get a clean shot...it's my fault...(of course it is! because my heart is so weak!)

(Rose sits back)

<Silver>: Are you sure you're alright, Otto? You look like you lost something...

*BEEP*BEEP*

<Puru 1>: It's Chief Nagaki,from the Ex-Bunds.

<Scorpio>: Nagaki! How goes it?

<Nagaki>: Scorpio, are you by any chance over Saudi Arabia?

<Silver>: Why yes, Nagaki. We're on our way to our next mission point.

<Nagaki>: I've been thinking...there's a powerful resistance corps called the Maguanarc Corps in the area.

<Scorpio>: Yeah, I've fought alongside their leader-the one known as Winner, pilot of Gundam Sandrock.

<Nagaki>: Winner? I thought Rashid was the leader....anyway, Rashid wants to speak to you...

(Puru 1 patches them in)

<Rashid>: Greetings, Phantom Scorpio, Silver Scorpion. I am Rashid, leader of the Maguanac Corps. We have heard of your exploits at the Battle of the 500 and in China.

<Scorpio>:Word spreads fast...

<Rashid>:I know you harbour some hostility towards our Master, the pilot of Sandrock.

<Scorpio>: Not at all, Rashid...recent events have made me think about the Gundams differently.(I wonder if that Heero kid got away)

[A BAR IN MEXICO]

(Heero is kicked out): OOf!

<Bartender>: No shirt, no service!

[AQUARIUS]

<Rashid>: In that case, there's someone who wants to speak to you.

<Quattre>: My name is Quattre Raberba Winner.

<Duo>: And I'm Duo Maxwell.

<Silver>: You're the ponytailed sissy I fought over Baghdad. You look smaller on TV.

<Duo growls>:I remember you, alright...

<Scorpio>: What do you want? You know what I said at Rub-al-Khali...

<Quattre>:Yes, I remember. But you also taught me to fight together with other Gundams.That's what made us attack together in Siberia.

<Scorpio>: And fail miserably.

<Quattre>: (chuckle) Yes, I will remember that. I still don't understand how you stopped the missile satellite by yourself.

<Silver>: Our little secret, Quattre.None of your business.

<Quattre>: I apologize. I just wanted to tell you that we Gundams are in a rather precarious position....OZ is looking for us everywhere.

<Duo>:Everywhere we go, there are OZ planes looking for us.

<Rashid>: We're holed up in a town underground base.

<Scorpio>: And you want...OW! Hey, Rose!

(is thwapped on the head by Desert Rose):Sorry, boss. You OK?

<Scorpio>: NO!

<Rose>: Forgive the boss, Quattre...Duo....he's just a little exhausted.

<Quattre>: Who are you?

<Rose>: Have you heard rumors of a sixth Gundam?

<Rashid>: Could you be....

<Rose>: Jauhara Gundam, at your service. (bows)

<Quattre beams>: Wow! An Arabic Gundam! "Jewel", it means...how did you get your hands on a Gundam? You're not from another colony, are you?

<Silver>: You could say....we pieced it together.

<Scorpio>:I get it, Winner. You guys need an airlift out, don't you?

<Quattre>: Please, Phantom. There are OZ forces headed this way. We can't hide forever. There are civilians' lives at stake here!

<Duo>: I hate to ask favours like this man, but we're desperate! I'm so ashamed...Deathscythe can't fight for these people...we need to get out of here!

<Scorpio>: Quattre.....(thinks)....I never knew Gundam pilots could plead. Aren't you all about suicide?

<Duo>: Heero sacrificed himself to save us....I've had enough of suicide for my liking.

<Scorpio>: Pssst, Rose....let's NOT tell him, eh? It's good to see that cocky kid down to Earth for once.

<Scorpio turns to Rashid>: We'll help the Maguanac Corps. Our job is to save the Earth from itself. Gundams have nothing to do with Earth, but if it is Rashid's wish...

<Rashid>: It most definietly is. We are sworn to protect Master Quattre.

<Scorpio>:I will help you, Quattre. You are different from Heero and Wufei. You actually care about the people around you for once..

<Twins>: They're sending a beacon, boss. They're in a village 20 kilometers south of Taif.

(Aquarius begins to descend)

<Ma>: I can't believe the Gundam pilots are all young boys....they should be in school or at play...

<Scorpio>:They believe in what they are doing, Ma. That's the most impotant thing.

[RUB-AL-KHALI VILLAGE]

<Duo>: Wow, what a party! (notices belly dancers)

<Abdul>: They're celebrating the safe return of us 40 Maguanac Corps! Hey, how can we refuse?

(Festival goes on)

<Otto, landing in the desert>: Hey, is this some sort of publicity stunt, boss? Just because I'm the Desert Rose...

<Scorpio,from Aquarius>: This is your chance to get the kinks out of your system. Something's been bugging you, Otto...I wish you could share it with us....

<Rose>: It's nothing....Scorpio.

<Scorpio>: Your white rose is missing......the one you grew on your own...

<Rose>: Must have lost it in Moscow... I guess some lucky girl got it..

(Jauhara Gundam moves forward, Aquarius lands and opens hatch)

<Silver>: We'll wait here. No doubt they'll be chased by OZ units. This is a good front.

<Sylvia and the Purus>: Wow, we can't see a thing! Good thing we've got sensors and all...

[VILLAGE]

<Toragos troops>: Excuse me, mister Mayor, butwe were wondering if you could lend us some food and water...we've been out here for months..

<Mayor>: But of course...but you are a tad intimidating.....

(soldiers with guns scour the premises)

<Toragos>: Yes, we've heard there are rebellious Middle Eastern troops in the vicininty.

(Toragos rumbles away)

<Abdul spotting the box bombs>: Shit! Look at those Oz bastards! They've put bombs all over the city!

<Rashid>: They're all gone, now search those boxes!

<Abdul>: Right!

<Bomb Dude>: This is not good, Master Quattre...these bombs can't be moved, and they're set to go at midnight, 12 exactly.

<Quattre>: It's the Gundams they want....I'm sure it's because of us the village is in trouble...

<Duo>: We can't just trash em?

<Rose, walking in>: You cannot.

<Quattre>: Desert Rose! It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Quattre Raberba Winner. (shakes hands with Rose)

<Duo>: Thought Scorpions didn't shake hands.

<Rose>: Well, you haven't met me yet, have you? Now Rashid, I've spotted a Tragos troop coming towards this village. We have to abandon it it these guys are to survive.

(points to Quattre and Duo)

[MIDNIGHT]

<Purus & Sylvia, on a heap on the control room>: ZZZzzzZZ

<Scorpio>: What luck, Silver! 2 kms west of us, the sensors picked up three carrier ships. They look like Tragos class.

<Silver>: On it. (Scorpio mk II exits with two LeoScorpions)

<Carrier troops>: What the- *BOOM*

<Silver>: Save one for Rose and the Gundams. Just one. (fires chain gun)

<LeoScorpion>: Aye aye, Silver. (Fires shoulder missile) They're all empty!

(Forrest Gump runs by)

<LeoScorpion>: ???

[TRAGOS LOCATION]

<Tragos>: 12:00......*BOOM* (Explosions rock village)

<Rashid>: You should go now, Gundam pilots. Abdul is waiting at the North Gate.

<Rose,calling Aquarius>: Ma, is the transport ready?

<Ma>: We've secured an OZ carrier. Scorpio figured that they'd be much more secure flying in a craft OZ wouldn't suspect.

<Rose>: Duo, Quattre ,we're off!

<Girls hand Duo flowers>: These are for you!

<Duo>: Thanks!

<Rose>: This is for you, Shinegami. (hands Duo a black rose)

<Duo>: This stinks! What is this supposed to mean?

<Rose>: That's war for you. Even things that look beautiful can be in fact terrible. Death is one of them.

<Duo>: You have no idea what I went through to get here.

<Quattre>: That's enough. We're headed out now.

The forty Maguancs emerge, attacking the Tragos and Leo suits with their rifles and Hover Dolls. The Tragos attack the Hover Dolls, and anre prompty counter attacked by Maguanac foot soldiers coming from another exit.

<Abu>: Did you really think that we had only ONE exit?

(rifles fire)

[LOADING ONTO THE CAPTURED PLANE]

<Duo>: I feel ashamed...I wish I could help them out there.

(Jauhara puts its hand on DeathSchythe's shoulder): You're helping them by not being there...OZ will think they're only fighting a small force of pesky freedom fighters,not a Gundam backed organization. Trust me Duo, its for the best.

<Duo>: I hope you're right...(DeathSchythe lies down)

<Quattre>: Farewell, Maganac Corps....

(plane flies away)

[BATTLEFIELD]

<Abdul>: Alright! Master Quattre's away! Hey, what is that? Whaaaa!!!

(Desert Cancers emerge and fire on the Mags)

<Rashid>: Oh no! Abdul!!!!

<Abdul squints>: I'm not dead?

(Jegan shields Abdul)

<Nagaki>: Don't worry, the Ex-Bunds are here!

(Jegans come down on their sleds)

<Thug>: So are the Mafia Monsters! (fires Tommy Gun)

<Tragos/Cancers>; R-r-retreat! It's the Ex-Bunds!

The Maguancs are as surprised as the OZ troops. Where did these guys come from? Lucky for the Maguancs, they're on their side....

<Leo>: Who the hell are you???(takes out beam sabers)

<Nagaki, takes out twin beam sabers>: Your worst nightmare.

The Jegan and Leo clash, and sparks fly as the two energy beam swords clash. The Leo pilot is screaming furiously, as the twin sabers begin to penetrate its beam saber. Nagaki ends things quickly, breaking the beam saber in half, chopping the Leo in half.

<Thug>: We'll hold em off with these fireworks! You Maguanacs get away! Don't worry about us, we're the Mob!

(Mafia Monsters fire fireworks)

<Rashid>: Alright troops! They're distracted! Mission accomplished! Let's get the hell out of here!

[AQUARIUS]

<Silver>: Look at that! Roberta,guess who's here!

<Ma>: Well, I'll be damned...it's the boys!!

(The fireworks spell....."HI MA!")

<Scorpio>: Nagaki is there too! Wow! It's a real laser fest! And I'm stuck here....

<OZ commander>:Let's get out of here! (Remaining MS fly off)

<Maguancs>: Victory!

(Jegan,Command Maguanac,Mafia Boss unit stand over fallen OZ units)

<Nagaki>: Hear me, OZ! You can't win, as long as all of us shall live!

<Rashid>: Together!

<Thug>: We'll wipe the floor with you wimps! For Ma Ranieri!

(Three mecha arms raise in the air)

<Roberta>: Oh boys, I'm so proud of you....

[CAPTURED PLANE]

<Rose>: I have to go. I have my people to protect.

<Duo>: You still haven't told me where your colony is.

<Rose>: It's complicated,I have no time to tell you. We're sort of a renegade unit.

<Duo>:So your colony didn't agree with you coming here to fight either,huh?

<Rose>: Au contraire. We need their support to continue. Thanks to a friend of mine back home, we have total control of home. No Alliance,no Oz. Anyhoo, I have to go.

(Jahuara Gundam drops out)

<Quattre>: I hope we meet again, Desert Scorpion.....when the colonies are united like yours.I swear, Sandrock will fight again.

<Pilot>: Want some chocolate?

<CoPilot>: Or some shrimp gumbo,shrimp burger,shrimp rice...

[0800 HOURS]

(Jauhara lands in the sand): Mission accomplished, boss. Now we have to get those parts for Crimson, then....

<Scorpio>: Then we go home. Nagaki,Rashid and Ma's boys can hold the fort. We'll issue ammo dumps for them, just in case. Our priority,like Crimson said, is our people on the moon.

<Silver>: You think OZ will strike the colonies next?

<Scorpio>: No. They will attack the Alliance Cosmo force on the colonies. I know that Treize does not want to destroy them. He wants to take them over. He wants to turn them against their protectors-the Gundams.

<Rose>: Intuition?

<Scorpio>: Think about it, Otto! What would OZ gain by destroying the colonies? It's much better to grip something than to crush it....I think Kyoji Kashu said that....so you can hear the screams...

<Silver>: The God Gundam arm is still feeding you information?

<Scorpio>: Yeah...it's like I have the moves of two fighters..and a strange desire to wear a poncho.

<Rose>: I have to confess, people are talking into my head too..

<Silver>: Before we all go insane, I suggest we take our leave.

<Roberta>: Bye, boys! Make Ma proud!

<Mafia Monsters>: Bye Ma! We will! (wave)

(Aquarius lifts off)

<Purus wake up>: hmmm...*snort* Did we miss anything?

<Sylvia>: Darn! We missed the whole battle!

next chapter