CHAPTER 20 - BACK TO SCHOOL

 

Hi there reader, Phantom Scorpio here. Today is the day I come back to the world of the living, albeit a little while. Crimson Cancer has requested that we obtain some defense Balls from the Sanq Kingdom for some project he has back on Moon base. By contacting as many resistance units as we could, I guess we've made quite a few friends on Earth. Even the skeptical Maguancs seem to accept us. Fantastic! Now for the hard part-how is a dead man supposed to *ahem* grab some balls?

<Silver>: Your attempt at humor sickens me.

<Scorpio>: Ah, shaddap.

[STORY BEGINS IN ORBIT]

<Scorpio>: We're on our way to the Sanq Kingdom now, Crimson. Just what do you want the Balls for?

<Crimson on screen>: I am planning to create a super high density armor combining Gundanium and lunar titanium...."Gundatitanium", I call it. Tests show that we can use the automated Defense Balls in offensive fashion.

(Otto falls asleep)

<Crimson>: I call them Fire Balls. They are like multiple drones. I need the Balls, Phantom. They'll come in handy if a space war erupts.

(shows simulation)

<Scorpio>: OK Crimson.Phantom out.

<Silver>: The Sanq Kingdom is like a fortress! Just how is the Aquarius going to fly over and drop?

<Twins>: Remember boss, water vapour condenses onto our frame. We'll be shot down for sure.

<Scorpio rubs chin>: That IS hard.....not to mention I don't want to just barge any Mobile suit in there...

<Silver>: Something the matter, Scorpio? I have to admit, it is a beautiful country.....even if I almost destroyed it....

<Ma>: It wasn't your fault, Bob. That General just wouldn't take no for an answer....

<Scorpio>: Yeah, we were here....

The last time Scorpio was here, Zechs and Noin were in the middle of invading the Alliance occupation forces' base. His original mission was to gain the allegiance of the local commander, but Silver discovered that the general was just as corrupt and genocidal as the rumours had labelled him as. Silver also discovered (by accident) Zechs Marquise's true identity-Milliardo Peacecraft. After a tremendous duel with Tallgeese, Noin's interference caused him to save them both from a laser cannon, while preventing Tallgeese from catching the fleeing Scorpio mkII.

<Scorpio>....Milliardo Peacecraft. Hmmph. Zechs....sorry I have to drop in on your hometown like this..but it is business. I just don't know how...

<Sylvia>: I have an idea, Phantom...if I may.

<Scorpio>: You do?

<Sylvia nods>: I was thinking. The twins say you're an OZ legend, right?

<Scorpio scratches head>: Well, I don't think I'm THAT famous....

<Twins>: C'mon, one of the Lake Victoria Three? You sure are.

<Scorpio>: One problem with that, girls I'm dead.

<Sylvia>: The country is run by Sanq Kingdom loyalists. If Zechs is indeed Milliardo Peacecraft, I'm sure he wouldn't want OZ units running around scaring people, would he?

<Ma>: Phantom, she just may be on to something....

<Sylvia>: I'm betting Sanq Kingdomers, being all pacifists, have no desire to learn of an OZ legend.

<Scorpio>:You mean....(looks out viewport)you're suggesting....

<Sylvia>: I'm suggesting you go as yourself-an OZ officer. Using that deep cover, infiltrate and send the Balls to us.

<Otto>: I can lend you my uniform.

<Silver>: I was Alliance chief. Nuff said.

<Scorpio>: Is there really no alternative? I made a vow, you know....

<Silver>: And you are going to keep it. Or rather, Phantom Scorpio is going to keep it. Thomas Walker, on the other hand....has nothing to lose.

<Ma>: It'll give you a chance to take that mask off in public, Scorpio.

Of all the Scorpions, you're the one who needs a little break...

<Scorpio takes mask off>: Ma, it's not that easy....this mask symbolizes the death of Thomas Walker. Wearing it gives me an escape...an escape from the guilt of fighting my two best friends in the world...

<Ma puts hand on Walker's shoulder>: We never know who are in the Mobile suits we destroy, Scorpio. It could be our brothers, our sisters, our parents....(looks at Silver) our spouses....we are all guilty of that..

<Walker>: Please forgive me, all of you. I have to join OZ again...even if it is under pretense.

<Silver>: Forgive you for what?

<Walker>: I hated everything we stood for the moment the first missile hit Almaty.....now I have to pretend I am a part of it again....I am nothing but a liar...

(Walker heads for corridor)

[SANQ KINGDOM CASTLE]

<Relena, with taped arm>: Ow, Noin. That hurts!

<Noin applying bandages>: That's what you get for trying to kill Lady Une by yourself! It was a good thing those girls came to your rescue.What were you thinking?

<Relena>: I.....I thought I could avenge Father right there....I failed..

<Noin>: Just let your brother do the fighting, OK? We were real troubled when you ran off to Russia...

<Relena>: Milliardo....wherever you are....be careful...

[CHECKPOINT]

<Walker>: I'm here for the inspection of the Defense Balls?

<Sanq Soldier>: Put your hand here, soldier.

(Walker nervously puts hand on palm scanner): Shit....forgot about these...

(Walker is given the green light): *Phew*

<Sanq Soldier>: All clear, Captain....Walker. (Salutes)

(Stealth Truck drives into Sanq Kingdom base)

<Walker into mike>: Phase one complete. Headed for Balls.

<Sanq Soldiers>: Hey, Captain, do you want to hear a joke?

<Walker>: Joke?

<Sanq>: What is an Alliance patrol?

<Sanq 2>: A Leo and two Balls! HaHaHa! Get it, Captain?

(Walker laughs): That's a good one! Can you guys please lead me to the Defense Ball units? I'm here to inspect them.

<Sanq 2>: But of course.

<Walker thinking>: I don't deserve to be wearing my own face yet....there's so much to be done....but it's a good feeling,I have to admit...and to get away from that God Gundam arm and those downloads...

The sun on my face....ah, to feel it like this...

(Elevator slides open):The Defense Balls are here.

<Walker>: Thanks guys...and hey, can you do me a favour? Can you park my truck out by the hangar door? I may have to take some of these Balls

back to base for further repair.

<Sanqs>: Sure, Captain! Two balls....har har har....

<Walker to base>: Twins, get ready to receive in about half an hour.

<Twins>: Aye aye.

[SANQ KINDGOM CASTLE]

<Soldier>: Miss Noin, the Ball inspector is here. He needs you to sign these release forms.

<Noin>: Of course. (signs)

<Noin>: This guy's signature looks familiar.....

[HANGAR]

<Walker>: Fixing these units up brings back memories...

[A FLASHBACK?]

<Noin>: Walker, what are you doing here so late into the night?

(They are in a Leo hangar)

<Walker under Leo chassis>: I figured a way for the Leo to manouver sideways and not lose any velocity! (shows plans to Noin)

<Noin>: Wow! Can you do this for the Aries?

<Walker>: For you Lucy, anything's possible:)

<Noin>: Just don't stay up too late, OK, Walker?

<Zechs in pajamas>: *yawn* Walker...you're up again?

<Walker>: Oh God....(closes eyes) get him away, Lucy!! God dammit Zechs....if you're gonna borrow my PJ's , wear the whole set! Don't leave the pants back in the room!

<Noin>: *giggle* I have to say, Cadet Walker, Cadet Zechs has quite an impressive.....unit.

<Zechs>: Huh, wha....Cmon Walker, it's 3 AM....(wanders off)

<Noin>: I'd better stop him before he walks into the girls dorm room...

<Walker>: Hey Lucy, what are YOU doing here? You came from OUR dorm!

<Noin blushes>: Uh....uh....I'll catch Zechs now!(runs off)

<Walker>: Ah, those two are made for each other.....she doesn't need to sneak in here to see him...better get back to this Leo...

[BACK TO THE BALLS]

<Walker sniggers>: Damn, it was hairy....he IS a natural blonde.....EYEWWWW WHATAMITHINKING???? *ptui*

(Oil spurts into Walker's face): Ahhhk! Need...towel!!

<Soldier hands Walker a towel>: Sorry about that, Captain...

<Walker>: It's OK...damn this oil is sticky!

(Noin exits elevator): How are the Balls holding up, officer?

<Walker from behind towel>: Well, it seems like the oil distribution is shot, that's for sure! I can't see a thing!

<Noin>: I suppose you should take them to base then. You can't reapir them here, can you?

<Walker shakes head>: No ma'am. Can you please tell the staff to roll out all three of the Balls onto my rig? I'm leaving ASAP...before this oil sticks to my face permanently!

(Walker salutes, towel is stuck on face)

<Noin>: But of course. You better get something to remove that machine oil. Arriva dechi, soldier.

<Walker>: Have a nice day, Miss Noin.

<Noin stops>: How did you know my name?

<Walker>: uh....um....I went to your academy..yeah, that's it, I went to Lake Victoria! I was under a different instructor, that's all..

*phew*

<Noin>: Oh, I;m flattered you can recognize my voice throught that towel....well, get on with it, officer.

(Noin signs another form and leaves)

<Walker tugs towel off>: *gasp*gasp*gasp* Now to get these balls outta here...Crimson, you owe me BIG...

(Defense Balls loading onto Stealth Truck)

<Walker signs yet another form>: Man, you Sanqers are sure beaurocratic.

<Soldier>: Take it or leave it, bub.

<Walker>: All done here, time to go!

(Walker starts up Stealth Truck)

<Walker>: Um...you guys got any gas??:) Heh..hehe....oh dear..

(Walker starts up Truck again and moves out fo the base)

<Noin>: He used to be one of my cadets back at Lake Victoria, you know.

<Sanqer>: That Captain Walker is quite a character!

<Noin>: Captain WHO???(tugs at collar of soldier)

<Sanquer, sweating>: T-t-t-thomas W-w-alker! It sez here on the signature!

<Noin>: You fools! Thomas Walker died five months ago! That guy is an imposter!!! (takes out hand gun)

<Sanquers fire pistols>: Stop!

(Stealth Truck runs past them and cloaks)

<Radar Dude>: He's gone!

<Noin fires more pistol rounds>: Damn! He got away!

<Relena on comm>: What's the commotion, Noin?

<Noin>: We've had an equipment theft! With an imposter posing as Walker, no less! If I EVER catch that guy....

<Relena>: What kind of equipment, Noin?

<Noin>: The Defense Balls!

<Relena>: I didn't even know we had any weapons.....

[IN THE SKY]

(Stealth Truck docks with Aquarius)

<Walker>: That is the LAST time I ever do something like this.

<Silver>: I hear you ran into Noin.

<Scorpio refixes mask>: Yeah, I ran into her. She almost recognized me, and if it wasn't for a lucky towel and some machine oil, I'd have been dead meat!

<Silver>: We got the Defense Balls. Our job on Earth is done. Now we also have to return to home base and rejoin Crimson and his Space Scorpions. There's no telling what OZ will do to the colonies.

<Otto>:I just hope the other Gundams got out safely...now they have to defend their homes.Just like us.

<Twins>: Since when did you care about those five so much?

<Otto>: Let's just say a caring voice told me to care.

<Rain in Jauhara Gundam's right eye>: You got that right, Rose. The King of Hearts has to care...like my Domon did....

[MULTI CONFRENCE ROOM ]

<Scorpio spins on seat>: This sure beats the men's room, eh?

<Silver>*ahem* So, resistance corps. Are you going to stay?

<Nagaki/Thug>: We want to go with you, Silver. We may be able to do much more damage if we went with you.

<Rashid>: Our duty is to Master Quattre. We will remain here in the Middle East.

<Sally Po/Howard>: We'd like to stay on Earth a little longer.We have some matters to take care of.

After picking up the resistance fighters who chose to go, the Aquarius leaves Earth's atmosphere, headed back to the moon. The Gundams may be following their advice and headed to the colonies, but Scorpio is sure that OZ has something up their sleeve...

next chapter