CHAPTER 26- MINING COLONY MO-V

Crimson and Silver manage to fend off Duo and Wufei, seriously injuring them. Professor G and Master O save them in the nick of time, before this misunderstanding leads to a fatality. While Wufei is unconscious from oxygen depletion, Duo is near-dead. Crimson Cancer, whose vicious attack using his full arsenal Cancer II incapacitated Duo to start with, makes a visit as his true self,Kostya Mardyev. He reveals to Hilde and the Purus a bit of his past,which included a family of his own.Duo wakes,but "C.C" is gone.......

 

[AQUARIUS BRIDGE]

<Quattre>: I still have to thank you all for your help......

<Rose>: Nah, kid don't mention it. We're all headed in the same way now. Right, boss?

<Scorpio turns away>: Quattre.....I cannot imagine what you might have done if we hadn't snapped you out of your fit. It just goes to show that you Gundam pilots are just as unpredictable as ever.

<Rose>: *ahem*

<Scorpio>: You too, Rose.

<Rose gasps>: Wh...what?

<Scorpio>: Ballistics called me after our Moscow mission. Your sniper rifle still had a full clip. You told me Peacecraft spoiled your aim.

Somehting you want to tell me, chef?

(Rose sweats)

<Quattre>:What's wrong ,Rose?

<Rose>: Um....Relena pulled a gun on Une.....I thought if she shot her, I wouldn't have had to....

<Quattre>: Relena? Dorlain?Wait a minute....

<Scorpio>: And then that missing rose of yours.....is that what Saint Une is wearing? (points to TV broadcast)

(Saint Une is making a speech to colonoids)

<Scorpio>: Otto....what really went on in Moscow?

<Otto sweats>: If Scorpio ever found out about me and Une, there would be dire consequences.....

<Quattre steps between them>: Don't doubt him! Desert Rose saved me and my men in Taif! I'm sure Rose is telling the truth, Scorpio! (looks at Otto) I'm sure.....take my word on it.

<Scorpio sighs>: You're right, Winner.....Otto, I'm sorry.....Maybe it wasn't a good idea to get you a Gundam....I just can't trust them enough yet....there is no reason to...

<Quattre>: You trust me, don't you?

<Scorpio>: In SandRock, yes. But you're too far gentle to be a warrior. You're a crusader.....your buddies are a different story...from Wufei to Heero, they seem to be fighting their own wars...

<Quattre>:We were formed for revenge....Instructor L told me that.

<Scorpio>: Ah, forget it all, Winner....all we can do is go to the moon and (Aquarius rumbles) WhooooAAAA! Nagaki, what's going on?!?

(Nagaki beeps in): Scorpio! We're being attacked by unidentified units! Our blasters are hitting some sort of forcefield!

[OUTSIDE]

<Valder>: This is pure coincidence. We've run into one of Treize's ship...hahahaha....let's show him what the SPace Knights can do...

<Knights>: Yeah!

<Nagaki>: Fire, dammit!

(Planet Defensors shield their suits)

<Nagaki>: Scorpio! (Bridge shakes) It's useless!

[RUSHING TO LAUNCH BAY]

<Quattre>: I can help! (Jumps into SandRock)

<Scorpio>: The Ex-Bunds are tired and need repair,so only we can launch! This is not good....

<Rose>: Jauhara Gundam....launch!

(The three suits come out)

<Valder>: Is this all the might of Treize can muster? (Hydra Gundam jumps at SandRock)

<Quattre avoids>: Who are these people?? OZ colours, but they seem to be different...

<Scorpio>: Nagaki! Use everything you can think of! (Duels with Roche in Gundam Akenprousu)

<Quattre>: These units are Gundams....???

<Scorpio>: Rose, how are you doing up there?

<Rose slashes at Garanshio ship?>: Wow! These guys are packing a punch!

(Missiles slam against Planet defensors): Darn! No good!

(Virgo goes near thrusters, is burned)

<Nagaki>: I've got an idea....widen the laser scope! We'll FRY em!

(Gundam Grip arrives)

<Adin Barnett>: PX system! Cross Lever!!!

Gundam Wing fans.Adin Barnett is from G-Unit, a manga side story which I (hyuk hyuk) have seen. The PX system is a system that externalizes the I-Field for attack use. Only close range weaponry can be used with this system. Go to gundamproject.com if you don't believe me.

<Valder>: Adin-sama!

<Quattre>: Another Gundam??? How many of us are there??

(Valder pushes SandRock aside and blocks Grip's attack)

<Scorpio>: What the hell is going on? Who are you people?

<Barnett>: We're from Mining Colony Mo-V! These guys are OZ's P.R.I.S.E unit!

<Rosshe>: Hehehe.....this is fun! Three Gundams and a wannabe!

<Scorpio>: Who's a WANNABE??

(Flame beam attack destroys Virgoes): Burn baby burn!

<Adin>: Valder!! I'm gonna end this now!!! (PX system warps toward Hyrda Gundam)

<Valder>: My Funnels will stop you! (fires two Fin Funnels)

<Quattre slices the Funnels>: Watch out!

<Adin>: Thanks! Valder!!!! Prepare to meet your fate!

(Blue PX field surrounds Gundam Grip)

<Valder explodes>: No....NooooOO!!!!!!!(Hydra Gundam splits in half, Grip's left arm is gone)

<Scorpio>: Now for you, Rosshe....

<Rose>: I'll handle him. Nagaki's got those suits burning. Now to pull the bow....

<George/Rain/Allenby>: RIsing.....

<Rose>: Arrow! (Arrow penetrates Roche, Akeneporousu explodes)

<Quattre claps>: That was great, Rose!

<Nagaki>: Lucky for us those forcefields didn't protect against fire!

<Adin>: You and your ship seem pretty damaged.....follow me to our colony for repairs...it's nearby..

(Aquarius limps toward Mo-V)

<Scorpio>: It's very kind of you to let us restock and repair here, Barnett. But if I may ask, what are two powerful Gundams doing out here?

<Adin>: We're defending this Mining Colony from OZ and the Romefeller Foundation. My brother and I are G-Unit. (shakes hands with Scorpio)

<Scorpio>: You know, we could use people like you at our base. I'm Phantom Scorpio, leader of the Scorpions. And these are Desert Rose and Quattre Raberba Winner.

<Adin>: Winner....? I'm sorry about your father....we used to work for him..... but Phantom...we have to decline.

<Scorpio>: Why?

<Rose>: Because Phantom doesn't like Gundam pilots?

<Scorpio>:Rose, that matter was between you and me. It wouldn't have made a difference if you were a Leo pilot.

<Rose>: WHy then, Barnett?

<Adin presses a button>: Because of this.

(PX system diagram shows on screen)

<Adin>: OZ beleives he has failed in creating Gundams superior to the original five. Plus, we here at MO-V have managed to convince our leaders to cease all hostilities. Any appearance by the Gundams will provoke hostility towards the mining colonies. As if the civilian colonies weren't targets already...

<Quattre>: What if OZ come again?

<Adin>: They won't. Our colony is mobile, and isn't fixed to any Lagrange point....besides, killing Valder has made us all weary of battle.....

<Quattre>: I know how you feel.....

<Adin>: I'm sorry, Phantom. None of us can join you. I can give you the parts from Grip, though. No need for them now...

<Scorpio>: If that's what your people wish, Barnett....you're a brave man...I wish you a safe journey....and thanks for the parts! I think we can use them....

<Adin>: I've seen you use your own weapon, Scorpio....where did that come from?

<Scorpio>: The God Finger? i don't really know....seems my Mobile Suit knows itself better than I do...:) heh....

<Adin>: It's an incredible move...if you Scorpions have that kind of weapons in your arsenal, then I can honestly say this war isn't hopeless after all....I wish you all the best as well!

[COMM CENTER]

(Nagaki looks at data,relays to Crimson)

<Nagaki>: It's these units we've been facing, Crimson....they spook me more than you do!

<Crimson looks at P.Defensor schematics>: They match the ones on Mercurius....amazing......and you say OZ built these units?

<Nagaki>: I can't tell. They were using Gundams....at least they looked like Gundams. They had these funny glows around them....

<Crimson>: Glows? Nagaki.....maybe you should get your eyes checked....Gundams don't simply 'glow'!

<Nagaki>: We're waiting for repairs to be finished on Aquarius, and we'll be back soon.

<Crimson>: Will do. I'll try to think of something to counter those Defensors...and you, my Mercurius will help me....

(Looks up at Mercurius)

[SCORPIO'S QUARTERS]

<Scorpio>: Rose. Now tell me what you were doing in Moscow. It's just you and me, no cameras, no witnesses. Otto..(takes off mask)..I;m your friend...you can tell me...

<Rose>: I.....I....I gave Une that white rose.

<Scorpio falls off his chair>: What? You gave her that rose??

<Rose>: I'm sorry, Scorpio....it was either that or lose my mind....

<Scorpio>: I don't understand.....

<Rose gulps>: Well, ever since I saw her in Siberia, uh....I've uh....sorta admired her...

<Scorpio>: If she wasn't such a bitch,maybe she'd be quite attractive....but you were supposed to kill her!

<Rose>: Some voices from my Gundam started talking to me....some guy called George DeSande appeared...I thought I was gonna go crazy!!

<Scorpio>: Like Domon did to me the first time.....I think we'll ALL go crazy....but Otto....seriously...are you attracted to Lady Une?

<Otto looks at Saint Une broadcast>: That one, boss. That's the real Lady Une.....

<Scorpio>: The one that calls herself Saint? She is quite different from the one you made that video of...you remember the one with the long nose?

<Otto>:Oh yeah.I remember that one. You want to know who gave her the name Saint?

<Scorpio>: Treize?

<Otto stiffens up>: I did. I told it to her face.

<Scorpio>: You little devil.....(smiles)....you got guts.

<Otto>: Feel free to punish me,sir. I failed to stop her...

<Scorpio>: Why punish the King of HEarts for falling in love? Even if you didn't shoot Une, you sure changed her.....look, she's even holding babies and stuff! (looks at TV)

<Otto>: Maybe I did....I don't know, Scorpio....but I'm sorry...I suppose you can't trust me now....not with this situation....

<Scorpio>: Maybe killing people is not the way to prove a point. I do not want to lose a good soldier like you,Otto. But a good soldier follows orders. You disobeyed my direct order. And ...

(Scorpio raises pistol)

<Scorpio>: This is your punishment. (shoots)

(Rose's mask flies off, but Otto is unharmed)

<Scorpio>: Don't hide behind your mask, Otto. Believe in your heart. I can't guarantee that you won't turn on us again, but it would really hurt to turn on your own feelings.

<Otto, a little shocked>: Boss...you mean...I'm still a Scorpion?

<Scorpio>: Otto....I brought Zechs Marquise and Lucerezia Noin together, the two best soldiers on the planet. I told Zechs war is unfeeling.....you have proven me wrong.

<Otto>: Boss...

<Scorpio>: I can't punish you, Otto. I can only punish soldiers. You're not a soldier....like Quattre isn't a soldier....When normal people get involved in warfare....it brings out the worst in them. I'm the one who should be punished.....for dragging everyone into my quest for 'justice'....

<Otto>: We volunteered, boss. We're all in this together, even the Gundams. The G-Unit can't join us, but everyone who is against OZ is against it for good reasons.....the G-Unit protected their PX system, we have our colonoids to protect. We're as guilty as you.

<Scorpio>: Otto..... next time you see Une....tell her how you feel. But if she gets out of line, my bullet is between her eyes. Got that?

<Otto salutes>: Understood.....*sigh*...but Phantom? Please don't tell Mardyev or Noventa....who knows what they'll do to me?

<Scorpio>: No, I won't. But you better not meet Une without my say so.Otherwise I'll blow your secret wide open. Let everyone know.

<Otto>: Scorpio.....no promises...I can feel her right now......she needs someone to hold her....(folds arms)...

<Scorpio>: I understand.

[THREE DAYS LATER]

<Nagaki calling>: Aquarius is prepped and ready! Let's go, boss!

<Scorpio>: Yes...let's go, Desert Rose...(hands Rose his mask)

(Scorpio and Rose exit the room carrying a couch)

<Adin>: Hey, where're you going with that?

<Scorpio throws couch into cargo hold and jumps in>: Home, Nagaki!

(Aquarius boosts out)

<Adin>: Stop thief! They took my Elvis couch!

<Scorpio/Otto>: Scorpions Forever!!!!

next chapter