CHAPTER 27- BRIDGE BUILDING-MY ATTEMPT AT SILLY HUMOUR

 

The Aquarius meets up with the G-Unit of Mining Colony Five, but fail to convince Adin Barnett and his crew to join the Scorpions. Otto and Scorpio however, are engaged in something more important. Scorpio forces the truth about what happenned at Moscow out of Otto, who is rock bottom. While Quattre vouches for him the first time, Otto spills the beans in a second 'trial'. Worried about his future, Otto says he is willing to die. Scorpio "punishes" him by telling him to believe in himself, and not simply hide behind his Desert Rose facade.If he truly loves Saint Une, Otto von Bahn will have to tell her,not Rose.....

[CRIMSON'S HANGAR]

<Doktor J>: So...this is where you ran off to, Konstantin Mardyev. I see you have taken up the same cause as us.

<Mardyev>: Not likely. But for now, I suppose you five and I are allied.

<Professor G>: You put my pilot in hospital, you'd better be.

<Mardyev>: I put him in MY hospital, G. Just remember that.

<Master O>: Wufei is up and up now, although he still should be resting.

<Mardyev>: He's better than before, thanks to you. He's not the pathetic whiner I met in China.

<Instructor L looks at HeavyArms>: You did an impressive job on HeavyArms. What do you think, H?

<Instructor H>: Amazing....you say this Kai system enables it to work in space now? And those double chainguns..won't it run out of ammo faster?

<Mardyev pats HeavyArms Kai>: Not when it's running on photon bullets.

<Five>:???

<Mardyev>: My analysis of this Mercurius unit, which you five designed, shows that the Planet Defensors are made out of plasma-photonic residue. Our allies on the Aquarius managed to break it down using fire,but we don't have much time. Photon bullets will do the trick.

<Doktor J>: You've taken Mercurius apart. Do you intend to include it with HeavyArms?

<Mardyev>: No. I'm thinking of building a shielding system for our units,your Gundams included. Data on these new units from Nagaki have piqued my intrest.

(Master O flips through a dictionary)

<Doktor J>: Have you heard from you mentor, Howard?

<Mardyev>: No. But I know he's building some giant battle cruiser for some reason or another. I just hope he lives long enough to meet me again.

<Doktor J>: He'd be proud of you, Mardyev.

<Mardyev>:My name is Crimson.

<LeoScorpion>: Crimson! Stealth Trucks are on standby! Is the Gundam unit secure?

<Crimson>: Sally Po and her crew are looking for Gundams. H, your pilot has lost his memory, so I am going to give this Gundam to those people that are looking for him.

<LeoScorpion>: Load it up!

<Crimson>: You take care of that shipment, Mille! Meryl! It must get to Howard's compound ASAP.

<Millie/Meryl>: Yessir! (salute)

<Crimson>: Oh, and please stick this note from Phantom. He faxed it to me earlier when he heard I took HeavyArms.

<Millie reads note>: It's in Chinese....

<Crimson>: Move, already!

(SpaceScorpions load up HeavyArms and boost away)

<Doktor J>: You have a strange look on your face, Crimson...

<Crimson>: This is the first time in a long time I've ever given something to anyone...

(Noventa Walks in)

<Doktor J>: Oh, President Noventa!

<Noventa>: I'm not president anymore, J....how long has it been?

<Professors shake Noventa's hand>: We thought peace died with you....

<Noventa>: Which one of you killed me?

(Professors stand with mouths gaping)

<Doktor J>: It was mine. Heero yuy killed your friends....and I gave him the order to do it.

(Noventa remembers Sylvia's words from two chapters ago)

<Noventa>: He ws mistaken. Stupid child, but only mistaken. You trained him well, J.As did the rest of you. But look what your quest for revenge has dragged us all into!

<Five>: Yes....we escalted this conflict without even knowing it....instead of hurting OZ, we destroyed much of the Alliance's forces...

<Noventa>:I have nothing more to say to you. Go and fix broken wiring or soemthing....I have to pee....

<Roberta>: You have to forgive him, Doktor J.....the wounds run deep from New Edwards....

<Noventa opens door again>: Damn. A closet.

(Noventa goes into the real men's room)

<Doktor J>: *sigh* War makes us all hate each other....

[OUTER SPACE]

<Millie>: B-oo-ring....sending over this hunk A junk over to some guy we don't even know...

<Meryl>: Look on the bright side, we're not going to fight anybody.

(HeavyArms is tied down,Heero hides in truck)

<Heero>: I'd better be quiet. (takes out pistol)

<Meryl>: It's that boy without a shirt, Millie.

<Millie>: He thinks we can't see him? We invented stealth technology,ehhhhh.

(Millie presses button, box falls on Heero)

(Heero faints)

<Millie>: Naive, eh? *wink* We'll leave him at that castle we're supposed to drop this thing off at.

<Crimson, on comm laughing>: You what??? you beat Heero yuy?

<Millie nods>: We dropped that box of comic books on him,Crimson! But par your orders, we're not gonna kill im, we're just gonna drop him off at Sanq Castle!

(Heero is still KO'ed)

<Crimson>: Ah, those two......

<Doktor J>: Heero wanted to get his Gundam back. Now he gets Relena instead:)

(Machines whirr and click)

<LeoScorpion>: Crimson....what is that thing? It looks like.....some sort of plate!

<Crimson>: I call it the Super Shield. The Five Deserters here helped me design it. It'll help us repel anything OZ can throw at us, if we can complete it.

(Scientists wave)

[SCORPION BURROW BAR]

<NewsScorpion>: Look at this, Silver....

<Victor Quinze>: The OZ organization has oppresed the colonies long enough! It is time for us to make a stand!

(Spacenoids cheer)

<Silver presses button>: Stupid polichickens. I'd rather watch ESPN.

<Michael Buffer>: Let's get ready to rumbllllllleeeeeeee!! (Bell rings)

<Silver and Thugs>: This is more like it! Let the punches roll!!

<Ma>: Go gettim, Lewis!

<Thug>: Cmon Tua! Hit im in the chin! Yeeah!

What the Scorpions are missing is actually very important to their future. In a distant colony, the scheming Victor Quinze is forming an army to try reverse the control of OZ for his own gain. What he needs is a powerful figure to anchor his rebellion. Disappointed that Tiger Woods refused to endorse him, Quinze looks for another figurehead...

[DEPRESSED ANTI-HEROES UNION BAR]

<Zechs downs another beer>: Larrry.....hand me some mo' juice..

<Larry>: You really should take it easy, pal....

<Zechs>: I failed to protect those I cared about....

<Larry>: We get people like you everyday, dude......don't worry, your type usually get recognition in the end.

<Zechs>; Jus' gimme one more beeeeer......(faints)

<Gato and Char>: Look at im...*hic* he's as stoned as a gravel beach! Hey pal! *hic* Are you alright?

<Zechs>: Uh.......So my Wing Zero isn't enough....? (is helped up by Gato and Char)

<Char>: Hey bubby...*hic* where you goooin? Jus' one mo; dance...

<Zechs>: I'm going to see my sister.....maybe she can help me sort all this mess out.....

<Gato>: Fine with me! Free drinks on me and Daikun here!

(Three cheers for Gato!)

<Zechs>: Little worrier....I hope you don't mind me visiting....

(walks out of bar)

[LATER]

<Quinze screams>: I SAID,WHERE IS MILLIARDO PEACECRAFT?

<Drunk Gato crosseyes>: Put it here, dude.......my name is Milliardo Peacecraft......will you marry me??.....

<Quinze drops Gato>: Damnit....he's left.

<Char>; Actually he's right....hhehahahahaaaaa *bang* Ow...

<White Fangers>: He's gone, Quinze.No trace.

<Quinze>; Oh well, I'll have a tall cool one, barkeeper.

<Larry>: Sorry, you have to be a depressed anti-hero. You look more like a villian. Sorry, house rules.

<Quinze looks at member roster>: Crimson Cancer, Anovel Gato, Punisher, Char Aznable, Jubei Yamada....Zechs Marquise! Where is he?

<Larry>: I heard he wanted to go home or something.... (cleans glass)

(Quinze holds out a dollar): Well, I heard he wanted to see a relative...my memory ain't so good...

(QUinze holds out another dollar): No, it's coming....

(Quinze throws his wallet at Larry): Nope, I do not know.

<Quinze>: What have I been doing all this time then?

<Larry>: Paying for their drinks.....(points to super drunk Gato and Char)

<Quinze slams fist>; Arrrrr! No cab fare!

[SANQ KINGDOM,PEACEMILLON BUILDING SITE]

(Stealth Truck hanging from a tree)

<Millie, rubbing head>: I wish you'd let me drive.

<Meryl>: We're here, aren't we? And that boy is safe?

<Heero, trapped in a fridge>: Brrrr....this is cold....

<Mille gives thumbs up>: Let's get this stuff to Howard.

<Noin points gun at them>: Hands up! Who are you?

<Millie>; We were sent to give you these.....

[HOWARD'S JOINT]

<Howard>: This Gundam unit is most welcome, girls.

<Heero in blanket>: Brrrrrrrr...........

<Relena>; HEEERO! (hugs Heero) Dayum, you're cold.

<Heero>: That's what most of my dates say.

<Millie>: You're welcome, Mister Howard:) Oh, and Miss Sally?

<Sally Po>: yes?

<Millie>: Our Boss Phantom Scorpio said to give this to you.

"To Life, From Death".

<Meryl>: Our field commander Crimson Cancer will send you another helpful gadget sometime soon. He's almost finished making it.

<Dorothy>: OOOOO, another war machine?

<Meryl looks at Millie>: Could they be related?

<Dorothy tugs at Millie>: Tell me already! I'm dying to know!

<Meryl>: Then you'll just have to keep on dying:)

(Except for Dorothy, everyone laughs)

<Heero>: Dying...it hurts like hell!! (Relena laughs) Get off my lap, please.

<Relena>; Oh...

<Millie and Meryl salute>: We're off now!

(Dorothy grabs Millie's uniform and begs to be taken along)

<Dorothy>; The suspense is killing me!

<Millie>; Gettoff me! (shakes leg)

<Meryl bites Dorothy>: Off!

<Dorothy>: Ow! I feel like Evander Holyfield...only sexier..

(Millie and Meryl run off to the truck) : No WONDER we didn't join them.....if these are the good guys, I'd hate to be the bad guy!

[AQUARIUS HANGAR]

 

<Hilde>: I can't wait to meet this Phantom Scorpio....if he's as good as you say he is, then I'm sure he and Duo will get along.

<Sylvia>: He's the real deal. He saved a lot of people, including my Grandma from OZ.

<Duo in bandages>: I'd like to see this "Original Shinegami" myself....

<Purus>; Here it comes! Aquarius!

(Aquarius makes one of those slow, fateful docks)

<Hilde>; The suspense is killing me...

(Equipment, including the Elvis sofa is carried out of the ship)

<Nagaki and the Ex-Bunds walk out>: Good to be back! (stretches) Let's go to the Scorpion Burrow....

(They walk off to the bar)

<Hilde looks left and right>: Where is he?

<Rose walks out>: Duo! Shinegami II! How are ya! Oh dear, looks like you got beaten bad!

<Duo>; Yeah...that lunatic you call Crimson Cancer did this to me....

<Rose shakes finger at Duo>: You should have given up. When that guy is on a sugar high, you better watch out....

(Ex-Bunds call Rose in) : ROund Five already!

<Rose runs to join them>: Remember, Duo! War is bad for your health!

<Hilde stares at empty docking space>: Where are you, Phantom?

(Phantom comes out)

<Hilde>: Thomas....Walker??

next chapter