CHAPTER 30- WHooooooaaaaaaa

 

That's what Batman said as he fell down the wall, courtesy of Silver Scorpion cutting his line. Silver is climbing the walls of Treize's mansion, undetected by the Leos guarding it. He has seized on an idea of Scorpio's and Duo's , leaving the moon base to duel it out with Treize in his own castle. All to finish the war between OZ and the Alliance. While Dorothy oohs and ahhs over Silver's photos back in the Sanq Kingdom, the real Silver is about to meet her cousin Treize.

[WALL]

<Silver>: Sheesh...who put Batman and Robin in this story? (climbs back up wall)

<Alain Robert>: Bojour, monsieur! Ayy see you arrr climbeeng zis wall too?

<Silver>: Gimme a break!(slashes)

<Alain>:Aaaaaaah.....! *splash*

(Silver climbs into window)

[TREIZE'S ROOM]

<Treize on the phone>: Yes I know, Lady Une....don't go fighting the colonies.....fight the colonies? I don't understand, my dear......Kill the Gundam pilots? Kiss the pilots? Are you alright?

<Lady Une>: I'm fine <Saint Une>: I'm alright,Treize honey....

<Treize>: Must be the reception.... (shakes phone)

<Une>: Listen Mr. Treize, after I make this speech I'm coming back to Luxembourg. You need all the help you can get, with the Foundation beginning to differ in opinion with you....

<Treize>: No, Lady Une. You are to continue serving as OZ's peace emmisary to the colonies. (Listens to Une) Yes, I miss you too, but it is imperative that the colonies remain friendly to us. If we lose support in the colonies, then all is lost for OZ.

<Lady Une>: Our OZ or Romefeller's OZ?

<Treize>: I don't really know.

<Lady Une salutes>: As you wish, Your Excellency. Lady Une out.

<Treize>: Wait, Une.....

<Une>: Yes?

<Treize>: I thought the rose I gave you was red. Who gave you that white one?

<Une>: Oh, a friend of mine I met in Moscow.... Relena Peacecraft shot off your rose, remember? (salutes again) Une out *blip*

<Treize>: 'Friend'? I didn't know Lady Une had any friends....

[COLONY ?]

<Une leans against wall>: I might need to wave this rose sooner or later, Otto.....(holds rose to heart) If bad comes to worse, I feel Mr Treize is in deep trouble.

<Colonel Une>: He can take care of himself, can't he.....?

[2nd Floor]

(Silver hides behind curtain)

<Dekim Barton>: This indeed is a beautiful castle, Kushrenada. (sips wine)

<Treize>: Yes. The Alliance was in their right minds to build something this beautiful. It was one of the few smart decisons they ever made. The other one was to surrender to us.

(Dekim and Treize laugh)

<Guard rushes in>: Sir! We've caught an intruder! He was trying to climb the walls, and fell into the lake! You better come and see for yourself sir! He's too skinny for the cuffs, so we had to duct tape him to the wall.....(salutes)

<Treize sighs>: Excuse me, father in law. I have to attend to this interloper.

(Treize walks out)

<Silver>: RRrr.....smart decison....I'll show him a smart decision.

(Dekim takes out phone)

<Silver>: Huh? Dekim Barton? I thought he was a colonial mogul....who invited HIM into the Romefeller Foundation?

<Dekim>: Good. You've found my granddaughter? A boarding school in Paris? Good. Proceed with the plan. Yes, I know this is kidnapping, but MarieMia needs to be raised away from her father....I think he's going soft. Earth needs strong people to lead!

<Silver>: Kidnapping? I only wanted to assasinate Treize....now I'm a conspiracy witness? This is bad....I hope Phantom and the others don't realize I'm gone.....

<Dekim>: Yes, two orders of fried rice and soy sauce.....and hold the chili! (closes mobile phone) You can come out from behind there, whover you are. I can see your feet.

<Silver>: Feet? Damn! (takes out saber)

<Dekim>: Silver Scorpion.....I never expected you to be here....planning on using that sword, eh?

<Silver holds sword to Dekim's throat>: Gimme one good reason not to kill you.

<Dekim>: Give me one good reason for you to kill Treize.

<Silver>: He separated me from my family. I thought my wife was dead, and because of his damn coup, my granddaughter and many others I cared about were killed or taken away from me. Don't forget all the others he has sacrificed for his megalomanic cause.

<Dekim>: Ah, but that was all Lady Une. Treize gave the order to stop most of Une's schemes, not start them.

<Silver>: Huh?

<Dekim>: Your Boss Scorpion blew up the missile station, but Treize had already ordered Une to stop the attack.

<Silver>: What are you doing here then, Barton?

<Dekim>: My company deals in transportation and delivery. Treize had a 'delivery' scheduled. A cache of Gundanium, I believe. (sips glass).

<Silver>: Gundanium......what does he want with Gundanium?

<Dekim>: You tell me. I guess you overheard my phone conversation just now. I'm here as an alibi to young Mariemia's "dissappearance" from her school.

(Silver thrusts at Dekim's collar, button falls off)

<Dekim>: She is my granddaughter, Silver. Her father cannot raise her in this time of revolution and turmoil. I must take her in. You said you had a granndaughter. You know how it feels, the distance, the helplessness.... I'm doing this for Mariemia's own good.

Silver thinks of Sylvia......would he have done the same if he was in Dekim's shoes? As he holds the blade to Dekim's throat, he realizes that Barton is unnerved. He knows that Barton is telling the truth about the Gundanium, but he has the feeling that Dekim is correct. The true victims of war are the children.....

<Silver>: Get out. Before I change my mind. (lowers sword)

<Dekim>: It's good to see people who understand the pains of war. I must go now. My shuttle has arrived. (watch beeps) Remember, Silver Scorpion. You are fighting for the children. So am I.

<Silver>: Go. I hear footsteps. Even though you're a guest, our conversation might have raised some suspicion. (points to doorway)

(Dekim leaves and closes the door)

<Silver>: Now to find Treize....

[DUNGEON]

<Alain Robert>: Zut Alor!! You arrh ze Treize Kushrenada, no?

<Treize>: Yes, I am he. Please tell me sir, what are you doing in my residence.

<Alain Robert>: Aaaah monsieur, I waaas onli trghying to claimb youuh waall...Iz it a chhhrime?

<Treize>: Guards, release this man. (laughs) He's no trespasser.....he's a world famous daredevil.

(Alain walks out rubbing his cuffs) : Merci, mon ami!

<Treize>: *sigh* This is getting boring.....the Romefeller Foundation hasn't attacked me yet...what are they waiting for? I think I should unwind with a bit of piano playing....

[PIANO ROOM]

<Treize looks at picture>: Ah, my sweet little MarieMia...your Grandpa came after you today, and didn't find you.... the world will be safe for you, don't worry....

(Trieze begins to play )

<Treize>: It is moments like this when I can lose myself....

(Treize plays another verse)

<Trieze>: Such a beautiful creation.....the piano is truly a marvel.

(Shadow steps behind Trieze)

(Trieze keeps on playing, but looks carefully over his shoulder)

<Trieze>; If you wish to duel, please come out and duel with me in the open. This cat and mouse is no good for either of us. WHo is there? Is it you again, Wufei?

<Silver steps out>: No, It's me. En Garde, Kushrenada! (Draws sabre)

<Trieze>: The Silver Scorpion.....what brings you here?

<Silver>: A suggestion. I'm going to end this war right here and right now.

(Silver locks door)

<Treize>: I'm not in charge of this war anymore.

<Silver>: Like I care. You were the one who plotted to kill Ventai and the other Alliance generals at New Edwrads, weren't you? You were there to act as a decoy with your stooge, Lady Une.

<Treize>: Yes, but that was before.....now things are different.

<Silver>: Dammit Treize, pull out your sword and fight!

<Triez>: Very well. Be prepared to lose. A Gundam pilot couldn't defeat me. I don't think someone like you can.

(Trieze picks a sword off the wall)

<Silver/ Trieze>: En Garde!

Noventa and Treize duel, with swords pit against each other, locked in a cross of endless force. Neither wants to concede, but the skill of the other is very high indeed, they both think. Treize has clearly underestimated Noventa's skills. The lock breaks and both combatants are flung to the other side of the room, each getting up

groggily. Treize is the first to attack , utilizing a double slash which Noventa easily parries. Noventa's counter attack, however is short of the mark as Treize quickly retreats back. Noventa raises his sword in a direct charge, which leads to Trieze pulling the same turning manouver he used on Wufei.

Silver blocks the sword with his saber, batting away the weapon before it claims his throat. Treize jumps back again.

<Treize>: I'm impressed, Silver. You are a worthy adversary indeed.

<Silver swings at Treize's foot>: Stop talking!

The duel restarts, with Treize once again avoiding and ducking Noventa's constant attacks while launching his own. Sword clashes are heard throughout the night, as the two swordfighting veterans duke it out.

<Trieze ducks>: Don't you understand OZ, Scorpion? We are merely liberating the world from the Alliance!

<Silver backslahes>: You are not! You are simply retaking it over!

<Treize>: Why exactly are you fighting? For honour? Glory?

<Silver>: I have responsibility. I am a soldier. My first priority is insuring the safety of my people. Your ambitions (kicks at Trieze's shin) threaten that safety! I cannot just stand by and watch you destroy them!

<Trieze unbalanced>: Then we're both the same!

<Silver>: We are NOT the same!(Jumps at Treize)

<Trieze jumps forward>: Think about it, Silver....

(Swords clash)

<Silver>: I never wanted to kill peace! You're the one that wanted to create your own crude "peace"!

<Treize>: There can be no peace in the world until peace is imposed UPON the world!

<Silver and Trieze charge at each other>: Yaaaaaaaaaa!/ Raaaaaaaaaa!

<Trieze, seeing his blade in Silver's shoulder>: Yes!! I've done it!

<Treize sees his own blood>: No.....it can't be!!!

<Silver sees his blade in Trieze's stomach>: Shit, I missed his heart! It that MY blood??

<Treize>: *Uuuhrk*...seems we've reached a draw.....

<Silver>: *Owwww*.....My shoulder.....yeah....I can't pull my sword out....neither can you....

<Treize>: On three....one....two... *CLANG* (Treize drops to the floor)

(Phantom smiles, holding frying pan)

<Silver>: Phantom! How.....?

<Scorpio>: Let's just say a little Frenchman told me. Hehehe....Crimson was right....these Made in Taiwan frying pans stink.....(throws pan)

<Silver>: Scorpio.....I need to talk to you .....we'd better leave...

<Scorpio>: Finish your mission, Scorpion. He's right there for the taking.

<Silver shakes his head>: He told me we were the same......soldiers, fighting for what we believed in. I was driven by rage and guilt....I guess I have no beliefs anymore....

(Silver takes MarieMia's picture)

<Silver>: Her grandfather told me that this is the only picture Treize ever had of her. I'm going to take it. Killing Treize now would be only temporary satifaction. I'm going to hurt this guy bad. Now you know how it feels to be cheated out of your children....

<Scorpio>: Kushrenada.....you never play fair....neither do we:) I hope that when you wake up, you realize that....come on, we have to go.

(Silver eyes unconscious Treize)

<Silver>: I feel sorry for this guy.....

<Heero, stepping in from air vent>: You two, hold it right there.

[LATER, TREIZE IS STILL KO'ED]

<Scorpio>: Comic books.....falling on your head? Crimson,Crimson....

<Heero>: Yeah...he scares even me......I've never been found out before so fast....

<Scorpio>: Well, Heero....I'd better go now.....Silver?

(Silver holds saber to Heero's chest)

<Silver>: You still smell like the grave I kicked you in. If you cross us Heero, you'll be sniffing it permanently.

<Scorpio>: Chill, dude! We're ALLIED with them for the time being.....

Three of them have already agreed to work with us.

<Silver thinks>: "We're the same"........."We're the same"

<Silver>; WE'RE NOT THE SAME! (Sheaths saber)

<Treize>: Ooooh....my head.....who is that.....

<Heero>: You better go. He's getting up. I have...a mission.

<Scorpio>: Doktor J sent you here to retrieve something. None of our business. Silver, we're off!

<Silver>; Remember, Heero. I'm WATCHING you.....

(Scorpio and Silver jump out the window onto Ex-Bund Jegan sleds)

<Treize>: I hope they didn't nick Epyon.....

<Heero>: Don't worry. That Gundam belongs to me now.

[ONBOARD EX-BUND HOVERSHIP]

<Nagaki, serving coffee>: Sorry, it's a little tight.

<Silver>: It's alright. *fart*

<Scorpio fans>: It's NOT alright...peeeyew!

(ROmefeller planes whiz by)

<Nagaki>: We're cloaked.....but where are all these guys going??

<Ex-Bund>: Telemetry indicates that they're headed for the Sanq Kingdom. Aries force is already on its way there. One squadron, apparently.

<Silver>: Romefeller is going to invade the Sanq Kingdom?

<Scorpio leaps to his feet>: Alert the others!

<Duo on commm>: No need, Pappa Death! We're already there!

<Scorpio>: Huh?

<Crimson>: Quattre told me he saw the plane movements on his way to L4. COA, Boss?

<Scorpio>: Nagaki, Sanq Kingdom....before it's too late!

(WIng Zero passes by)

<Scorpio>: Heero?....No....it can't be...it's ZECHS!!!

<Duo>: You sure??

<Scorpio>: 100%.....let's GO!

(Hovership boosts away)

next chapter