CHAPTER 31- ALL TOGETHER NOW

 

After his duel with Treize, Silver has come to realize that he and Kushreanda are in fact very similar in nature. While the outcome of that duel was a bloody stalemate, Silver still feels like he won. Allowing Dekim Barton to carry out his kidnapping of MarieMia Kushrenada, Silver takes Treize's only picture of her as a reminder of the stakes of war. Treize wakes up to find Heero in front of him, staring at the Epyon. Meanwhile, Nagaki and the Ex-Bunds encounter a massive Romefeller invasion force headed for the Sanq Kingdom. To Scorpio's surprise, the Gundam pilots and Crimson Cancer are already there, dug in. They head for the Kingdom.....

(Nagaki sounds alarm)

<Nagaki>: Ex-Bunds! Deploy at pre-determined hotspots 1,4,and 6! The Gundams and Scorpions will take care of the others. Air Tragos, you copy?

<Air Tragos>: Copy, Colonel. We'll hide out in the clouds and provide cover.

<Scorpio in PS>: I hope we're not too late!

<Silver in Scorpio mkII>: Crimson, is Otto with you?

<Crimson>: No....He's bringing Barton and Winner from L4....that wiener better get here quick!

<Scorpio>: Damn..... Radar dude, status?

<Radar Dude>: About 50 carriers, sir. Mostly Aries class, with several new units.....

<Scorpio>: I saw those units near Mo-V! Careful Crimson, they're protected against beams and projectiles!

<Crimson>: I know, Phantom. I designed the Virgo.....I never thought they'd actually build the damn thing! I've got a suprise for them though....

<Scorpio>: Anything else, Kostya? Before we get jumped again?

<Crimson>: Nothing else, I guess.....the Virgo was an aborted project....

<Scorpio>: Hang tight, guys....the cavalry is on its way!

(PS,Scorpio mk II launch with Air Tragos and Jegans)

[OZ RESOURCE/FACTORY SATTELITE]

<Rose, on the phone>: Get there ASAP, Quattre! How's Trowa?

<Quattre>: He still doesn't remember a thing......but he knows his Mobile Suit is in the Sanq Kingdom....we're headed there now....thank you again, Desert Rose....

<Rose>: Don't matter....I'm stuck here....shuttle's outta gas:(

(Rose spots Lady Une and her entourage): Gotta go, bye.

(Rose fishes quarter out of pay phone): Save money....my money!

<Saint Une>: I think they are really warming to us.

<Bureaucrat>: Yes, they even applauded you, Lady Une. I must say, you have a way with words. You sure have changed from the earlier days when we saw you on TV.

<Saint Une>: You flatter me, sir. Now- eh?

(Une spots a pink rose on the floor)

<Une>: Now I have to get some sleep.....have a nice day, gentlemen...

(Une goes around the corner, is grabbed from behind and dragged into a closet)

<Une pulls light switch>: You have some nerve, coming here! i could have you executed! *owwww my head*

<Rose holds up Une>: I can't help it...I had to see you again..... With all that's going on, why haven't I seen the white rose wave yet? ou could be in grave danger and I wouldn't know....

<Saint Une>: You only gave me one, Rose......if I throw it away, how can I ever see you again?

<Rose takes off mask>: Maybe I should....leave a stronger impression?

(Une and Otto kiss)

<Saint Une pulls away>: I'm sorry, Rose.......

<Otto>: Treize, isn't it? You sense he's in trouble?

<Une nods>: I can just feel it......

<Otto holds Une>: Don't worry, Une......whichever one I'm talking to.....I'm here for you.....

<Colonel Une>: Let go of me !*ow*

<Saint Une>: I'm not feeling right,Rose....what is wrong with me?

<Otto>: Shhhh......it's alright.....I'm here....

<Allenbi>: Kinda reminds me of me back in the Beserker System days....

<Rain>: Yeah, I had to fire an arrow to wake you up....

<George>: Hey, do you two mind? Rose is worried....

(Saint Une pulls Otto quickly into a room)

<Saint Une>: Be careful, my rose....you took a big risk by coming here....there are guards all over the place....

<Colonel Une>: Don't worry. The room is sealed. No one can hear us.

<Otto>: Please, one at a time.......I love you both, but this personality thing is driving me crazy......crazy enough to sneak onto Oz's command sattelite....

<Saint Une>: Now, why did you really come here?

<Otto>: To see you.

<Colonel Une>: No mission? No diversion? Nothing?

(Otto shakes head)

<Une>: Why, Otto? I don't buy it....

<Otto takes Une's hand>: Because I know the Sanq Kingdom attack wasn't a Treize order.....

<Une>: Sanq Kingdom attack....?

<Otto rubs head>: I thought that if it wasn't a Treize order, then you must have been in trouble......so I came here....

<Une>: Oh, Otto....what would I do without you....?

[SANQ KINGDOM]

(Mafia Monsters man positions): Careful now, guys. Queen Relena doesn't want anything destroyed....

<Dorothy on a hill>: Come on war! Start already! Maybe I'll see that bishonen Silver Scorpion! COME ON,WAR! START ALREADY!

<Scorpio throws Duo a bazooka>: Good thing they had to stop over for refuelling in the mountains.....but we've got no time!

(Deathscythe Hell catches bazooka)

[RELENA'S OFFICE]

<Relena>: I don;t want my kingdom destroyed just to win one battle.I will surrender.

<Crimson>: You will not.....it would mean collapse of the last bastion of peace on this earth...

<Relena>: But I cannot have the deaths of innocents on my hands....I'd be just like my brother.

<Crimson>: Where did Milliardo go?

<Relena>: I don;t know.....

<Crimson turns his back>: Whatever happens, we will not give up. For once, the Gundam pilots are with us. I know personally the horrors of total destruction.

<Relena>: Then we should surrender.....for the sake of the people!

<Crimson>: If we surrender, your 'people' will hate you until you have no more "people" who believe in you. Back to square one. That's what happenned to my mother Russia. We surrendered to the Alliance, and our nuclear scientists lost faith.....and destroyed the country....

<Relena>: My dad told me about that....I'm truly sorry...

<Crimson>: That is why we must fight,Peacecraft. Because anything else would make us lose faith. Right now, total pacifism is not the right option. Maybe later....when all the mobile suits are destroyed....

<Relena>; You better be right, Crimson.

<Crimson>: If you want the battle to end, please press this button. No more fighting.

(hands Relena a controller)

<Relena>: Self-destruct? I won't!

<Crimson>: Trust me. Suicide is the last thing on my mind.

[IN THE AIR]

<Commander>: Virgoes ready to deploy. Recon Aries, report.

<Aries>: Many forces are assembling at the attack points....several unidentified mobile suits....Leos....and...GUNDAMS??

<Commander>: No matter. Duke Dermail says we nuke the joint with the Virgoes. Heheh...they're gonna burn. LAUNCH!

[ON THE GROUND]

<Rashid>: You know the plan. After they launch.....

(Maguanacs nod)

[SANQ KINGDOM]

<Mafia Scout>: Here they come! Everyone dig in!

<Pargan>: Oh dear! The gardens!!! Oh no.....my petunias!!

<Cancer II>: Meet your creator, bringers of Death.......

<Duo>: Meet the GOD of Death!

(Dramatic drum music sounds)

 

The Virgoes are fearsome units. Designed to be the successor to the Taurus MD, they are protected by super Planet Defensors, deflector shields that stop any projectile or energy attack. With laser weaponry and backup from the human troops, the Virgoes look set to conquer the tiny European Kingdom.

<Quattre, in dropship>: We're no too late, Trowa! (spots flares)

<Trowa>: HeavyArms....is over there.

(SandRock drops out)

<Duo>: Good to see you, Quattre.

<Quattre>: Your arm......ow is it?

<Duo>: So I heal fast....besides, the pretty chick in there makes it worthwhile.

<Trowa>: Who....put......the dual chain gun?

<Nagaki>: Heads up! Incoming at point 4! Air Tragos!

(Air Tragos fire, PD's block shots. Virgoes fire back, many Air Tragoses are shot down)

<Nagaki>: Oh Lord....they;re impregnable!

<Crimson>: I know.

<Scorpio>: All guns cease fire! All units! HAND TO HAND!

(Units throw away guns, hand weapons come out)

<Viroges firing lasers>: Target PS-02 Scorpio unit. Target confirmed.

(Laser fires, Silver dodges)

<Dorothy>: SILVER!!!! Fight them! Make me proud!!!

(Scorpio mkII leaps and slashes Virgo): YEAH! Go,SILVER!

<Silver>: Too many to fight hand to hand!

<Scorpio swings Virgo around>: Yeah! And no Aquarius or Pisces to help us out this time!

(Aries slashes Virgo): Noin??

<Noin>: I have to protect Relena.

(PS Kung fu kicks Virgo)

<Scorpio>: Be careful, girl!

(Nagaki with twin beam sabers, next to Wufei)

<Wufei>: So you've decided to fight with honour, Nagaki?

<Nagaki>: If you can call it honour. I swore my life to China. Now that Bund is gone, I have no home to return to.

(Altron burns Virgoes): It seems that the Defensors do not protect against fire.

<Nagaki>: It worked in space, it may work here.....Crimson?

<Crimson nods>: Fire Balls.....activate!

<Noin>: The Balls???

Adapted from ancient Defense Ball technology, the Gundatitanium-armored Fire Balls are Crimson's latest invention. Their purpose is unknown, as Crimson never told anyone what they were designed to do...

(Fire Balls sweep around Cancer II, circling around in a ring)

(DX Cannons point up)

<Crimson>: Microwave...... Cannon! (Fires DX cannon into ring)

<Duo>: What (scythe) is he (schythes Virgo) doing?

(Fire Balls glow red and scatter all over)

<Virgo>: New target...adjusting scope......*ERROR* Target velocity too fast...switching to manual arms control **BOOM**

<Scorpio tears off a Virgo arm>: What the hell?

Crimson has apparently loaded his microwave beam energy into te Balls themselves, which zip around the battlefield guided by Cancer II's targetting computers. Crimson calls them bits. Cancer II stands still, as if waiting for its "spawn" to finish its job.

<Aries commander>: Those balls are emitting high frequency Microwave energy! They're like Fireballs! The PLanet Defensors can't stop them!

(Virgoes look up,left and right before being burnt)

<Wufei destroys them with Naginata>: Now! Soldiers! While they're confused!!

(Ex-Bunds and Mafia Monsters rush forward with beam sabers/knives)

(Altron uses naginata): Crimson! WHy don't you fight?

<Crimson>: If I know Relena, I won't have to. Trowa, cover your komrades if you please.

<Duo>: Hey guys, a little help here?

(Bullets rip through Virgo)

<Duo>: They're bulletproof....?

<Crimson>: All Gundams and MS units! Hit your Vulcans!

<Duo>: These bullets look different....

<Crimson>: Because they're photonic. They'll break through those barriers like a knife through bread. Trust me.

<Duo>: Syeah right.

<Scorpio fires vulcans>: Trust it to Mr Cold Heart over there to come up with a hot solution.....

(PD's collapse, Virgoes reform and attack again)

(HeavyArms pours fire all over the battlefield)

<Trowa>: They are still numerically superior. I suggest everyone go to guns now. I'll take care of the planet defensors.

<Silver fires photonic chaingun>: Barrage, Maguanc style! Let em have it!

(Bullets rain on Virgoes, many are taken down by the barrage)

[EASTERN FRONT]

<Quattre>: I don't have to apologize to lifeless dolls! (heat cleaver rips two Virgoes apart)

<Dorothy still on the hill>: Wow! What a fight! I love this!

<Quattre, spotting Dorothy>: Hey you! Get out of there!

<Dorothy faces Virgo>: Ohhhhhhhh.......oh no!!!

(Virgo is clubbed to death by Mafia Monsters, Dorothy jumps clear)

<Quattre swings toward Dorothy>: Are you nuts???? You could get killed!

<Dorothy>: You're the one who is crazy! Go back out there and fight!

<Quattre>: I know you..... (from the computer room) Dorothy Catalonia...

<Dorothy>: WHo are you??

(SandRock is hit from behind, falls over)

<Quattre>: Uuuh! My head....I can't see! My scopes are shot!

<Dorothy shakes fist at Virgo>: You coward! Why are you attacking him from behind!

<Quattre>; Get out of here, Dorothy!

(Dorothy stands in front of SandRock): Fight like a man!

<Quattre>: There IS no man in there! It's nothing but a lifeless doll!

(SandRock scoops up Dorothy and charges at Virgo)

<Dorothy>; Wheeeeeee!

(SandRock body checks Virgo, Virgo explodes)

<Dorothy>; That was fun!

<SandRock>: Pleeease, Dorothy......I don't want to see you die now!

<Dorothy>: Oh, alright....But you keep on fighting!

(Sand Rock runs toward another Virgo swarm)

<Dorothy>: I love this war! Many heroes! Not like the dolls OZ is using! Go boys!!Smash another one for me, SandRock!

<Duo>: What's her problem?

<Wufei>: Too much WWF in her life....

[ROMEFELLER HQ]

<Underling>: The battle is deadlocked, sir. The resisting forces are using unheard of microwave particle technology to decompose the Defensor shields. Our numbers are holding, but we aven't advanced an inch.

<Dermail>: Go to plan B.

<Underling>: Yes, sir.

<Dermail>: I hope Dorothy is safely in her room as I told her to be...

[BATTLEFIELD]

<Dorothy climbs on top of Cancer II>: I got a good view from here!

<Crimson>: Da, you can sit up there. Just don't move off the top, OK?

<Dorothy>: NO problem!

<Relena>: Is that DOROTHY out there!?!

(Virgoes drop in behind Scorpion lines and head toward Relena's compund)

<Pargan>; My word! They're advancing on us! We're helpless, Relena!

<Relena>: Looks like I have to.....wait...(takes out controller) hmm....

<Crimson>: As you can see, Miss Catalonia, the Balls are controlled by me. Or rather my suit. They can sense the friendlies from the enemy and deal as such. It's a better way to fight sometimes....

<Dorothy>; I'd rather see people duke it out, but this is alright....given the circumstances.

<Crimson>: You take after your grandfather, I suppose. Duke Dermail?

<Dorothy>: That's him, alright! Granpa!

<Silver slashing Aries>: Asshole.

(Cancer claws grab Dorothy): Wha-what's going on! LET ME DOWN!

<Crimson>: Crimson to Relena. I;ve got your Romefeller spy. Relena....Relena...?

[RELENA'S OFFICE]

<Virgo broadcasts>: This is Duke Dermail of the Romefeller foundation. You are to surrender unconditionally to us, Queen Peacecraft. Or i will instruct this unit to fire.

<Pargan>; You can't surrender! Relena.....

<Mrs Darlian>: Relena....

<Crimson>: Press the button, Relena.

<Relena>: I have one last request, Dermail. I want to turn on all the lights in the city. Can I press this remote?

<Dermail>: Of course.

<Scorpio>: What is that button, Red Scorpion??

<Crimson>: The answer to all your problems.

<Silver>: I hate the sound of that......

Relena gulps and presses the button. At first, nothing happens. The fighting is still going on, but the Gundam pilots stand in suspense. The insane look of calm on Crimson is scaring the pants off the other Scorpions. They wait.....until suddenly, red satellite dishes come out of the ground. With a crackle of red lightning, a dome begins to form above the entire Sanq Kingdom. The Virgos begin to shake, and then one by one, deactivate. Mafia Monsters fighting tooth and claw with Virgoes suddenly find themselves stuck under tons of fallen Virgo carcasses. As HeavyArms' photon chaingun stops whirring, Wufei drops the Virgo he was previously grappling with. Scorpio and SIlver kick at the dead Virgos, to make sure.

<Scorpio>; Ok....what happenned? Why are our units still standing?

(Fire Balls Dock behind Crimson)

<Crimson>: Ladies and gentlemen. My first invention not to bring death. It's my first from Mercurius.It shorts out all AI circuits, hence the Mobile Dolls are shot. Units with pilots are not affected because the mobile suits still need human input. No AI circuit. And the Maguanacs should be ready with the rest of today's action.

[ON DA GROUND]

<Abdul>: Yes, we've shot down their carriers....what a mess! But some of the dolls are intact. We're putting them in storage, as requested. You should see this, Master Quattre! Look at the Virgos, dropping like flies!

<Dorothy>: Boooooooo!

<Scorpio>: All non pilot units, you said? Look up, Crimson!

(Epyon and Wing Zero fall from the sky)

<Relena>: They must have fought above us all this time....

<Zechs>: WHy did my ZERO system shut down???

<Heero>: EPYON system down....all systems at 0%...abandoning craft.

<Crimson laughs maniacally>: I have sucessfully countered the ZERO system as well! This IS a day for suprises!

<Scorpio>; Zechs! is that you?'

[OZ SATELLITE]

<Otto>: I hear troops coming in...yours?

<Une>: No, they're Romefeller goons...(steps in front of them)

(Pistol shots ring through complex)

<Otto>; Une! Run!

<Une>: Right! (fires pistol)

<Otto>: They're going for you! This way!

<Tsubarov>: Kill her.....

next chapter