CHAPTER 32- THE LADY AND THE ROSE

 

The Scorpions and the Gundams have successfully defended the Sanq Kingdom , largely due to Crimson Cancer's two inventions- An MD Immobilizer and Fire Balls, superarmored microwave energy charged balls which tear through Planet Defensors. Scorpio sees Heero and Zechs fall from the sky in Wing Zero and Epyon, and Crimson laughs with glee as he has now defeated the ZERO system units as well. Meanwhile, General Tsubarov and his goons have boarded the Factory satellite and are hunting down Treize Faction people.....Lady Une and Otto are on board!

****!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!****

Hey readers, this chapter is a tad on the soap opera style and has a bunch of mush.....so if you don't want to read it, go on to the next chapter, OK?

 

[SANQ KINDGOM]

 

(Box with Jauhara Gundam inside stays closed)

<Scorpio>: Roooooose.....whaere are you?!

<Crimson>: I could have sworn I left that nincompoop with a task too easy....

<Silver knocks on container>: Otto? Otto? WHere are you?

(Container wall falls on Noventa's foot) : Owowow....help me.....

<Crimson>: He's not here......Quattre, where was he last time you saw him?

<Quattre>: Rose said he was at a resource satellite or something.....

<Silver>: Help.....oooh my foot...

<Scorpio>: Huh? A resource satellite? I'll call Adin and ask him if he saw anything.....

<Nagaki on com>: Cleanup complete,sir. Now I have to bury my Air Tragos troops....

<Scorpio>: Yes...we'll all be there for the funeral, Nagaki....

<Ma Ranieri>: Did you find Otto?

<Crimson>: No.....where is that idiot?

[OZ RESOURCE SATELLITE]

(Une dodges bullet, hides behind door)

<Otto>: Rose to Scorpions....Rose to Scorpions.....not good, I'm outta range....

<Une>: I hope you brought your Gundam...

<Otto>: *ulp* What if I didn't?

<Une>: Then we'll have to find some other way to get off this satellite and warn Mr Treize. (reloads)

<Otto>: For now (shoots), my primary concern is getting you out of here...(reloads)

<Une>: Down here! (opens an elevator shaft)

<Otto>: You crazy? That's a looong way down, lady!

(Romefeller troops break down door)

<Otto>: Today's the day for craziness....GERONIMO!!!!!!!

(Lady Une and Otto jump down the shaft)

<Romefeller>: They're gone, sir. No trace.

<Tsubarov>: Damn! I didn't know Une was THIS skilled!

<Romefeller>: She was with this other guy....couldn't see him right..he had a mask on or something...

<Tsubarov>: Could be one of her elite forces. Fan out and smoke the tunnels if you have to! Find Une and eliminate her! The Treize Faction will pay for betraying the OZ organization!

[ELEVATOR SHAFT]

<Otto>: Love in an elevay-tooor....love in an elevay-toooor....

<Une>: Very funny, Otto. Sing Aerosmith while we're in trouble.

<Otto>: Une?

<Une>: Yeah?

<Otto>: Are the headaches gone? Which one of you am I talking to?

<Une>: I don't feel them anymore....that's strange......

<Otto clicks on flashlight>: You may need these. (gives Une her glasses)

(Une puts on her glasses,Otto braces)

<Une>: Nothing. I don't feel changed.....it's like I've just been reborn.

<Otto>: Thank God for that.....the last thing I need is you turning Colonel and going gung ho on me...

<Une>: Who says I'm not rough enough as I am? (cocks pistol)

<Otto smiles>: Never, babe. Now to get us out of here....

(Otto bends over to unscrew a hatch)

<Une>: You have a cute butt, you know that?

(Une spanks it)

<Otto>:OW! Une, do ya mind....? I'm trying to get us out.

<Une smiles>: Sorry...just couldn't resist:)[What would Mr Treize think of this.....?I'm flirting with the enemy....?]

<Otto throws open the hatch>: OK, down here!

(Une and Otto slip down the hatch and into a hallway)

<Une lands first>: All clear, Rose.

<Otto refixes mask>: OK. Let's try for the spaceport and a transport vessel.

<Une>: It's down this hallway, I think.

[MAIN HALL]

<Tsubarov>: Attention OZ soldiers. I am Brigadier General Tsubarov of the Romefeller Foundation. We have been backing you for the entirety of your campaign. Therefore all of you loyal to Treize Kushreanada must either join us or lay down your arms and surrender. The only other alternative is death.

<OZzies>: Oh no, not another aristocratic snob.....first Treize, now this guy? I really regret joining this outfit....seems we never get any peace around here!

<OZzie 2>: Shh! Tsubarov might hear you!

(Tsubarov walks by, soldiers stand attention)

<OZzie 1>: *Phew*

<OZzie 2>: Phew is right.....*oof*

(Shaft cover falls on OZzie's head)

<OZzie>: WHo goes there??Oh...Lady Une.

<Une>: Please...I mean....HEY YOU! Help me already!

(OZzies help Lady Une down)

<OZzie>: What's going on, ma'am? Who's this new guy and why is he telling us to surrender? Isn't he one of our guys?

<Une>: I have no idea who's who anymore, boys. Come on, Rose. These two might be able to lead us to the spaceport.

<OZzies pull their guns on Rose>: Hold it! You're the enemy! You're a Scorpion!Lady Une, what's the meaning of this?

<Rose>: I'm uh...her hostage! Yeah, I'm her hostage! (Hands up)

<OZzie>: If you're her hostage, then why are you following her?

<OZzie>: Something's not right here....hands up! BOTH of you!

<Une karate chops OZzie>: This is wasting time!

(Otto punches the other one)

<Otto, rubbing fist>: Great, Une. Now they're KO'ed. How are we gonna get to the spaceport?

<Une puts finger on Otto's lip>: We improvise. What's your size? (Smiles mischeviously)

[SANQ KINGDOM]

<Scorpio to Adin Barnett>: He's not on an MO satellite?

<Adin>: No. And where's my Elvis sofa???

<Scorpio shrugs and turns a knob>: Sorry, Barnett...we're losing you....

<Adin>: You son of a.....*bzzzzzt*

<Scorpio rubs chin>: No trace of him.....hmm....Noin?

<Noin>: I'm here for the funeral....no word on Rose?

<Scorpio shakes head>: Even the MO colonies don't know where he is.

It's a mystery to all.

<Noin>: Rose isn't the only one missing...[Zechs, where are you?]

<Heero>: He just up and left before Scorpio or I could talk to him....he took Epyon,too....

<Crimson>:He'll think twice before coming to this town with the ZERO system again......

[OZ RESOURCE SATALLITE]

(Otto and Une walk past others, dressed in OZ uniforms)

<Otto>: This is dangerous....

<Une>: It's a good idea, trust me.

<Otto>: When did you get so cocky?

<Une>: I don't know....I just feel confident all of a sudden. Maybe cause you're around?

<Otto scratches head>: Hey....I just wanted to see you again...I never knew I could have such an effect on people...

(Une and Otto get around a corner)

<Une>: A couple more levels. Be ready for anything.

<Otto>: That's the Une I know.

<Underwear Romefellers>: HEY! Those are the guys who stole our uniforms!

(OZ Soldiers turn around and aim at the backs of Une and Rose)

<Otto and Une hands up>: OK, smart alec lady....anymore bright ideas?

<Une>: Your sarcasm will kill me before they do..... What's that down there in the convention center?

(Otto spots a gathering)

<Otto>: We can lose ourselves in the crowd! Come on! (grabs Une's hand)

(Une and Otto plunge into the crowd)

(Romefellers and OZ soldiers stop at balcony):

<Romefellers>: Damn! They're in that peagant! Fan out! Search the area! FIND THEM! Find them! Oh, and find us some clothes.....

 

<Une>: WHO's the one with the crazy ideas?

<Announcer>: And the winner is....that lady on her four legs! Come over here to receive your trophy!

<Otto bumps into contestant>: OOps, sorrry....Une? Wait a minute...

<Une>: I'm over here, Rose!

(Otto and Une look up at a banner)

"LADY UNE LOOK ALIKE CONTEST. FIRST PRIZE, A TRIP TO JUPITER AND BACK. SECOND PRIZE, A ONE WAY TRIP"

<Une>: I'll be damned....

<Announcer>: You! Get up here already!

<Une points to self>: Who me?

<Otto looks left and right>: Must be you, babe.

<Contestant>: Wow! She looks sooooo like the real deal. Tell me, girlfriend, where did you get such accurate makeup? I just HAVE to know!!

<Une>: Uh....It came natural, I guess...

(Une is taken by the stage hands)

<Announcer>: Congratulations, Miss! Here's your trophy! (hands Une a trophy) Do you have any words for the folks at home...

<Une blushes>: Oh no....I've never won anything like this before.....[even if I AM the real Lady Une!]

<Announcer/Otto>: Come on, babe! Say something!

(Soldiers bust in)

<Une>: Oh SHIT!

<Contestants>: "Oh shit?"

<OZzie>: OK, arrest Lady Une! Spread out!

<Soldiers>: Um.....sir....they're ALL Unes.....

<Soldier grabs Rose>: Heheh...look at this one. No chance in hell in this contest.

<Rose kicks Soldier in the nuts>: Hmph....jerk.

(Contestants laugh,Soldier rolls around on the ground)

<Rose>: Make way, ladies. (sways hips) Come on, dah-link. We have to celebrate your victory.

<Une>: Sure, "girlfriend". Um.....bye!

(Une and Otto run backstage)

[LATER]

<Une huffs and puffs>: That was a close one....Otto, can I ask you a question?

<Otto huffs and puffs>: Yeah?

<Une>: If that was a beauty contest, would I have won?

<Otto>: Of course....! Even if you DID cheat a little just now...

<Une laughs>: The soldier was right. You make an UGLY me. HAhahaha...

(Une and Otto laugh)

<Une>: Thanks, Otto.....you know, Treize never told me anything like that....

<Otto>:I'm sure he....he would...(looks away)

<Otto>: Listen, Une.....about you and him......

<Une>: Yeah....I know...

<Otto>: I don't want to get between you and him....

<Une>: Otto...

<Otto holds forehead>: Oh damn...you married him, didn't you?OH GOD! I've been going out with a married woman!!!

<Une>: No, he hasn't even proposed. (Otto collapses in a relieved heap)You're just being silly....

<Otto>:But you told me in Moscow that you were in love with him....I'm inclined to believe you....even if I don't know where it leaves me....

<Une leans back>: I don't know how to tell you without hurting you, Otto...Treize....he's special to me....but you're special too.....

<Otto>:I understand....(takes out rose, sniffs it)....I don't want to put you into any trouble with Treize....from what I've seen here, he doesn't seem like such a terrible man now....

<Une>: I thought you Scorpions hated him and me.....

<Otto>: The others have....."issues" with you two and OZ....I was along just for the ride, I guess...

<Une>: So you don't hate me?

<Otto, envisioning both Saint and Lady Une>: I don't...I don't know, Une....I really am confused about you. First you're this sawed off shotgun bitch with an authority complex....

(Une frowns)

<Otto>: Then you're an angelic figure everyone on the colonies loves.....what happenned to you? To tell you the truth, I don't know whether to kiss you or kill you....

<Une>: You've already kissed me, so.....

<Otto>: I can't hate you now, Une.....because I still don't know you.....

<Une>: That is good judgement on your part, my Rose....

<Otto>: I have to think of a way to tell this to the others....they must think I'm missing....

(George DeSande pops in): Bonjour, Rose!

<Otto>: George?

<Une>: Huh, who's George? Otto, are you alright?

<Otto>: George, I never thought I'd be glad to see your face...

<George>: So, this is the woman you were talking about....Bon Soir, madame....my name is George DeSande. I represent Neo France. (George bows)

<Otto>: She can't see you. (George sweatdrops)

<Une>: I think all this hiding is making you go crazy, Otto...

<Otto>: Listen, George....we need to get outta here.....

<George>: What can I do? I'm just an apparition...

<Otto>: You get into Jauhara and activate it. Phantom and the others will do the rest...

<Une shakes Otto>: Otto, snap out of it! There's no one there!

<George>: Mon dieu! You left us on ze Earth? Zis is bad.....

<Otto>: Please, George! I have no time for your games! Get into Jauhara and activate! Before I make you eat that hair of yours!

<George sinks into wall>: Tsk tsk tsk.....touchy, Desert Rose, touchy....

[LATER, IN A ROOM]

<Une>: Tsubarov's called off the search for now.....(plops on bed)Better get some rest...

<Otto>: Yeah...hey, there's only one bed...

<Une pats space next to her>: Come on, I don't bite.....

<Otto>: Damn girl, you HAVE changed......(gets into bed)

<Une>: This is very uncomfortable....I usually sleep naked...

<Otto falls out of bed>: You WHAT?

<Une>: Sorry, Otto! Here, let me help you up. (pulls Otto up, face to face)

<Otto>: I was right...there's still a lot I don't know about you....

<Une>: Get some rest now.....

<Otto>: Um...what if I...uh...

<Une>: I'll shoot you:) Just kidding....I trust you, Otto....do you trust me?

<Otto>: I guess I have no choice....[who am I kidding? BANZAI!]

<Une>: Goodnight, my Desert Rose....

<Otto>: Goodnight, milady....

Rose and Lady Une turn their backs on each other and sleep. While Une's unexpected new personality adds another twist to their already bizarre relationship, Rose and Une are very well aware of the consequences. Still, neither wants to give up just yet,on themselves, or each other....

[COLONY MORNING]

<Otto wakes up>: *Yawn*.....hmmrmm?

(He is holding Une in his arms)

<Otto>: Yikes! (checks under blanket) Phew...clothes are still on....

<Une>: Morning, Rose.....

<Otto>: Sleep tight?

<Une sits up>: No.....I had a terrible dream last night....Treize was calling out to me on one end....so were you..... and then I saw both Saint and Colonel......they didn't know where to go either....

<Otto holds Une>: There there......don't worry about that now....we have to get out of here....

[SANQ KINGDOM]

<Ex-Bund>: Look at the Gundam! It's eyes are glowing!

(Crowd of people come)

<Duo>: What's all the ruckus! I'm trying to get some sleep!

<Quattre>: It's Jauhara! What is it trying to tell us?

<George>: Point to space.....

(Jauhara points to space)

<Quattre>: It's telling us where to find them!

<Duo>: Big DUH. We all know they're in space.

<Scorpio in pajamas>: We'll have to follow the finger then....thanks, George...

<Duo>: George?

[SPACE PORT]

(Otto and Une behind a wall)

<Otto>: All clear. One shuttle, coming up.

<Romefeller>: Hey, this is the unit Hahad's guys captured in the South Pole....wait till Dermail gets a hold of this Gundam!

<Une/Otto>: Gundam?

<Otto>: It's the WIng model! I thought it was destroyed.....

<Une>: Tsubarov has all the other shuttles blocked....

<Otto cocks pistol>: Now or never.

<Une>: You're going to pilot that Gundam?

(Otto nods)

<Une>: Be careful.

Otto and Lady Une run and hide behind crates and other equipment. As the guards stand around, two shadows sneak on board the carrier. Before he knows it, the pilot is knocked out and his co pilot is bleeding on the floor. Otto gives Une a thumbs up as he preps up the engine and she guards the door. The engines begin to hum, but the alarm has sounded. Guards led by Tsubarov run in and shoot at them.

(Engines burn)

<Otto>: A-OK! Une, get in!

(Leos block the ramp)

<Otto>: Get outta my way! (Fires machine guns on plane, Leos explode) Hang on! We're pulling out!

<Tsubarov>: Damn you all! (grabs bazooka) This'll show you!

(Tsubarov fires bazooka, hits plane's rear)

<Une>: Urgh! OW!

<Otto>: Une!! Are you alright?

<Une>: My arm...I think it's broken...I can't move.....

<Otto>: You bastards......you BASTARDS! (runs to the storage compartment)

 

<Une>: Otto....where are you going??

<Otto gets into WIng Gundam and opens rear hatch>: TAKE THIS!

(Fires Buster Gun, melts deck)

<Tsubarov>: Damn! My men! They're gone , just like that! But I've got a clean shot now! (aims bazooka)

<Otto stands on Wing Gundam cockpit>: I know you have a clean shot. (presses self detonate and jumps out)

(Wing Gundam drops out and explodes in the colony, destroying it.Surprisingly,the Gundanium casing is still there....)

<Tsubarov>:Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit! (consumed by explosion)

(Otto is blown back into the craft)

<Otto pats chest>: Body armor....never *koff* leave home without it....

<Une>: Great...we're both injured...who's gonna save us now?

[DEEP SPACE]

<Treize in Tallgeese II>: Look! That explosion! Une must be in that ship!

<Space Scorpions to Crimson>: We've found Rose, sir!

<Scorpio>: Go get him! I see Treize faction troops headed there as well!

<Otto>: Into your escape pod....I'll go into mine....and here,White Rose #2.....

<Une climbs into pod>: Rose.....

<Otto>: Lady.....

(stare at each other wistfully before closing up pods)

(Pods launch)

<Space Scorpion>: Gottim, Boss! He looks in bad shape!

(screen of a very injured Otto)

<Treize>: Lady Une! Thank God....I believe in you now, God.....forgive me for not doing it earlier....man does indeed need you...

<Une and Otto look at each other's rescue force>: I will see you again.....no matter what...

(Wing Gundam chassis floats by)

[DEPRESSED ANTI-HEROES UNION BAR]

(Zechs takes another swig of beer)

<Quinze>: Are you Zechs Marquise? I have an offer for you...

<Zechs>: I am listening....

next chapter