CHAPTER 33- DEALING WITH BUSINESS

 

Otto goes off on another clandestine "visit" to Lady Une, but the appearance of Tsubarov and the Romefeller Foundation puts them on the run. Somehow, Une's personalities have merged ,albeit temporarily, to become a sort of amalgam of Saint and Colonel. Using a variety of techniques, Rose and Une manage to escape their pursuers until they can find a shuttle. Lady Une wins her own lookalike contest:)George DeSande, the apparition within Jauhara Gundam pays Rose a visit, only to be told to return to Earth and warn everyone. Otto finds a rebuilt Wing Gundam in the escape shuttle, and gladly self destructs it to kill off Tsubarov. He and Une are injured, however, and are both rescued by Scorpio and Treize respectively. Now that the Sanq Kingdom is safe, Scorpio and the Gundam pilots plot their next move..

 

[SANQ KINGDOM,9.00]

(Otto stares out window, his arm is resting on the pane in a gazing position)

<Noin>: Rose?

<Otto>:Hmmm...?

<Noin>:What were you doing up there in the Factory satellite?You've been staring up there for ages....

<Otto>:Hrmm...nothing much....I got lost, that's all....

 

[LUXEMBOURG]

(Treize is making a practice speech, Une stares up at window and stops dictating)

<Treize>: Everything alright, Lady Une?

<Colonel Une>: Oh, alright, Mr.Treize.....

[RELENA'S DRAWING ROOM]

<Scorpio, looking over a map>: The Romefeller Foundation is based here....(puts pen on map)...on this space station.

<Nagaki>: The best option would be to attack from the asteroid field to the left....(puts pencil on map)

<Duo>: Why don't we just torch the place?

<Wufei>:We cannot. The Romefellers are dug into an underground bunker. You'd just be blowing away the trees.

<Heero>: We can use air support to cover the forward forces , (makes arrow on map) and then move in through the asteroids. (marks another spot)

<Duo,whispering to Scorpio>:Who died and made HIM a teamer?

<Scorpio>: Crimson is on his way to home base on the moon. Just in case the OZ organization try something in space.

<Sally, coming in>:I have to object....

<Silver>: Hmmm?

<Sally>: Peacemillion is far from complete. You can't possibly carry everyone on your two ships. We're a bit low on carrier ships for now.

Howard is doing the best he can,but we can't all go to space now.

<Quattre>: I guess some of us have to stay behind.....

<Silver>: I'll go. I want a piece of that bastard Dermail! (punches palm)

<Scorpio considers Silver>: Alright, Silver. I'll pick the rest at 1200 hours. Sally Po, thank you for your input. Relena, thank you again for hosting us ....

<Relena>: It is you I have to thank,Crimson in particular....that MD Immobilizer will help keep the Kingdom safe.And the Mafia Monsters can guard this place without arousing suspicion. It was a good idea to staion them here. (bows)

[OUTSIDE]

<Dorothy listens at door>: Got that. (presses tape recorder)

(Quattre opens door, hits Dorothy in the nose)

<Quattre>: OOOOps....sorry, Dorothy.....are you alright??

<Dorothy rubs nose>: Winner??.....Damn that hurts....

<Trowa hands her a tissue>:Here. You're bleeding......

<Dorothy>: Dank youd...*sniff*

<Dorothy hides behind wall>: False alarm, granps. Was just some boys playing Gundam warriors in the drawing room. I overheard some others talking, they're planning to attack you and the others....

<Dermail>:Return, granddaughter.....we will deal with those scum sooner than later...

[1200 hours]

<Noin>:I have here the ballot for who will go to space with Silver, and who will stay with the Peacemillion crew.

The Roster is:-

SPACE EARTH

Silver Scorpion Phantom Scorpio

Trowa Barton Desert Rose

Nagaki Quattre Raberba Winner

Chang Wufei Duo Maxwell

Ex-Bunds Mafia Monsters

Heero Yuy Lucerezia Noin

 

<Duo folds arms>:No fair!

<Quattre looks at Trowa>: Are you sure he'll be alright? He doesn't seem to have his full memory yet....

<Trowa>:I can cope.

<Heero>: Mission....accepted.

<Relena>:Heero,no! Phantom, stop him!

<Scorpio shakes head>: Noin made the selection, not me.She knows what she's doing.

<Scorpio>:Chang, you and Nataku ready?

<Wufei>:Ready. (looks at Sally) You're still fighting, huh?

<Sally>:I guess this is my way of fighting. You fight your way, I fight mine,I suppose.

<Wufei>:I'm not surprised no WOMAN is on my team......

<Scorpio>: Sally, our Scorpions crews can help you build it faster. Oh, and Crimson has another present for you in the yard.....

<Duo>:Oh, I suppose I can get some practice with DeathScythe Hell.....

<Rose>:Ready and willing, Duo.It'd be good practice for me as well.

<Noin>:GET TO WORK,people!

(people run about,fall over each other)

<Noin sighs>:These guys are worse than the greens at Academy......

 

 

[SHUTTLE TO ROMEFELLER FORTRESS]

<Dorothy>: Open up. The password is (types password). Confirm?

<Dermail>:Confirm. Please come in, Dorothy...

(Dorothy steps out of shuttle)

<Dermail>:Good flight, I trust, Dorothy?

<Dorothy>:Yes, grandfather. I'm happy to see you again...

<Dermail hugs Dorothy>:Now now Dorothy, why the long face? You've been a great help to me and the Romefeller Foundation! Stand tall and look proud!

<Dorothy>: It's not that, Grandpa....someone hit me in the nose earlier...it still hurts...

<Dermail>:A bully?

[WALKING THROUGH THE CORRIDOR]

<Dorothy>:No, it was an accident with the door......this boy opened it in my face...

<Dermail>: *owch* (sniggers) You never know, he might end up your bofriend! (pats Dorothy on the back) Hahahaha!!

<Dorothy blushes and hides her face>:Not funny, granddad....that blonde boy is a klutz....I want to KILL him!!(makes fist)

<Dermail>:I thought they found you out.

<Dorothy>:The one called Crimson did.....but that blonde boy vouched for me, as did Relena sama.....what their problem is, I don't know.

But I was restricted to the school. I escaped, though....

<Dermail>:Of course! You're a Catalonia! Your father would have been proud! Ah, pity he died so early.....that darn Septum ordered him on a suicide mission....

<Dorothy>:Being the brave man that he was,he went and accomplished it....too well.

 

<Dermail>:War makes us stronger, child! It strengthens our resolve! Your father did not die in vain, remember that!Aw, don't cry.....

<Dorothy wipes away tears>:Sorry, grandfather...but that brought back very bad memories......I remember him .......

(Dermail hugs Dorothy again): DOn't worry, child, soon this war will be over.....and we will be victorious!!! THe Foundation will rule over all colonies and Earth! Your father will be avenged....

<Dorothy>:Over ALL!!!(raises fist)

[LAUNCH SITE]

<Nagaki>: All systems go. We're all ready to launch.

(Aquarius rumbles)

<Silver/Space team>: Strapped in!

<Scorpio>: LAUNCH!!

(Aquarius launches, Mafia monsters look up)

<Relena>:Good luck, Heero.

[ROMEFELLER FORTRESS]

<Dermail>: Position all Virgoes in selected spots. I'm heading out myself in my Custom suit.

<Dorothy>:I want to go too!

<Dermail>:No. You will be in the fortress.....you're my only family, Dorothy. I can't lose you, if our line is to continue!

<Dorothy>:But....but....

<Dermail to forces>: Doll commands, fortress batteries, ready to fire on my mark.....be ready for anything.

<Virgoes to others>: MD Command. Preparing to intercept. (guns aim at Earth) Awaiting input.

<Dermail>:Come and get me ,if you can...!

[MEANWHILE, IN OUTER SPACE]

WHITE FANG REHEARSAL, TAKE 1

<Quinze>: I declare the White Fang ready! Here is your leader, Milliardo Peacecraft!

(Zechs steps onto podium)

<Zechs>: Colonoids! White Fang! Earth is wrong! There is nothing that Earth can give us anymore...the evil in men comes form their being on Earth too long! We will assemble this fleet and strike at their corrupt hearts! The corrupt OZ will succumb to the might of the colonies! We will show them we will not be oppressed!

<Drunks>:You show em, Milliardo *hic*....Char, pas me another gin...(falls over)

<Char>:hehehe...toomuch to dwiank.....(falls over also)

<Quinze>:Marvelous, Milliardo-sama. You will surely make a great impact on the colonists when you show them this new Virgo fleet of yours.....

<Zechs>:I want to teach Earth a lesson......forget about honour....I have Epyon with me now....Earthers will learn that war is futile! I have to teach them a lesson...even if it means spilling more blood!

[APOGEE]

<Nagaki>: All mobile suits launch and spread out. If Scorpio's predictions are correct, Dorothy should have told Dermail about our

"attack vectors".

<Wufei>:It was a good idea, letting them think she escaped. Now we have a back door.(boosts Nataku to the front)

<Trowa>:Thank you, Wufei. I appreciate it. (HeavyArms Kai launches) Quattre may not, though....he genuinely vouched for her...

<Silver>: For a silent boy, you have a sharp mind.....

<Heero>: Target 200 meters ahead...proceeding with mission outline....

(Wing Zero boosts forward at an angle)

(Scorpio mkII looks at Wing Zero)

<Silver>:Very dedicated soldier.....follows orders to the letter...still..I don't want to send him on a suicide mission.He's still a boy, you know....an assassin,but a boy...

<Trowa>:He can handle it. Don't worry.

<Ex-Bunds in recon boost back>: Open skies, Colonel. Some Virgoes are still guarding the area, though. We advise caution.

The plan is to use Wing Zero to distract the ROmefeller forces, who , acting on Dorothy's data, are guarding a set of coordinates. The rest of the force will attack from the blindside, and attempt to disable the fortress. Everyone knows Heero with the ZERO system may just be able to pull it off......

 

(Wing Zero approaches Fortress)

<Dermail>:There he is! All forces! FIRE! FIRE at the Gundam!

(Virgoes and Fortress fire, Wing Zero dodges left and right)

<Heero>:Mission....activating. (Wing Zero transforms and fires)

[IN FORTRESS]

<Dorothy>: Only ONE enemy unit? Something's not right here....

<Comm Dude>: Our sensors detect only one, Miss Catalonia.

<Dorothy>:Something's up....I'm going out there! (runs)

<Comm Dude>:Miss Catalonia! Miss Catalonia!! OOh no....

[OUTSIDE]

<Dermail points Virgoes to Heero>:Come on! Attack! Attack!

(Column of light destroys Virgo formation): Oh no!!

<Pilots>:He's too strong!! Firing missiles!

(multi missiles fire, hit WIng Zero)

<Heero>:Damage....30%.....I still have to accomplish this mission...firing beam Busters.......

<Pilots>:AAAAgh!!!(Incinerated!!)

<Dermail>:Fire more missiles! We'll trap him- (laser fire) What???

(EX-Bunds rush in, led by Wufei)

<Pilots>:We're being blind sided!!

<Dorothy in EWAC Leo>:I knew it! We were tricked!!! Grandfather, watch out! They're coming from behind!!

(Virgoes turn and get shot)

<Dermail>:Dorothy!!!Get back in there!That's an order! Virgoes! Compensate!

(Virgoes shift away from Heero and attack Ex-Bunds)

(Ex-Bunds take out photon guns and fire)

<Dermail>:I'll attack their command ship! (boosts toward Aquarius)

<Dorothy dodges Ex-Bund>: I'm coming, grandpa! Whoops! Not just yet....

<Trowa>:I'll provide cover fire, you three get in close and use your beam sabers! (fires photonic bullets from chainguns)

(Planet Defensors shatter, Wufei and two Ex-Bunds slash open Virgoes)

 

<Wufei>:Lifeless things.....how can they ever expect to have any satisfaction in victory? (naginata crush) Trowa! Eight o clock!

(Trowa swings chaingun, fires)

<Dermail weaves his way through fire>: I'm gonna get you now! All who oppose us die!!

(His two escort Virgoes are shot down):Eh?

(Scorpio mkII's chaingun stops whirring)

<Silver>: You're MINE, Dermail!!!! (boosts at Dermail)

<Dermail>:You are one stubborn man, Silver Scorpion!Be ready to eat THIS! (fires blaster)

(Scorpio mkII dodges): Fight like a man, you coward! Or is that just your style?

<Dermail>:What are you talking about???

<Silver makes fist>:You sicced that young boy in Wing Gundam on my friends at New Edwards! You told your stooge Treize to act as a decoy, didn't you! it was ALL YOU!!! Duke Raphael Dermail, meet your maker!

<Dermail>: Who are you????And why do you know me by first name??

<Silver unmasks>: Because you forgot about ME.

<Dermail steps back>: N-N-Noventa??? But how......????

<Silver>:Roberta would really be dissappointed in you, Raphael...her own brother....head of the very same organization that killed thousands in the name of justice!(Takes out beam sabre)

<Dermail takes out beam sabre>: I'll finish you, "brother in law"!!!

(Silver slashes first): You should have died a long time ago, warmonger!!

(Dermail dodges): HAH! Peace is just a temporary illusion! What you and Ventei were trying to accomplish was useless and futile!

(Silver ducks a punch):Demilitarization and an actual form of reconcilliation with the colonies? You call that futile??!?

 

(Dermail boosts back and fires a missile): Yes, FUTILE! Man was always meant to fight! For the glory of battle! To build great empires!What you were trying to do is end it all!

(Silver is hit by missile but boosts sideways):I am trying to save everyone on Earth from becoming like you! Look what you did to poor Dorothy! You sent her father off to die against my personal guard and blamed it on Septum??

(Dermail slashes and misses):It had to be done! I had to groom an heir to my empire! Why not start with the grass root?

(Silver pulls back): You're freaking mad! Who will you kill next???

(Dermail raises sword):Anyone I damn well please!

[OTHER SIDE]

<Heero>:Mobile Dolls almost destroyed. Switching to plane mode, going to second theatre.

<Ex-Bunds>:They're falling like fleas! These photon guns really work!

<Chang,on comm>:This is Wufei. The people inside have surrendered.

(Nataku aims flamethrower at hands up soldiers)

<Trowa on comm>:THis is Trowa. Fortress artillery eliminated.

(cannon explodes)

<Nagaki>:Where's Silver?

[DUELING POINT]

<Dermail>: So, Noventa.....the Scorpions have taught you how to fight!!

<Silver>: *huff*puff*....no way am I going to lose to you,warmonger!

<Dermail>:You can't win, either!!

(EWAC Leo comes in, guns blazing)

<Dorothy>:Hang on, Granpa!!

<Silver>: Don't interfere! (throws beam saber at EWAC Leo)

(saber jams in Leo's thrusters, Dorothy drifts away)

<Dorothy>:Granpaaaaaa......

<Dermail>:DOROTHY!!

(Scorpio mkII boosts forward and jams chaingun into Dermail's cockpit)

<Dermail>:Oh nooooOO!!

<Silver>:Die, warmonger!!

Silver's rage causes the chaingun to fire again and again, reloading repeatedly.Dermail's dying screams are only matched by Silver's own cries of anger, as the Duke's body is riddled with bullet after bullet. Holes of penetration dot the back of Dermail's mobile suit.The only thing stopping the butchering is Silver Scorpion running out of ammunition.....

<Silver's chaingun stops whirring>:Endgame, brother in law.....

<Dorothy is stunned,cries>:GRANDFATHER!!!!!!!SILVER!!!YOU KILLED HIM!!!!HOW COULD YOU!?!?*sob*GRANDFATHER!!!!

<Silver refixes mask>: Dorothy??That was you in the Leo? Heero...Heero! Can you hear me?

<Heero>:Yes, Mission commander?

<Silver>: Save that Leo from drifting to outer space!!! Hurry! Only you can make it!

(WIng Zero boosts to Dorothy's side): Come on now.Come with me.

<Dorothy>:Oh no.....my grandfather died.....first Daddy...then granpa......*sob*......

<Wing Zero cradles EWAC Leo>: Mission accomplished, Mission commander.

<Silver drops chain gun , it drifts into space>: Don't call me that, boy.....I just made a little girl very sad.....

[LATER]

<Wufei/Trowa/Heero>:We're dropping down to Earth, the Peacemillion is almost complete.

<Silver>:I'm headed with Nagaki to the moon base......I don't want Dorothy to see me.....

<Crimson>:Misery loves company.....

(The two parties split up)

next chapter