CHAPTER 33b- WHAT HAPPENNED ON THE GROUND

*Note -this takes place at the same time as the previous chapter*

As the Aquarius boosts off carrying Silver,Wufei,Trowa,Nagaki and the Ex-Bunds, Phantom Scorpio and the others are forced to watch from Earth, as the Peacemillion is not yet complete. Silver and the others battle Duke Dermail as the guys on the ground tend to their own matters....

(Aquarius launches)

<Phantom,from gallery>: Good luck, guys....I wish I could come along....but I'm needed here.

[PEACEMILLION CONSTRUCTION YARD]

<Howard>: Careful with that beam! Ready.....ready....OK, Quattre! That's great!

(Crane lowers beam girder onto foundation)

<Quattre>:This is one big ship, Mr Howard....

<Howard>:Not big enough.....

<Quattre>:Say, have you seen Dorothy anywhere?

(Howard shakes his head):Isn't she quarantined or something?

<Sally writes on clipboard>: What is this device, Doktor J?

<Doktor J>:It is something Crimson salvaged from Mercurius.....he calls it the Super Shield. I'm not sure what kind of shield it is,though. Crimson left before he could tell me or the others.

<Sally>:Judging by his other inventions, I guess this one is gonna be pretty useful.....what ever it is.

(Super Shield machinery stands there, humming)

<Sally>:Noin, are the holding bays secure?

<Noin gives thumbs up>:Secure!

(Sally tells constructor suit to weld there)

*torch sound*

<Sally>: Someone remind me why we're building this thing?

<Ma>:Well, it all started with the David Tua-Lennox Lewis fight.....

<Noin/Sally>:????

<Ma>: I taped it, but the VCR got all screwed up and I ended up recording some speech by the colonoid politician Victor Quinze.

<Noin>:He's starting rumors around here.....he's preaching colonial nationalism...but he doesn't seem to have strong military backing. So people generally disregard him.

<Ma>:Rumour is.....he HAS backing now....so we're making ourselves ready for anything. Hence the Peacemillion.

(Ma looks up at Peacemillion)

<Noin>:How ironic....we're building a giant warship to avoid war.

[CASTLE GROUNDS]

(Deathschythe Hell steps forward)

<Duo>: This is more like it!

(Jauhara Gundam steps forward,draws scimitar)

<Rose>: Scimitar ON!

(Jauhara and DS charge at each other):Yaaaaaaa!!

[CAMPUS GROUNDS]

<Mafia Monster>: Wow! Look at them go out there in space! (witnesses explosions)Sure wish we were out there....

<Mafia Monster 2>: Hey, they got their job, we got ours. (Lights cigarette)Let'z jus' stick to it.

(Dropship tumbles infront of them)

<Mafia Monsters draw guns>:Who goes there?

<OZ Pilot>:D-d-don't shoot! I surrender,Isurrender!! Don't shoot me...

<Mafia Monster>: Well, just a LITTLE action is OK. Hands up, sucka.

[PEACEMILLION YARD]

<Howard>: Alright, Scorpio. Fill in that circuit with cobalt clips.

<Scorpio>:Cobalt clips? They'll polarize the system, Howard! I suggest using graphite clips. They don't distort a magnetic field too much.

<Howard>:hmm....good idea [How did he learn that?]

<Scorpio inserts pins>: There. Servo-1 operational.(Wipes forehead)

<Howard>: For a terrorist, you sure know your engineering.

<Scorpio>:Thanks, Howard, but Crimson taught me most of this stuff. I was just the commanding brass hat before I learned how to fix stuff.

<Howard>:You never worked at Baikonur, did you?

<Scorpio pauses>: Baikonur......?Um, no...

<Howard>: Ah, those guys were the best in their field. Well, for their side anyway.It's a pity their Mobile Suits were used for conquest....

and a bigger pity that they were killed in the early stages of the coup...

<Scorpio welds a junction>: A pity....a tremendous pity.

<Howard>:Konstantin Mardyev AND Thomas Walker....(hands on hips) They'd be a great help now....

(Scorpio sweatdrops)

[CASTLE GROUNDS]

(Duo and Rose battling it out)

<Duo>:Not bad, for a flower power guy!

<Rose>: "Shinegami" my ass. You slash like a granny.

<DS Hell swings schythe>: Hah!I'll show you who's the granny!

(Jauhara Gundam attacks schythe): You're not so focused, Duo! Someone you're thinking of?

(Duo fires vulcans,Jauhara shields)

<Duo>: This focused enough for you?

<Rose>: Really, man. (Swings downward, DS Hell blocks with scythe)Someone's on your mind. Don't lie to me now. Nobody ever gets away with it.

<Duo>:Nobody, man! (pushes Jauhara off fiercely)

<Allenbi>:Touchy, touchy.....

<George>: Oh no, another "Macho Domon" complex....

<Duo>:This is Death you're talking to! (twirls scythe)

<Rose>:Pschaw! (Throws Nobel Ring, scythe flies away)

<Rose holds scimitar to DS' Hell's neck>: Touche, I believe.

<Duo>: Huh! No way!You think that Xena move can stop me? (charges at Jauhara)

(Jauhara trips him over)

(Rose comes out and drops a pink rose on DeathScythe Hell)

<Rose>: Innocence, love.....it all makes us weak in the knees....and we LOVE it!

(Rose laughs)

<Duo>: I give, I give! The blood and gore I can stand, but not the POETRY!(holds hands to ears mockingly)

<Rose jumps down from Gundam>: Open up,Maxwell! Seems you need to share something. I won fair and square, boy! Come out!

(Deathscythe's cockpit opens)

<Duo>:Ah,well....maybe I'm just tired from all the fighting.

<Rose>:Or tired of fighting?

<Duo closes cockpit>: Maybe. If OZ fall, then the colonies will be safe. Let's hust hope Heero and the others can beat Dermail up there.

<Duo looks up>:Ah, Heero. You can't self destruct now....

<Hilde runs to fallen Deathscythe>:Duo! Are you alright? You're still injured, you know....

<Duo flexes bicep>:I fine, Hildy! (beats chest) *oww*

<Hilde>:Don't hit him so hard, Rose!

<Rose>:Who,MOI???? All I did was throw a rose at him.....besides, he's got girl trouble....(turns round thumb points at Duo)You deal with it. (throws Hilde a red rose)

<Hilde>:Gee, thanks!

<Duo>:Girl...trouble??Hey,hey! hold on a goldarn minute! What girl?

(Rose shrugs, walks to Jahuara)

(Duo scratches his head)

[PEACEMILLION YARD]

(Quattre looks up at the clear blue sky dotted with explosions)

<Instructor L>:Are you alright, Master Quattre? You keep looking up at the sky....

<Quattre>:It's Dorothy....her grandfather is up there, you know.....I was just thinking....

<Instructor L>: That if we killed him, we'd be no better than him?

<Quattre>: Actually, I was thinking about how sad she would be.....I still have my sisters, but the poor thing only has Dermail....

<L>:Don't think about it, my boy. She is one of many. But if you really want to assure her of your motives, maybe you should see her?

<Quattre jumps down from crane>: If you say so. Can you take over?

<Instructor L>: I can't *koff*koff* ...my back...

<Quattre>:His back hurts but he can cough?

[DOROTHY'S ROOM]

(Quattre knocks)

<Quattre>:Dorothy...?Dorothy? Are you there? It's me, Quattre Raberba Winner.....

(Quattre knocks some more, pushes door slightly open)

<Quattre>:Pssst....you asleep, Dorothy?

(Door swings open, nobody is inside)

<Quattre>:She's gone!! (runs to yard)

<Scorpio bumps into Quattre>: Hey,hey,Winner! Easy on the hormones! Where are you off to?

<Quattre>:Dorothy's escaped!

<Scorpio>:Of course she escaped! We let her!

<Quattre>:Why did you do such a thing?

<Scorpio hands up>:Not my idea, it was Trowa's. He wants to convince Dermail that the attack force is coming from one direction, and attack from another.

<Quattre>: Trowa.....? Why....

<Scorpio shrugs>:Maybe he's jealous?:) Who knows... I gotta get back to work...

<Quattre>:Jealous?? Hey, I;m not....

<Scorpio>:Just kidding!!!EH! Some folks just can't take a joke.....

(Scorpio heads off to the hangar)

<Quattre>:Trowa and Dorothy up there...and I'm down here?Musyhkilah,musykilah......(Arabic-Problem,problem)

[MOBILE SUIT REPAIR CENTER]

<Rose>:Wow, you dented Jauhara good.....

<Duo>: My suit's neck is all melted coz you held your sword too close to it!

<Hilde, fixing a loose nut>: ?What's this, Rose?

(Cockpit opens, Hilde gets back)

<Duo>: Hilde! (catches Hilde)

<Rose>: I didn't say open......(Looks at side, George winks)

<Rose looks at Duo,who is blushing>: Um...put her down, Maxwell....

<Duo puts Hilde down>:Oh..oh yeah...*blush*...dammit what's going on here....?

<Hilde>:You're awfully cute when you blush, Duo...

<Duo walks off:Yeah, whatever....

<Hilde>:Something I said....?

<Rose to Jauhara>:Close, please. (Cockpit closes, George disappears)

<Rose>:You three keep it down!! You're suposed to be my Mobile suit, not my little helpers! Scat!

<Jauhara's eyes glow>: Do not follow the boy. Let it take its course.

<Rose>:Hey....who's the King of Hearts here?

[HALLWAY]

<Hilde catches up to Duo>:Duo! What's wrong? You suddenly up and bolted like a snake bit you or something....

<Duo>:I don't want to talk about it.

<Hilde tugs at Duo>: I don't want to hear that! Come on, you can tell me, right?

<Duo>:Hilde.....forget about it. I lost the duel.....I feel like I suddenly lost it...

<Hilde>:Not true! You helped win the Sanq Kingdom battle, didn't you?

<Duo>:Mr.Mardyev's field won it for us....I just cleaned up.......

First Lady Une,the Tragos troops,Crimson,and now Rose....I can't seem to beat anyone!

<Hilde spins Duo around>: You're just worried that you'll lose, just because your opponents outthought you! Don't worry, Duo.....now that you know how they think, you can win for the colonies!

<Duo>:I....I don;t know.

(Hilde slaps Duo)

<Duo rubs cheek>:What was that for?

<Hilde>:Waking you up....before all you care about dies because you couldn't pick your self up. (turns around) I'm headed back to the hangar.

<Duo to himself>: When it's you I care about, girl.....(Hilde walking away further)I really can't win....

(Duo stands there)

(Duo bumps into Scorpio)

<Scorpio>: My my...today is my day for close encounters! Hey, Lil' Death....something the matter?

<Duo>:I dunno....I feel....confused. You got a minute?

<Scorpio>: Sure. Come on, we'll talk about this over some good java.But after I deliver these circuits to Professor S...seems he's making a video game out of all this.

<Duo>: Okay (looks at hangar). See you there, Poppa Death....

<Scorpio eyes Duo>: Man...what's eating him?

<Rain>: I think I can tell you, Scorpio.

(Scorpio turns around)

<Scorpio>:Rain Mikamura? Ah yes, I understand...what happenned with Domon...

(Rain nods and leaves)

next chapter