CHAPTER 35 -IS THIS MY SEX TALK?

 

 

The Scorpions and Gundam team have succesfully waged a war on two fronts. In space, Silver leads a combined Gundam-Ex.Bund force on a sortie against Dermail and the Romefeller Foundation. Silver suceeds in killing Dermail,and Heero rescues the drifting Dorothy.

On Earth, the rest of the Team are working around the clock on the Peacemillion, following rumours of another army forming in the colonies. Duo Maxwell, one of the Earth Team, is hit with an inferiority complex,whose cause is unknown. Rose ascertains that Duo is having a crisis of the heart, but even he can't be sure....

<Scorpio turns on lights>:Make yourself in someone else's home, Duo.

<Duo>:You mean make myself at home...?

<Scorpio shakes head, throws Duo a coke>: No, this isn't your home. Have a cold one on me.

(Duo bursts can open and swigs it)

<Scorpio>:So what was on your mind earlier? You look like hell...

<Duo>:It's kinda hard to explain.....

<Scorpio>:What's not so hard to explain these days? Come on, Duo! (punches shoulder softly)

<Duo>:Well, Pappa Death....I think I'm losing my focus.

<Scorpio>:Focus? I don't get it...what could distract a Gundam pilot from his mission? Looks to me you've been doing a good job so far...

<Duo>: You'll notice that none of us five have girlfriends or anything like that....

<Scorpio>:Well, a soldier's life is a lonely one. If it's of any consolation, none of us have those either....well, Rose won't tell us who he keeps writing those sappy e-mails to....

<Duo>:Yeah,that's the point.....I think...I think I might join him...(looks away, places chin on chair back)

<Scorpio>:......so?

<Duo>:So?? I'm supposed to be fighting,Scorpio! This is war here! I saw Ma's tape, too! If this "White Fang" is really what it's cracked up to be, then I can't think of anything else right now!

<Scorpio>: I don't think so, kid. I think if you leave feelings inside, they'll just pop out at ridiculous moments and embarass you....

<Duo>:Ever happen to you?

<Scorpio shakes head>:I was always the bookworm at your age....looking at robots and stuff. Girls just didn't interest me. Well, maybe the 38D's *hehehehe*

(Scorpio giggles to himself)

<Duo>:That's why Heero's the perfect soldier, I guess....he never has to worry about these things.....

<Scorpio>:Au contraire. If you ask Relena, she knows a lot more about Heero's feelings than anyone. I think he has the hots for her;-)*winks*

<Duo>:That's impossible. Heero would never fall for a chick...not even for a chick like that....he's too cold...

<Scorpio>:Tut tut, Little Death. Come on, have faith in the boy. Doktor J told me all of you really are nice boys somehwere underneath....

<Duo>:How does Rose deal with it?

<Scorpio>: Don't follow his example.....he's a lot older than you. He knows the risks of being in emotional relationships.

(Scorpio downs his Coke)

<Duo>: You're being no help to me, Pappa Death....

<Scorpio>: Little Dea- no, Duo......all I can tell you is to let this out.....before it distracts you from your mission...

<Duo>:I've got a reputation to uphold, man! I'm Shinegami! God of Death! What would the guys think if I suddenly went soft?

(Scorpio laughs)

<Duo>:What's so darned funny?

<Scorpio>: Death, young man, is for people who have nothing to live for.You, are very much alive! I only expect the best from you! Go for it, man!

<Duo>: How so? It takes a lot to live up to those expectations! Hilde's no ordinary girl, you know!

(Duo covers mouth)

<Scorpio sneers>:Hilde,huh? Hilde Schrilbeiker, that beret wearing mechanic of yours? Oooooh, I see......you're afraid she'll be dragged into the battles....

<Duo>:What...did...I..just...say?

<Scorpio whispers to Rain>: Pssst....deja vu? (Rain nods)

<Scorpio>: Hey, don't worry about it. Secret's safe with me, Duo. But Hilde's a nice girl....what do you have to lose?

<Duo>:That's just it. Her. I have her to lose.

<Scorpio>: I understand.....losing someone you love is tragic...especially under these circumstances.....

<Duo>:I have to keep on fighting, Scorpio! I can't let anyone else be dragged into this fight!Especially not civilians like....like...like Hilde...

<Scorpio>: When the dust clears, you had better tell her.....you know, you nmight be able to whack a dozen Leos with one blow, but you're still a hormone driven 16 year old.....follow your emotions. Heero told Trowa that, Trowa told me.

<Duo>:Heero said that?

<Scorpio>:Yup. Ol "Perfect Soldier" Heero Yuy. Who'd thought, huh?

<Duo laughs>:The next thing you know, Quattre'll be asking for girl advice!

*knock*knock*

<Scorpio>: Ent-ah! *ahem*

<Quattre>: Sorry to bother you, Phantom, but I have to talk to you-oh, hello, Duo. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything....

<Duo waves palms>:No,no...you weren't interrupting anything...we were uh...tlaking about stuff...

<Quattre>:Oh, a sex talk. I understand. My sisters gave me those all the time..."Quattre, pick the right girl", "Quattre, stay straight","Quattre, start dressing to kill".......oh, the horror:)

<Duo>:Easy for you to say, Winner.....you're rich and all....

<Quattre>:I may be, but that's no reason to turn my nose up at everyone else....I think people should follow their feelings anyway....

(Quattre places hands on heart)

<Duo>: You think so? How can we fight if we do that, Quattre?

<Wufei enters>:We fight for the ones we care about. That is how we continue.

<Scorpio gets up>:You're back, Chang? That means.....

<Wufei>:Yes, Scorpio. We won. The Romefellers are out of business.Oh, I have to report that Silver Scorpion will be joining Crimson Cancer on the moon. He mumbled something about not wanting Dorothy to see him....

(Quattre runs outside): [Dorothy...are you alright?]

<Duo>:What's gotten into him? (Wufei and Scorpio shrug)

<Wufei>:I'm going to rest for a while,Scorpio.

<Scorpio>:Wufei! Wait! I have a question to ask you.

<Wufei>:Hm?

<Scorpio>:If you had to chose between being in love right now and being in war forever,which would you choose?

<Wufei>: What are you trying to imply?

<Scorpio>: Just answer, Chang...

<Wufei>:I'd be in love now. (Duo falls off chair) Eternal combat is useless. There is no way wars can last forever, anyway. Someone once told me I had a warm heart....I'm still beholden to those words. (smiles) I don't know how that woman did it, but I have to admit, fighting aimlessly is rather well....aimless. I have to go.

(Wufei leaves)

<Scorpio>: See, Duo....no one else seems to be having problems.....

<Duo>:I don't get it.....what am I so afraid of?

<Scorpio>:Rejection? Naaah...I think she likes you too.....I know!

<Duo>:Tell me already!

<Scorpio stands up>: You're not trying to hide your feelings! You just don't know what to say,right?

<Duo>: Do too!

<Scorpio>: A big, macho warrior like you, obsessed with death? I don;t think so, Mister Maxwell!

<Duo>: You wanna piece of me again?

<Scorpio>: Hrm?? You can summon up the guts to fight me, but not to say them three words? Duo, you're a bigger pisshead than I thought.

<Duo>: PISSHEAD?

<Scorpio>:Yeah, pisshead.

(Duo throws a punch, misses)

(Scorpio holds Duo in full nelson)

<Scorpio>: Rose might be able to help you, Duo......he's much more adept at this romantic stuff....*ooof*

<Duo>: Ow! LEggo of me, man! I'm losing my oxygen!

<Scorpio>: You promise not to punch me?

<Duo>:Promise!!Now stop *koff* choking me!

(Scorpio lets go)

<Duo>: Sonofamotherlessgoat.......(staggers out)

<Scorpio,arms akimbo>:Well, THAT took a bit of time, didn't it?

[ROSE's QUARTERS]

<Duo>:Man, this guy is extreme.....(Sees KOH logo on the door)

*knock*knock*

(Hears lovemaking sounds inside)

<Duo>:Maybe this is a bad time.....

(Door opens behind Duo,Rose screams)

<Rose>: SHUT that freakin Enigma record off, Sylvia! I'm trying to get my beauty sleep!

<Sylvia replies>: Aw, up yours, ROse!

<Duo>:Am I missing something here?

(Rose sweatdrops):Uh...hi, Maxwell....

[INSIDE]

<Rose>:Yeah, we switched rooms because this Elvis sofa wouldn't fit in there.....

<Duo>: *phew* Hey, whose sofa is this??

"PROPERTY OF ADIN BARNETT, G-UNIT MO V"

<Duo>:Hmmmmm....

<Rose wraps towel around head>: How can I be of service, Duo?

<Duo>:Phantom sent me to you.

<George whispers to Rose>: Ohhh, I get it. Don't worry, I have a cunning plan....

<Duo>:Scorpio tells me you're the only one in his gang to have ...someone?

<Rose>:Yup. She's my saint,my angel:)My sun and my moon....

<Duo>:You're a Gundam pilot, like me.How do you deal with these things and not let your guard down? I've been on a bit of a losing streak since I met HIlde....it's not her fault....it's mine..

<Rose>*Ahem*. It's not a matter of putting your guard down. It's who you put it down to. I have to tell you, my "saint" isn't exactly to cooperative type either...I've got into a lot of trouble because of her. But somehow I think it's worth it.

<Duo>:Worth it?

<Rose>:In the end....I'm gonna have a party! (jiggies around)

<Duo smiles>:Yeah! A party!!

<Rose>:Oh, and here. (hands Duo foolscap paper and pencil)

<Rose>:Write down everything you feel on this paper and then leave it with this....(hands Duo a white rose)..I gave my saint one....Your black rose I gave you? Throw it away.

<Duo>:I...I don't know, Rose.

<Rose>:Do it in your room, D-UH. And leave it somehwere where she can find it. Oh, and PUH-LEEZE sign the letter....

<Duo grips paper>: I'll give it a shot...[OZ Attack,OZ Attack,OZ Attack....pleeeease attack...]

(Duo exits)

<Sally enters>:Rose,we need some help loading your Gundam....Duo? What was he doing here?

<Rose>: We were.....talking. Gundam pilot to gundam pilot.

<Sally>:Oh, a sex talk.

(Rose nods):With a twist.

[DUO's QUARTERS,LATER]

(Sweatdrop)

<Duo>: Ok, Duo...you can do this. Come on.....

(hands shake)

<HIlde enters>:Duo? Are you in there, Duo?

<Duo hides paper>: Oh,it's you,Hildy......I'm over here.

<Hilde steps into the light>:Um....I want to apologize for earlier...I shouldn't have hit you like that....(looks at Duo's bruise) look at you....your cheek still aches,I'll bet.

<Duo>:Aw,it's nothin', Hildy....I'm used to fighting monster suits and battleships...this is nothin'. It's alright, Hildy...

<Hilde>:I...don't know what came over me....oh Duo, can you forgive me?If I'd hurt you in any way....

<Duo>:Hildy....it's not me that's hurt...it's you...

<Hilde>:Duo?

<Duo>:Oh never mind....(stands up) There's no problem. It's OK, HIldy!...Don't..don't...

(Hilde starts to cry)

<Hilde>:You think...you think I'm holding you down, don't you? I can fight too, Duo.....I guess I'm not as strong as you...not worth being with...(clenches fist)

<Duo>:It's nothing like that....(holds HIlde) come on...if you hadn't rescued me from that base ,I'd be Dead Duo now.

<Hilde>:But you haven't won a duel since! Because I'm always worrying you....I'll go home to the junkyard if that's what you want....

<Duo>:Listen, Hildy. I can't ever tell you how we...how I need you right now....

<Hile>:Duo....

<Duo squeezes Hilde>:There ,there.....let's deal with this together...as a team.

<HIlde>:Just a team, huh?

<Duo>:I dunno, the rest is up to us......now stop crying...and get some sleep...OK?

(Duo wipes away a tear):I don't know what I'd do without you....ever!

<Hilde smiles,and her heart rises>:Duo!....Duo!

(Hilde runs to room giggling)

<Duo>:Wow, those sex talks really work...(considers paper)..but still,I HAVE to write this letter....before Hilde finds out just HOW much a team I want us to be.

[HILDE AND SYLVIA'S ROOM]

<HIlde plops on bed>:Yippee!!Sylvia,I'm on top of the world!

<Sylvia>:He finally crack, huh?

<Hilde>:Well, he never actually said it...but you know guys...they got trouble with these things....Sticks,Stones and Mobile Suits he can handle, sure....

<George/Allenbi/Rain>: But love can never hurt him:)

next chapter