CHAPTER 37- PAIN,REGRET,LOSS, ALL IN A DAY(A FLASHBACK CHAPTER)

Greetings, minna-san. I am Master Lon. Long ago, I fought in what was known as the "Gundam Fight" tournament representing Neo China. My brother from Hong Kong won that tournament, and my son went on to represent us later.I retired to Lon colony to teach others my philosphy of strength. One of my students, known only as O,chose another disciple of his own to pilot a descendant of my Dragon Gundam...Altron Gundam.

Now, new enemies have surfaced and are attacking my people...there are forces outside trying to help, but I must defend my people...

 

<Shenlong glows green>: You! In that black Gundam! Why do you attack innocent people on this colony?

<Zechs>: This colony is but a testament to the WHite Fang's power!

<Quinze>:What he said!

<Lon>:Then I must....fight you! (Shenlong boosts toward Zechs)

<Zechs>: Ugh! This geezer is good....but not good enough!

(Epyon misses Shenlong)

<Lon>:Feel my fury!

(naginata swings at Epyon, cutting off a part of the horns)

<Zechs>:You won't win! I have nuclear weapons pointed at this colony!

<Lon>:What???What kind of dishonour are you trying to earn?

<Zechs laughs>: Honour? You must be very mistaken....this is war..there is no honour in war...

<Quinze>: Atomic Bazooka units, stand ready.

<Bazookas>:Yes, ready...

[SCENE OF HEAVY FIGHTING]

(Scorpio mkII dodges and twirls fire)

<Silver>:Where's the leader??If we cut these dolls off at the source...maybe we can end this!

(Gundam Grip cuts in with naginata)

<Silver>:Adin Barnett??

<Adin>:I got your SOS, Silver Scorpion!

(PX system activates, Grip rushes off to another Virgo)

<Silver fires chaingun>:Silver to Crimson! Can you see the leader?

<Crimson>:We've got more pressing concerns! Look at the line of white suits over there! (points to Bazookas)

<Silver>: They're going to nuke the place!

[AQUARIUS]

<Wufei>:Faster, Nagaki! Faster!

<Nagaki>:This is as fast as she can go, Wufei! Sit down!

<Wufei>:You're just a coward, like Bund!

<Nagaki punches Wufei>: Don't mention Bund to me! He's a coward, like you!

<Trowa separates the two>:This is not the time to bicker! Wufei, what's gotten into you?

<Wufei>:My...home...is..under attack!

<Nagaki punches Wufei again>: We're NOTHING like Bund! You better watch your mouth, Lon Chao! (I will not translate that) Before I kill you myself!

(Ex-BUnds restrain their leader)

<Trowa>:Easy now, Wufei...leave it to them.

[LON]

<Zechs>: This glow around him....it's the same one Scorpio had at Mogadishu...!What could it be?

(Shelnong fires flamethrower, Zechs dodges)

<Zechs>:Damn! He could defeat me yet! Atomic bazooka units! Prepare to fire!

(Gigantics aim bazookas)

<Crimson, boosting in>:No! I won't let this happen again!!

(Cancer II transforms and Fire Balls rip through 3 out of 5 Bazooka units)

<Zechs slams fist>:NO! Virgos, destroy the colony!

<Crimson>:Are all the colonoid shuttles docked, Purus?

<Puru 2>: Not all, Crimson....some were shot down...it's horrible out there....

(Pisces firing all guns, Chaos battlefield as Virgoes battle Scorpions, another shuttle goes down)

(Crimson shoots fourth Bazooka unit and rips the bazooka off the one he's holding)

<Lon>:He's running...for some reason....I must go with the shuttles!

(Green glow comets toward battle field)

<Quinze>: All Virgoes! Converge on that red unit over there!

(Virgoes not in combatr disengage and go for Cancer II)

(Cancer II's finger grips Bazooka trigger, aims at Virgo cluster)

<Crimson>:Nuclear weapons...ruined my life......must I use them again? I can't possibly use the balls to defeat them all....and the DX cannon is dry....even this bomb isn't enough...but I have to!

(shuttles behind Crimson boost as hard as they can)

<Crimson>: no....No......(finger trembles)

<Lon>:What is he waiting for....?

[FLASHBACK TIME!]

Russia, AC 192

<Mardyev>: Come one now, children! You all have to go to school!

<Katya >: So we can be as smart as you, Papa!

<Elena>:Bye, dad!

(Bus goes off to school)

<Mrs Mardyev>: Do you think they still should be going to school? The Kremlin is still trying to resist joining the Alliance...rumours say that they''re even thinking of invasion....

<Mardyev>:Come on now, Valentina......nothing can't be resolved through diplomacy...I'm sure Field Marshall Daniels will want to score points before his upcoming election against the more peace-oriented Noventa. Don't worry...

<Mrs Mardyev>: I can't help but worry, Kostya....our President is even talking about the "final solution" to maintain independence....

<Mardyev>:Like in China? I don't think the Iron fist is the way to live...you worry too much....

(Mardyev kisses his wife's forehead)

[AIRPORT]

<Mardyev>:I'm all set for my trip to Luxembourg to meet some top brass.

<Mrs Mardyev gives Mardyev a flower>: Here, this will remind you of us....

<Mardyev>:Thank you, Valentina....I will always keep it...

(PLane lifts off, Mardyev waves)

[KREMLIN]

<President>:You're freaking crazy! We are the Russian Republic! We don't belong to any Alliance!

<Daniels>: Oh, but you have to join now...before Noventa becomes field Marshall.....who knows what he'll do!

<President>:I do not listen to your idle threats!! Noventa is one of our countrymen! He knows the value of peace!

<Daniels>:And I know the value of those nukes you have stashed under this complex....(twirls cigar)...If you don't join us, we'll just steal them from you!

<President>:Get out! Get out, limpitnous swine!

(Guards close in on Daniels, but he backs off and walks out)

<Daniels turns around>:You've been warned, my friend. The next time I visit, I won't be so friendly! (Throws cigar into bin,bn catches fire)

<President turns to aides>:You know, more and more people are joining the Alliance...

<Aide>:We can't do that! China hasn't joined, neither will we!

<President>: King Leopold?

<Leopold>:We of the Sanq Kingdom advocate only total pacifism. We will stand by your independence stance. We do not wish for any conflict to erupt....

<President>:Spaceeba, comrade Leopold....Right now, the Sanq Kingdom is one of the few allies Mother Russia has....I do not trust that dictator Bund and his people....

<Aide>:We have to move those nukes then, sir. There's nothing else Daniels wants...

<President>:Move 45 strategic warheads? Where? The Earth Sphere Alliance is probing our every move!

<Aide>:With those Mobile suits of theirs, they have an advantage....

<President>:King Leopold, thank you for coming....but you must return.

<Leopold>:Yes, it's my daughter Relena's birthday. But I wish you could have come with me.

<President>:I have my nation to protect...Das Vadaniya, comrade!

[MARDYEV HOUSE]

<Katya>:It's really boring without Papa around....(twirls straw)

<Elena>: Da, school drags on....

<Mrs M>:Doesn't that remind you two of something?

<Girls>:Oh, alright....(turns off TV) we're going off to bed now....

[OUTSKIRTS OF MOSCOW]

<Daniels, in Commander Leo>:We'll show that fathead we mean business! Leos, ready formation!

(Leos form up)

<Leo>:Heheh...they won't know what hit them!

(Alarms sound as Leos drop in attacking)

(Civilians flee)

<Mrs M>: Katya! Elena! Wake up!

<Girls>:What's going on, Mama!?

<Mrs M>: Just run! Oh, Kostya, where are you now....

[LUXEMBOURG]

<Howard>:So, this is the genius they've all been talking about?

<Mardyev>: I am just a humble inventor.....it is always been my dream to meet you, Mister Howard....and you five...the best in the field of robotics....J,O,H,S,L...I am standing in the company of gods...

<Treize>:Let's not get carried away, now.....they're all scientists, like you. I'm sure you have lots in common.

<Dekim Barton>:They all work for me, Treize! Keep your hands off my scientists!

<Mardyev to Treize>:He is not hitting on all cylinders...

<Treize>:Yes, would you rather work for someone...more elegant?

[MOSCOW IN FLAMES]

<President>: Damn! He attacked so soon! Is Leopold safe?

<Aide>:Yes sir! His shuttle has cleared the conflict zone!

<President>:At least someone can tell people of our story....

<Noventa on comm to Daniels>:Jack! You moron! What are you doing??

<Daniels>:What you should have done, you pacifist coward! Invade Russia!

<Noventa>:@#%@#R@%!!!! Troops! Get me a shuttle to Russia, NOW!

Daniels is using the President's refusal to join as an excuse to attack Moscow, the heart of Russia. With his superior Leo firepower, he easily defeats the Red guards, as well as the October Guard. His target is the nuclear cache under the Kremlin, which he intends to use for his own purposes.

<Daniels breaks through window>: Give it up, Mr President!! We have you beat!

<President runs to bunker>:No, you haven't!

(Raysin-Zorenski (RAZOR) turrets pop out, destroy two Leos)

<Daniels exits Leo and runs for the basement>:Damn you! I'll kill you myself!

(RAZORS are destroyed by support fire)

<Aide>:All is lost! Aaah!! (destroyed)

(Explosions rock bunker, President is thrown forward)

<President>:Damn! I can't...feel my legs...

<Daniels walks towards President>: Well, well...the independent man....how does it feel now, mr PRESIDENT!

(Kicks President)

<Daniels>:I declare this state under the occupation of the UESA!

<President pulls out switch>: Nev.....NEVER...neve...never!

*COUNTDOWN TO IGNITION,WARHEADS ARMED. DETONATION IN T-MINUS 35 SECONDS* ALL PERSONNEL EVACUATE

<Daniels>:Oh no! I have to....

*T-MINUS TWENTY*

<Mrs M>: Hurry, children! Run!

<Girls scream and run>: I want Papa.....

<Noventa>:Move it! now!

<Pilot>:Moscow in sight!

*T-MINUS TEN SECONDS*

(Leos fly out)

<Mrs M>: What's going on? The Leos are running from the Kremlin....

(Girls huddle under their mother)

<Katya>:I'm scared....

<Mrs M>: Hush, Katarina......what would your father think......

<Elena>:Maybe we won? Or they gave up...?

*NINE*

<Noventa>:Daniels! Anyone! Dammit Ventei, is anyone answering??

<Ventei>: No! I'll keep on trying from here...

*EIGHT*

<Mrs M>: BOhze moi....it's the final solution...

(Bunker seals)

<Daniels>:Noooo!!!!

<President, dying>: heheheh....you will...never...take....Russia.....

<Daniels>: Anyone, get me out of here! now! Hello? Damn thing!

(throws comset to the wall)

<Daniels >: This is all your fault, you patriotic fool!

(Shoots president)

*FIVE....FOUR.....THREE....*

<MRS M, crying>: Kostya...I love you....the children love you.....

*TWO...ONE....DETONATE-

The Kremlin arsenal erupts, triggering a chain reaction which results in a giant maelstrom of pink-white radiation, a dense cloud which rises and engulfs the entire city. Noventa's plane is blown away, but manages to stabilze. All of Moscow is flattenned, leaving behind rubble and submerged bodies underneath. An eeire silence covers the city....

[LUXEMBOURG]

<Treize>: I have an offer for you, Konstantin Mardyev. I need people like you to design ....Mobile Suits....Lieutenant Walker here will assist you.

<Walker shakes hands>: Good too meet ya, RUskie.

<Treize spots a group of people watching TV>:What are they so intrested in?

This is Yo Momma news reporting, from Kiev!!! A massive nuclear explosion has been detected, with its epicenter beleived to be at the very heart of Moscow! Reports are hard to come by, but scuttlebutt suggests that an Alliance force was responsible for the blast!

<Mardyev drops glass>:............

[A WEEK LATER]

<Mardyev searching through wreckage desperately>: Katyaaaa! Valentina!!!! Elena?? Anyone!!

<Radiation suit dudes>: We found something....check this out!

Mardyev spots it. he recognizes it as his wedding ring. All that is left of his family is a pile of huddled bones....

<Mardyev>: No!.....Why must people fight with such mentality!?! I guess peace never counts.....we lost because we didn't have any Mobile Suits...just devestating nukes.....

(Mardyev cries, Radiation dudes comfort him)

[ANOTHER WEEK LATER]

<Mardyev with a cold look in his eyes>:Treize Kushrenada. I have accepted your offer to work with the Specials. This world is indeed in need of liberation..what happenned in Russia...can never happen again....

<Treize>:Yes...welcome aboard, Mardyev.

(Mardyev salutes)

[FLASH FORWARD TO THE SAME FACE]

<Mardyev>: In the name of peace....it will not happen again!!

(Primes up Atomic Bazooka, fires)

(Nuclear missile goes to center of Virgo Cluster and detonates....destroying them)

<Epyon is hurled by the blast>: Damn!!! I'll be back, Crimson Cancer!!!

(Virgoes retreat or get shot down)

<Silver>:Well done, Kostya!! Kostya....? Are you there?? Answer me!

Cancer II floats in mid space, amidst all the chaos of a White Fang retreat. Crimson Cancer just sprawls inside, not wanting to communicate. His private war is over for now. He has lost. He has used the weapon he sworre never to witness again. True, the Virgoes were lifeless dolls, but simply seeing a nuclear blast again....it is too much for him.

<Crimson weeps>: I failed you....Valentina.....I'm sorry....I failed all of Russia....

<Silver boosts next to Cancer II>: It's over, Kostya! We've won! Thanks to you, the Virgoes are retreating! Kostya, talk to me!

<Crimson to himself>:Thanks to me, the war has become a massacare......

(Aquarius arrives)

<Scorpio>:We saw the blast!! Is everyone OK???

<Wufei>:Master Lon! I'm glad you're alright!

<Crimson still weeps>:How can I be trusted with weaponry like this again...?I've been driven to insanity by weapons....BY ALL THIS!!!

(DX cannon hits colony, colony explodes)

<Wufei>:What----CRIMSON!

<Lon>:Forget it, son...it was going to be destroyed anyway.....one way or another, conflict would have killed us all...

<Wufei>:Where will our people live?

<Scorpio>:Well....they can live with us.....

<Crimson>:.....can I live with myself?

next chapter