CHAPTER 38- FRICTION

 

Crimson Cancer has gone through his worst nightmare all over again. Faced with using an Atomic bazooka to destroy a cluster of about 100 Virgoes or letting them destroy Lon colony shuttles, Crimson is forced to relive the nuclear horror that destroyed his life and country. He almost lets it overwhelm him, but he fires the atomic missile at the last moment. While the Virgoes are destroyed,Crimson cannot move. Angry at himself, he uses his DX beam cannons to destroy the empty colony, much to the chagrin of Wufei. While Phantom and the others run off to chase Zechs and the White Fang, Cancer II simply stays still....

<Wufei>:I DEMAND to know! Why did you destroy my colony?!?!

<Crimson, closed eyes>:......

<Wufei>:Damn you! I don't care if it was empty! It was my home!!

(softly):It was Mei Lian's home......

<Crimson nods>:It WAS your home.

<Wufei>: Wait,you....you bastard!!!

(Wufei tries to run, but is held by Nagaki and Duo)

<Duo>:Cut it out, man! Your master is right! Zechs would have destroyed it anyway!In fact, if it wasn't for Crimson, the Lon wouldn't even be alive!

<Nagaki>:Listen to the old man, damnit!

<Wufei struggles>:No!!I demand justice!! I want justicee!!!

<Crimson>:Let the boy come out in his Mobile suit. I'm ready.

(Cancer II disengages its weapons,holds arms out)

<Crimson>:Finish me, boy. I beg you.(takes off mask)

<Wufei>:You're the guy I met in China....the one who spat in my face....

<Crimson>:Yes. I was he. Please, take your Altron and eliminate me. What I lived for is now not possible. War will only continue as long as I exist.

(Cancer II waves come on to Aquarius)

<Wufei>: As you wish.

<Quattre>:Look at him.....he looks the same way I did after I saw Father killed......

(Crimson looks shaken, a far cry from his aloof look)

<Trowa>:I looked like that after Catherine hit me.....

(Trowa remembers Catherine punching him)

<Nagaki>:That's not Crimson Cancer.......it's Konstantin Mardyev......the man behind the mask.

<Duo>:He's only human, like us...

<Wufei clenches fists>:Damnit!! Why can't I just go out there and kill him.....?It was the same with Treize.....I just cannot be strong enough to win!

<Crimson>:At least you never broke promises. I just broke the one promise I ever made to myself.

(Bridge crew look at each other)

<Nagaki>:You know, Mardyev, we all swore oaths....now we're all out here....maybe the Ex-Bunds and I should join you out there? But we can't. Because we still have a couple of past vendettas to settle. Like it or not, we are going to finish this conflict. Are you with us? The Peacemillion is coming soon....if you want to join us, please link up with them.

<Duo>:We have to chase Zechs, Mr Mardyev....just be careful, alright??

<Hilde>:You know him?

<Duo>:A long, long time ago.....

<Nagaki>:We're locked on to the trail of the Pisces. Barnett, Phantom,Rose,Heero and Silver are in pursuit. Kostya....(salutes)

(Bridge crew salute)

<Crimson shakes his head>:No...no...no...

<Nagaki smiles>:Oh, yes.

(Bridge crew makes middle finger, Crimson replies)

<Nagaki>:Put your mask on. We're off! Gundam pilots, board your mobile suits. We're going to need your help here....We have to transport the Lon coloniods to our moon base first.

<Wufei>:I'm...coming along,Master Lon...you look exhausted.

<Lon coughs>:You should have seen your great grandfater, Tohou Fuhai...now HE was great.....I'm just old, I guess...but do not worry about me. Stay with O on the Peacemillion....leave our people to me...

(Wufei looks one last time at Crimson)

<Lon>:He's been through a lot.....leave him alone,my boy...

<Wufei>:Hou , sheinfu. (Yes, master) We will meet again, Red Scorpion....

[DEEPSPACE]

(Epyon meets up with Virgo fleet)

<Zechs>:Quinze, we have to reorganize and attack the Space Fortress Barge while we still have working Virgoes!

<Quinze>:If only we knew where the Scorpions were coming from....

<Zechs>:Yes, they are very stealthy indeed. Very worthy opponents. Status on L5 assault group?

<Quinze>:Not good....80% were destroyed by that maniac Crimson Cancer....he actually used the nuke against them...

<Zechs>:We'll go all out now....the barge is not an easy target. And the Gundams may be nearby....(Heero!)

<Zechs makes fist>:Head....for...Space Fortress Barge!

(Another large portion of the 800 or so Virgo mkIIs follow Zechs)

[NEARBY SPACE]

<Adin>:We REALLY have to talk about that sofa....

(Gundam Grip zooms on PX power)

<Scorpio>: I don't have it, alright? Ask Rose...he's on the P-Melon...

<Adin>:P-wha?

(Phantom Scorpio boosts ahead):Space Scorpions, find anything??

(Toruses shake heads)

<Millie>:They must have moved!

<Heero>:Look at this. (punches up schematics)

<Scorpio>:Is that...Jenna Jameson??

<Heero opens another file,blushes>: As I was saying, Zechs has gone to attack another target in the immediate vicinity. Mission is to stop him.

<Scorpio>: Space Scorpions, board Pisces for resupply. Where might he be headed, Heero?

<Heero>: Triangulation of signals....indicates he is headed to Space Fortress Barge.

<Scorpio>:Barge?Does he want to die...??

<Puru 2>: He's not alone....picking up EMS emissions by the ton...

<Heero>:The dolls....

(Wing Zero transforms and boosts towards Barge, Adin and Scorpio follow)

[PEACEMILLION]

<Quattre, Trowa,Duo float in>: Wow, nice ship....

<Noin>:Gundam pilots, we've picked up signals from Space Fortess barge. They're under attack by Mobile Dolls.

<Duo punches palm>:Zechs! It's Zechs! That bastard! We have to get there now!

<Noin>:.......(gives Duo a stern look)

<Duo>:Aiyee.....I had to say that in front of his girlfriend....(slaps head)

<Quattre>:Let's go, already!

(Peacemillion engines fire forward)

<Howard>:Oh dear, Zechs....what have you done now...?

[BARGE BATTLE]

<Adin>:I'll deal with the interceptors! You deal with (cuts Virgo with naginata)..you deal with Epyon!

<Heero>:Mission...accepted.

<Scorpio>: Just fine with me! But the OZ guns are also firing on us!

Space Scorpions! Transform your Toruses to MA mode!

(Toruses transform)

(Wing Zero fires on Epyon):ZECHS!

<Zechs>:Heero.....(laughs)

<Heero>:What's so funny....

<Zechs>:The last time we met, a big battle stopped us. Now there is another big battle. I cannot duel with you now, pilot!

(Wing Zero fires, but Zechs smacks gun away with heat rod)

<Zechs>:Tut,tut. The same mistake.

<Scorpio>:Space Fortress Barge! Abandon ship! Repeat! Abandon ship! (God Gundam arm blocks shot) These Virgoes are too strong for you!

<Fat Captain>:No way!

<Scorpio slams two Virgoes together>:Listen to me, dammit! Gundam Epyon is out there!! You'll be killed!

(Captain looks at Zechs and Heero fighting)

<Captain>:I don't care! We'll annhiliate all of you with our cannon! The Barge cannon! And our Torus MDs will kill you all! You may have eliminated Dermail, but OZ still stands tall! We'll show you, you colonial terrorists!!

(Peacemillion arrives)

<Scorpio>:The cavalry is here!! (uses a Virgo as a shield)

(Gundams fly out with Ex-Bunds)

<Adin>:Who the hell are these guys??

<Scorpio>:The five wise men...I mean wise guys I told you about! They're the ones OZ wanted, not you or your brother!

<Adin>:So Farkill thought I was one of them?

<Scorpio>:No DuH....(Grabs planet defensor and uses it to bounce shots)

<Silver >: Don't hit the blue Toruses! They're friendlies! I mean, the black....aw hell,if it shoots at you, shoot back!! (fires chaingun)

[DUEL ZONE]

<Zechs>:Heero! I did not come here to fight you!! (boosts behind Wing Zero)

<Heero>:He's headed for the barge!!!

(Wing Zero tries to follow)

<Zechs>:Man has made a mockery of space....this is one of its monuments!!!

(Epyon takes out beam saber, begins to cut through Barge)

<Heero grabs Zechs>: Stop this insanity!!Before more innocents get killed!

<Zechs throws WIng Zero off>:I don't need lectures about MORALITY! THis is my form of justice!!! Yaaaa!!!!!

(Epyon cuts down further and further)

<Quattre>:Oh no!! Epyon has ruptured Barge's entire hull!!!The place'll....

(Barge Explodes!)

<Heero>:Damn!! (Slices Virgo) Too many Dolls to fight....I can't catch him!!

<Adin>:Epyon's getting away!!

<Trowa laying down fire>: He's out of my range....

<Silver shields, fires back at Virgoes>: We're pinned down here!

<Zechs>: Barge is destroyed!! This is a victory for the White Fang!

<Quinze follows>:Yes! (pumps fist) a victory for us!

(Barge continues to blow up)

<Scorpio>:Zechs...I thought you were a man of honour......guess even you can sell out!!

(Phantom Scorpio boosts forward with full thrust)

<Scorpio>:If Heero doesn't finish you off, old friend...I will!!!

(PS swats Virgoes away)

<Zechs>:Something pursuing us,at high speed!! Only three units can match that speed! Tallgeese, Wing Zero, and....

<Scorpio>:Phantom Scorpio!!! Until recently, Earth's biggest- (kicks Epyon from behind)- JERK!

<Zechs spins around>:Damn you....you dare attack me like a coward!!

<Scorpio>:Who's the coward, Milliardo Peacecraft?

<Zechs>:Call me what you want! It won't change the result!! (flings heat rod at PS)

(PS counters with manriki gusari, tangling both up)

<Scorpio>:Come here!!!(pulls Zechs closer and punches Epyon's face)

<Zechs kicks PS's chest>: Glad for the invite!!!

<Scorpio>:aaaaaaaaa! That was a bad move,bad move!

<Epyon takes out beam saber>:Come on, then, Scorpio!! Let's finish this!(raises beam saber to stab)

<Scorpio blocks stab by kicking Epyon's cockpit>:Yes, lets! With you DEAD!

(PS boosts upward, Epyon follows)

<Zechs>:You realy think I can be beaten?

<Scorpio>:From past experience, yes! (PS hammer blows Epyon, damaging its thrusters)

<Zechs>:Well then, you're stronger that that, i hope!!!

(beam saber stabs PS's knee)

(PS hits Eypon with other knee, Epyon staggers back)

<Scorpio takes out beam saber>:Damn! That shot damaged my thrusters....!

<Zechs>:Now- eh? What's this? An energy build up INSIDE his Mobile suit? Impossible!!

Because of the God Gundam arm, Phantom Scorpio has also inherited the characteristics of the original God Gundam. A yellow glow envelops the Mobile Suit, until even its pilot is glowing yellow. Scorpio opens his eyes to see that they are glowing yellow, and all his power meters are bursting to record it all.

<Zechs>:What....????

 

(PS bursts with energy)

<Scorpio>:Now...how does it feel to face a stronger enemy for a change??

<Zechs>:I'm not afraid of anyone! I'll show you that myself! (tries a heat rod swipe)

(PS simply lets the rod go around its arm and melts the rod)

<Scorpio>:The best you can do, Peacecraft? My turn!!

(PS boosts forward, unleashing a barrage of kicks and punches)

<Scorpio>:TOriyaaaaaaa!!!!!

(Epyon is battered, but Zechs refuses to give up)

<Zechs>:I am the Lightning Count! I can't lose like this!!! (Boosts up) even with the ZERO system.....!?!?!?

(PS gets behind Epyon in an instant)

<Scorpio>:This'll teach you, Zechs! (kicks Eypon's lower abdomen)

<Zechs gets a nosebleed>:Where is all this ungodly power coming from? Virgoes! Quinze! Help me out, guys!!

<Scorpio>:Time to go for the finger!!!

BAAAAKURETSU!!! GODDO....FINGER!!!!!!

(Epyon ducks first Finger, shakes PS off on the second)

<Scorpio>: Come on, Zechs!!Give up!! (Punches Epyon yet again)

(Scorpio does a roundhouse kick, Epyon lands in the arms of Virgoes,who boost away)

<Zechs>:When we next meet, Phantom Scorpio!!!

(Scorpio tries to give chase, but is blocked by Virgo fireline)

<Scorpio>:Curse you, Zechs Marquize!!Curse you and your bloody family!I swear,next time!!!!! ONn the blood of your father!!!

[BARGE,STILL FIGHTING]

<Duo>: This is great! We're winning!

<Noin>:Zechs....he's gone off again...

<Ex-Bund>:Its...Merucirus and Vayate! Dolled up, too!

<Duo>:I know those moves....!!!!!

(DeeathScythe Hell is pushed by blue Torus)

<Duo>:Thanks, fella!

<Hilde lifts up visor>:"Fella", I 'm not!

<Duo>: You...get back in the Peacemillion! You could get hurt!!

<Hilde>:I can say the same for you!! Watch out!!

(Her Torus blocks Mercurius' blasts and is badly damaged)

(Hilde is KO'ed)

<Duo>:Hildy!!! You....you idiot!!

(DH boosts forward)

<Duo>: You may have Heero and Trowa's data....but you're still dolls TO ME!!!!!!

(Merc/Vayate are cut open by DH )

<Duo>:Get me a medic, now!!! I dont care from what side!!

<Sally>:Don't panic, Duo! We'll get you one as soon as we can!! (P-Melon shakes) We're kinda busy now!

(DH scoops up Blue Torus):Don't worry, Hildy....I'll get you back!!!

<Trowa pauses firing for a moment>:Well, Quattre....look at that...the God of Death becoming Angel of Life for a while..

<Quattre>: We are truly complex creatures....

next chapter