CHAPTER 45- FINALLY,THE END *PHEW*

 

Ladies and gentlemen, the final battle is finally drawing to a close. The battle between Treize's forces,Scorpions,Gundams and White Fang is raging on,but Silver Scorpion (with the aid of Quattre) has succesfully stopped the mobile Dolls at its source-Dorothy. Dorothy is given a huge shock by Silver, who reveals his identity to her,much to her surprise. Zechs is still dueling with Heero,though, and as Epyon and Wing Zero clash, Zechs tries something really stupid....launches Libra toward Earth!

 

[OUTER SPACE]

<Otto>:Dammit! We're too far away!!!

(Jauhara and Wing Gundam are too far away to get to Libra)

<Crimson>:The DX cannon can't hit that far away!!And the Balls are preoccupied....

<Quattre gets up>: Oh no!!What can we do now??

<Nagaki>:Damn it all! Too many suits in the way!! None of the ships can get through!!

<Howard>:If the Libra hits, the damage will be only a few hundred kilometers,but the dust kicked up will engulf the Earth....

<Sally>:There's still hope-the Gundams are out there!

<Scorpio calls up>:Not just the Gundams!!

(Golden PS streaks toward the Libra)

<Doktor J>:Libra is supposed to split in four...but why isn't it?

<Master O>:Zechs must have sealed it tight...

<Lady Une>:All forces in the area! Stop that space station!!!

<Leos>:We can't!!! It's too far away,and we got trouble right here!

<Wufei spots a Buster rifle>:That's Heero's!

(Nataku boosts,grabs rifle and goes towards Libra)

<Duo>:Let's go! The Scorpions can hold em off!

<Millie>:You heard him! Cover them!

(TorusScorpions fire photon cannons)

(Gundams streak towards Libra)

<Otto>:This doesn't look good!!(slashes Virgo) And I'm stuck here!!

[INSIDE LIBRA]

<Zechs>: There are conditions for the creation of complete peace.... First, the elimination of all weapons.... The next... to take from people the desire to fight!

<Zechs>; The Libra will be dropped, that is the only path left towards peace.

<Heero>: The people who have lost the earth will hate you... the colonists will be dependant on you! As long as you live, the same mistakes will just be repeated!



<Noin>: Zechs is planning on dying here.... He's not seeking a heroic end.... It's because he intends to take up all the sins of humanity and purge them..... Heero should know this.... he should....

(Libra's engines fire and it begins it's drop towards the earth)

[PEACEMILLION]

(Jauhara and Wing Gundam have docked)

<Une>: (raising a silencing hand) Welcome... Queen.

Soldiers: (whispering) Queen Relena.... (ad lib)

<Relena>: Please.... Don't call me that.


<Duo>: I'm leaving it up to you... I'm taking on the guys out here.

G: Hey, don't make too much of a ruckus... It'll just cause us problems.

<Duo>: Tell that to the enemy.... the enemy...

(Deathscythe turns and goes to fight the Virgos, While back on P-melon - Une holds out a gun)

<Une>: As you can see, I'm merely a shadow of my true self. Please... feel free to take your revenge for your father....

(Relena walks to her and pushes Une's hand down)

<Relena>: Let's end this... the revenge and the fighting....

<Une>: Yes.... (looks at Otto,who looks away but puts his hand on her shoulder)

<Otto>:That's the first step..it always is...forgiveness....

<Howard>: Now.... back to the problem of the Libra and Peacemillion.

OZ1: In the hopes of confining the damage, an evacuation advisory's been issued at the impact point.

<Howard>: Evacuation advisory? Don't be an idiot! The damage cause by those two isn't limited to the surface!

<OZie>:Huh?

(Howard punches up some numbers)

<Howard>:The Libra is big enough to cause an endless Nuclear winter! It HAS to burn up in the atmosphere!

<Une>:Not many units are in the vicinity...what do we do?

<George DeSande appears>:We do nothing,Lady Rose.We must let it end.I have every faith in those still left out there.

<une>:Who the heck are you...?

<George>:Farewell,mon ami.Otto,eet was magnifique....

(George disappears)

<Relena>:Lady Une...what are you looking at?

<Une snaps out>:Uh,nothing...I think.....Patch me through to Noin,please...

<Sally>:Noin?

<Otto>:I know what she has in mind....

<Noin>: (on monitor saluting) It's been a while, Captain...

<Une>:> Do you have Heero and Zech's battle on your monitor?

<Noin>: Yes.

<Une>: Route that transmission to us.

<Noin>: I'm no longer a member of OZ. I can't be ordered.

<Une>: It's not an order... this is a request.... From someone who also desires peace.

<Noin>: .... Rodger.

(Images are routed to Peacemillion)

<Relena>: Heero.....

<Une>: Transmit this to the entire Earth sphere.

OZ2: Yes...

Shot of a colony and those inside the colony.

Citizen1: What's that? (ad lib)

Citizen1: Gundams are fighting each other!

Citizen2: Isn't the war over?!

<Une>: (voice over) This battle holds no meaning to those on the colonies and the earth. But this is a battle that must be fought. Because this is a battle by both to protect the colonies.

<Une>: (voice over) After Colony 195.... the curtain attempts to close on the history of wars.... But these two must fight or the peace will not come. Can you feel it... The sorrow of this fight? Can you see it.... the peace that lies beyond this?

<Otto>: War makes us all believe we fight for the right cause.....and that our lives will finally have meaning....but do we really have to fight to find meaning? Humanity's greatest strength is not our fighting abilities....it is our hearts!! Only when we can change for the better,we can make peace! The strongest of us is the ones who want to live on in peace,not the ones who wait for the next war to live through!

<Silver patches in>: It's sad...we all have to fight not to fight....there is no reason in fighting each other! Our greed brought us this far...where is our compassion??All this...could have been avoided with some truth...let's face it...we have all been kidding ourselves...you don't fight for peace! You make it!With your own hearts!!

<Nagaki patches in>:Despite all the betrayals,all the lies.....we cannot let our will to live die !! This battle shows us just how foolish humanity has been!! We've lived our lives thinking that we can prove ourselves worthy...worthy of what? Worthy of people's fear? or their admiration? What we really should have strived for is people's cooperation....their acceptance!Not fighting for it,but earning it!

<Crimson>:Those of us who think they are defending themselves from others....are actually cutting into our own souls.....all this hatred and mistrust between people..it has to end!

(Peacemillion crew stands still)

<Sally>:What they must have gone through......to hate war that much.....

<Howard>:Where's Phantom Scorpio???

[NEAR ATMOSPHERE]

<Scorpio>:Beautiful words,my friends....but if this Libra hits ....I'm afraid they'll be just words....

<Otto slams screen>:Dammit,Scorpio!Get out of there before you get killed!!!

(PS boosts past Libra,Altron is seen entering)

<Scorpio>: Before all of Earth dies....farewell, Otto...I hope you and Une find happiness....

(Comm is cut off)

<Otto>:Scorpio!!!Scorpio!!!DAMN YOU!!

(Otto slams headphones)

Inside, Heero realizes that the Libra is moving,but Zechs is keeping him busy...As Epyon continues to harass Wing Zero, Altron tries to find its way in...

<Wufei>:All those fools don't realize that all of us were used as warriors!!We can only find true meaning (sllices wall open) in battle!!

(Altron is carrying the Twin Busters)

<Heero>: It's over Zechs.

<Zechs>; No, not yet.

Using the heat whip to cut a hole into the Libra and disappears within.

<Zechs>; I don't accept that I'm the underdog!

[ON PEACEMILLION]

Howard: This is not good....

Sally: The propulsion system?

Howard: Naturally, it's still attached. Even with just that block, the world will descend into an endless winter!

OZ1: Gundams 02... 03... 04... 05... have entered Libra's A block.

<Relena>: Isn't that where Heero and my brother are?

<Une>: Do those two plan to hold their cards until the very end?

<Relena>: No! Both of you! Don't!

(Zechs and Heero fighting within the Libra)

<Heero>: The colonies have of their own free will opened the path towards peace.... Your actions have no more meaning!

<Zechs>; I was destined to live a life stained with blood. It's too late to escape from those sins.

<Zechs>; We finish this now! Heero!

<Heero>: You should be seeing your future!

(Wing Zero cuts off Epyon's left arm)

<Zechs>; Why didn't you kill me?

<Heero>: Relena would be sad.

<Quattre>: (audio) Heero!?

<Heero>: Quatre?

<Quattre>: (audio) Thank god.... This block is still descending on the earth.

<Heero>: Understood... I'll destroy the propulsion system.

<Duo>: (slicing away with beam scythe) Before this piece hits the earth, we'll turn it into so many pieces!

<Trowa>: (shooting) Never lose hope until the end.... That's what I learned piloting this suit.

<Quattre>: Our chances of success are next to nothing... but it's better than doing nothing.

(An explosion occurs near SandRock and sends it reeling. A mobile suit keeps Quatre's MS from falling completely)

<Rashid>: Are you all right, master Quatre?!

<Quattre>: Everyone..... You shouldn't be here.

<Rashid>: No need to be so formal! We'll help too!

<Abdoul>: We made it this far! We're going to do this anyways.

<Auda>: Let us do it, Master Quatre!

<Quattre>: I'm sorry to have to trouble you. Everyone....

Wing Zero has reached the propulsion unit of the Libra, but Epyon is hot on his heels...

[OUTSIDE]

<Scorpio>: I can't let everyone die down there.....but...what do I do?

(Master Asia appears): You don't know,eh?

<Scorpio>:I have no time to argue with you, Fuhai...arrgh!!What the..?

<Fuhai>:This is the move that saved the Earth last time.....well,not really,this one is just better! Can you master that?

<Scorpio>:What the hell.....

Phantom Scorpio spreads its arms wide,and its gliding fins come out. The God Gundam arm begins to upload something into Walker's head,and the golden aura begins to expand. As angel wings sprout out of the fins,Scorpio closes his eyes...as Libra draws closer,the glow gets brighter...

[ON THE MOON]

<Lunarian>:What the heck?? The old G Gundam relics are standing up?

(Bolt,Dragon,Knight,Maxter,Minaret,Mandala,Master,Lumber,Zeus,Kowloon,

Mermaid,Pharaoh ,Matador Gundams all stand up and begin to glow)

[BACK TO THE ATMOSPHERE]

<Heero>:Zechs!! We are all going to perish!!

<Zechs>:I know,I know!!!(slashes proplusion system) Libra was supposed to have split into four!!

<Duo>:We can't stop now-eh?

(Chibodee Crockett touches DeathScythe and it disappears)

<Quattre>:Duo?? Huh?

(Argo touches SandRock, they and all the Maguanrcs dissappear)

<Trowa>: Hey, what's goin on--

(George DeSande grabs HeavyArms and it dissappears)

<Wufei>:What in the name of....

(Sai Xi grabs Altron, it dissapears)

<Zechs>:THey're gone!!

(Domon appears, grabs Wing Zero)

<Heero>:No!!The system!!!! *blink*

(All the Gundams appear behind Libra)

<Wufei>:What happenned?????

<PScorpio>: The Shuffle Alliance....

(PS makes a circular motion with its arms, golden glow intensifies, changes to a silvery glow)

<Noin>:Zechs!?!? Where's Zechs?

<Zechs keeps on slashing>:I won't give up!! I'll never give up!!

[ATMOSPHERE]

Phantom Scorpio and the Libra are at point blank range. Its now or never,the final shot.All the Gundams are out, and the fate of Earth lies in the hands of two men...two men who by a twist of fate,have become mortal enemies....

(Libra is burning up)

<Walker,mask off>:This is it...(PS arms spread wide open)

Without warning, the Gundam relics on the Moon emit one narrow beam, headed toward Phantom Scorpio. The beam hits him dead center,and the silver glow widens,becoming blue and almost as large as Libra itself. The heads of all the Gundams,past and present loom behind PhantomScorpio. As everyone in space looks on, one Mobile Suit will forever make history....

<Walker>:With all this power.....I will...I will!!

<Noin calls,but can't see his face because of the light>:Rescue Zechs!!Scorpio,I'm begging you!!!

<Howard>:Too late!!It's impacting on the atmosphere!!

 

Suddenly, the great flashing blue light charges forward, taking shape as it surges toward the Libra.Those far away enough were looking at a bird, a phoenix of some sort.Those too close shielded their eyes and kept on praying,while the citizens of Earth stare blankly at the massive spectacle of light above their skies.In the center of it all lies one mobile suit,or rather one man.The power surges through him like none other before,but with courage,he continues forward...

<Scorpio>: Tohou Fuhai Saishiu Nogi!!!Ikeeee!! God Phoenix!! TEN GERDAAAAA!!!!!!!!

The Libra is awash with the energy,but continues to plummet. As Phantom Scorpio surges through, it opens its wings once more,and the Wings cut through the entire Libra station, finally cutting it into its four pieces.But the Mobile Suit is not yet done. Moving to the center,the energy swirls back into the suit. For a moment,everyone's hearts stop beating. The Suit crunches up, like a fetus in a mother's womb. Then, unleashing one final wave of power, it spreads out its arms and legs.The wave goes in all directions, melting metal and burning plastic. In the distance, entire starships are thrown sideways by the power of the blast,while Mobile Suits try to stop twirling and spinning....

<Otto>:Phantooooooooom!!!!!!!

<Silver>:I can't see anything!!!

<Heero>:I'm going in!! (WZ boosts)

(Deathscythe grabs WZ): No!!It;s too dangerous!!!!

<Noin>:Zeeeechs!!!!!Noooo!!!! (Torus whirls around)

When the light finally fades, nothing is seen of the Libra,or the suit that destroyed it. Space for once, is silent. Small flickers of light signal the Libra's ultimate destruction,but the skies above are clear.

<Howard>:It...it never even touched the atmosphere....?

(People start cheering)

<Sally>:He...he destroyed it all by himself......taking himself along with it...(puts hand to mouth)

<Une>:He did what all of us couldn't....

<Otto,cying>:I can't believe this....

<Trowa>:It's confirmed....there's nothing left....?

<Quattre cries>:He's gone....

<Heero>:Mission accomplished.........(one tear falls)Mission....accom....(more tears fall)

<Wufei>:.......

<Duo>"Papa Death...? Are you out there...?? (begins to cry as well) Answer me!!Answer me, damn you!!!

<Noin>:There's nothing....but...why..why do I have this feeling..?

<Relena>:I declare this war over!!

(More folks cheer)

 

(Epyon reappears somewhere in space)

<Zechs>:What the.....where am I...

<Master Fuhai crosses his arms>:I saved you.

<Zechs>:What..?

(Tallgeese II's remains hover nearby)

<Fuhai>:I was foolish once,much like you...but you are still living,boy. It's time to turn your back on your past and follow your destiny.

<Zechs>:I suppose....(sees only tiny blips -he is on the other side of Mars,it seems)

<Fuhai>:Then you must come with me....to train yourself...

<Zechs bows>:Yes, master....(I will return,Noin....)

[3 MONTHS LATER, AT TREIZE'S GRAVE]

(Dorothy and Noin put flowers on Treize's grave)

<Dorothy>:Why don't you put flowers on Milliardo's grave?

<Noin>:I beleive he;s still out there....I know, it seems silly,but he's out there,I know it...besides,why aren't you putting any on your Uncle Noventa's grave..?

<Dorothy>:It may seem silly, but....(shrugs)

<Noin nods>:I understand......

(begins to rain, Noin pulls out umbrella)

(Figure bypasses them and puts a flower on Zechs' grave)

<Noin sees the guy's face>:It can't be.....but...

(Man puts something on his face)

<Noin>:Wait!! Wait!! Walker!?! Is that you???

(Man turns around, Noin is still shocked)

<Scorpio>:Long time no see, Noin.

<Dorothy>:Scorpio?? But.....

<Scorpio>:You two had better forget about me.....about everything I was...my story...my story is over....

<Noin>:Can I...can I see your face?

(Scorpio puts his hand to his mask, but shakes his head)

<Scorpio>:I can never take this off....not like this.....

<Noin>:Scorpio...about Walker...I...Zechs and I...forgive you......you were reacting in anger.....at our betrayal....

<Scorpio>: Goodbye,Noin....may you and Zechs find happiness at last...

<Noin>:Thank you, Scorpio....

<Scorpio turns around>:I mean it..you AND Zechs......he's not as dead as many people think..(winks and walks into the rain)

<Noin chases>:Wait!! What do you mean....?

<Scorpio waves>: Just have faith!!!

<Dorothy>:Wait!!hold up!!

(Noin and Dorothy are staring at an empty street)

<Noin>:He's gone.....like a phantom.....well, Dorothy,I'd better go home now,it's getting late....

<Dorothy>:Take care,Noin! (waves and gets into a limo)

<Quattre>:Who were you talking to?

<Dorothy cuddles up >:Oh, no one....

[NOIN'S HOUSE]

<Noin fumbles her keys>:Oh darn it,which one is it...

(Door opens, Zechs is standing in the doorway)

(Noin drops her keys)

<Noin's tears fall>:Zechs...??But...but....

<Zechs>: Don't say anything, Noin.....

(Zechs holds Noin and they kiss, door closes behind them)

 

 

<Scorpio>: As one story war ended, another of love restarts.With no more obligations, I head towards Jupiter with the asteroid terraformers, with hope. Nobody knows where I am, and nobody will.

Noventa is picking up on where he left off,being family man and grandfather to his kids.All FOUR of them.

(Noventa leans by the fireplace,little portraits of the Purus,Sylvia and Dorothy are on the coffee table)

Nagaki is off to China. I hear he's become a teacher. I hope he can teach what he has learned from being with us,that there is hope for even the most treachorus of souls....

(Nagaki jogging, a bunch of tired students behind him)

Otto, I hear is starting up a prevention agency with Lady Une...God willing,if anyone can stop another war, I know he can...Godspeed,King of Hearts..I wish you well...

(Otto and Une telling decorators where to put the furniture)

Crimson has retained the Space Scorpions,but he is cleaning up the massive mess of Mobile Suits out there....he has found a dream.Relena's dream is now his own.I'm happy for you,Mardyev...Valentina would have been proud...

(Cancer II picks up a burnt out Leo and chucks it into a massive bin. Crimson sighs, and goes on with his work)

<Relena>:Crimson,how's it going?

<Crimson>:This will take some time,but rest assured,my dear...it will be done...do not worry.You can count on me.

Ah,Kostya...you've found peace,I hope. As for the Gundam pilots, I have no idea where they are. Sally tells me Wufei stormed off after the final battle,while Trowa might be back with his circus.They've given their Mobile Suits up to the Sun. Little Death,take care of your Angel....

(Duo is playing around with Hilde in a park somewhere,they are laughing)

As for me....who knows?

<Pilot>:We are go for launch,sir.

<PS takes one last look>: Affirmative.

(Pisces jumps straight for Jupiter,leaving a single speck.....)

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

you think so?