CHAPTER 9 - WHO ARE YOU? WHAT AM I? (Part two)

 

 

Narrator: I'm taking the day off! Hmph, read Part ONE!

 

 

<Scorpio>: Fins deactivate. I'm setting into the sand. (lands) Hope this sand can hide Phantom Scorpio. (Takes equipment out) Those tachyon fields are going DOWN! (cocks shotgun) *BANG*!

<Black faced Scorpio>: Um..maybe the shotgun's not such a good idea...

(Buries PS in the sand)

<Silver>: I'm headed for Sector 5. Radio silence from now on, Phantom. As Otto would say, this is a solo dish.

<Scorpio>: Roger. By the way, he wants to be called Desert Rose from now on...some chick made him do it...

<Silver turns off comm>: No shit...

(Scorpio runs off east)

<Scorpio peeks over barchan>: There she is, Baghdad Base. Just like the travel brochoures said. Tachyon field generators are inside, looks like a vent job. (Checks dampeners) These things better work ,or I'm toast.

Phantom Scorpio ghosts past spotlights, carefully avoiding guards. While he is focused on the mission, Silver Scorpion's revelations are still ringing in his mind. He places a stealth bomb on the vent cover, blasting it off. The dampeners on his belt stop him from being sensed, but Phantom has to be careful. One mistake and close to five hundred suits will be after him.

Scorpio crawls through the mazy ducts, not sure of its configuration. Guards downstairs talk of the boredom working in the desert, but a senior guard tells them to remember the last Maganac assault. Scorpio reaches for a duct cover, and fires it through.

--RUB-AL-KHALI DESERT, MAGANAC BASE--

<Quattre>: This is a good idea, training together like this, it will increase our teamwork skills.

<Wufei>: I only came here because I feel someone's prescence. I'm still unworthy of Nataku....

<Trowa>: Let's get on with it then. Activate the mobile dolls.

(Mobile Doll Maganacs start firing)

<Quattre>: Come on SandRock!

(Trowa fires HeavyArms' cannon, Chang activates the flamethrower)

<Wufei>: There are only two people I've never defeated...and none of you are them!!! (Flames Mobile Dolls)

<Rachid>: Master Quattre's idea to invite the other Gundam pilots here was a good idea. If they can gel as a team, then our cause may not be lost after all.

<Abdul>: Might help their morale ,too.Too bad the other two aren't here.

<Rachid>: If anyone can cheer people up, it's Quattre....(sees SandRock destroy another Mobile Doll)

--BAGHDAD BASE--

<Scorpio>: There it is. The Tachyon Field Gens.(Blowtorches the gate)

<Guard>:Oi! (Gets chop)

<Scorpio>: Your mother.

<Scorpio plants explosives>: OOps, wrong ones.

<Scorpio plants disruptors>: Alrighty then.I am rusty, deary me.

<Silver>: Sensors say the tacyon fields are weakening. Trucks, get ready. What's taking him so long?

<Scorpio>:Alright. Time to get out here. (Presses signal button)

<Trucker>: Signal received. Aquarius, get ready for delivery.

The Trucks and their drivers go straight through the warehouse walls without a single scratch. They load all they can find onto the Trucks, while their co-drivers attack chains to various Mobile Suits and large weapons. The Food Trucks leave first, followed by the Weapons Trucks. They're unnoticed, as their stealth fields also cover their goods. However,as the restrictive Tachyon fields go offline, the OZ guards at Baghdad are caught unawares by an attacking DeathScythe. Scorpio wonders what's going on...

<Scorpio, running down a hall>: Silver??? I thought that this was a stealth op!! What the hell are you doing??

<Silver>: It's 02! They're wrecking the joint! The Trucks are loaded and leaving now! Can't pick you up, though- HEY!

(DeathClaw misses Scorpio II)

<Duo>: Well, well, a Scorpio unit. This should be fun! (Scythe up)

<Silver>: "Scorpion" to you, bub!(buzzsaws out)

<Duo>: Surprise, surprise. Something made you talk!

<Scorpio runs out of building>: Hooooooleeeeey @$#%@!! It's that Gundam with the big scythe!

(Fuel tank blows up)

<Scorpio>: Whoaaa!! (Jumps clear) I gotta get outta here!! Silver, are the Trucks away?

<Silver>: Away. But I'm kinda busy here!(Buzzsaws Deathscythe, blocked by Scythe)

<Scorpio>: Don't worry about me! I'll get Phantom! The Trucks are the most important thing! (Runs) They (the Gundams) have triggered the alarms! Every MS in the Middle East is going to be after us! (Runs faster,panting)...Now..where did I park?

<Silver>: You're good, for a freak! (Buzzsaws narrowly miss Duo) But not good enough!

<Duo>: Think so, eh? (Swings Scythe) The God of Death is no freak!

<Silver>: God of Death? Why is everyone in this story calling themselves Death? (Angrily looks at writer)

<Duo>: I'm the only God of Death!

<Silver>: Phantom Scorpio is Death! You're just a brat with a Reaper fixation! (Parries DeathClaw)

<Duo>: No way!

<Silver>: Yes way! And you better believe it!! (Blocks Vulcans)

<Mosoul/Basrah>: Alert confirmed! Gundams in the area! Scramble ALL units!

Hundreds of suits burst forward!

<Zechs>: What's going on?

<Mosoul>: We've found them,sir! The Gundams are in Baghdad!

--TRAINING GROUND, 50 KMS FROM MAGANAC BASE--

<Quattre>: That's the last of them, guys! Good work!

<Trowa>:...

<Wufei>: These dolls are nothing! Send me a real warrior!

Quattre prepares to return to the main base, as do the others. All of a sudden, Nataku trips over something hard. While Trowa helps the embarrased Chang up, Quattre informs them that there are no rocks that heavy in this part of the desert. The wind shifts, blowing the covering sand away to reveal Phantom Scorpio, cockpit open. The God Gundam arm sticks out of the sand.

<Quattre>: What is this? A Mobile Suit? It's not matching any of current OZ model configurations....and that funny arm...

<Trowa>: That insignia....(Remembers Crimson Cancer)

<Wufei>: The Sign of the Scorpion...could it be??

(Scorpio runs like hell, with , Deathsycthe and Scorpio II close behind. The 500 suits are in the background horizon)

<Scorpio>; GANGWAY!!!!! Peanut gallery, stage left! (Runs faster)

<Duo>: Get off me, you silver freak!

<Silver, boosting Deathscythe but holding it>: Just follow me, young'un! You wouldn't want to be caught back there!

<Trucks>: We're ascending above your current position! (Boosts up)

<Quattre>:Who is that running down there?

<Scorpio>: More Gundams?? Not good,not good! (Leaps over SandRock's foot)

<Silver Scorpion>: Three more Gundams!As if this pest wasn't bad enough! Dresses like a priest, swears like a girl!

<Wufei>: That sign....!!It's HIM!

<Trowa>: Heads up, Wufei! I detect...hundreds of Mobile Suits headed this way!

<Quattre>: And the Maganacs won't get here in time! I guess we have to fight!(Takes out SandRock's clubs)

<Duo>: Five Hundred....???????

<Phantom, spotting his suit>: There ya are! (Jumps)

<OZzie>: I've spotted them! All the Gundams! Attack!

(Scorpio jumps into cockpit,prepares to boost)

<Quattre>: This is too much!

<Duo>: Yeah, you're telling me!(Primes weapons)

<Wufei>: They're coming!!! (Flamethrower on)

<Silver, boosting to Aquarius>: They'll never make it, Phantom! Some are even carrying space lasers! They're out for blood!

<Phantom>; I see Nataku down there....

The Gundams are swamped with OZ attackers, who use almost every means necessary to beat the Gundams. SandRock is held tightly by two OZ Scorpios, who punch him consantly. Trowa's Machine Gun cannot handle so many multiple targets, while Duo simply has no mass weaponry. Wufei is the only one still with a chance, his naginata's swirl catching many an OZ unit. Phantom makes a decision...

<Phantom cuts a space laser from WeaponsTruck's line>

<WeaponsTruck>: Boss??

(Scorpio U-Turns)

<Phantom>: We're the good guys...We're the Good guys!!!Why are we running? Get bck to Aquarius, tell them to help!

<Silver, priming shoulder missiles>: Now he knows how Zechs feels...

(Scorpio and Silver Scorpion bombard the OZ forces with a laser-missile attack)

<Duo>: Hey, what's goin on! (Scythes his captors)

<Quattre>: They're helping us!

(OZ unit after OZ unit is melted or disintegrated)

<Quattre>: Whoever you are! Help Wufei! They're singling him out! We can take over from here!

(ShenLong is surrounded)

(Scorpio throws SandRock the laser): Go! Attack from a distance! keep em away! Leave Nataku to me!(Boosts straight into the melee)

<Silver, armed with a chaingun>:Eat this, traitors!!!

<Duo>: Are you guys Alliance or something?

<Silver>: We're the Scorpions.They, are chicken feed. Forgive my lack of elegance earlier. I'm Silver Scorpion. (Fires on Leo) Believe it or not, we actually might be on the same side. (Bows gracefully to Duo)

That over there, is Death. His name is Phantom Scorpio.That is all.

<Duo>: I'm DEATH!

<Silver>: Then again, maybe not.

<Phantom,swinging a captured Aries like a cannon ball>: Outta my face, dilweeds!

<Wufei>: Pant...pant.... They're so many of them!I cannot lose! Nataku is already mad at me!

(Phantom slashes open Aries attacking Wufei): So we meet again, Nataku!

<Wufei>: Scorpio??? I thought you were OZ!

<Phantom>: Hmph. They do not fight honorably, Nataku. Not like we do.

<Wufei>: My name is Wufei, Scorpio. You'll have to remember it when I defeat you.(Nataku gets up with Scorpio's help)

<Phantom>: Yadda,yadda...(gets back to the fight)

--LUXEMBOURG, MASSAGE ROOM 21--

<Trieze, watching on monitor>: This Phantom Scorpio fights like a tiger....

<Lady Une>: Should we send in the heavy artillery?

<Trieze>: No. Can you rub my lower abdomen next?

<Lady Une>: Yes, Mister Trieze. (applies oil)

--BACK TO THE FIGHT!--

<Phantom>: Only about 200 to go.......*pant*pant* Where's that Aquarius?? (Slashes a Commander Leo)

<Aquarius>: Um boss, we're having trouble loading some of the stuff! Aries are trying to nail the trucks! We're busy holding em off!

<Silver>: Damn! Unit Sandrock, how are you holding up?

<Quattre>: I'm doing OK, but Trowa's going to run out of ammo at any time!

(Trowa takes knife out); I'm already out.

<Silver>: No matter how many I kill, they keep on coming! Urgh! (Fires Gun)

<Duo>: I'll show you, who's the God of Death!

<Quattre>: Maganacs, where are you?

<Rachid>: We're on our way, Master Quattre! Some of those units are already engaging our units!

<Quattre>: Of course! The Dolls! (Activates Training ground Mobile Dolls)

(Dolls appear and attack the OZ forces)

<Trowa>: ....(Gives that 'maybe I want to die'look)

<Silver>: SandRock! Get your buddy out of there! He's as still as a lamppost!

<Quattre>: Trowa! Snap out of it!

<Trowa>; Huh.....Quattre...(knifes an Aries)

(PS and Nataku are cornered)

<Scorpio>: I...I'm getting..tired,Nataku...

<Wufei>: I..know how you feel......I'm almost spent as well....

Quattre's trick worked! The Mobile Dolls, intended for live fire exercises, push the 100 or so OZ units back. Standing in a uniform line, the assorted Dolls fire mercilessly on the Zodiac soldiers. The Maganacs and Aquarius arrive on the scene to mop up, leaving behind seven VERY exhausted pilots.....and one thirsty stand-in narrator...

<Silver>: This was your doing, boy?<to self--> Hey, I know him...the Winner Child?Well done!

<Quattre>: It was nothing. You and your friend there are the real heroes. If you hadn't turned back, we would have been slaughtered back there....thanks!

(PS and ShenLong lying down)

<Phantom>: We're the good guys, right? *Pant* Plus, I've got Wufei here who wants to kill me...

<Wufei>: *heavy breathing* Forget about our feud for now, Scorpio....I can see now that you're not going to give up either...I'm not into meaningless combat....shake?

(Phantom Scorpio vibrates)

<Wufei>: Very funny, Scorpio.

(Silver and Phantom climb out of their Mobile Suits)

As the Maganacs help the Truckers re-load up onto the Aquarius, Phantom Scorpio is introduced to each Gundam pilot. Silver Scorpio, still weary from battle, does not realize Wing Gundam killed the other generals at New Edwards. Scorpio explains the nature of their raid, and Duo aplogizes for attacking Silver Scorpion and setting off the alarm.

<Duo>: Whaddya say, Scorpio? HandShake?

<Phantom>: No.

<Duo>: No??

<Silver>:Yes.

<Duo>:No?

<Phantom>:Never.

<Duo>:Hmph!

<Phantom>: Never shake hands with a scorpion, Little Death. It's the stinging tail that'll get you...Trust me, we can't be allies just yet...

<Silver, raises head>: We have our own reasons for fighting on Earth. They have nothing to do with any of you.

<Duo>: Excuuu-hu-ze me for caring! 'Little Death', even...

<Quattre,pleading>: Why can't we all just be friends? There's no reason to split like this...we can fight OZ together!please...

<Scorpio>: That's what Silver was saying. It's not our objective, it's yours. We want you guys to win, trust us. But we're not fighting this war for you. Doctor J may have given up, but none of you can. The Scorpions were formed to save the present. The Gundams are built to save the future....goodbye,Little Death. The masses are counting on you. Our paths may cross again, but rest assured, they're different paths....

(Silver and Phantom boost into Aquarius, which goes into orbit)

<Quattre>: I don't understand,Rachid....why didn't they want to join us?

<Rachid>: Some people stick to their own agenda. Some people walk the line between good and evil tentatively.They stole from a nearby facility, but came back to save you. Something tells me we'll be hearing from them sooner than later.

<Duo>: You're darn tootin! Now I can't wait to fight again! I don't care with who!

<Wufei>: .....I'm still not worthy of Nataku.... (Leaves)

<Quattre>: Wait! There goes another one...Rachid, did you mean people like that? Trowa, what about you? Trowa??

Trowa is gone, along with HeavyArms. He is headed back to the circus, where Heero is recuperating from his injuries. Quattre and Duo stand alone in the Desert....wondering if the Gundams can match the teamwork of the Scorpions...perhaps that is why Phantom refused to join them...they have to join themsleves first.

--MOON BASE DOMON,CRIMSON'S LAB--

*Note*: Very badly sung "desert Rose" originally by Sting and Cheb mami

<Otto>: I dream of raaaaain, alEyiYayyyyy!! i dream of eyes, the softest, palest brown..I close my eyes and I choose..it's the sweetest intoxication in thr worrrrllldd.....(voice breaks)

<Crimson>: Shut up!

<Otto,in deeper voice>: It's shut up, Desert Rose to you, mister!

<Crimson>: Shut up, Desert Rose. You're just dressed the part. Hmph.'Gundam Rose' indeed. Who woulda thought of that?

<Otto>:It really existed, you know. That cockpit chest is proof.

<Crimson>:Your taste for a rose logo...is over the top.

next chapter